Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I gotvvtyye badge to write 80 novels yeaees ago after reading about how to get it. I dont remember all the details now but i do remember making a household of 8 sims with approoriuate traits andcset them up in a house together. Tried to get them to write 10 books each. That didn't work as some wroite fast and others wasted time. But the badge did trigger after the household had written the 80 books
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    8 sims writing 10 books each sounds way too practical for me. :D But I might just have to try it some day if I can't get it on my own.

I have had more than one sim writing books throughout this legacy game. I assumed I would have triggered the badge long ago. So I decided to try to have just one sim write them all. Since that didn't work I came here to ask about it. All together I'm sure my household (and this entire save) has written well over 100 books, all novels. But these specific 80 have been all Children's novels.

Maybe I'll keep plugging away at this until my sim dies and see if it will ever finally trigger. Sort of like the jogging badge triggered well after it should have.

The good thing is that since Generations doesn't have any specific badges, I can still try for these when I start my new legacy. Gen 8 of my current legacy is a teen right now, so I'M ALMOST DONE. Finally. Ugh it's taking forever! ;)
    giphy.gif

• HALEYILMAZHALEYILMAZ Posts: 6 New Member
    Please help me. Who Keeps Sending These? Not working
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    HALEYILMAZ wrote: »
    Please help me. Who Keeps Sending These? Not working

"Who Keeps Sending These?", like "Nice Arm!" is completely bugged. If you really really really want them, you need to make a clean install the game on a new computer, and to only install the base game and the relevant EP, and you must update to 1.55.XXX without performing any subsequent update. I'd suggest you go back to page 11 of this thread.

My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Alright. I might know why I'm not getting badges. But I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it. So.... mystery time!

I went to my in-game profile page thing, where it shows the badges. And it used to show all of them. Now it only shows 8. Yes. Only 8 badges available. I do only have the base game (plus one SP) installed. But that's not the reason, since a few weeks ago it was showing me all the badges. It just suddenly changed around some time maybe last week-ish. I don't really know for sure since I don't always check.

But I'm guessing I'm not earning the badges because suddenly it's like they don't exist. I took a very terrible picture on my phone. Please forgive me. I don't know how to do a screenshot from my new computer.
    gD2Jop6.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix it? I tried clearing caches and cookies and logging out and logging in and nothing has worked. :'(
    giphy.gif

@KATENESS I've had issues with that page for years. I've given up on trying to work out what's going on with it.
    KATENESS wrote: »
    Alright. I might know why I'm not getting badges. But I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it. So.... mystery time!

I went to my in-game profile page thing, where it shows the badges. And it used to show all of them. Now it only shows 8. Yes. Only 8 badges available. I do only have the base game (plus one SP) installed. But that's not the reason, since a few weeks ago it was showing me all the badges. It just suddenly changed around some time maybe last week-ish. I don't really know for sure since I don't always check.

But I'm guessing I'm not earning the badges because suddenly it's like they don't exist. I took a very terrible picture on my phone. Please forgive me. I don't know how to do a screenshot from my new computer.
    gD2Jop6.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix it? I tried clearing caches and cookies and logging out and logging in and nothing has worked. :'(

These are server side issues, and are very very very common when they release updates for TS4. They usually last 24 to 72 hours. Use your page on thesims3.com to track them. The only problem is when an achievement you earned in the past suddenly gets "unearned", and it barely ever happens.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @KATENESS I can't help with the badging system (other than to suggest shutting down your computer and running a system cleaner or defrag program), but for the screenshot issue, most computers have a Print Screen (PrtScn) button to click, then just pasting the shot into Paint (or a comparable program).
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    @MoonandStars83 I tried both the print screen button and ctrl+print screen. It was added to my Dropbox but the picture was just a black screen. :'( Thanks for the help though. :)

@Lexers615 I've been seeing this for a while now. So I guess I just have to hope it's fixed by the time I get into my game again? Bummer.
    giphy.gif

@MoonandStars83 I tried both the print screen button and ctrl+print screen. It was added to my Dropbox but the picture was just a black screen. :'( Thanks for the help though. :)

@Lexers615 I've been seeing this for a while now. So I guess I just have to hope it's fixed by the time I get into my game again? Bummer.

What does it say on your thesims3.com My Page?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @KATENESS if you're trying to get screen shots and are using Windows 7 or above the Print Screen button won't work. You'll need a screen capture program. I use the one that comes with Windows. It is a tool named 'Snipping Tool'. To get screen shots of my Sims game with this tool I need to put it into Windowed mode.
    On the regular sims 3 website all my badges look normal and they're all listed as available. It's just the in-game wall/profile/website that's acting funky. :|
    giphy.gif

On the regular sims 3 website all my badges look normal and they're all listed as available. It's just the in-game wall/profile/website that's acting funky. :|

My badges on the in-game wall have been peculiar for years. I tend to ignore it. Sometimes I have a bit of a look but mostly I just worry about the list of badges on the Sims 3 site.
    @Karritz For the most part I ignore them too, which is why I don't know how long it's been buggy. But when I started to not get badges I checked it. And so I'm assuming that's why my badges aren't triggering, since it basically doesn't know they exist.

Do you think it's possible there's something wrong with my in-game internet connection? How would I fix that? Everything else seems to be working fine. Maybe I'll try sending someone a care package and see if it goes through. Idk.

I also probably won't be in my game for the next couple of days. So who knows. :/
    giphy.gif

@Karritz For the most part I ignore them too, which is why I don't know how long it's been buggy. But when I started to not get badges I checked it. And so I'm assuming that's why my badges aren't triggering, since it basically doesn't know they exist.

Do you think it's possible there's something wrong with my in-game internet connection? How would I fix that? Everything else seems to be working fine. Maybe I'll try sending someone a care package and see if it goes through. Idk.

I also probably won't be in my game for the next couple of days. So who knows. :/

Personally, online feature were alright for years up to the point I started working on the 100 friends Achievement. The more I had friends, the more laggy the online features were, up to a point when I needed to turn them offline to play, as if the server had no problems on keeping you posted for 5 to 10 people but had severe issues with more than 20 or so, even if most are inactive. I would assume it's due to poor refreshing rate calculation or so.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Maybe I'll go cut some people off my friends list. >:)
    giphy.gif

Maybe I'll go cut some people off my friends list. >:)

I just disable the online features after a few minutes, to then reactivate them next time I launche the game to deactivate them after a few minutes.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited June 2018
    @KATENESS You probably have your ChallengeData.package file corrupted. From the old The Achievement/Badge Thread (SimGuru please read!) pg 24 scroll up a few posts for RenateD's original:

"To anyone who has less possible achievement badges in the game than on My Page. I believe I have found the solution! It works for me at least...

In game I had a possible total badges of only 112, while on the site on My Page I could get over 250 badges. Why were they not showing in game?

In my experience it has to do with the file ChallengeData.package, which you find in the same folder as PassportData.package and for me that is: My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\7499814502843702620

Of course, this could be another number for other people, I don't know. For me, in the folder The Sims 3\Downloads there are 2 folders with a (large) number and they both have a file named ChallengeData.package. One folder for me starts with a 7 and one with a 4. The one with the 7 also contained PassportData.package and that was the correct folder for me. So I changed ChallengeData.package in the folder that also has PassportData.package in it.

How to change it then?
    I found out that the problem was that the file didn't get updated. This is was I did to fix it:
    1. Rename your "The Sims 3" folder, so that when you start the game a new folder will automatically be regenerated, meanwhile keeping your data in the renamed folder.
    2. Start the game
    3. Start up any new game, choose a family and play for a few seconds or so.
    4. Now you should get a message in the top right corner of your screen like "there are new Achievements (or Badges) available".
    5. Check your achievement badges in your profile in game. For me, now I finally had a total of 265 possible badges, instead of only 112.
    6. Don't think you have to save the game after this, because the file is updated and seems not related with a save, but I saved the game just to be sure.
    7. close the game
    8. Make an extra copy of your original The Sims 3 folder, just to be sure you don't loose anything.
    8. from the current (newest)The Sims 3 folder, copy the file The Sims3\Downloads\74998114.........\ChallengeData.package to your original The Sims 3 folder and replace the old ChallengeData.package file. (Make sure you're in the correct folder!)
    For me, the new ChallengeData.package file was over twice as big as the original one, which makes sense since I had a total of 112 before and now 265.
    9. This is it. You can change the name of your newest The Sims 3 folder to for example "The Sims 3 test" or you can delete it.
    10. Change back the name of your original The Sims 3 folder
    11. Play and enjoy.

Note: The file PassportData.package contains your SimPort progress, so leave that one alone."

Originally posted by RenateD. I ran into this problem and this fixed it; it also knocked my ChallengeData file up from 33 (corrupted) to 177kB (fixed).
    @Thrippa Wow! That seems like it might the issue. Thanks so much for posting that. I'll have to give it a try tomorrow and I'll report back here. <3
    giphy.gif

• ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I hope it works! The issue looked familiar, but while I knew which thread I needed to look in, it was a bit of a hunt for the actual solution. Never did figure out how the file got messed up in the first place.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @KATENESS, are you trying to do Print Screen in full-screen mode or in windowed mode? You have to go to "windowed mode" to capture screencaps with the user interface...and anything that appears on the screen other than your game screen.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Hmm. Well there was a semi-success. Now I have 87 badges available. But that's still not all of them. And none of my games were there. It was like I was starting all over, even with the tutorial. Is that normal for renaming The Sims 3 folder?

And thanks to everyone here, I figured out the screenshot thing. :D
    RtC6OwH.png
    giphy.gif

I often make a new Sims 3 folder and have mhh ev eff known it yo affect anything to do wiggh the web site.

Mayve clearing your browsing history might help. Id clear Internet Explorer as well as whatever browser you are using
    I'd love to help, but I'm in the last week of the semester. I got 3 exams and some long assignments due.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @Lexers615 No problem. Honestly this has sort of turned me off playing the sims for a bit. So whenever I get help from anyone I'll be happy. Good luck on your exams! :)
    giphy.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top