March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 logic vs real life

Comments

• WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Your cell phone never runs out of battery and you have excellent reception everywhere.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    You can wear the same outfit to school everyday
    for years and no one at school bats an eyelash.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Your cell phone never runs out of battery and you have excellent reception everywhere.

Good ones! I remember as a child I didn't like how cartoons on tv wore the same outfit everyday.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    When you move in real life; you don't exhume your relatives lying in repose and take them with you. You don't forget that they're your relatives no matter where they're buried. :mrgreen:

In Sims...well...that's another story. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    When you move in real life; you don't exhume your relatives lying in repose and take them with you. You don't forget that they're your relatives no matter where they're buried. :mrgreen:

In Sims...well...that's another story. :D
    Uhh, that's why they are called "worlds" and not just "towns." Maybe what you describe really does happen in real life if you leave your relatives' remains behind in a world that can never again be accessed -- when was the last time you moved to a different world (and forgot to pack whatever the real life equivalent is of the Traveler mod)?

Come to think of it, now I'm not sure I even want an answer to this question...let's consider it rhetorical. :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Real life: -cooks dinner, sits down at kitchen table-
    Sims: -cooks dinner, walks all the way upstairs and sits at desk- or -walks into the living room on the otherside of the house and sits on chair- lol
    edited June 2018
    Sims: -cooks dinner, walks all the way upstairs and sits at desk- or -walks into the living room on the otherside of the house and sits on chair- lol
    Not always, some lots have strange routing issues, but often enough that one means that your desk chair or the ones on the other side of the house offer more comfort than your kitchen chairs do. Either that or there is a sim in some other part of the house they wish to be closer to while eating. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited June 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    Not always, some lots have strange routing issues, but often enough that one means that your desk chair or the ones on the other side of the house offer more comfort than your kitchen chairs do. Either that or there is a sim in some other part of the house they wish to be closer to while eating. ;)

This happens in every single house my sim has lived in, and she lives by herself lol.For constantly eating outside I assumed it was because she had the "Loves outdoor trait" I got rid of that trait and deleted the outdoor table.But now she'll walk by the counter island in the kitchen, the dining room table, trek up two flights of stairs and sit in the chair in a bedroom 2 floors up.

In Sims 4, however I do agree with wanting to be near other sims, because they're constantly playing musical chairs, one of the reason I give up on families in that game.
    edited June 2018
    @Springfairy556 - Yes, I was going to mention the Loves Outdoors trait as well. Some of my sims will prefer to sit outside in the rain or under three feet of snow to enjoy their steaming plate of goopy whatever. In some households I have to put the outdoor seating away in the winter because I still like sims having that trait to keep it.

But back on the single sim, if the chair comfort factors aren't what's driving her to do that, if you can you might try locking her in the kitchen (or locking her out of the other rooms with chairs) temporarily a couple of times until she realizes that there are viable seating choices right in front of her.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    @Springfairy556 - Yes, I was going to mention the Loves Outdoors trait as well. Some of my sims will prefer to sit outside in the rain or under three feet of snow to enjoy their steaming plate of goopy whatever. In some households I have to put the outdoor seating away in the winter because I still like sims having that trait to keep it.

But back on the single sim, if the chair comfort factors aren't what's driving her to do that, if you can you might try locking her in the kitchen (or locking her out of the other rooms with chairs) temporarily a couple of times until she realizes that there are viable seating choices right in front of her.

It may be the comfort factor tbh, but not sure.I will have to look.Because last night, she actually took her salad, got in her car and drove to the park 3 blocks down to sit on a picnic table lol. Unless there's some good looking sim that she wants to stalk while she eats. XD Good idea putting the table away, I'll do that with my other save.For now, I just have her pick up a plate, cancel it and drag the plate to the table.A hassle, but not game breaking.Unlike 4, I just can't, they're constantly getting up and switching seats because apparently its rude to talk across the table.lol
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Pregnant sims never die
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member

Uh...looks at myself in the mirror. Oh-oh...am I a sim? (sitting on couch eating the bolognese @Featherbelle made - My wife is a great cook.)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member

:D so true
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    You have to be skilled in social media to chnage your phone case because logic...
    FabBunny wrote: »
    You have to be skilled in social media to chnage your phone case because logic...
    I think the assumption is that a sim with no Social Networking skills wouldn't really care what their phone case looks like. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    That is strange cell phone case logic. Funny you guys bring up phone cases. I tried to buy one today, but all I found at the store was a bunch of overpriced garbage. They did have a plentiful amount of iphone cases. No social media skill required.
  • JadeGreenJadeGreen Posts: 20 Member
    As long as you only eat when you're hungry, you can stay supermodel-thin and and tightly toned on a diet of waffles and mac&cheese.
    O9XPLQ6
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member

Hate to break it to you, but this seems pretty normal to me. Heck, while visiting my dad for a couple weeks over Christmas at one point we couldn't really decide on what to eat for supper, and were enjoying a movie too much to want to stop. So we ate pizza rolls in the living room. Which is on the other side of the building from the kitchen.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @JadeGreen I've always enjoyed sending my level 10 athletes to compete in the Amateur Olympics after a plateful of Baked Angel Food Cake. (In TS3 world at least, the Breakfast of Champions®. Lucky them.)

If only that worked in real life, I might have been better at sports myself.
  • Nelora10Nelora10 Posts: 80 Member
    If you do a romantic interaction with someone other than your spouse in a room on the first floor with your spouse on the third floor, their senses immediately tingle and they walk all the way down to the first floor to be upset at you.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited December 2018
    How about this one: The son's new wife flirts with her father in law. He totally rejects her, but his wife gets ticked off at him. On the other hand, there seem to be plenty of real women, and men too, who would do the same thing.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member

Good ones! I remember as a child I didn't like how cartoons on tv wore the same outfit everyday.

I loved it! I'd like to do it in real life too. One casual or two, one formal, one swimsuit, one pj, you wash them in cycle and voilà!

I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    Considering how much laundry can pile up quickly, it's possible sims don't just have 3 or 4 outfits. They have entire wardrobes filled with copies of the same exact 4 outfits. That said...

Spent every penny owned on a large plot of land and a sleeping bag, can't even afford to buy an apple, has hundreds of copies of each outfit that are always available.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • SaphiregirlgamerSaphiregirlgamer Posts: 449 Member
    Got a broken computer, bang it with a hammer
    The pipe leading into the toilet has broken and the tank no longer fills... Pull out a plunger to fix the toilet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top