March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vlad the Progenitor

astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
I promised this over a whole month ago and I know you've been waiting. It's finally here! Introducing Vlad the Progenitor! >:)

1kxaI92.png

A while ago on another discussion board here, we were comparing Vlad's offspring and his dominant genes, so I decided to do a little experiment... Make Vlad father at least one child with all the best-looking females in town, to see if it was possible for Straud to have any beautiful babies. To speed up the process, he created a few flirty clubs, "Vlad's Beauties", "Vlad the Dad" and "Vlad's Baby Mamas". After 30 children, we are finally here. Was Vlad's quest to have beautiful offspring successful?

Today we have his oldest 9 children, who have all aged into teenagers. The younger 21 are still either children or toddlers and they will be added in time as they age up.

With each set of children, I'll post a picture of the mother and then her children, so we can see the resemblance. I'll say which children were born vampires and which ones were born human. Everything behind spoilers because otherwise it's way too long.

Here is Pandora Cruz and her twins.
l4Uypwo.png

Her human son. He seems to resemble Vlad strongly, except the eyes. They resemble his mother's.

65Dq3yW.png

Her vampire daughter. Her mouth is her mother's and the cheekbones a little but, but they're at a more extreme angle, otherwise she's also another Straud clone.

J8cI11O.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL :joy:

Comments

• astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    edited June 2018
    The next mother is Gilda Malone. Let's see the results.

Gilda Malone, mother of twins.

CJPIg5G.png

The vampire son of Gilda. His mother's eyebrows and a less refined version of her nose. Similar faceshape and downturn of mouth.

Je0jU6M.png

The vampire daughter of Gilda. Mother's mouth and eyes.

9rH1SpP.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL :joy:
    Post edited by astera00 on
    Rose Black, mother to a single, vampire daughter.

MYAQJyT.png
    Vampire daughter of Rose Black. Having her mother's mouth and face shape has certainly helped and she doesn't have the Straud nose. Unfortunately, the strange Straud eyes are still there.
    tI4BtwA.png

Mission beautiful: ALMOST :sweat_smile:
    edited June 2018
    Lana Vixen, the female Don Lothario of town :sweat_smile: mother to a single vampire daughter.

wRim5ki.png
    Vampire daughter of Lana Vixen. I think we have success here! She resembles her mother strongly, but her face is thinner, with steeper angles. The only obvious Straud feature is her hair and skin colour, as well as her vampirism. It worked! Finally a good-looking Straud offspring.

umRujvk.png

Mission beautiful: SUCCESS! :D
    edited June 2018
    Next up is Ai Sakurai, mother to a single, vampire son.

wixrw11.png
    Vampire son of Ai Sakurai. He clearly has the Asian version of Straud's eyes, which are much improved and the only other feauture to strongly resemble his father's is the cheekbones. The rest of him resembles his mother, but he clearly doesn't have her good looks. Well, he isn't as horrifying as Vlad and he looks pretty normal so let's just rate this as an almost, yes? :sweat_smile:

08alN7P.png

The finally lady of the night is Jessica Rabbit, yes that Jessica Rabbit mother to human twin girls. I can only assume that they're identical because they look too much alike. Does the game actually give naturally-born identical twins?

l4tFUCx.png
    Her first daughter. Mother's eyes, eyebrows and mouth, father's nose, cheekbones and face shapes. If it wasn't for the nose, she would look quite good.

p08ALXV.png

Her second daughter. Same as her sister, mother's eyes, eyebrows and mouth, father's nose, cheekbones and face shapes. Even Jessica's extreme features couldn't dilute out that nose :joy:

NwZNnxJ.png

So that's all for now. It took a while capturing all that, but there will be more to come. Do you agree with the verdicts? Who is your favourite offspring? :relaxed:
  • TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    This was not only an interesting read, but also a wonderful look at TS4's genetics! A very clever idea and, it seems, well executed!
    Lana Vixen's daughter probably turned out the most normal-looking, which I was not expecting, considering Lana's kinda scary eyebrows.
    giphy.gif
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    Lana Vixen, the female Don Lothario of town :sweat_smile: mother to a single vampire daughter.

wRim5ki.png
    Vampire daughter of Lana Vixen. I think we have success here! She resembles her mother strongly, but her face is thinner, with steeper angles. The only obvious Straud feature is her hair and skin colour, as well as her vampirism. It worked! Finally a good-looking Straud offspring.

umRujvk.png

Mission beautiful: SUCCESS! :D

I think she is the best looking of his kids. The rest have an interesting look. Congratulations it took me two generatios to make good looking sims from his family line.
    This was not only an interesting read, but also a wonderful look at TS4's genetics! A very clever idea and, it seems, well executed!
    Lana Vixen's daughter probably turned out the most normal-looking, which I was not expecting, considering Lana's kinda scary eyebrows.

Thank you :relaxed: Lana was created as a femme fatale, so that's why she has those scary arched brows. They always seem to have that look, don't they? Her daughter's brows actually seem to follow the same angle, but I think the different brow type softened the look somewhat. I have to say, she might even be better-looking than her mother, which is quite a feat considering who her father is! :joy:

@mctsimmer It took a lot of ladies to get that one pretty child. I agree, the others do look interesting and they have some character, but they're so obviously Straud :sweat_smile:
  • TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    I think I'll have Vlad have children will all the pre-made ladies in one of my games, then post the results...
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I love this thread @astera00!!! Such a creative experiment. I absolutely agree with your choices as Lana Vixen daughter with Vlad is the best looking. But I also like Ai Sakurai's son. He has a very unique look to him. I actually really like him. Any chance he is on the Gallery? I'd love to use him for one of the fathers in my 100 baby challenge save.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I’m amazed his genetics didn’t ruin every single one of them, but those results are promising. Thanks for sharing! This was awesome to see. Interested in seeing how the other turn out. I think Lana’s daughter and Ai’s Son turned out best. Vlad’s other features aren’t great, but that nose is the worst. Feel the worst for those female sims who inherited it.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    Lana's daughter is really pretty , I also I don't think Ai's son is that bad very sharp features sure but not too bad. I like how the genetics are the most recent time I played the pancakes they mixed pretty well some of the kids were darker and Eliza's red hair really stuck on. I've given Vlad makeovers and sometimes it seems whatever he looks like is just strong with his children.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I like some of the results, but it would be a horrifying gamble to breed those sims further.
  • TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    I now want to edit the gender options for Vlad and do the 100 baby challenge with him.
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
    @Sha2520032003 I'm glad you like it :blush: I've uploaded Ai's son to the gallery for you to use, along with his mother (so there's a lovely grandmother if you need one). I didn't know his name was Brock! Like in Pokemon :sweat_smile: I didn't name any of them. They were each born elsewhere as Vlad was romancing another lady, so all I received were texts telling me that yet another baby had been born.

If there are any sims you'd all like to see on the gallery, just say and I'll upload them. Only a few of these ladies are already on there (mostly because I like to write amusing bios before I upload and I haven't thought of anything yet for the ones who aren't on there).
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Thanks so much @astera00!!! Awesome, I'd love to have the grandmother, as I like my Sims to have extended family. If you'd like to see any offspring from Brock in my 100 baby challenge definitely let me know...I'll be more than happy to share. I just started with my 2nd matriarch in 100 baby....she has interesting genetics so I'm excited to see how her kids will turn out like lol.
    Tonight, another set of siblings to showcase. These three live in a mansion with their mothers and have the bonus of being cousins and step-cousins. First up, mother Cassandra D'Arcy.

LopPo0x.png
    Her vampire daughter. Poor, poor girl. I don't know what to say. She has nothing, nothing of her mother beyond colouring. Pure Straud, completely unmistakable. Can you imagine having a secret affair with Vlad while you're married and your child grows up to this? :sweat_smile: "No honey, I swear Vlad isn't the father!" :joy: She doesn't even have the charm of her half sisters who got the nose.

tFBYTzB.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL :sob: complete and utter failure!
    Next up is Seline Astor D'Arcy. She's actually Cassandra's sister-in-law in my regular game, but in this experiment she has no husband. She also has an identical twin sister who will be up next. It's interesting to see how their results differ.

1ry6TtG.png?1
    Her human son. He has his mother's nose mostly, colouring and cheekbones. He looks absolutely miserable, doesn't he? If he had a better mouth, maybe he'd be passable. Umm, nah. The Straud eyes are too creepy.

QSlyfIw.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL
    edited June 2018
    Finally, Seline's twin sister Celestine Astor. She also had a son, but he's a vampire.

Eg8NIua.png
    Celestine's vampire son. Not the horror of his brother/cousin, even though he does have the Straud nose, but almost normal, if not good-looking. Almost.

oZGiHqp.png

Mission beautiful: ALMOST

So 12 down and 18 to go. Now I really wish I could follow them to school. Can you imagine what the poor teacher who steps into their classroom will be thinking? :joy::sweat_smile: I feel a little sorry for these ladies, putting them through this. At least they have good lives in their regular saves.
    Post edited by astera00 on
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    LOL Thank you for this thread!!! Because of these experiments I decided my female will not "breed" with Vlad... LOL I wonder how Caleb's offspring looks like, did anyone make an experiment like this? Or any other pre-made Sim that is worth hooking up with :smiley: But Vlad's features are just too overwhelming especially for female offspring :open_mouth:
  • VioletRedVioletRed Posts: 261 Member
    This was humorous, thanks for posting.
    Origin ID: Xieria
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    That is one strong nose! But some of the kids are not actually outlandish looking and kind of interesting :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I love this post. So cool to see Vlad's kids. Very interesting too. That nose, man. Of course those eyes and mouth with another nose is almost worse.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    Next up is Seline Astor D'Arcy. She's actually Cassandra's sister-in-law in my regular game, but in this experiment she has no husband. She also has an identical twin sister who will be up next. It's interesting to see how their results differ.

1ry6TtG.png?1
    Her human son. He has his mother's nose mostly, colouring and cheekbones. He looks absolutely miserable, doesn't he? If he had a better mouth, maybe he'd be passable. Umm, nah. The Straud eyes are too creepy.

QSlyfIw.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL

Honestly if you change the eyes, he wouldn't be so bad imo.