Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy things you do in game even if it doesn't make sense in real life

2...Next

Comments

• PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2018
    I love plants and cooking (in real life I don't have space for plants and am too lazy for cooking), so I also have lots of custom plants. When living in big houses (or small ones with a big garden) I make a club where the member's job is mainly gardening and cleaning. They are way better than the paid gardeners or maids, lol. Also repairing things with clubs. They have to come over almost every day for a short time. ;)
    For game plants and custom plants I usually build two parks and have garden clubs who WORK there (once the thing is installed I leave the club). This is to make sure that the plants get evolved and are high quality.
    Later my sims with smaller lots can go there and pick splices (is that the right word) of the perfect plants, graft them in at home. Saves lots of space AND time, because the busy gardeners made everything perfect.
    As most of you I LOVE the trash can and I am often annoyed when sims put their plates in the dishwasher, cause I like the money from the cool bin. God, how I would love that thing in real life! Not just for the money, but it would save my hubby all those "ey, trash is full, get it OUT!!!!" times. I HATE trash and bins!
    In game the trash flower is only cultivated ONCE for collecting goals, and then away with the smelling thing.
    My teenage daughter, however, loves to let her sims live of the garden and fishing items, which means she just let them munch all the fruit and veggies. And if one thinks you couldn't get fat by eating only fruit, herbs and such, she had a time when her sims were all really BIG from eating just her garden. No cooking. (I don't know if that's still possible, getting big from harvest alone, but it was at some time...)
    She also has cowplant farms and invites unbeloved people or randoms to get rid of them. And I'm not speaking of 2 "cows", but 30 or so. It was a sophisticated farm in the cellar. Grim was her dearest friend then. ... However, the game didn't like it after some time and crashed. But the kid also had far too many collectibles and - garden crop, yeah - in the inventory (99 of each fruit etc.).
    I'd like to have such a cowplant farm in real life for special neighbors, yep! Or other people from the past.
    In game I only needed them to get rid of butlers (they were ALL evil, thiefs or hated children). That was before the clubbing idea.
    So:
    - party meals of course (working first on the task to earn the "never spoil" food thing)
    - using clubs to tend to my garden and clean my house or upgrade items
    - my main genius sim has the trait to upgrade anything and uses to visit every home and public lot in order to do some upgrading (got yelled at in private homes until the "always welcome" bonus was bought)
    - doing club gatherings for restaurant cooks, but on public lots where they don't burn down my house or make it dirty
    - never ever using high chairs (first thing to fly out of the house)
    - having angelic and independent kids (as opposed to RL)
    - dragging vampires I don't like in the open sun (had a lot of them working in the Spa where all the massage items were on the balcony or outside), i.e. chat with them till the suns goes down and they sizzle away
    - when a vampire myself "eating" lots of butlers, gardeners, pizza people and such... :-)
    - fencing strange natives from the jungle in the museum there, so that visitors have some action (takes some time, unfortunately, and you can't leave the museum, lest they escape) - inviting unbeloved vampires for holidays and fence them in the sun as well

AND a very evil, but funny thing:
    - making count Vlad a glutton >:) , put him in a food club, and watch him puke; then scolding him for doing so (because my food is very very good!!!) and I once had an italian chef with his explosive mother who were NOT amused. B)
    - also fought him back into humanity once, made him a glutton and waited for him to get bigger. Well, the guy ate and ate, but his figure stayed as it was; only one time he stood in the loo and peed for almost an hour (he liked coffee, then) without interruption. Got some great screenshots :D
    - also works without changing traits: visit vampires with food, form a group and let them eat. Oh, they had fun!!! (I don't know if that was patched away sometime, but when the pack came out I did it lots of times; they just didn't like my gourmet foods and leftovers, but ate them nevertheless)
    - So that's another point: When you like cooking and have too much food for yourself, visit vampires and watch them eat.

And being lazy: each new sim knows where the best plants are (private or public gardens), so they just pick the perfect harvest or get splices and ready is the own pretty fine garden! ... They also know where lot of food is standing around and they visit and make a lot of lunch packs (can't pick the complete food), if their goal is not cooking and such.

Okaaay, that seems to be enough text for now. :*
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    My daughter wanted me to add that she made a club called "trash" where she invited people she didn't like and guided them into the cellar. Later on, the ghosts of the cowplant's dinner, sent her requests to join the club (again). :p
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    If I have a sink in the house, it's never in the bathroom, because it annoys me when they wash their hands before hitting the shower. (Even though, in real life, I'd wash my hands. Obviously. It just doesn't take me 15 minutes.) My Sims go through life never washing their hands or brushing their teeth. (I actually like the talking toilet - it's the only way you can have a sink in the game.)

It's annoying that it works the other way around though.
    If they're so dirty they want to shower themselves, and the sink is good enough, they stop wanting to take a shower.
    How difficult would it be to put in a check statement: "If next in que is shower, skip sink"? Not being snarky, I am wondering.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I'm real bad about just dragging the dishes to the sink or to the trash.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    If I have a sink in the house, it's never in the bathroom, because it annoys me when they wash their hands before hitting the shower. (Even though, in real life, I'd wash my hands. Obviously. It just doesn't take me 15 minutes.) My Sims go through life never washing their hands or brushing their teeth. (I actually like the talking toilet - it's the only way you can have a sink in the game.)

It's annoying that it works the other way around though.
    If they're so dirty they want to shower themselves, and the sink is good enough, they stop wanting to take a shower.
    How difficult would it be to put in a check statement: "If next in que is shower, skip sink"? Not being snarky, I am wondering.

IIRC, they patched this in Sims 3, but I think it was still kind of wonky. I'd actually rather the 'wash hands' action did not come up automatically after using the loo, so that I could decide whether or not they needed to do it.

I just want things to match. :'(
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    AKLSimmer wrote: »
    - When I let my sims cook, I always choose party size, and let them eat leftovers until they finish it. I don't care about if it is appropriate for breakfast either.
    >.>
    I do this in real life.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2018
    When I'm on a public lot and a sims hygiene is low I have them wash their hands constantly for a couple hours game time to get clean
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    My active families are a bit more extroverted than I am in real life (I'm an ambivert) so they go outside and explore more. I haven't cooked party meals but I have cooked family meals and had leftovers. Laundry in and of itself (loathe it in real life). Talk, talk, talk, flirt, flirt, kiss, date, elope :P
    Though I will say my "main" family of my actives I'll have do the full marriage ceremony.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990