Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adventures in CAW

equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 3 World Builders
Hello! I've been wanting to create my own world for a long time now, so I figured now is as good a time as any! If you have any name suggestions let me know! I'll be posting screenshots of the progress as I go along.

Here are some screenshots of the progress today:

omfHWD5.jpg

9AZPHO9.jpg

gETJNCW.jpg

XPGoHhh.jpg

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited May 2018
    It looks really nice so far! Just please don't make it all one flat place. Make hills, mountains, waterfalls, anything to make it interesting. Also make it so the roads make sense.
    I know people like flat lots...but that is no reason to make the world itself flat as a board.
    My personal opinion is to not make it too large either.
    Good luck with your world - you have a beautiful start - please don't give up. Caw can be very, very frustrating.

ps. I wouldn't put any benches or picnic table in the world unless it's on a lot. Sims will drive/walk for hours to get to that bench to eat an ice cream or read a book.
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited May 2018
    @KatyFernlily Thank you for the advice! I actually decided to start over and make a small world instead because I felt the medium world had too much space that I didn't know how to fill. And you're right about not making it completely flat. I'll have to figure out what kind of terrain I want around the world.
    You should continue on with your world - it's so nice what you have started! You don't have to fill in the entire map - I've seen lots of medium and small worlds created on large maps (in case you want to add more at a later date), and they work out just fine.
    One other thing to mention, not sure if you know this (I just learned this myself) is if you want dive lots, the ocean needs to be a certain depth. To do this you click on the "water level" button (forget where it's located) then click the side of the land. It will raise the water level and at the same time reduce land mass.
    @KatyFernlily I'm still continuing my progress! Just on a smaller map since I feel like that will be manageable for me to create something interesting as a beginner. And thank you for telling me more about making dive lots! I'm not sure if I want to make any or not yet.

Here is today's progress on my new world. I'm much happier with the plans for this world. I think the terrain will be more interesting to look at.

By8BcLE.jpg

Qa6JyZF.jpg

NJXbEry.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    It looks just so Lovely! :mrgreen:
    Wow! You are a natural! It looks wonderful!
    Thank you so much @Rflong7 and @KatyFernlily! I just can't wait until everything is laid down and I can start building! :)
    edited June 2018
    Today's progress. I love adding all the trees! It's so much fun to watch the world come to life.
    I think I'm just going to work on a little bit everyday so I can keep coming up with interesting ideas. I don't want anything to turn dull or look boring because I worked on it too much.

dWhmp1v.jpg

Nvhoa4P.jpg
    Post edited by equuest on
    Nope...it's the right amount. Worlds look really empty without them!
    Thank you @KatyFernlily! I had to change the pictures because CAW crashed and I lost all my progress! :(
    Oh man....gotta save often!
  • Lightning_QueenLightning_Queen Posts: 3 New Member
    This looks awesome!! Good job :)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Lovely bit of landscaping :) I try and save every 30 mins so as not to lose too much work.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    I definitely agree @KatyFernlily!

And thank you so much @Lightning_Queen and @Bettyboop55 :)
    Here is today's progress! I'm not sure what to put behind the town hall lot. Any ideas?

zBandK1.jpg

GdEBejk.jpg
    edited June 2018
    Here's a picture of the shell I built for the town hall. I'm going to furnish the first floor and then there will be a basement with the town hall rabbit hole. I'm going for a small town feel with this town.

sGUvLct.jpg
  • CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    The world is looking really good. Love your attention to detail and all the little areas to explore.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    How about a small park behind the townhall ?
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    I was going to put the main park in front of the town hall but I could put a different type of park behind it. Maybe with some outdoor activities or something :) thank you @Bettyboop55

And thank you so much @CandySims14 :)
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Wow this is looking great! Your terrain painting and object detail are beautiful! Everything so far looks really lovely :)
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

@equuest Please have a 64x64 legacy lot and a Festival lot on this world, most small worlds don't and I can't play those. Looks wonderful so far. Nice work!
    Okay, @Moinesse I'll be sure to add those in! :) And thank you!