Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crop Feature For Uploading Avi Pictures?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited June 2018 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
On other forums for The Sims we had an option to crop a picture before submitting it for our avi. This site doesn't seem to have that feature when we change our avatar picture. For instance my current has been cropped by the site and you don't see the whole picture/arms are cut off. In the past we could center, crop or cut our picture to center it better and to show the entire picture of what we wanted to show. Is that not possible to be implemented here?

ETA: My recent past picture I submitted had two Sims cut out of the picture. It sort of defeats the purpose of showing an entire family if some get cut out of the picture.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, exactly, but I have never had that feature here. All I ever see is upload or remove.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    You have to go to your profile and click "change picture" and then you draw the box around where you want your thumbnail to be.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2018
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    You have to go to your profile and click "change picture" and then you draw the box around where you want your thumbnail to be.

After it's already loaded to the site? Because If I click on the pic at all, it says change picture. I'll test this but I sure don't see any other options. ETA: O.K. no one would ever know there was that option it's like where is the big red button, but it is there. However, this only downsizes the picture and maybe there is a secret to the size of a picture or pixels so we can get the whole screen shot in some avatars.