Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Mobile: What devices run it???

124...Next

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    just tested it on my ZTE Max Blu straight talk phone and works fine so far, no issues.
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Where is Sims Mobile? :) Its on the Main menu of your Sims 4 game.
    Log into your Sims 4 game on your computer, go to where it shows all your packs. Go to free Packs and download Sims mobile just add your phone number. Clue?

Google play store
  • ElauElau Posts: 23 Member
    I have Samsung Galaxy S5 and it runs it perfectly :)
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Just an FYI The Sims Mobile app will not show up in a Play Store search if your device will not run it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    @PHOEBESMOM601 I actually got stuck downloading and had to clear my cashe on the google play store app. Reading my phone specs I thought it met requirements so I could not figure out why I could not install it
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2018
    Just an FYI The Sims Mobile app will not show up in a Play Store search if your device will not run it.
    I am not quite understanding you because you linked an Amazon Fire Tablet to people when that device is clearly not supported it doesn’t have Google Play. Telling people how to add it doesn’t mean the device is supported or else it would be in the list of supported devices. I don’t consider downloading Google Play on a device that has their own OS supported. So if they actually have a problem with the game EA won’t help them because it’s an unsupported version of the game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited May 2018
    @PHOEBESMOM601 I actually got stuck downloading and had to clear my cashe on the google play store app. Reading my phone specs I thought it met requirements so I could not figure out why I could not install it

@phoebebebe13 I'm sorry I can't advise you on phones. I have a just for a phone call or playing a little time waster game kind of phone. I specified newer kindles in my post. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

I am not quite understanding you because you linked an Amazon Fire Tablet to people when that device is clearly not supported it doesn’t have Google Play. Telling people how to add it doesn’t mean the device is supported or else it would be in the list of supported devices. I don’t consider downloading Google Play on a device that has their own OS supported. So if they actually have a problem with the game EA won’t help them because it’s an unsupported version of the game.

I'm not sure what you are saying. I recently purchased a new kindle to replace an older one. While shopping I saw information on Amazon that with the correct files it could support android. So the Amazon site itself was supplying that information.

As far as the game. If you had any sims game on a computer that wasn't sufficient to run the whole game EA support will still talk to you. So I don't understand what you mean by " EA won’t help them because it’s an unsupported version of the game." You are playing it on an android platform...it's just located on a kindle tablet.

As far as the comment about not showing up in the the Play Store..... When I looked for Sims Mobile using my older android tablet the listing for it was not showing up in a search. I searched with my husbands tablet and it didn't show up with his either. After I downloaded the android files (for a kindle) and I searched the play store it was readily available. I downloaded the game, tried it out and it's working fine.

ETA The Kindle I'm talking about has a fast enough processor and other sufficient hardware, has sufficient room and has an android platform added to it. Since I can play the game on it obviously the device supports it. I have several apps on it like Max Go or other games that are supposed to be for android only and are working perfectly.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited May 2018

@phoebebebe13 I'm sorry I can't advise you on phones. I have a just for a phone call or playing a little time waster game kind of phone. I specified newer kindles in my post. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

I'm not sure what you are saying. I recently purchased a new kindle to replace an older one. While shopping I saw information on Amazon that with the correct files it could support android. So the Amazon site itself was supplying that information.

As far as the game. If you had any sims game on a computer that wasn't sufficient to run the whole game EA support will still talk to you. So I don't understand what you mean by " EA won’t help them because it’s an unsupported version of the game." You are playing it on an android platform...it's just located on a kindle tablet.

As far as the comment about not showing up in the the Play Store..... When I looked for Sims Mobile using my older android tablet the listing for it was not showing up in a search. I searched with my husbands tablet and it didn't show up with his either. After I downloaded the android files (for a kindle) and I searched the play store it was readily available. I downloaded the game, tried it out and it's working fine.

ETA The Kindle I'm talking about has a fast enough processor and other sufficient hardware, has sufficient room and has an android platform added to it. Since I can play the game on it obviously the device supports it. I have several apps on it like Max Go or other games that are supposed to be for android only and are working perfectly.

Yes a Amazon Fire Tablet is an android device but it doesn't have the Google Play Store to run the game. Putting Google Play Store on that doesn't mean that its a device that is supporting the game. Of course the tech team will talk to you but if you tell them which device you are using they will tell you its not supported. I was using a device that had Google Play Store and using an app to play the game because my device wasn't compatible. does that mean that using the app is supported no and Amazon Fire Tablet isn't supported either so if you have problems with purchased stuff on there they won't help you because you aren't using a supported device. I am glad you found a way to play it but when this post says what devices will run the game I don't think they were saying ways to get the game to play on your device without getting an expensive device or half way expensive device that has Google Play Store already installed on the Android device or using the Apple App Store on a IOS device
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Yes a Amazon Fire Tablet is an android device but it doesn't have the Google Play Store to run the game. Putting Google Play Store on that doesn't mean that its a device that is supporting the game. Of course the tech team will talk to you but if you tell them which device you are using they will tell you its not supported. I was using a device that had Google Play Store and using an app to play the game because my device wasn't compatible. does that mean that using the app is supported no and Amazon Fire Tablet isn't supported either so if you have problems with purchased stuff on there they won't help you because you aren't using a supported device. I am glad you found a way to play it but when this post says what devices will run the game I don't think they were saying ways to get the game to play on your device without getting an expensive device or half way expensive device that has Google Play Store already installed on the Android device or using the Apple App Store on a IOS device

Pepper you really are making a lot more out of this that needs be. I just posted information for those who are interested in using it. If you aren't interested, just don't use it. I actually did it because I have apps from the Play Store that I wanted to use like VUDU and the Amazon app store doesn't have that app. As far as Sims Mobile I doubt it'll get a lot of play time from it. To me it seems a lot like TS4 bu more confining than TS4 is.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    A Samsung Galaxy S 8+ will run Sims Mobile just fine. :)
    edited June 2018
    This is an FYI for Kindle tablet owners. I just bought one of the 10 inch tablets and when I was reading the specs I saw that some kindles will accept a Google framework that lets you access the play store. I bought this one with a Quad-core 1.8 GHz processor.

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Amazon-Fire-HD-10-Inch-Tablet-32GB-Blue/dp/B01M6YJEAH/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1525450239&sr=8-3&keywords=10+inch+kindle+tablet

I then followed the instructions here https://the-digital-reader.com/2017/09/24/can-install-google-play-2017-fire-tablets-less-5-minutes/
    and I found I was able to download Sims mobile.

The one I bought was $189 because I went for the 64GB. So you don't have to have a pricey android tablet to get Sims Mobile. I haven't played it yet because I'm still loading the tablet and getting all my apps in play. I'll let you know if there are any problems.

@SageRainWillow I found phoebesmom post on how to play on fire tablet. hope this helps
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    This is an FYI for Kindle tablet owners. I just bought one of the 10 inch tablets and when I was reading the specs I saw that some kindles will accept a Google framework that lets you access the play store. I bought this one with a Quad-core 1.8 GHz processor.

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Amazon-Fire-HD-10-Inch-Tablet-32GB-Blue/dp/B01M6YJEAH/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1525450239&sr=8-3&keywords=10+inch+kindle+tablet

I then followed the instructions here https://the-digital-reader.com/2017/09/24/can-install-google-play-2017-fire-tablets-less-5-minutes/

The one I bought was $189 because I went for the 64GB. So you don't have to have a pricey android tablet to get Sims Mobile. I haven't played it yet because I'm still loading the tablet and getting all my apps in play. I'll let you know if there are any problems.

@SageRainWillow I found phoebesmom post on how to play on fire tablet. hope this helps

Thank you! I will try this out.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Your welcome and phoebesmom posted back to you in your thread so if you have any issues, just page her

Your welcome and phoebesmom posted back to you in your thread so if you have any issues, just page her
    Isn't that just basically jailbreaking your amazon tablet to make the game work?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Isn't that just basically jailbreaking your amazon tablet to make the game work?

As far as I know they make apps so you can use google on a fire tablet. My son use to have the fire phone and he downloaded an app to use google play on it. He does not have that phone anymore . He now has the new google phone
    edited June 2018

Not sure what you mean by jail breaking for a tablet but the Google files are mentioned on Amazon's site.

I forgot this twice now *waves hi to @phoebebebe13 *
    @PHOEBESMOM601 waves hi back :)
  • Sim_LvlSim_Lvl Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't run The Sims Mobile...I went in The Play Store it didn't show The Sims...Then went to the internet I saw it said "Install", I pressed on it and it My version isn't Compatible with this Version....and it said Versions dat are Compatible are Vers.4.0 above...AND MY ANDROID IS AN ANDROID OREO.... VERSION 8.1.0😑😑😑😑😑😑😑
  • Lanal9verLanal9ver Posts: 2 New Member
    I want to know which phones can use sims mobile
  • Lanal9verLanal9ver Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a galaxy j3 prime and it took a few months for me to learn about the upgrade. When my friend told me I looked it up in the play store and I didn't see it. When looked for it on Google I saw it said my phone isn't compatible.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Installed it on a samsung galaxy j7 and it works fine so far. :)
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • DanPhilPhanDanPhilPhan Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a Samsung j3 Luna Pro and I had preregistered and when the game came out it said it wasn't compatible with my device. I have an SD card in my phone and I make sure my phones RAM is cleaned. I really want to play it but I'm stuck playing Sims Freeplay. Also when I check my Chromebook to see if I could get Sims mobile it said the same thing.