Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After today's announcement, I'm officially afraid of Sims 4: Seasons...

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I agree that Summer has been hit with the half baked stick. They could have added more pool stuff for summer or even activities like breathing contests and marco polo.

Yeah. :/

I would have liked to see more summer stuff for the kiddie/teen sets. Like, super soakers or something. Hopefully, there will be a really good beach pack some time in the future. I just hope that it's not too far behind Seasons because, right now, it feels like at least 25% of a Seasons pack is missing.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    [quote]
    I would have liked to see more summer stuff for the kiddie/teen sets. Like, super soakers or something. Hopefully, there will be a really good beach pack some time in the future. I just hope that it's not too far behind Seasons because, right now, it feels like at least 25% of a Seasons pack is missing.[/quote]

This is why I don't believe that they couldn't at least include snow depth
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I would have liked to see more summer stuff for the kiddie/teen sets. Like, super soakers or something. Hopefully, there will be a really good beach pack some time in the future. I just hope that it's not too far behind Seasons because, right now, it feels like at least 25% of a Seasons pack is missing.

Funnily enough, deep snow got the same excuse as body hair: "Couldn't get it to look right". Yet, I have awesome cc body hair. So, go figure.

As soon as Seasons is released, I'm pretty much expecting cc snow and drifts made out of a rug base or something so that the Sims can "walk through it". In some cases, the mod creators are making EA look bad. :/
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    [quote="Cynna;c-16526946"][quote="Drearydeary;c-16526936"][quote]
    I would have liked to see more summer stuff for the kiddie/teen sets. Like, super soakers or something. Hopefully, there

[/quote]

Funnily enough, deep snow got the same excuse as body hair: "Couldn't get it to look right". Yet, I have awesome cc body hair. So, go figure.

As soon as Seasons is released, I'm pretty much expecting cc snow and drifts made out of a rug base or something so that the Sims can "walk through it". In some cases, the mod creators are making EA look bad. :/[/quote]

Right? I just don't believe these things aren't achievable, if they could do it before why can't they do it again? Smh
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

As soon as Seasons is released, I'm pretty much expecting cc snow and drifts made out of a rug base or something so that the Sims can "walk through it". In some cases, the mod creators are making EA look bad. :/

What? When was that? I hope we get body hair.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

What? When was that? I hope we get body hair.

Scroll down to the thread about body hair. It's there. :/

@Drearydreary Exactly.

I know that this is a new engine. However, going into this, EA knew exactly what they would eventually need this engine to do. The onus is on them for not working closely with the architect's of the engine and planning ahead.

When EA's snow FX are on par with a mod that has been in circulation for months and months, there is something desperately wrong. It's a disappointment and a shame because this series has such a vaunted history. That's the reason that I'm still here. I'm still waiting for EA to make magic again because I know that they're capable of so much more than the To Do lists of the present game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I admit to being very worried about this EP being chopped up into tiny bits. I am still disappointed in what EA did with the Cats and Dogs EP and the following My First Pet SP.

I was wrong. Seasons looks amazing and I am super excited to have it added to my game. I know it is early still but it feels full of additional content. I also like how the power is back in my hands. As the player I get to chose my own holidays and traditions or no holidays. I rule. I have missed that.

Hopefully future packs will continue to give me the choices I need to play my game my way.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Even though I truely hope all the expectations for Seasons won’t turn into a disappointment, a trailer has never been a cause in its own to set minds at ease. It’s the actual game that will have to deliver and so far in almost every case (except for Vampires) there has been a pattern of anticipation, hope, ‘best pack ever’ and then, after release, for many players (not all, I realize that, but many) disappointment awaited.

By that I don’t mean people shouldn’t be confident and hopeful, especially those who love all packs so far of course will be, but where a trailer may set one simmer’s mind at ease, that may not necessarily apply to the other. Last time I decided to let confidence and hope in I bought JA. Not regretting it, I had real genuine fun for a couple of hours which made me realize how desperately I’m longing for that in this game, but my hope that it would give me months, years of pleasure the way I was used to was not acceded.

Well, people's minds can be set at ease that they're not splitting Seasons into separate packs at least.

And what I've seen in the trailers has looked pretty good. The calendar system looks great and very flexible. For example, say you play with aging off, but you still want to celebrate your Sim's "birthday" without aging up. You can set a date for the Big Day, set traditions (maybe BBQ, invite guests, give gifts and streaking) so you can have a big party. And if the calendar works where you can actually schedule events ahead of time (like weddings) instead of the instaparties we have now, that in itself would be a huge game improvement. (If we can plan weddings, I want to be able to set the bride and groom's attire, add veils in the Hats category, etc.-- I'd do a lot fewer elopements!)
    Loanet wrote: »
    We haven't seen real gameplay for Sims 4 Seasons. Just carefully choreographed parties in trailers. And that concerns me.

When have we ever seen real gameplay in a trailer? We've got the livestream coming up later this week, plus the reports from EA Play especially from the "game changers" who I believe got more of a hands-on than did the ordinary attendees (I think they had a separate area for them). One concern I had about EA Play is that the PCs were all at counter level -- that's not good for those in wheelchairs or can't stand for long periods of time (raises hand). I hope they'll take accessibility into account for future events.

Actually, they did pretty much break off a huge chunk of Seasons and kicked it down the road for another pack. There's still no ocean swimming, no suntans, no pool floats, lounge chairs, diving boards, pool games, etc.

Besides the heat, and gardening (new harvestables), I'm still having a hard time determining what exactly has been added for the summer season. So far, all of the typical summer fare is nowhere to be seen.

We still have a bit of time left before launch. For once, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Yet, up to now, that hasn't been EA's pattern. They're pretty WYSIWYG.

I agree that Summer has been hit with the half baked stick. They could have added more pool stuff for summer or even activities like breathing contests and marco polo.

This makes perfect sense though.

This is basically the only pack we’ll have Winter activities, Rain activities, Fall activities etc, in our games.

Summer basically will always have content added to it because that’s the Season all the other content is designed for.

Now imagine if they focused more on Summer activities, and then cut things like Snowmen, Shoveling snow, or raking leaves etc. in order to add more content to Summer.

I’m super glad they skipped on content for Summer (other than Stuff that could only come with Seasons) because we have packs like Backyard Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Perfect Patio, Get Together etc. that all add outdoor Summer activities and that’s not going to change.

The last thing I want is people to feel like they did with Cats & Dogs, not adding enough Pet related content and adding too much everyday furniture that could have been added in any other pack.

Even My First Pet Stuff focused too much on furniture rather than Pets.
  • Options
    @Cynna wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Even though I truely hope all the expectations for Seasons won’t turn into a disappointment, a trailer has never been a cause in its own to set minds at ease. It’s the actual game that will have to deliver and so far in almost every case (except for Vampires) there has been a pattern of anticipation, hope, ‘best pack ever’ and then, after release, for many players (not all, I realize that, but many) disappointment awaited.

By that I don’t mean people shouldn’t be confident and hopeful, especially those who love all packs so far of course will be, but where a trailer may set one simmer’s mind at ease, that may not necessarily apply to the other. Last time I decided to let confidence and hope in I bought JA. Not regretting it, I had real genuine fun for a couple of hours which made me realize how desperately I’m longing for that in this game, but my hope that it would give me months, years of pleasure the way I was used to was not acceded.

Well, people's minds can be set at ease that they're not splitting Seasons into separate packs at least.

And what I've seen in the trailers has looked pretty good. The calendar system looks great and very flexible. For example, say you play with aging off, but you still want to celebrate your Sim's "birthday" without aging up. You can set a date for the Big Day, set traditions (maybe BBQ, invite guests, give gifts and streaking) so you can have a big party. And if the calendar works where you can actually schedule events ahead of time (like weddings) instead of the instaparties we have now, that in itself would be a huge game improvement. (If we can plan weddings, I want to be able to set the bride and groom's attire, add veils in the Hats category, etc.-- I'd do a lot fewer elopements!)
    Loanet wrote: »
    We haven't seen real gameplay for Sims 4 Seasons. Just carefully choreographed parties in trailers. And that concerns me.

When have we ever seen real gameplay in a trailer? We've got the livestream coming up later this week, plus the reports from EA Play especially from the "game changers" who I believe got more of a hands-on than did the ordinary attendees (I think they had a separate area for them). One concern I had about EA Play is that the PCs were all at counter level -- that's not good for those in wheelchairs or can't stand for long periods of time (raises hand). I hope they'll take accessibility into account for future events.

Actually, they did pretty much break off a huge chunk of Seasons and kicked it down the road for another pack. There's still no ocean swimming, no suntans, no pool floats, lounge chairs, diving boards, pool games, etc.

Besides the heat, and gardening (new harvestables), I'm still having a hard time determining what exactly has been added for the summer season. So far, all of the typical summer fare is nowhere to be seen.

We still have a bit of time left before launch. For once, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Yet, up to now, that hasn't been EA's pattern. They're pretty WYSIWYG.

ETA: Well, there's the kiddie pool. I'm glad to see that introduced.

True, but they kept a whole Scout system under wraps and the Gardening career is yet super unclear. We don’t even know how Gardening works in Seasons.

All I’ll say is (apart from what we have above), we don’t need EA to add a whole bunch of Summer stuff in Seasons, only to add a pack dedicated to Summer later (eg. How Island Paradise was almost directly after Seasons).

It makes you realise they could have focused on the other Seasons much more (since we only get one shot) whereas Summer stuff has every chance of still getting more Stuff Packs and a Game Pack or two, and an Expansion dedicated to the Season.

I almost think the lack of Summer stuff is a foreshadowing that a Summer based pack like Island Paradise is around the corner :)
  • Options
    edited June 2018

There is Snow Depth. That’s been confirmed.
    What was confirmed not coming was Deep Snow.

Grant was very specific about his wording and said “deep snow” hasn’t been added.

We have images that show Snow covering the bottoms of objects ever so slightly, and that when Snow melts it’s sitting on top of the roof, not changing the colour of the roof.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Summer basically will always have content added to it because that’s the Season all the other content is designed for.

If this were true, four years in, where are all these alleged summer activities? Other than pool swimming and diving, which are usually base game fare, where are all of these wonderful summer-specific activities?

I almost think the lack of Summer stuff is a foreshadowing that a Summer based pack like Island Paradise is around the corner :)

Agreed.

I'm dead certain that a summer specific pack is on its way.

The thing is, since we've basically had four years of summer, all of those things should have been dribbling into the game all along, no? That would seem to make the most sense. Yet, we're always forced to wait in order for Sims to have summer-specific activities to go along with all of those days of ceaseless sun.

This is something that started in TS3. They released fewer summer-specific activities so that they could add more to a summer expansion pack. Now, it's even worse. Because, what little we did receive in TS3 has been completely cut this time around. No ocean swimming, tanning, lounging, pool floats, diving boards, etc.

At this point, it makes very little sense to have four years of summer, only to continue the streak with an expansion that is totally based on summer. It's redundant.

I hope to see a winter pack some time in the future because, to be completely honest, if this is our only crack at winter and summer got short shrift in order to focus more on winter, there's still a whole lot more stuff that could have been done with it.

Just sayin'.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options

Grant was very specific about his wording and said “deep snow” hasn’t been added.

We have images that show Snow covering the bottoms of objects ever so slightly, and that when Snow melts it’s sitting on top of the roof, not changing the colour of the roof.

I really wouldn't consider that snow depth, it can barely be called that, any way you slice it it's a sad attempt at winter
  • Options
    nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    This situation is beginning to remind me of what happened starting in the Sims2 era where in the previews for the base game, we saw videos and discussions about how we supposedly would be getting weather with Sims2 (again, base game). Yet not long before it was supposed to be released, it came out weather had been removed supposedly due to technical issues. So, instead, we waited several expansion packs in before we finally got weather and had to buy a pack to get it.

With Sims4, it sometimes feels like not just a rehash of ideas from previous Sims games, but fewer features or things added compared to them at times (for example, the recent pets pack(s). Where Sims1 also included gardening as part of that pack, Sims2 felt like it built upon the pets idea where Sims3 built upon it even further with various type of pets we previously had not had (such as playable horses) while Sims4 in some ways felt like a regression as while we did get a lovely new area and a new interactive career, we only really got cats and dogs and they seemed to split the pack almost into two in the form of the expansion pack and whatever that recent pack they released was called that had what felt almost like missing things from Cats & Dogs (including new pets?)).

However, I know EA is far from the only ones doing something like this. There is another game series I was a fan of where it originally had been designed in such a way that it had different races of species/"people" from which a player could choose to play as with each tying into one-another in terms of their backstories and also balancing one-another out in terms of the actual gameplay, itself. The use of all the races was essential to the game, itself and how it was played. Yet years later, when the company who produced it (not EA, but another major publisher) came out with a sequel, they decided to set up a system where the base game had one race it shipped with, but the other races players had to wait for separate packs and pay extra to play them or even with them--a move that was highly controversial in that game's community and many complained about it as many felt like it was an attempt to nickel and dime the players. In some cases, the wait per pack could be counted in years as well. Between that and the high price tag for even the base game (never mind each pack), I passed on the sequel. However, as I mentioned, they may not be alone in that (and I can think of a few other titles where something like this has happened, unfortunately). :/
  • Options

If this were true, four years in, where are all these alleged summer activities? Other than pool swimming and diving, which are usually base game fare, where are all of these wonderful summer-specific activities?

Agreed.

The thing is, since we've basically had four years of summer, all of those things should have been dribbling into the game all along, no? That would seem to make the most sense. Yet, we're always forced to wait in order for Sims to have summer-specific activities to go along with all of those days of ceaseless sun.

This is something that started in TS3. They released fewer summer-specific activities so that they could add more to a summer expansion pack. Now, it's even worse. Because, what little we did receive in TS3 has been completely cut this time around. No ocean swimming, tanning, lounging, pool floats, diving boards, etc.

At this point, it makes very little sense to have four years of summer, only to continue the streak with an expansion that is totally based on summer. It's redundant.

I hope to see a winter pack some time in the future because, to be completely honest, if this is our only crack at winter and summer got short shrift in order to focus more on winter, there's still a whole lot more stuff that could have been done with it.

Just sayin'.

All outside activities now are designed for Summer weather. Meaning, they aren’t relying on rain, fall, storms, snow etc.

While some things are multi-seasonal, most outdoor activities are best in Summer.

I can’t imagine the playgrounds being popular during Winter, or the waterslide being a hit in the rain in Spring or the harsh winds of Fall.

You’re not going to go do Yoga outside unless it’s a Sunny day. You’re not gonna go fishing when the lakes are frozen.

I could go on but you get the drift. People seem to equate Summer activities to = water activities.
    But that’s only a small part of Summer.
    But we got Sprinklers, Kiddie Pools and Water bombs with that anyway.

A lot of outdoor activities we have now will only be playable during Summer or Sunny days. So they really need to make other activities during the other Seasons a priority.

I get where your coming from, but then think of this. Most of what you said would make sense in a warm climate. So far, the only “ocean” areas are in New England and Europe, and it’s pretty much too cold to even Swim in the water.

Oasis Springs is probably the only area I could see in the base game, having a Swimming area (near the shops) but then again, it’s an odd place for someone to go for an outing.

It would make sense to add Pool activities like floats, lounges etc when we have a beach themed pack. Then they create a multi-use.

The problem I see happening, is if we get all these pool related stuff now, when it comes time to actually work on a Beach/Island Pack, it will be hard to fill as they’ve already used all the ideas.

I honestly think they need to be smart about how they go about adding things in.

Eg. Cats & Dogs not focusing on Cats & Dogs Stuff and instead focusing on stuff that could fit in any pack, was a waste.

City Living gets called half baked, because instead of focusing on City stuff, they focused on the careers, festivals and random gameplay items and left almost no gameplay for the City itself. City Living ended up being a weak Get To Work and Late Night hybrid because they focused on the stuff that we could have in future packs, instead of the city.

So why focus on Summer when we have every chance that they’ll be a pack based on a Tropical location soon, because every game from has had one so far.

More Summer for less Winter, Fall and Spring activities would kill me if the next Vacation world was an Island destination.
  • Options

I really wouldn't consider that snow depth, it can barely be called that, any way you slice it it's a sad attempt at winter

Eh, depth is anything that isn’t flat. And we know the snow isn’t flat.

Winter looks amazing in this game from the screenshots, and the snow is arguably the best to date as it’s 3D and not just a visual effect.

The weather effects are arguably the best too, and it’s probably due to the fact they didn’t have to throw a large portion of the budget on snow depth for a slightly different visual experience.
  • Options

Just sayin'.

I will say though, I hope we do get an Alps vacation destination. We haven’t since The Sims 1 and it was so cool (no pun intended). They can focus just on snow activities and do so much more than they’ve done with 2/3.

If The Sims 4 is going to last for years to come I want them to go all in with ideas. I don’t wanna see “oh we did Snow already, so that’s it”.

I pretty much want to see everything from TS1 - TS3 attempted (unless it wasn’t popular) in this game as I’m so sick of Sims games finishing before they’ve added everything that makes sense,

Like TS3 not having a proper vacation pack, or Business Pack, or even a Free Time like pack made me annoyed. But they focused two packs on Celebrities. Stuff like that annoys me.
  • Options

Eh, depth is anything that isn’t flat. And we know the snow isn’t flat.

Winter looks amazing in this game from the screenshots, and the snow is arguably the best to date as it’s 3D and not just a visual effect.

The weather effects are arguably the best too, and it’s probably due to the fact they didn’t have to throw a large portion of the budget on snow depth for a slightly different visual experience.

A lot of people are defending the lack of snow depth because of the budget meanwhile we're all loyal simmers throwing money at them for content, for something like this I think they could spend a little extra time and money to give the best results. Winter being the biggest change in weather it should have been focused on more. If you like it that's cool I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's completely justifiable for people to be disappointed by it as it is disappointing coming from a huge sims fan
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited June 2018

Agreed.

Just sayin'.

Please don't say that about a summer and winter pack... That's literally what this entire discussion was about to begin with... we don't need anymore packs with content that should've been released in a prior expansion pack. If they're going to add more summer and winter stuff, then they either need to deliver it in the Seasons expansion pack or in a free update later on.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018

All outside activities now are designed for Summer weather. Meaning, they aren’t relying on rain, fall, storms, snow etc.

While some things are multi-seasonal, most outdoor activities are best in Summer.

I can’t imagine the playgrounds being popular during Winter, or the waterslide being a hit in the rain in Spring or the harsh winds of Fall.

You’re not going to go do Yoga outside unless it’s a Sunny day. You’re not gonna go fishing when the lakes are frozen.

I could go on but you get the drift. People seem to equate Summer activities to = water activities.

A lot of outdoor activities we have now will only be playable during Summer or Sunny days. So they really need to make other activities during the other Seasons a priority.

I get where your coming from, but then think of this. Most of what you said would make sense in a warm climate. So far, the only “ocean” areas are in New England and Europe, and it’s pretty much too cold to even Swim in the water.

Oasis Springs is probably the only area I could see in the base game, having a Swimming area (near the shops) but then again, it’s an odd place for someone to go for an outing.

It would make sense to add Pool activities like floats, lounges etc when we have a beach themed pack. Then they create a multi-use.

The problem I see happening, is if we get all these pool related stuff now, when it comes time to actually work on a Beach/Island Pack, it will be hard to fill as they’ve already used all the ideas.

I honestly think they need to be smart about how they go about adding things in.

Eg. Cats & Dogs not focusing on Cats & Dogs Stuff and instead focusing on stuff that could fit in any pack, was a waste.

City Living gets called half baked, because instead of focusing on City stuff, they focused on the careers, festivals and random gameplay items and left almost no gameplay for the City itself. City Living ended up being a weak Get To Work and Late Night hybrid because they focused on the stuff that we could have in future packs, instead of the city.

So why focus on Summer when we have every chance that they’ll be a pack based on a Tropical location soon, because every game from has had one so far.

More Summer for less Winter, Fall and Spring activities would kill me if the next Vacation world was an Island destination.

The reason that people equate summer activities with water-related activities is exactly for the reason that you mentioned in your post: other times of the year, the water temperature is too cold. Therefore, people tend to hit the rivers and beaches during the summer because, unless you're a part of the Polar Bear Club, those activities aren't possible otherwise.

Except for the water slide, the examples that you provided can all be accomplished by other means or at other times. Yoga can be done any season. Being outdoors is nice, but it isn't a prerequisite. As long as there's no snow on the ground, there's always a kid on the monkey bars or on the swings -- spring, summer, winter, and fall. As far as fishing goes...ice fishing is a popular past time in many parts of the world. Those are not distinctly summertime activities. Swimming in the ocean is. So is lounging in the sun in a bathing suit and becoming tan. With TS4's long, unbroken summer, those things could have been added at any time. They weren't.

Since they weren't added sooner, they could have and should have been added to a pack about Seasons, because those are iconic summertime activities. Just as shoveling, snowball fights, snowmen, and snow angels are activities that require a few inches of accumulated snow, unless you feel like carting it in from somewhere else. Otherwise, they don't work out that well, to say the least.

If EA added ocean swimming, lounging, tanning, and floats to Seasons, there would still be plenty left over if they still wanted to create a tropical vacation pack. There's boats, snorkeling, scuba diving, jet skis, windsurfing, water skiing, parasailing... So much stuff. So, that isn't really a good excuse for leaving those iconic activities out of a pack that's supposed to finally add some representative activities to the summer season.

Edited to add: If we're supposed to suspend our disbelief that we can make a snow angel, or a Sim-sized snow man, in less than one inch of snow, we can certainly believe that it's possible to swim in other areas besides Oasis springs. People swim in Europe and New England. They do it in the summer.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    Then you people wonder why EA 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when it comes to content.

#1. You do nothing but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it. Its not good enough, I dont have what I want, blah blah blah.

#2 You hate it, but buy it anyway. And they know you will! So they half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it then sit back, roll in your cash, and laugh at you.

They could have made an entirely other expansion pack that you would all 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and moan about while you continued to demand seasons. You got seasons. And you're still crying.
  • Options

The reason that people equate summer activities with water-related activities is exactly for the reason that you mentioned in your post: other times of the year, the water temperature is too cold. Therefore, people tend to hit the rivers and beaches during the summer because, unless you're a part of the Polar Bear Club, those activities aren't possible otherwise.

Except for the water slide, the examples that you provided can all be accomplished by other means or at other times. Yoga can be done any season. Being outdoors is nice, but it isn't a prerequisite. As long as there's no snow on the ground, there's always a kid on the monkey bars or on the swings -- spring, summer, winter, and fall. As far as fishing goes...ice fishing is a popular past time in many parts of the world. Those are not distinctly summertime activities. Swimming in the ocean is. So is lounging in the sun in a bathing suit and becoming tan. With TS4's long, unbroken summer, those things could have been added at any time. They weren't.

Since they weren't added sooner, they could have and should have been added to a pack about Seasons, because those are iconic summertime activities. Just as shoveling, snowball fights, snowmen, and snow angels are activities that require a few inches of accumulated snow, unless you feel like carting it in from somewhere else.

If EA added ocean swimming, lounging, tanning, and floats to Seasons, there would still be plenty left over if they still wanted to create a tropical vacation pack. There's boats, snorkeling, scuba diving, jet skis, windsurfing, water skiing, parasailing... So much stuff. So, that isn't really a good excuse for leaving those iconic activities out of a pack that's supposed to finally add some representative activities to the summer season.

Okay, but are shovelling, snowball fights, snowmen, snow angels worth giving up for more stuff for Summer?

Do you see these things being added outside of Seasons? I can see all those Summer activities being added outside Seasons.

Or would you rather ditch the Gardening careers, or ditch the Scout system?

As all the Guru’s have been saying since Day 1, they get a budget and some things mean more to a pack than others.

They obviously exhausted this budget by squeezing every last thing out of it, like the trick or treating, or retexturing plants etc. These were obviously decisions made with leftover budget as they don’t really change much about the game other than add details.

They probably wanted to add more Summer stuff, but Summer has had plenty of attention already and based on TS2/TS3, has plenty more to come.

The only other Fall content we’ve ever received is in Pets, as they add a few touches in those worlds reminiscent of fall. Winter is never touched again. Spring is basically Rain focuses, eg. Gardening.

I think if they had to make the choice of giving each Season equal attention, or giving more to every other Season, I think they made the right choice.

I don’t need more Summer stuff, and less stuff for other parts of the year. It makes 0 sense.
  • Options

Agreed.

Just sayin'.

Please don't say that about a summer and winter pack... That's literally what this entire discussion was about to begin with... we don't need anymore packs with content that should've been released in a prior expansion pack. If they're going to add more summer and winter stuff, then they either need to deliver it in the Seasons expansion pack or in a free update later on.

This is a silly way of thinking. We can have a Vacation Pack in the Alps, or a Vacation Pack in the Islands.

With your Logic, Island Paradise should have been part of Seasons because it’s based around Summer activities.

Bon Voyage with your logic, withheld content from Seasons too because of the Summer activities.

They can expand on Seasonal content in unique ways, that doesn’t mean it needs to be in the EP.

Seasons Expansions has always been around how Weather affects day-to-day life, it’s never been a Pack with climate based destinations and locations.

That, is something they could expand on with the Vacation system. I wouldn’t even mind if we got a world thats based in Alaska etc.

You would need Seasons for the weather, but the location is built around Snow and Ice.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Just sayin'.

I will say though, I hope we do get an Alps vacation destination. We haven’t since The Sims 1 and it was so cool (no pun intended). They can focus just on snow activities and do so much more than they’ve done with 2/3.

If The Sims 4 is going to last for years to come I want them to go all in with ideas. I don’t wanna see “oh we did Snow already, so that’s it”.

I pretty much want to see everything from TS1 - TS3 attempted (unless it wasn’t popular) in this game as I’m so sick of Sims games finishing before they’ve added everything that makes sense,

Like TS3 not having a proper vacation pack, or Business Pack, or even a Free Time like pack made me annoyed. But they focused two packs on Celebrities. Stuff like that annoys me.

Agreed.

If TS4 is going to last another few years, I would like to see EA add those things and more. Hopefully, starting with a overhaul of the Sims' personalities, including likes/dislikes and trait-dependent wants/fears.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    What I’m taking from this is that this time people don’t mind dlc for dlc? Summer looks lacking and so many people are justifying it by saying “oh we will get x and y in a future pack”

Remember the good old days when we didn’t have to compromise one feature for another?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Okay, but are shovelling, snowball fights, snowmen, snow angels worth giving up for more stuff for Summer?

Do you see these things being added outside of Seasons? I can see all those Summer activities being added outside Seasons.

Or would you rather ditch the Gardening careers, or ditch the Scout system?

As all the Guru’s have been saying since Day 1, they get a budget and some things mean more to a pack than others.

They obviously exhausted this budget by squeezing every last thing out of it, like the trick or treating, or retexturing plants etc. These were obviously decisions made with leftover budget as they don’t really change much about the game other than add details.

They probably wanted to add more Summer stuff, but Summer has had plenty of attention already and based on TS2/TS3, has plenty more to come.

The only other Fall content we’ve ever received is in Pets, as they add a few touches in those worlds reminiscent of fall. Winter is never touched again. Spring is basically Rain focuses, eg. Gardening.

I think if they had to make the choice of giving each Season equal attention, or giving more to every other Season, I think they made the right choice.

I don’t need more Summer stuff, and less stuff for other parts of the year. It makes 0 sense.

Sure I can see more winter activities being added outside of Seasons. My whole point is that EA has been doing that with summer activities all along, so why not?

If EA's budget is so restrictive, I would hope that they would add things with more...mileage...so to speak. I would love iconic activities that represent the summer season as much as Spooky Day Stuff represents fall and Halloween.

So, if it came to a choice between a gardening career and being able to finally swim in the oceans, play in the sand, take in the sun, or have a moonlight beach party, I would pick those activities every time. Yes.

I would gladly give up scouting because I already created a scout troup in my game, using the GT club function that has already been in the game for a few years. The badges are not really a huge consideration for me because it sounds like more collections and To Do lists which, frankly, aren't my thing. It's a nice addition, however, it could have gone elsewhere. Such as in a Parenthood/Generations/Kids Room type of pack.

Likewise, I enjoy aspects of gardening. However, a gardening overhaul and accompanying career weren't my personal priorities for a Seasons pack.

Of course, this is my opinion only. Everyone has different priorities, but you asked. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top