Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• jacallonjacallon Posts: 38 Member
    Oooh thank you for upgrading the build cost. I have been making this house and ran out of money so felt the build wasn't complete. Now I can finish it :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    jacallon wrote: »
    Oooh thank you for upgrading the build cost. I have been making this house and ran out of money so felt the build wasn't complete. Now I can finish it :)

You're welcome @jacallon - I don't think you're the only one who had costing issues....
    GArBA5W.jpg
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    @BuildnShare I know that I am being a pain, however could I please get some clarification. I was unclear on some of the rooms that were requested for this build. This is what I found....

"Parlor is a dated word to mean a sitting room in a private house. Generally it means a room in a private house used to receive guests; it could also be a room in a convent.
    Drawing room is a room in a large private house where guests are received."

So based upon this definition... A parlor, a sitting room and a drawing room are the same thing.

@gmcrozier - @Cebu2cool's definitions are pretty spot on!! So thanks for that mate!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    I'm sorry, I'm still confused about the floors...
    This is what I have so far:
    xcbzxUB.png
    So... there are two "main floors", a usable attic (I planned to put the nurse quarters there) and a basement kitchen (not in the picture :) )
    Is this ok? Or should I put the nurse in the basement and cancel the attic?

I'm really sorry, I am still confused about american floor counting. I once send my neighbor to the guest bath in the second floor and had to rescue her from our attic... hmmm... still gives me headaches. Our new neighbor is british she counts like I do, at least I think she does, I am not so sure. She is really lovely but in this case of no help.

And I have to admid I partly furnished the main floor and reached 400000 Simleons. *cough* I now, the budget has already been extended but I wanted to ask politely if Ms Moore maybe has some more money in her bank account.
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    jhgkjhgkjh wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I'm still confused about the floors...
    This is what I have so far:
    xcbzxUB.png
    So... there are two "main floors", a usable attic (I planned to put the nurse quarters there) and a basement kitchen (not in the picture :) )
    Is this ok? Or should I put the nurse in the basement and cancel the attic?

I'm really sorry, I am still confused about american floor counting. I once send my neighbor to the guest bath in the second floor and had to rescue her from our attic... hmmm... still gives me headaches. Our new neighbor is british she counts like I do, at least I think she does, I am not so sure. She is really lovely but in this case of no help.

And I have to admid I partly furnished the main floor and reached 400000 Simleons. *cough* I now, the budget has already been extended but I wanted to ask politely if Ms Moore maybe has some more money in her bank account.

What you have is perfect @jhgkjhgkjh, as long as there is a basement underneath what you have shown us. As for budget, I'm afraid, Ms Moore really doesn't have any other funds available.... :tongue:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    I am going to pass on this one, but will check back on all the exciting builds. Good luck everyone!
  • VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    That's right folks, #BnS95 - We Need Some Space is now officially closed.

We have all been incredibly impressed with all the amazing creativity on show, one thing's for sure you are making life harder and harder for us poor judges!!

Are the results out for winners yet or? I couldn’t find anything for winners circle
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg

What you have is perfect @jhgkjhgkjh, as long as there is a basement underneath what you have shown us. As for budget, I'm afraid, Ms Moore really doesn't have any other funds available.... :tongue:

Ok, so the nurse is still in the attic and I cut the build in half. ;)
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    @VagueNightmare - we are still working on the results for #BnS95, we will announce them as soon as they are available.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    jhgkjhgkjh wrote: »

Ok, so the nurse is still in the attic and I cut the build in half. ;)

@jhgkjhgkjh - better to cut the build in half rather than the nurse! lol
    Hi guys, I hope I'm doing this right as it's my first time entering anything like this. Apparently I "haven't been around long enough to post links" Is there any way I can send the links if I can't post them here?

FORUM ID: jacallon
    ORIGIN ID: jacallon
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: I can't post links :(
    LOT COST: 3,500 simoleons
    LOT NAME: It's A Good House (Brindleton Bay)
    BUILD COST: 251,502 simoleons
    TOTAL COST: 255,002 simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: again I can't post links :(
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first entry into anything like this. I based the house on images that I found when I Googled the style of house and rooms that were from that era. I hope that it is close to the style of that era. I have used a little bit of cc although I tried to mainly use things from the game.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Queen Anne Arch Endless Side 1x1 by Mutske and Peacemaker's Hamptons Getaway - Toilet Paper By peacemaker_ic
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: facebook.com/jacqui.callonbruton
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Sorry I can't work out how to add pictures :(
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

@jhgkjhgkjh - better to cut the build in half rather than the nurse! lol

lol! But a hlaf nurse maybe cheaper on the long run... :)

Maya Angelou

Hi guys, I hope I'm doing this right as it's my first time entering anything like this. Apparently I "haven't been around long enough to post links" Is there any way I can send the links if I can't post them here?

LOT: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/723DB56468C311E88C2C53122EDD2A5B?fb_action_ids=10156474255876983&fb_action_types=simsfour:share%3Ffb_action_ids%3D10156474255876983&fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: jaxsimschallenges.wordpress.com/2018/06/06/build-n-share-challenge-96/
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first entry into anything like this. I based the house on images that I found when I Googled the style of house and rooms that were from that era. I hope that it is close to the style of that era. I have used a little bit of cc although I tried to mainly use things from the game.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Queen Anne Arch Endless Side 1x1 by Mutske and Peacemaker's Hamptons Getaway - Toilet Paper By peacemaker_ic
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: facebook.com/jacqui.callonbruton
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Sorry I can't work out how to add pictures :(
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited June 2018
    my time era was off.. so I pulled my entry.. but i'll stay for all the other entries... the ones so far are really AMAZING!!!
    Post edited by maryjane2joe on
    285JXDb.jpg
    edited June 2018

LOT: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/723DB56468C311E88C2C53122EDD2A5B?fb_action_ids=10156474255876983&fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=10156474255876983&fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://jaxsimschallenges.wordpress.com/2018/06/06/build-n-share-challenge-96/
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://facebook.com/jacqui.callonbruton
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: gWIQTvG.jpg

N9jK8IF.jpg

Hi there @jacallon - if you let us have your links in the same format as you posted your FB page (i.e. without the https://), the same goes for images, we can make them live for you. In regards to becoming a full member, here are a couple of threads that should help you on your way:

@rosemow's Introduce Yourself Thread

Member vs New Member Thread
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • avimilethavimileth Posts: 32 Member
    so much confusion with the rooms!! and i thought a drawing room was a room like for drawing and painting lol
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Not sure. This is the second time i've entered a challenge

LOT: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6A69084B69C111E885EC11D77608EF1A?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Dresden&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 25,000 simoleons
    LOT NAME: Sorry, I no longer have the original names, but it is the 50x50 lot towards the back of Willow Creek
    BUILD COST: 474,996 simoleons
    TOTAL COST: 499,996 simoleons

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/kCOE3Dw

ENTRY DETAILS: Mrs. Moore's Regency Era House. I am not 100% sure how to count the floors, so there is 1- Basement, 2 - Ground Floor and 3 - First Floor. Also, if I mixed up what a parlor, a sitting room and a drawing room is - I am sorry!
    I like to think of Mrs. Moore as a widow, so there are some paintings of her late husband (a captain maybe) and of her children in their teens around. In her youth Mrs. Moore was a ballett dancer, the stature in the entrance hall depicts her on her first performance as a prima. She has had the guest bedrooms done in neutral colours, through one of them is slightly pink and reserved for her daughter. The nurses room is more sleek, seeing as "Schwester Luise" quiet likes her modern comforts - there is however a hidden entry behind a bookcase to Mrs. Moore for nighttime emergencies. The garden is well stocked and reachable through a hidden exit from the house... the way from the kitchen to the dinning room is also hidden. In Mrs. Moore's word: "Help is not to be heared or seen."
    Hope you enjoy, I liked building this challenge!

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    42626267771_f07af6b2cc_h.jpg
    40818683090_dbc614296e_h.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Would have had this up yesterday, but I needed to redo some screenshots. I think they're all fine now, but let me know if you notice something I missed.

CHALLENGE #96 A Truth Universally Acknowledged
    FORUM ID: TresaofPern
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Echoes of Old Brindleton
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: It's A Good House (Heckings lot in Brindleton Bay)
    BUILD COST: 276292
    TOTAL COST: 278792
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/8IvLvLJ
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    NTRY DETAILS: This house and its gardens were an attempt to combine several ideas and images into one. I tried to stick to a Regency era layout and color sheme. The hallways are green because that was the color of the house that gave me ideas about how to do the stairs, entry and ground floor layout. Most of the lighting is from candles as it would have been then. The gardens were based on a combination of different actual English gardens.
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    wOf2PkK.png
    wHttwfw.png
    image.png
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    #weeping #thisoneissooooodifficult Can anyone see the smoke coming from my brain??
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    edited June 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #96 A Truth Universally Acknowledged
    FORUM ID: CaramelLibra29
    ORIGIN ID: CaramelLibra29
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: Here
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ms. Jane Moore is the President of the local chapter of the Jane Austen Society. She recently had a house built in the Regency style and enjoys entertaining at her new abode. Alice is her live in Nurse and enjoys all of the perks of living with Ms. Jane in her beautiful Mansion. Lydia is the housekeeper, who loves dressing up in 1800's maid fashion for her new boss and guests. Outside of work she's tons of fun. Chef Cabernet is the chef and wine connoisseur and is slowly making his way into Jane Moore's heart through her stomach. Glenn is the groundskeeper/gardener. He enjoys being outside and is often seen talking to the beautiful flowers, fruits and vegetables surrounding Ms. Jane's Estate.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: CC Pose Here
    TWITTER TAG: CaramelLibra29
    TUMBLR LINK: CaramelLibra29
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: aduyxQ4.jpg
    jXm9U9I.jpg
    Post edited by CJSimmie on
    > @BuildnShare said:
    >
    >
    > Hi there @jacallon - if you let us have your links in the same format as you posted your FB page (i.e. without the https), the same goes for images, we can make them live for you. In regards to becoming a full member, here are a couple of threads that should help you on your way:
    >
    > @rosemow's Introduce Yourself Thread
    >
    > Member vs New Member Thread

Thanks so much for that. I managed to work out via another thread that I could post the links if I removed the www or https part. So I've done that (reposted my original form). I'm not sure how to go about sharing the photos though? Do I need to send them as a link? If so where do I need to save them to get a link as I can't seem to do that from my blog post. Sorry, I hope you know what I mean.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    CHALLENGE #95 - We Need Some Space the entries for this challenge have been Jaw droppingly stunning, I think every entry without exception has been beautiful creative thoughtful and out of this world!
    give your selves a well deserved pat on the back!
    Good Luck judges :)

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

> @BuildnShare said:
    >
    >
    > Hi there @jacallon - if you let us have your links in the same format as you posted your FB page (i.e. without the https), the same goes for images, we can make them live for you. In regards to becoming a full member, here are a couple of threads that should help you on your way:
    >
    > @rosemow's Introduce Yourself Thread
    >
    > Member vs New Member Thread

Thanks so much for that. I managed to work out via another thread that I could post the links if I removed the www or https part. So I've done that (reposted my original form). I'm not sure how to go about sharing the photos though? Do I need to send them as a link? If so where do I need to save them to get a link as I can't seem to do that from my blog post. Sorry, I hope you know what I mean.

@jacallon - I'm not 100% sure how to do that from the blog post, but if you let me know which ones you want to be showcased, I will upload them to the BnS Imgur account and then we can share them that way, if that it is OK with you.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    LEVEL: Not sure. This is the second time i've entered a challenge

@Talea12345 - if it's OK with you, we'll pop you into the Established category :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    Yes that's great. Thank you so much for your help. Its all a learning curve for me. I'd like to use the 2nd picture of the house and the picture of ms jane sitting at the piano (with the fireplace in the background). Thanks again so much

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top