Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What aging setting do you prefer?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I play with aging off. Period. I don't want my Sims to die. The clock is ticking plenty in real life which is enough for me. I age up the kids with cakes and that's it.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited May 2018
    Short or normal, depending on how big the family is. The bigger the family, the shorter their lives. ^_^ Genetics is also my favorite part of the game, so waiting forever just to watch my legacy grow gets really annoying.

the bigger the family the shorter their lives :D

I can totally relate
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    LOng, which is really useful when playing rotationally.
    image.png
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    If I'm playing a legacy -- short.
    If I'm just playing for fun / doing a challenge -- normal
    If I'm playing out a story -- long / no aging

I also only turn aging on for the currently played household, I like the Sims 2 style of aging so happy we have this option.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    I also only turn aging on for the currently played household, I like the Sims 2 style of aging so happy we have this option.

I do this too. If sims are dying, I want to be playing that household.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Long. That way I still get story progression but don't have to panic. I can get a good family AND high level careers and still take a week off now and then.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited May 2018
    Aging is off for me! Its been that way since TS4 was released. I'm still playing the same household on the same save data with an ever-growing world.
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    I usually turn aging off.
    I turn it on if I decide to play a family and want to watch them grow up and create their own families.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I play a mixture. I have a random save on long, my legacy is on normal and my rotation I had it off, but I'm mean in the sense I like them to have lots of different pets,so I switched it to normal for people who have pets, but don't let my Sims age by giving them potions of youth. (Although I just realised you can't give them to toddlers?)
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I usually play on the Normal setting unless it's a challenge that allows the Long one. Then I prefer it for obvious reasons (having time to complete the challenge and all).
  • Options
    morganlydiamorganlydia Posts: 57 Member
    I used to play on short because I would get bored of my Sims quite easily and wanted to play the next generation. I have since switched to playing on normal because children and teens can't get a lot accomplished when I play on short. I like them to be able to build their relationships and skills during their younger years!
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Short. I try not to get too attached to my Sims lool
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I play with a custom lifespan that is a little longer than normal for young adult and adult. But I tend to turn off aging at certain moments. I use to play only with aging off and never let sims die, But now I like to see them go through the lifecycle.
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    I originally went with short. But sims lives went by too quickly. Plus they aged up so fast that I couldnt have them
    have children as I usually do. So, I tried medium, and it was still too fast. So, I play with long lives. If I want to change
    it a little, I will force a age up.
  • Options
    LaylamausiLaylamausi Posts: 6 New Member
    when i play with legacies i keep the life span short, so i will come to the next generation faster and maybe actually finish the challenge, otherwise always with medium life span
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    aging off until I feel I should turn it on then I turn it on for the whole town
  • Options
    ROSEBUDALYROSEBUDALY Posts: 17 New Member
    I used to play with aging off. It annoyed me when my favourites would grow old. But now I’m really into having a family tree :)
  • Options
    hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    Normal to medium. Alot of my time is spent on normal because I get bored hella easy with a particular sim in my legacy. However if I change my mind and want to spend more time with a sim then I have them stick around longer.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    Long. I find medium to be very little time to spend with the sims, especially when I'm trying to work a sim's character values.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1