Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Can we have consecutive holidays? I asked about summer vacations on Twitter & didn't get an official answer, but someone else said we could create a holiday for it, but can we do it for the whole week?

My understanding is that a holiday is a single day but you can have a holiday every day if you want. So you could make a week of holidays that way.

Cool, I'll make the whole year a holiday & they'll never have to go to work! B)

Lol. Quitting the job would work as well. :p
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited June 2018
    Okay, can someone please help me with this tweet? Is he joking or are we limited to having 1,2 or 4 week seasons? English isn’t my first language and I don’t live in an English speaking country, so that might be the problem. Pls help.

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yep, that's pretty much what it says: Seasons can last one week, two, or four.

I was hoping for a number of days that can be divided by three, because every season consists of three months, and so I could have pretended every month lasted three or four or five days, but oh well. I guess I'll take the middle setting.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2018
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    Okay, can someone please help me with this tweet? Is he joking or are we limited to having 1,2 or 4 week seasons? English isn’t my first language and I don’t live in an English speaking country, so that might be the problem. Pls help.

He's joking, hence the winking smiley face. You can make them however long you want them to be.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yep, that's pretty much what it says: Seasons can last one week, two, or four.

I was hoping for a number of days that can be divided by three, because every season consists of three months, and so I could have pretended every month lasted three or four or five days, but oh well. I guess I'll take the middle setting.

EDIT: okay, so now he might be joking anyway. Not to derail the thread, but does Americans do sarcasm or not? I don’t get it.

Oh, okay, guess the ;) threw me off. Too bad though, I’d like seasons somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks for my rotational and slightly shorter than 1 week for the ones when I don’t play rotational. Guess I’ll have to go with 2 weeks too.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I thought the joke was that he corrected the suggested 3 weeks to 4 weeks. I remember them saying that we cannot set the length of the seasons ourselves, but we can choose among several given options, so I assumed those were the options. This could be outdated however, so if anyone has new information, please let us know.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

He's joking, hence the winking smiley face. You can make them however long you want them to be.

Maybe we can take from this that it's a number of weeks, not a number of days that we can set??
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    @luthienrising have you seen gurus tweet anything about what houses in the neighbourhood will do during holidays? I swear I remember seeing a guru tweet out that other houses will hang holiday lights and stuff, but I can't remember. I just want to know if other houses will recognize any holiday you create with decorations.
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Loving these little "leaks" the people at EA play are giving haha
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I hope we can customize scout uniforms.
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    @luthienrising have you seen gurus tweet anything about what houses in the neighbourhood will do during holidays? I swear I remember seeing a guru tweet out that other houses will hang holiday lights and stuff, but I can't remember. I just want to know if other houses will recognize any holiday you create with decorations.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KaiKai Posts: 132 Member

It was said that the calendar will take effect over an entire save and that most sims will indulge in the holidays BUT not ALL sims will care. So I’m sure the sims that do care will hang holiday lights.

img
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Judging by the thermometer there will be gradiations in temperature outside (it seems) which makes me happy.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    So can we set the number of days for each seasons or we limited to 1, 2 And 4 weeks ? You guys confused me lol
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I hope we can set season lengths by # of days and not just weeks. I don't like all of the seasons always ending on a Saturday and starting on a Sunday. Real seasons are not perfect like that. It's not game breaking if it's like that, but it will be a bummer.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

Yay thank you :smiley:
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Kai wrote: »
    Sneak peak at the UI curtsy of Xmiramira!

6RmcnnC.png

Is this an easel for kids? It's different
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    So we can't make them shorter than 7 days? I was hoping we could set it to like 4 or 5 days.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    I was hoping that we can at least make the seasons last three weeks, three months per season.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    Kai wrote: »
    Sneak peak at the UI curtsy of Xmiramira!

6RmcnnC.png

Is this an easel for kids? It's different

To me it looks like some kind of a board where you can pin drawings etc.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

SimGuruGeorge is a jokester. I am a jokester. When I read his tweet, I took it to mean seasons can be 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks long. Matias said seasons are 1 week on the calendar and can they be 2 or 3 weeks long? SimGuruGeorge replied that seasons can be 1, 2, or 4 weeks long and winked. By leaving out the 3 and winking, I believe he was joking with Matias. So, I believe 1, 2, 3, or 4 will be the choices for the length of a season.
    edited June 2018
    Adding this info from SimsVIP to the Upcoming Dates on p. 1:
    We have received information from several EA Game Changers confirming that early access for The Sims 4 Seasons will begin on June 19th at 10am Pacific, and the embargo for early access capture will end on June 20th at 8am Pacific. This also confirms that the upcoming Sims 4 Game Patch will likely release on June 19th (if not before), since the latest patch is usually required to download and access early release. EA Game Changers will also be attending a special capture session at the EA Play event, so we will likely see additional information and video content from them before the 20th. - The Sims 4 Seasons: Upcoming Patch and Early Access Embargo Dates

And a reminder that info from Game Changers is generally collected by @catloverplayer in a separate thread. So you can watch for that one :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top