Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ugly children

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The problem of ugly kids was pretty much solved the day I bought Sims 4 and got rid of the pudding-faces. All my kids are cute, whether genetic or adopted.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I've never had any that are really ugly. I like to fix them up but only as is. I like saying, ok what hair will work on THAT face the best?
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I might do a little tweaking if they have crazy eyes, weirdly shaped lips or they have a weird body shape but I don't like to change their looks completely.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    In my current household I had a couple who didn't look bad individually but their kids came out hideous and two had some serious facial distortions going on. Those two kids had tiny heads and no chins, and one of them had incredibly distorted lips. They had 3 kids total and all 3 of them had very saggy chests, no waists, and pot bellies. While one parent had a big chin and the other had a small one, neither parent had these particular issues with tiny heads and saggy chests and pot bellies. I fixed those issues as best I could without making them not look like "them" as for the most part I don't change anything, but the kids from this couple needed major help.

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I just leave them. I don't like messing with the genetics.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    If they turn into hideous teens, I usually do some minor touch ups. Like change the mouth or nose or eyes, but I don’t mess with like the face shape, hair or body type.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited June 2018
    I definitely fix mine in CAS. I don't remember ever getting a kid that I didn't touch in CAS. Sims 4 genetics are terrible :s If you grow the premade kids up, they get to look totally weird as well *Shiver*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Sims 4 genetics are terrible :s If you grow the premade kids up, they get to look totally weird as well *Shiver*

They look like they were reassembled by someone who wasn't familiar with human anatomy.
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Hmm when the offspring looks really ugly like , nearly chin,deformed jaw, weird lips and other facial deformations then its a must to edit them.

Like also when the children completely lack features of the parents.

• hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    It depends on how bad it is when they age up. I mostly do little tweaks and make sure they're balanced out. So they don't end up with a giant forehead or something? Like others have posted I find females who take after their fathers the most tend to be the ugliest. Most of the time however genetics haven't been so terrible.
  • GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    I genuinely cannot play with hideous sims so I change them. One of my favourite sims was absoloutely hideous as a child, so I fixed her, and she turned out looking incredible afterwards.
    So many sorcerers ~
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I do the next best thing for them when a sim turns out not as pretty/handsome as I hoped. I still do not cheat to make them look better, but rather I do routine things to make them decent.

For girls: Usually I either put on make-up or choose a hairstyle that will draw more attention to the hair than the face ;)
    For boys: When they grow up usually it's their chin that makes them look a bit off. Adding facial hair most of the time solves in making them look better.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I tend to style all of my sims with hair, make up, clothing and other things that enhance their features as much as possible. It's ok for some of my sims to be geeky or to have physical quirks. If they are really and truly ugly, I will probably give them plastic surgery. Usually, I only do that with flattening out stomachs, but I would do it for the face if they were really strange-looking.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    If aliens: fix disguises
    If human: YOU GOTTA ROLL WITH IT! :D
  • soapsimsoapsim Posts: 18 Member
    I never edit them as I find alot of the fun of breeding Sims is seeing how their genetics turn out.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    I used to think these 2 were ugly when they aged up, they were pretty children. I just gave them nice hair and make up and they look good now.

I think it is the chins (the brunette has it worse) the game seems to chip away at my Sims' chins generation by generation :# I am convinced their children will have no chin at all. BTW, her parents have normal chins so I am not sure why she doesn't have one. It's a weird thing that has been going on my game since City Living, townies also have the chin issue.

The blonde has weird lips that neither parents have, I'd say she is the prettiest of the two though.

This post makes me sound so vain, but the random chin thing annoys me so much :'(

Ymvp8oR.jpg
    HZJk550.jpg
    2UFyFUV.png

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I don't mind unattractive Sims in my game at all. I love the diversity. But I do sometimes get the "receding chin" issue that just looks deformed and the neck looks extra long and it's all awkward. So I'll do a small adjustment to the bone structure in that area but leave everything else alone. I try to keep any tweaks I do minimal because I don't want to mess up the genetics.
    #Team Occult
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited June 2018
    Deadtech5 wrote: »
    Has anyones Sim children ever grow up to be kinda… ugly? Do you ever fix that or just deal with it?

They do and sometimes I fix them to look more average and not super pretty. It's more or less, fashion choices Sims have I tend to change rather than looks. Other times I let them be or make them even uglier and think of the worst fashio choices possible for them. Why delete them or change them all just because they are ugly if all the Sims are perfect and pretty it diminishes the meaning of true beauty. I use custom traits like hideous and creepy (by I think by kawaiistacie) and purposely make them ugly too

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    This thread reminds me of a bad mix of premades that I stumbled upon in my game a while back. The poor girl was the daughter of Miko Ojo and one of the Landgraabs I believe.
    1nhHYEX.png?1CYlHiDu.png?1

Usually when sims come out with this bad of a genetic mix I go into cas and play with genetics until I get something that looks a little more reasonable and proportionate. Otherwise your townies will end up with freaky genetics later on :/
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I feel these "squashed" and tiny faces (like the one above) are very common as well as completely chinless ones.

But, as someone already mentioned, when daughters inherit their father's chin, they don't get a feminine version of it - no, they get their dad's masculine version. For instance, Caleb Vatore and Don Lothario are two guys with pronounced chins which look good on them, but not their female offspring.

Anyway, genetics in TS4 sure could use an overhaul, and I hope some time will be invested into it at some point. Since, well, having kids is one of the most fundamental features.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I never used to - but then I realized that these are my sims, I have to look at their faces all the time and find partners for them and everything - so I better at least appreciate the way they look.

Though I usually know what two sims are going to make pretty babies so I don't need to adjust them often anymore.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• ParkLisa97ParkLisa97 Posts: 31 Member
    I never had the chin issue, and most of the time my sims does not look that bad, but sometimes I mess with the sliders a little bit, pretend it's plastic surgery and blame it on the sim's insecurities :D
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I do same changes if the child grows up in to a “pumpkin “.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    This thread reminds me of a bad mix of premades that I stumbled upon in my game a while back. The poor girl was the daughter of Miko Ojo and one of the Landgraabs I believe.
    1nhHYEX.png?1CYlHiDu.png?1

Usually when sims come out with this bad of a genetic mix I go into cas and play with genetics until I get something that looks a little more reasonable and proportionate. Otherwise your townies will end up with freaky genetics later on :/

I shouldnt be laughing at this but mannnnn :D:D:D
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    A lot of my child female sims grow up without a chin, I don't know why, so I usually give them a chin.