Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien abductions out of control

2...Next

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Whoa really? I rarely even get abductions :V Less I'm wanting to mess with the telescope.

That and I rarely see aliens or even disguised aliens anymore like I use to. Only time I will if there's an alien night. Think I got vampire break ins a lot more often than alien abductions though I just lock my sims door and the vampires just stand there hissing in frustration.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Whoa really? I rarely even get abductions :V Less I'm wanting to mess with the telescope.

That and I rarely see aliens or even disguised aliens anymore like I use to. Only time I will if there's an alien night. Think I got vampire break ins a lot more often than alien abductions though I just lock my sims door and the vampires just stand there hissing in frustration.

Gratefully I don't have Vampires yet so I don't have to deal with them as well as abductions. My luck I'd get a constant barrage of both.
    All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    A lot of abductions like that were common when get to work was new, but then they made it so abductions are so rare they practically don't exist. So it's either the things you've had your sim doing or some kind of bug.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,427 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    A lot of abductions like that were common when get to work was new, but then they made it so abductions are so rare they practically don't exist. So it's either the things you've had your sim doing or some kind of bug.
    They fixed it when GTW came out? Maybe it is a bug...using the telescope shouldn’t trigger it every single time. I’ve gotten rid of mine because my sims would go there automatically.
    And... he just got abducted again, right after woohooing with his wife. I forgot to activate the satellite and he walked right through the locked door.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I have one save where 4 of my 5 children are aliens. Thankfully I had just read this thread because my sim with 2 toddlers, one an alien, woke up to investigate the lights. I caught him soon enough to stop him. I love toddlers but they are so needy, my sim parents need a rest. One of my sims was at the top of the science career and has used the contact aliens thing so no doubt that was the trigger. Funny thing is these sims live in Forgotten Hollow and have never been bothered by vampires.
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    I have one save where 4 of my 5 children are aliens. Thankfully I had just read this thread because my sim with 2 toddlers, one an alien, woke up to investigate the lights. I caught him soon enough to stop him. I love toddlers but they are so needy, my sim parents need a rest. One of my sims was at the top of the science career and has used the contact aliens thing so no doubt that was the trigger. Funny thing is these sims live in Forgotten Hollow and have never been bothered by vampires.

Lucky you were able to catch your sim. This last time my sim woohooed with his wife before bed but then I noticed that he didn't go to sleep after. So I went to investigate and found that he was halfway down the stairs on his way outside to be abducted. I quickly paused and locked the doors be he walked through like it was nothing. Thankfully he came back baby free.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I still don't get why the same game can act so differently on other people's computers! In my game my Sims literally NEVER get abducted, killed by "natural causes" etc. Unless I use mods to raise the chances! Now I truly did not have a Sim yet who was highly skilled in logic, but it seems to be a factor? hmmm I may give this a chance, I am using the MCCC mod and only my females can become pregnant, males not anymore.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I often forget about aliens and their abductions since it's not a common occurrence in my game.

I rarely ever get alien abductions in my game, unless its with the scientist family I have. They've had the most abductions than any other sim in my game and they are the only ones with Alien babies (unless its from aliens I have made, not as a result from abductions). I think the pattern is having high logic skill, high rocket scientist skill, telescopes, collections, focused mood, drawing mathematical diagrams, etc. The satellite never works properly for me. I turned it on once to see if an abduction will happen and aliens only showed up after the signal disappeared already.

There was only one rare occasion where I wasn't playing with the scientist family and I saw my neighbor get abducted across the sidewalk in front of my home (on their lot), but I'm not sure if that was a glitch or not. :| Actually, It has also happened to my doctor sim but I think its because she has a high logic and handiness skill and she had just drawn a focused painting. There was a huge gap from the previous abduction (scientist sim) to that one, possibly months (in our real time) since the last one.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I still don't get why the same game can act so differently on other people's computers! In my game my Sims literally NEVER get abducted, killed by "natural causes" etc. Unless I use mods to raise the chances! Now I truly did not have a Sim yet who was highly skilled in logic, but it seems to be a factor? hmmm I may give this a chance, I am using the MCCC mod and only my females can become pregnant, males not anymore.
    I don't get it either how the game can vary so wildly between other players. I have never had a sim accidentally die in my entire time playing The Sims 4 and only once in The Sims 3.
    fN2f7ds.png
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    I often forget about aliens and their abductions since it's not a common occurrence in my game.

I rarely ever get alien abductions in my game, unless its with the scientist family I have. They've had the most abductions than any other sim in my game and they are the only ones with Alien babies (unless its from aliens I have made, not as a result from abductions). I think the pattern is having high logic skill, high rocket scientist skill, telescopes, collections, focused mood, drawing mathematical diagrams, etc. The satellite never works properly for me. I turned it on once to see if an abduction will happen and aliens only showed up after the signal disappeared already.

There was only one rare occasion where I wasn't playing with the scientist family and I saw my neighbor get abducted across the sidewalk in front of my home (on their lot), but I'm not sure if that was a glitch or not. :| Actually, It has also happened to my doctor sim but I think its because she has a high logic and handiness skill and she had just drawn a focused painting. There was a huge gap from the previous abduction (scientist sim) to that one, possibly months (in our real time) since the last one.

Abductions only normally happen to me if I have a sim who in some way has been connected to space either by telescope, science career, met an alien, etc and then it only happens maybe once or twice. This time, however, it's out of control. I'm probably nearing the double digits or have already reached them.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    TayoChan wrote: »
    Abductions only normally happen to me if I have a sim who in some way has been connected to space either by telescope, science career, met an alien, etc and then it only happens maybe once or twice. This time, however, it's out of control. I'm probably nearing the double digits or have already reached them.

I wonder if it is Sim related though! Since you say this time it's out of control, mind you to tell us what the Sims traits are, aspirations etc.? Not saying there is logic behind this behavior, but something must give, why one Sim never experiences any abductions whatsoever, not even while active Scientist! But another Sim gets abducted like crazy. *scratching forehead*

ayyitsmell wrote: »

I don't know what it could be. I'd remove any alien/telescope collectibles if you have any in your home or sim's inventory & I'd try to repair/update the game if you haven't already. Most of my abductions tend to happen to that one family I mentioned or usually in the same neighborhood as the scientist family. The doctor was one of the first times it was outside of Willow Creek, so maybe it depends on proximity as well.. I'm not sure :/ That is really weird though. Hopefully the abductions end soon!
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Tanja1986 wrote: »

I wonder if it is Sim related though! Since you say this time it's out of control, mind you to tell us what the Sims traits are, aspirations etc.? Not saying there is logic behind this behavior, but something must give, why one Sim never experiences any abductions whatsoever, not even while active Scientist! But another Sim gets abducted like crazy. *scratching forehead*

I know the question was directed towards TayoChan, but maybe this helps? My scientist sim (has high skills in everything, top in her career) rarely gets abducted even though shes always outside gardening, looking at stars, or fixing her rocketship. It's usually her brother who gets abducted and he doesn't even try LOL . He's gotten abducted multiple times within short spans. I don't remember all his traits but I think loner was one of them. Ironically, he ended up with twin alien babies, he married a cloned alien sim, had another alien baby with her, and his sister's clone had twins, and his sister had triplets. He's very tense all the time but luckily since its a large household, he doesn't end up pregnant. But their house is filled with all kinds of collectibles, fish, regular and alien plants, bugs/frogs, anything they dug up, etc. He plays lots of video games and he likes to collect things.

& On the other hand, the doctor was ambitious and family oriented. She was feeling focused while painting a mathematical diagram (focused painting), she also tried for baby with the husband. As soon as they finished, she walked outside and got abducted. I don't think she has any kind of collections/paintings related to aliens. Could the correlation be woohooing during the late hours of the night? :#

Don't think it helps much actually! LOL :D

I'm thinking it could just be related to either the skills or the scientist career. I know, it was mentioned that there was no connection with aliens in regards to his family but maybe the last event that happened at the job? Infiltration? Maybe the fancy computers that come as a reward. If the home was a download, maybe there's a chance that reward items/collectibles were used in the build that haven't been deleted yet. There is also an alien channel on the TV, don't remember if it was just with the satellite or if sims with handiness skill could unlock it. :#
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Do you have a lot of space collectables? That may be attracting your household. Also, is the sim familiar/good friends with an alien? That can also increase their chances.
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Do you have a lot of space collectables? That may be attracting your household. Also, is the sim familiar/good friends with an alien? That can also increase their chances.
    As I'm doing a collection challenge I do have a lot of the space collectibles, however, when the abductions first started the only thing that I had done was be briefly part of the science career. Its only gotten worse as I've collected the space stuff as well as using the telescope. I got rid of my telescope but that doesn't seem to matter.

fN2f7ds.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,427 Member
    edited June 2018
    LOL, it happened again. Should mention this guy isn't exactly smart. He has no level in logic, is in the livestreamer career and does no collections and never stepped foot in the telescope. 6jdKYfv.jpgHis face is like "Oh my god"4DkMxLn.jpg
    I'm convinced the aliens are out to get all my males! This aliens, is WHY we CAN'T be friends!!! :'(
    LOL, it happened again. Should mention this guy isn't exactly smart. He has no level in logic, is in the livestreamer career and does no collections and never stepped foot in the telescope. 6jdKYfv.jpgHis face is like "Oh my god"4DkMxLn.jpg
    I'm convinced the aliens are out to get all my males! This aliens, is WHY we CAN'T be friends!!! :'(

:/:D:/ It seems aliens prefer to abduct men.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    I think alien abductions are out of control in my current game. My current household is a couple of collectors with the goal to complete all collections in the game. One sim was briefly part of the science career but left and now the couple has a rocket to explore space.

I know all of this heighten abduction chances, however, this sim has but abducted more times than any other sim I've had before and resulting in 4 pregnancies. Whats worse is that he and his wife just got home from the hospital after giving birth to the 4th alien baby only to be abducted almost immediately. He had just enough time to go upstairs and send the baby back to its homeworld only to go back downstairs to be abducted again.

I cheat bought a satellite after the abduction the resulted in the 4th pregnancy then used the "prevent abduction" option however that clearly doesn't last that long as I had to have my sims wife reactivate it once they go home from the hospital, unfortunately, the abduction was already in progress.

Is this common? What are the abduction rates? And how significantly are they increased by space travel and what not? I getting pretty annoyed with it all.

dTHMwuU.png

I'll share my solution with you and other simmers. When I spot a sim heading towards a door to "investigate the weird light", I immediately pause the game (one needs to be quick) and go into the build mode (via the current play mode). I then build a room outside of that doorway (with no door, of course). (One can do this with all the doors if one is not sure which one your sim is headed to.) Returning to the play mode, the sim will exit that door and not be able to continue outside as he/she is now in a little room. Voila, no abduction! I return that sim to whatever they were doing before the interruption and remove the provisional room some time later. Happy gaming!
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    Mine had it happen too, 2 sets of twins and two other pregnancies, but as soon as she quit the scientist career it has stopped so far
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    Gosh, I haven't had an abduction in ages — we're talking close to two RL years!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Gosh, I haven't had an abduction in ages — we're talking close to two RL years!

thats because this is a necro thread
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Okay I did just manage to get an adbuction today. Not my Sim but a Sim of the apartment I was visiting. (You can't start 10PM rackets if I'm over there!) So maybe they changed the numbers a bit?
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I think the Alien population has mostly females so they need to abduct human males to help repopulate their species. That so remains me of the movies Species. LOL :D