Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Summon Mummy" not working?

I have the canopic jars I need. I have the sarcophagus. I click on the sarcophagus and I get the "summon mummy" option. I click on it. My Sim goes over to the sarcophagus and when she gets in front of it her action disappears. If I click on the sarcophagus again the "summon mummy" option is not available. No mummy comes out. The canopic jars are still in my Sim's inventory. Does anybody have this problem?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've had a 100% success rate with that one. That is to say, in all the years I've been playing TS3 I've summoned a grand total of one mummy and she showed up right away. Just a few weeks ago, in fact. Guess that's not a very statistically relevant sample set though.

One thing we know that goofs this up is if the active sim doing the summoning has too many of the ancient canopic jars -- that is, more than one complete set or a complete set plus the beginnings of more sets. It's always been said that the "extra" jars need to be shifted to a different sim or stored elsewhere for this to work. I suppose other common issues would be that maybe there isn't enough room around the sarcophagus for the sequence to complete or that your sim's household is full?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    Well, I tried putting away my extra canopic jars and summoning the mummy again. I used a Cursed Sarcophagus but it shouldn't matter, right? Anyway, it worked! I got a mummy. Thanks. :)
  • ecgcecgc Posts: 1 New Member
    Had a similar problem - I summoned a mummy with 6 canopic jars in my inventory and nothing happened. The stack of jars is still in the inventory showing a 6 badge, but when you hover over it says '0/5 discovered'. It won't let me move any of them now.... so how do I get my mummy?!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    ecgc wrote: »
    Had a similar problem - I summoned a mummy with 6 canopic jars in my inventory and nothing happened. The stack of jars is still in the inventory showing a 6 badge, but when you hover over it says '0/5 discovered'. It won't let me move any of them now.... so how do I get my mummy?!
    As was mentioned prior, does this sim have any extra jars in their inventory from a different series of them, and outside of the stack? If so, they need to be shifted elsewhere as does the 6th one within the stack or else the game won't recognize the full stack as being full.

Not being able to move the jars out of inventory or out of the stack to that of a different actively being played sim or elsewhere is a different problem. If not averse to using mods, NRaas MasterController and DebugEnabler have commands that can often help with stuck inventories and object transfers. Without mods, not sure what else can be done if the items are truly stuck. Do you actually have a second or more actively being played sims you can just drag the jars across to and is your sim on a lot where you can actually place things, such as back on their home lot in their homeworld?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net