Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Notifications Not Working... Again!

ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
@EA_Mage I am not receiving notifications on the forums when people tag me. Could you please check it out?
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello.
    I am not sure if you are also having this issue but I am not receiving notifications when simmers post on my activities wall.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    The Things You Didn't Know thread has been giving notifications but it won't show up in my favorited threads tab even if it is the top notification.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. We will look into it and as soon as I have any updates I will let you know.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

-Mage
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    edited May 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    I am not sure if you are also having this issue but I am not receiving notifications when simmers post on my activities wall.

You're lucky you still have your activities wall. I gave up on mine when it kept disappearing :D
    ETA - I'm still getting my notifications, so all good on that front for me!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    February11 wrote: »
    Hello.

You're lucky you still have your activities wall. I gave up on mine when it kept disappearing :D

Hello
    The messages are meant to stay for 60 days, then are deleted. I am sorry that you are issues with messages on your wall :(
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    Hello.

Hello
    The messages are meant to stay for 60 days, then are deleted. I am sorry that you are issues with messages on your wall :(

Thanks for that information. That must have been a new addition as for a long time I could put pictures there and they'd stay. I don't have people chatting there anyway, so no problem. Thanks again rose :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Hello.

Hello

Thanks for that information. That must have been a new addition as for a long time I could put pictures there and they'd stay. I don't have people chatting there anyway, so no problem. Thanks again rose :)

You’re welcome :)
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Just want to report that I am only getting notifications from bookmarked threads. Nothing else.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    @ehaught58 Sorry to hear that :(

The issue is being looked into and as soon as I have any updates I will let you all know.

Thank you for your patience.
    -Mage
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    @ehaught58 Sorry to hear that :(

The issue is being looked into and as soon as I have any updates I will let you all know.

Thank you for your patience.
    -Mage

Thank you, Mage. :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    Hi @ehaught58 @rosemow

We have been looking into this and progress has been made :smile:

Could you please confirm you are still having issues with notifications?

Thanks,
    -Mage
    Hello :) I have been gettting notifications back again when simmers post on my wall so that is great! If it starts not occurring again , I will post again in this thread .
    I did get the notification for this thread. I will keep you posted. Thanks Mage
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    Hi Mage, I just changed my avatar and had a couple people post on my wall; I was not notified... :(
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    As already written in back and forth messages (incl. picture proof) to @EA_Mage, I'm very much effected by this notification spam lately. I'm getting tones of notes from unwanted threads. Participated threads are unchecked in my settings. Very annoying :|

244wqqbfmoj.png

And now I even receive e-mail notifications from those unwanted threads that I'm not following nor are they bookmarked. Never ever got any e-mail notification from bookmarked threads I wished to have, but from those I'll get.
    Hopfeully this will be fixed soon.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

Today I received 4 notifications for a thread I do not have bookmarked. When I click on anyone of those 4 notifications, I get a “Do not have permission” screen.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Vanilla SupportVanilla Support Posts: 1 EA Administrator
    edited August 2018
    Hey guys!

I'm with the Vanilla Forums support team, and I'm trying to get to the bottom of the issue we're seeing here where people aren't getting their notifications. I've been testing notifications on this forum the last few nights (I was the ominous 'System' user you might have seen in your notifications), and I haven't had much luck replicating the described issue here. Also, since you guys are also awesome active users, it's difficult going back through your activity logs to pinpoint the exact problem notification.

So, here is what I'd like a bit of help with: If you notice that you didn't get a notification when you were suppose to, either reply to this discussion or shoot me a message with either a link to the specific discussion or you can just tell me if you weren't notified of a post in your profile. Once I start getting some of that data, I'll hopefully be able to suss out a pattern, replicate the issue and then pass it on to our developers to fix for good.

My focus right now is strictly on missing notifications. For other problems you're having with the forum, you should continue to use the same support line you have in the past.

Thanks for your help!!
    Post edited by Vanilla Support on
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi :)
    I never get a notification from a Quote unless an @ is added to my user name. So, quoting doesn't give a notification... without editing.
    Hey guys!

I'm with the Vanilla Forums support team, and I'm trying to get to the bottom of the issue we're seeing here where people aren't getting their notifications. I've been testing notifications on this forum the last few nights (I was the ominous 'System' user you might have seen in your notifications), and I haven't had much luck replicating the described issue here. Also, since you guys are also awesome active users, it's difficult going back through your activity logs to pinpoint the exact problem notification.

So, here is what I'd like a bit of help with: If you notice that you didn't get a notification when you were suppose to, either reply to this discussion or shoot me a message with either a link to the specific discussion or you can just tell me if you weren't notified of a post in your profile. Once I start getting some of that data, I'll hopefully be able to suss out a pattern, replicate the issue and then pass it on to our developers to fix for good.

My focus right now is strictly on missing notifications. For other problems you're having with the forum, you should continue to use the same support line you have in the past.

Thanks for your help!

I do get notifications on Ancient topics of which I've participated. Those seem to all have an automatic notification attached. :lol:
    Hi all,

Bumping this one a little :)

Firstly to clarify - there is no notification for when you are quoted unless the person quoting you @ tags you. This as per design.

However, if you should be getting a notification for a bookmarked discussion, @ mention, wall post or participated discussion (depending what notification you have enabled), but are not receiving those notifications, please let us know in this thread.

@ehaught58 and @rosemow any issues with missing or not received notifications recently?

Thank you,
    Mage
    Hello
    I am continuing to have some issues with notifications for posts on my activities wall. Sometimes I receive notifications, and other times I don’t.
    I did receive a notification from a thread I posted a while back yesterday, but so far, that is all I have received before I received a notification from this thread. If I notice any missing notifications after this, I will let you know. To be honest, I have become discouraged with TS4 and have not been posting very much lately.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    I am still finding replies to my post that I am not getting notifications for.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    @ehaught58 Do you have any links to the posts you did not get notifications for? Having a thread and post would give us hopefully some more info to do some digging :)

Thanks!