Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    loutredor wrote: »
    I couldn't help but notice there are icons for events on the calendar that evoke Easter and Hallowe'en.
    T6lObOQ.jpg5rsoEZX.jpg

But then nothing has been said about the activities specific to those holidays yet, like looking for eggs or go trick or treating. I wonder what we will be able to do to celebrate those events?
    At the very end there is a party that looks like it was thrown for Hallowe'en, and... the scarecrow is alive and walking! It could just be a costume but I think it might be one of the "special guests"!
    TlDKWp5.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's just a Halloween costume but I wish it was him for real because I LOVE THIS CHARACTER so much

Not just a costume. The scarecrow can really come to life.

Oh I didn't know they confirmed he is an NPC! If that's the case I'm so happy because he reminds me to Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas :D

to me he makes me think of the pumpkin-head creature from book 2 of the Wizard of Oz series

:o That book literally gave me nightmares as a kid!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    I saw a pizza on the living room table in a box wow that cool to have pizza hope to have pineapple pizza
  • Options
    @luthienrising is gonna have a lot of catching up to do! :p

:smiley:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I saw a pizza on the living room table in a box wow that cool to have pizza hope to have pineapple pizza

pineapple vs no pineapple pizza war incoming in 3....2...1...

but i do love to have pineapple pizza
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Don't we already have pizza?

*waves @luthienrising * you're not asleep! :D
  • Options

Is it her sleep time? How dare she have time away for sleeping :D

Ha! I was out voting and doing some work :smiley:
  • Options

Basegame pizza! You can order it on the phone :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    loutredor wrote: »
    I couldn't help but notice there are icons for events on the calendar that evoke Easter and Hallowe'en.
    T6lObOQ.jpg5rsoEZX.jpg

But then nothing has been said about the activities specific to those holidays yet, like looking for eggs or go trick or treating. I wonder what we will be able to do to celebrate those events?
    At the very end there is a party that looks like it was thrown for Hallowe'en, and... the scarecrow is alive and walking! It could just be a costume but I think it might be one of the "special guests"!
    TlDKWp5.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's just a Halloween costume but I wish it was him for real because I LOVE THIS CHARACTER so much

Not just a costume. The scarecrow can really come to life.

Oh I didn't know they confirmed he is an NPC! If that's the case I'm so happy because he reminds me to Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas :D

to me he makes me think of the pumpkin-head creature from book 2 of the Wizard of Oz series

:o That book literally gave me nightmares as a kid!

At least I'm not the only one who knew what I was talking about
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    So with new holiday traditions, can someone maybe ask if the option to "invite household" could come back? Would make planning holidays and such easier :) im really missing this feature too....
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited June 2018

Is it her sleep time? How dare she have time away for sleeping :D

Nah, she's in Canada so unless she's taking a nap it's afternoon.

Didn't know she was back. :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
  • Options
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    edited June 2018
    Spotted a new food item. (Sorry if someone already posted this) Seem's we're getting Ham!
    XK7cAwV.png

YVzbcky.png
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

That makes sense. I'm kinda disappointed though... so much work to decorate inside just for a 5 minutes play time party.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

That makes sense. I'm kinda disappointed though... so much work to decorate inside just for a 5 minutes play time party.

Not really, no one puts there Christmas tree up for just 1 day, you'd leave it for the season.
  • Options
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Not really, no one puts there Christmas tree up for just 1 day, you'd leave it for the season.

I don't think we know whether the decorations automatically come down afterward. They might stay up till we manually take them down.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

I usually get my tree after thanksgiving and it stays up until sometime after new years. Once I left it there for too long and before you know it was Valentine's Day XD
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member

True, but I even then... 7 Sims days is pretty fast. I guess I play on long so I will make seasons longer though... I can't imagine going through the pain of decorating my Sims house for 7 Sims days either, lol!
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    "Picture" of the actual in-game calendar (though I don't understand why they showed a simplified version in the trailer if it isn't in-game)

• Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2018
    "Picture" of the actual in-game calendar (though I don't understand why they showed a simplified version in the trailer if it isn't in-game)

I guess it's because of trailer's format. It's a short video, so I guess it's better to use simplified version to show the idea, so people don't have to pause it to even register what's it about.

(I know that people pause it and analyze frame by frame anyway, but still :tongue: )
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member

This is cruel :D
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

I usually get my tree after thanksgiving and it stays up until sometime after new years. Once I left it there for too long and before you know it was Valentine's Day XD

Due to everyone in my house being overworked and ill, ours is still up. :#
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

You might as well keep it up now, Christmas in july is coming up ;)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

You might as well keep it up now, Christmas in july is coming up ;)

It probably will stay up; my parents quite like seeing it still. My Dad said it's cheerful.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    From 0:33 during the Christmas celebration, the blonde woman seems to be wearing a winter coat and ski pants inside. Is this how winter outfits are going to work? Just one outfit for indoors and outdoors?
    giphy.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top