Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Plant Anything...

Sim tries to plant fruits and vegetables indoors ("moveobjects on" is on); fruit is selectable but no tile selected to plant on becomes available so that planting is able to be done. So now my sim has an inventory full of "perfect fruits and vegetables" that he can't plant.

Sim has mastered gardening, has achieved the eggplant, cheese-plant and burger/steak plants. Like I said, the fruits, vegetables, eggs and meats are selectable, but he's still unable to plant a single thing because no "planting-tile" selection comes up after "plant" command is selected.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Are you using the NRaas Tempest mod, and isn't the trick supposed to be to put the plantable item on the ground first and select the Plant action on it from there? Or am I misunderstanding the question?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I'm finding now that everything in the inventory is stuck...and won't come out of inventory.

I've tried moving the family out and then back in. Still stuck. Tried sort inventory, still stuck.

Option #3 is sell off everything at the store (as far as fish and fruits and other consumables. then go to consignment for the rest.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Everything was locked up in the inventory (both family and individual); tried the sending them away on vacation and hoping to they come back to a cured inventory. Nope...didn't work. Finally deleted all the current saves and went back to a save where the inventory was still OK. Have done two saves since then, hopefully those new saves are uncorrupted. Fingers crossed.

See kids, that's why you use Save As instead of just Save and you keep multiple saves with sequential numbering. Then when something like this happens you have a save to go back to.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    If you want to plant indoors ask @Karritz . She is a pro at gardening indoors :p
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I had an inventory problem too. Eventually fixed it by exiting the game and clearing caches then relaunched and inventories were fixed. Inventorues can be annoying some times.

When i plant indoors and my sims can't afford soil rugs I use MoveObjects on cheat and plant in the same way I normally plant by clicking on the seed in the inventory and then clicking on the floor to plant. I never place the seeds down on the floor first as i have lost seeds the few times i tried that. They just vanished.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would use my clone soile rugs if the can't afford the more expensive ones from my cloned Maxis Match CC.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    It worked when I cleared caches and went back to Save #7. So fingers crossed that it stays that way.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    I just make greenhouses (I have the big greenhouse lot from the store), and plant all my plants inside them in those little clay planters. That way I can garden all year round, no matter the season, and I don't have to use any cheats or fiddle about making plants grow indoors. You can't grow as many as you can cram into an outdoor bed it's true, but I don't mind too much.
    Unfortunately it was because my entire inventory locked up that I couldn't plant anything.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Sims 3 can REALLY make you homicidal when it does things like that to you. My sims have been going through a "won't go to work" phase recently, meaning I've had to move them in and out of their house repeatedly, to reset them. You really have to be dedicated and determined to keep playing Sims 3.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sims 3 can REALLY make you homicidal when it does things like that to you. My sims have been going through a "won't go to work" phase recently, meaning I've had to move them in and out of their house repeatedly, to reset them. You really have to be dedicated and determined to keep playing Sims 3.
    Sometimes that means there is something wrong with their career outfits. But if it's a different kind of misalignment and if you happen to be a mod user, NRaas DebugEnabler has a Fix Homeworld command that often fixes that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I have inventory issues somethings, that's why I avoid the architect and fashion careers, the portfolios get stuck, and with the architect, my car gets stuck in my inventory.Never did find a fix for it, but like you said, I do save as when I can.
    I have a couple of astronaut sims and they not only refuse to stop ageing up so I have to keep using an NRAAS mod to remove rewards and re purchase the "Age Freeze" potion, it is one of the astronauts who was refusing to go to work. Every time he came back from World Adventures he just couldn't go to work any longer. I was using my one and only world that I half made and abandoned and so it might have been the badly made world. It may have fixed itself now I have moved them all to Barnacle Bay. However, I found that just moving out the affected sim and moving him straight back in from the clipboard would fix the workshy little so and so. Didn't have to move house.