Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Options Menu isn't showing after latest update.

I updated my game today and the Game Options menu is blank every time I click on it. I went through all of my scripted mods one by one and found no solution. I have no idea what could be causing the game's options' text to completely disappear, leaving only the graphic options tab. Even when I click on it, it's blank. Is anyone else having this issue? I can't disable all of my mods because the options won't show. I updated all of my scripted mods since they tend to be the issue for my game after updates but nothing seems to be working. I am confused if it is the mods or this update causing the issues. Honestly, if it's the update then the devs really need to look through their logs.

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    It does sound like a Mod Issue. I would just physically pull your mods folder completely from your game and see if that fixes the issue. If it does check THIS thread to see if any of your mod sets are listed as not working update the ones that need to be updated and add the folder back in and test to see if it's working again with them in.
    ~ ~ ~
  • HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    UI Extension Cheats was my first guess but no, the issue continued even after removing it from the mod folder. I saw Shimrod's mod mentioned in the list. I do have one of his/her mods. Thank you, I will see if that is the issue and report back.
    Pull out your whole mod folder run a game repair and then restart to see if you still have the issue. If you don't slowly add your mods back in to see if you can weed out which one is causing the issue.
    ~ ~ ~
  • HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    Thank you for your help. I repaired the game and turns out it was the U.I mod all along. Apparently, I had removed the script but forgot about the package part of it. Odd how some people say this is still working for them. I hope it gets updated soon.
    Yeah I still have my UI Extensions mod in (because I'm lazy lol) and it hasn't done anything negative for me other then some on the actual Sim UI looking a bit wonky everything is working as normal and the mod is even still functioning like it should.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Adrian85Adrian85 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you for this, I would have struggled to find what the problem was.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited June 2018
    I would suggest deleting all the files you have for your current version of UI and re-install the Mod, then if you are still having issues with this mod you may want to post on the comment board at MTS:
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548&c=1&goto=newpost

I read through the comments and do not see where it has been reported broken since the last patch. I did see that the last update for the Mod has the same version number as the update before it and that was causing some confusion as people thought they had the most recent update and did not.
    Post edited by Bananas_45 on