Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Crashed (froze) Every Day at 9:06 A.M.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 2
I had a problem in my game on one lot where one of the stray pets (Jezebel) came into the portal then it would freeze and I would have to use End Task to end it since it wasn't responding. I would get a noticed the game had stopped working. This happened with almost every stray that came onto the property of the morning. The only way I could solve this issue was to move out the family, replace the house with an exact copy and move them back in. Lucky I keep fresh builds of all my builds but it got to be annoying. lol

The next time this happened it was another little dog (the one in the family bin) every day at 9:06. I had to move the family out again, since removing all my mods did not fix the problem. I thought there might be a conflict. It seems they were trying to 'roll in grass' action but it couldn't be completed so I removed all trees, flowers and any custom trees and grass and everything in the lot, and then built a fence in front of house with a locked gate to keep them from coming through that portal. That seems to have worked for now, hopefully I can put back all my custom trees and grass/flowers etc. :/

I'm not sure what caused the freeze at same time every day other than a routing issue? (flat land in front) but possible it was some cc grass and flowers which were not cloned from Maxis flowers or shrubs but used their bhavs. Glad it wasn't mods.

If anyone else knows why TS2UC wants to crash everyday at same time let me know in case that was not actually the issue. I haven't played long enough after building a fence out front to be 100% this will solve it. It seems to be when they enter the portal (5x4 lot).

ETA: Disabling all cc and mods got me past the 9:06 crash, but seems these dogs cause a Sim passing the house to freeze and resetting that townie doesn't work it still freezes at 9:06 if cc is enabled, (he gets stuck in breathing in the air that came in M&G) so when one or the other stray is in the portal (unseen) it crashes. I hope I have solved this but I have a feeling I haven't. Something to do with Fun With Pets EP in TS2UC and I can't remember the bug this was about.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I have never seen this or heard about it happening. I don't think it has anything to do with UC, or it would be happening to everyone, it is most likely something you downloaded.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe I'm thinking about the freeze that used to happen for some people played Pets and an animal came onto the lot their game would stutter and freeze up. But this is like a set of situations I can't stop from happening. Like no matter what I do right before one of these dogs show up (to change what might happen) it still locks up at 9:06. In TS2 it's hard to stop a NPC or stray from coming on a lot no matter how many times you try to change what may happen next or quit without saving etc. They are still going to show up at a particular time unless it's a different day. Know what I mean? I could get my Sim up, not have breakfast this time, not take a shower and try to 'change stuff from happening' but that stray is still going to come on property at that time no matter how many ways I try to get around it. They are usually not seen yet and it freezes and crashes. I may have to move out everything on that lot (dang it) and see what thing is causing this crash/or routing issue or the stuck Sim on sidewalk.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    Do you have the Visitor Controller? (You can find it here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0 I don't remember if you have to register to download.) You can use it to ban strays or all Animals from coming onto your lot to weed out if its the Strays causing your crash.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Have you tried changing the time to something that would be after walkbys would be allowed?

I believe the cheat is setHour. Put in something like 3 or 23. Aging won't happen as the clock has to pass from 5:59 to 6:00 pm for aging to occur so as long as you avoid choosing 18 as the hour, you'll be fine.
    Thank you guys for the suggestions. I'm going to try both those things. It's the same two Sims, one is Jezebel a husky type dog and one is a townie who stops midway in front the property (very large lot) and breathes in air. When all this happpens it crashes. The error seems to be with Jezebel (boolprop kept throwing errors when trying to pause or reset either of them) and it was hard to get past that time because you know boolprop messages won't let you go any further and pop up over and over. I finally paused (after twenty times, lol) to try to get one of them to go out and run off the dog. This worked once, but it's hard to get around those boolprop messages if you have it on to figure out the problem.

Great ideas thank you! Right now I have the smarter lights mod disabled and it got past the time, but I have no idea what it could be conflicting with since I have been using it for a few months.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Also check to see if you have any other programs running in the back ground. That's what caused my crashes.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

BMSO wrote: »
    Also check to see if you have any other programs running in the back ground. That's what caused my crashes.

Cinebar's crash is way to specific for it to be due to a program running in the background. It would crash at seemingly random times if that was the case.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Cinebar's crash is way to specific for it to be due to a program running in the background. It would crash at seemingly random times if that was the case.

Maybe the game is corrupted some how for her? That could always cause those specific game crashes.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Maybe the game is corrupted some how for her? That could always cause those specific game crashes.

Considering the issue resolved when she removed a mod means it's a mod conflict most likely.
    edited May 2018

Considering the issue resolved when she removed a mod means it's a mod conflict most likely.

I'm not considering it solved. Moving them out and back into a fresh version of the house/lot was the only way to fix it. Add to the mix one was a vampire, with aging off for other members in household and it was at the time of day we see a slight change in lighting. Some may not notice that thru out the day in TS2 there are slight changes in the sky/lighting of the cloud coverage type of lighting. It is a problem with the dog Jezebel and I had used all the mods have right now for several months/nothing new and this lot never caused game to crash in a different hood. It's the dog, yes I would say cc may have caused a problem but it doesn't in a different hood, so it's the dog entering the portal, and not sure why that dog has a routing failure to crash the game.

I only solved it by moving them into a copy of it, and a different day etc.

ETA: A few things happen everyday in TS2 a little bit after nine, paperboy and walkbys, so somebody in my game was getting stuck inside the entrance portal.
    You said disabling a mod fixed the issue so which is it? Mod removal or moving to a new lot or did you do both so that you could keep the light mod enabled?

And I just meant that that specific problem was resolved with mod removal, not that the exact conflict had been resolved to where you knew what the most likely cause was to the most specific reason.
    You said disabling a mod fixed the issue so which is it? Mod removal or moving to a new lot or did you do both so that you could keep the light mod enabled?

And I just meant that that specific problem was resolved with mod removal, not that the exact conflict had been resolved to where you knew what the most likely cause was to the most specific reason.

You're right, I have conflicting stories don't I, like my doctor (long story) I didn't mean to mislead. I said disabling all cc got me past the 9:06 crash, which I proceeded to use boolprop to try to see which character had issues. And which characters out front on the sidewalk had caused the crashing. It seems to be a stuck character in the lot portal entrance to lot. One of those mods was the mod to turn lights off and on etc. I didn't reenable it to see if it was the problem, since at around that time there is a change in shadows and lighting in the overall lot. If I reenable cc and don't put up a fence the crashes reoccur. The 'grass' cc uses the Maxis flowers bhavs I think because it says you can water each clump but there really is no interaction. Those clumps are made by Kativip and maninly decorative but Sims stop to smell the air as if they are flowers, but my Sims can't actually water them. These don't seem to be the reason the dog is stuck in a portal but there is route failure (I think) when she tries to enter the portal at end of lot to 'roll in grass'. And at the same time a guy is standing about midway past the lot smelling the air (flowers?) and for some reasons get stuck and then everything crashes. The only way to solve it from happening over and over because boolprop errors won't let me do anything else to try to reset anything, is to move them out. Until Jezebel revisits the lot again. So, far I added a fence and left my cc out front to see if that keeps them out of the entrance portal to lot. With a fence maybe she doesn't come back.
    edited June 2018
    @Seera1024, I finally had time to sort all my custom content because that particular lot started crashing at 9:06 again after seven days of living in the house each time I moved them out and back into a fresh copy (unlived in copy) It seems though an object was not on the lot it causes it to crash at that time if it's in the downloads. A plot/object of 'grass' called grasses from ReSims. I have no idea how I wound up with it in my files since I hadn't ever downloaded from them and I couldn't find it in any lot I had downloaded last year. I spent hours (not all at one time) sorting my cc and restarting game. lol...hard. I also saw three vases and a purse across the road up in the air and couldn't figure out how those got over there either, can only be seen if cc is out of game, and had to sort each piece til I figured out what cc object that was supposed to be across the street. I built this lot and I still have no idea how that stuff got across the street on the property line, in the air. Finally got it all sorted. I still wonder why that cc grass was crashing that lot since it wasn't on that lot but in the downloads. But now I know not to use any more copies of that house. But that house had been fine since last Nov. lol, so everyone was right somehow something I downloaded corrupted that lot and I if I had that cc on the lot it sure wasn't showing up. ETA: (Bat box couldn't help with this one). ETA: But how someting got across the road (5x5 lot) is beyond me since it was a sewing screen room divider and or sewing cabinet in the house...and how it's Maxis objects (with cc out of game) were over there in the air is a mystery...unless it was so close to another house property line when I built it originally (but I doubt it) something piggy backed into the saved file.