Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Increase Item limit in houses

I've been working hard on my dream house and it is almost done. The problem is that I can't add any new items. It keeps telling me that I've hit the item limit.
Every time I host a party, I need to move some things to storage just to be able to add the party items.

I've also had to put all of my heirlooms and other non-essential things into storage. There is just no room for them in a well decorated home.

Comments

• rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    Truth. Should not have object limitations in homes :'(
  • CorruptPixieCorruptPixie Posts: 3 New Member
    I reached the item limit and this is so frustrating. Seeing this was not the final straw, but wow. Bugs I can deal with, even when I lose HOURS of gameplay. I can deal with a customer service department that obviously is understaffed, underpowered, and undervalued by EA. I can deal with events that again and again leaving me and my friends feeling like they are nothing but cash grabs by EA. I enjoy the game still for the most part, but after having reached level 40 over a week ago and having only the ASOS Photography story to do, I am left to grind out heirlooms and simoloeons to unlock the land and rooms I no longer have any more items to put in. I hope they increase the limit soon.
  • CookosnestCookosnest Posts: 1 New Member
    Why is the Asos Soo 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hard or long too do...
  • CorruptPixieCorruptPixie Posts: 3 New Member
    The simple reason is poor planning and testing on EA's part. I would explain more, but I have to get back to getting ASOS tokens. By the way, ASOS, way to go getting a bunch of people to negatively associate you with your brand. Not only do the clothes, for the most part, look terrible, and the terrible mechanics of the event link ASOS to feelings of stress, anxiety and disgust.
  • MilaZomareMilaZomare Posts: 16 New Member
    > @CorruptPixie said:
    > The simple reason is poor planning and testing on EA's part. I would explain more, but I have to get back to getting ASOS tokens. By the way, ASOS, way to go getting a bunch of people to negatively associate you with your brand. Not only do the clothes, for the most part, look terrible, and the terrible mechanics of the event link ASOS to feelings of stress, anxiety and disgust.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. I'm very much out of the loop on a lot of things, so this was my first time ever hearing about the ASOS brand. Seeing the ugly event outfits has kept me from even visiting their site to use the 20% off code. Only thing I like is the beret. And I'm still salty that it only comes in red.
  • BlackPhoebeBirdBlackPhoebeBird Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm getting the item limit message too. It's especially frustrating when I add more rooms and want to add more things. Today I started getting a "Wall Pattern Limit" message preventing me from purchasing any new wall patterns when right now my entire house only has ONE. Decorating the house is my favorite part of this game...
    Another problem with this item limit thing is that the message started popping up when I simply want to change the color of an item. That makes no sense! Hope this stuff is fixed/changed soon.
  • toinfiniTEEJtoinfiniTEEJ Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there something we could do to increase item limit? :(
  • IvanaHaffunIvanaHaffun Posts: 11 New Member
    This item limit is also annoying when they push us to buy stuff everyday on the to-do list.
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    Out of curiosity, what is the item limit (in an approximate number)? This is admittedly the first I'm reading about it and having had big plans for my sims' home, I'm now left concerned I may not be able to do as I was hoping to with it. :/
  • Mataius77Mataius77 Posts: 3 New Member
    I’ve emailed EA for the exact same reason and they tell me to check the forums. Which only serves to highlight that the issue is on going and persistent. I’m unable to continue decorating my home and it’s so frustrating. Then it’s even more frustrating when you contact EA and they brush your issue off as though there’s some solution, as long as you look for it.
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    I realy don 't understand this item limit. It's getting all the fun out of the game for me to the point where I seriously want to stop playing. Everytime I want to place 1 item now, I seem to need to remove At least 5. If I can finaly place a new item Again, you would think that I am at the limit and need to remove item before I can place another ones. But no, I need to remove At least 5 again. As if the item limit keeps decreasing. Oh makes no sense! Am I the only one ??
  • Mataius77Mataius77 Posts: 3 New Member
    Nope, the same thing is happening to me. All I can get out of EA. Is that I should look for a solution here in the forums. I’ve been repeatedly emailing them all week to no avail. I just keep getting repeated AI or auto reply responses. It’s soooo frustrating. I’ve worked so hard to acquire the items I have. And now I not even able to purchase items anymore with out removing items from my home. This is so stupid to be honest. It’s a huge logic flaw to have players work towards achieving daily rewards then place a limit in the ability to complete rewards by placing a cap in the number items you can use in the home.
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks Mataius. Glad i'm not the only one. But this needs to be fixed asap.
    When I have for example 55 items and I want to place nr 56, I get and item limit notification. But instead on removing 1 item, I need to remove 5, before I can place the new item. So, suddenly the item limit seem to be 51, instead of 55.
    Then I want to place item 52 and I need to again remove 5 items before I can place te new item.
    So now the limit seems to be 47.
    Makes no sense! Am I going to have an empty house eventualy?? I'm so confused.
  • Chri123Chri123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Super frustrating.. the item limit must have recently been reduced too because now not only can I not buy anything new, I can't move any of the existing items in my house. Please Fix!!
  • amandab140amandab140 Posts: 1 New Member
    If there is an item limit to keep the app running smoothly, then we need to be able to sell items, especially when we are trading up.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Joysie wrote: »
    I realy don 't understand this item limit. It's getting all the fun out of the game for me to the point where I seriously want to stop playing. Everytime I want to place 1 item now, I seem to need to remove At least 5. If I can finaly place a new item Again, you would think that I am at the limit and need to remove item before I can place another ones. But no, I need to remove At least 5 again. As if the item limit keeps decreasing. Oh makes no sense! Am I the only one ??

Same here. Item limit is always decreasing, now I have to store every decoration in the inventory and I guess the dining table need to go when I get the new hobby thingy.
  • Guinevere530Guinevere530 Posts: 7 New Member
    So, I’m doing the new Internet Hobby and all the objects involved keep needing “Repair”. The video camera alone has been repaired at least 4 time in 8 hours at 300+ simoleons per repair. The microphones need repair twice an hour. That’s in addition to any other object that needs repairing. Very frustrating. I’m willing to grind to get the money needed to play. I watch every add and still I can’t make headway as far as simoleons. I get EA needs to make money but I’m very frustrated right now. Any one else having to repair items at such a rapid rate, especially as associated with this new Internet hobby?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    So, I’m doing the new Internet Hobby and all the objects involved keep needing “Repair”. The video camera alone has been repaired at least 4 time in 8 hours at 300+ simoleons per repair. The microphones need repair twice an hour. That’s in addition to any other object that needs repairing. Very frustrating. I’m willing to grind to get the money needed to play. I watch every add and still I can’t make headway as far as simoleons. I get EA needs to make money but I’m very frustrated right now. Any one else having to repair items at such a rapid rate, especially as associated with this new Internet hobby?

Everything in this game breaks when you touch it. The more expensive the item is, the more it costs to fix. I suggest logging into your origin account and posting on that forum in the sims mobile bugs
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    I reached the item limit when trying to upgrade my bathroom. I deleted items and it still said I reached the item limit. I ended up having to delete like 10 decorations just to add 2. :angry:
  • BlacLilacBlacLilac Posts: 2 New Member
    Reached level 35 and I feel like I beat the game. Every time I finish all of the quests, EA updates with the SAME ones; it's getting old and boring. Once I reached the limit of things I can put into my house I was ready to uninstall. It's so frustrating that I spent all this time just to get to a dead end!! I'm left trying to collect heirlooms that stay in storage, and trying to buy land/rooms that are overpriced. This game just turns into a money grab for EA.
  • BlacLilacBlacLilac Posts: 2 New Member
    Reached level 35 and I feel like I beat the game. Every time I finish all of the quests, EA updates with the SAME ones; it's getting old and boring. Once I reached the limit of things I can put into my house I was ready to uninstall. It's so frustrating that I spent all this time just to get to a dead end!! I'm left trying to collect heirlooms that stay in storage, and trying to buy land/rooms that are overpriced. This game just turns into a money grab for EA. I remove items to try to buy new ones, and it still says that I need to remove more. Why would they make one of the daily goals to buy something at least $75 but also make it so I'm not able place it in my house.
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    edited June 2018
    Mataius77 wrote: »
    Nope, the same thing is happening to me. All I can get out of EA. Is that I should look for a solution here in the forums. I’ve been repeatedly emailing them all week to no avail. I just keep getting repeated AI or auto reply responses. It’s soooo frustrating. I’ve worked so hard to acquire the items I have. And now I not even able to purchase items anymore with out removing items from my home. This is so stupid to be honest. It’s a huge logic flaw to have players work towards achieving daily rewards then place a limit in the ability to complete rewards by placing a cap in the number items you can use in the home.

EA set that item limit like that. How dare they tell u to go look for a solution in forums. U can't find a solution or change how the game is set up to be & only they can change it. They know better & they str8 playing
    I think they might have increased the item limit. I reached my max a couple weeks ago. Then yesterday I wen't on a shopping spree. I added a lot with no notification about reaching my max. Yay. :)
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    Gamer12 wrote: »
    I think they might have increased the item limit. I reached my max a couple weeks ago. Then yesterday I wen't on a shopping spree. I added a lot with no notification about reaching my max. Yay. :)

I don't see where they increased cause I'm still stuck & I don't have all that much
    Gamer12 wrote: »

I don't see where they increased cause I'm still stuck & I don't have all that much

Maybe it is just a mistake in my game but I was at max last week. Didnt delete anything, and I just added over 10 items. Darn I was hoping it was permanent. Then I'm sure I will get the message again soon.