Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving in another players sim

I'm currently working on growing up a sim to give to a friend, and I have a few questions.
  1. Once he asks my sim to move in, will he have full control of her or will she function like a NPC?
  2. What relationship level is required for him to be able to ask my sim to move in?
  3. Is there anything I can do on my end to speed up the progress on his end?
If there's a strong storm you'll find me gawking out the window, ignoring the safety warnings.

giphy.gif

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    Once your sim moves into the other simmer’s home and is promoted into a playable sim slot, they will have complete control of him. The relationship level needs to be level 8 to ask to move in.
  • StormiSkiezStormiSkiez Posts: 449 Member
    Thank you very much @rosemow :)
    If there's a strong storm you'll find me gawking out the window, ignoring the safety warnings.

giphy.gif
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    edited April 2018
    1zmo61g.pngidx3de.png14ij345.png2hxacet.pngm8ecrb.png2j32ofo.png2uhqubq.png **Made by me for The Sims Mobile Community at Facebook.

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

• StormiSkiezStormiSkiez Posts: 449 Member
    Thanks for the screenshots! @Hardernater :)

giphy.gif
  • BlueWizardRobBlueWizardRob Posts: 102 Member
    I have a semi-related question. If I allow someone to move one of my Sims in with them, they will disappear from my household, but will they still appear on my generations in the picture? I don't mind giving up one of my good Sims, but I do want them to still be listed in the family tree, even if I didn't get to finish playing them.
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    I have a semi-related question. If I allow someone to move one of my Sims in with them, they will disappear from my household, but will they still appear on my generations in the picture? I don't mind giving up one of my good Sims, but I do want them to still be listed in the family tree, even if I didn't get to finish playing them.

They will, The game will create 2 seperate npc. one for your NPC townies ( This sim also appear on your family generations ) and the other one for the other player.

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

Thanks

That means I can say yes when someone asks.
  • cindirella76cindirella76 Posts: 13 New Member
    Just so you know, there is a bug where sometimes when you move in another players sim, they never retire and you're stuck with them in your house forever.
  • LadaxLadax Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I know that other player just ignore it?
  • LematireLematire Posts: 1 New Member
    So I got my real life friends sim to move in with me, but I had no clue she will lose complete control of that sim. I was wondering if I could give it back to her? Is it even possible? She has her second sim but it won’t give her the option to move in, like the button isn’t even there.
  • Themummyof4Themummyof4 Posts: 53 Member
    No, unless she gets one of her players to interact again, till level 8, then ask permission to move in?
  • Wisconsin36Wisconsin36 Posts: 15 New Member
    ive never had any luck when ive asked for there sims to move in lol... maybe one day
    ive never had any luck when ive asked for there sims to move in lol... maybe one day

That is why this topic exists. You can arrange to romance someone you have already arranged to say yes.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I just had my sim have kids with other players sims and never bothered to try to get her married lol
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • TurquoiseOilLadyTurquoiseOilLady Posts: 3 New Member
    So I married someone else's sim (who I had not arranged before hand to marry and have move in with me).
    So we are married and at relationship level 10 with a lot of kids together. I retired my second orginial sim from when I didn't know what I was doing. So that leaves me a playable spit now for my Sim's husband to move in. I DID request for them to move in, but that was at least 2 days ago now. How long would you wait to hear back on if they are going to move before moving on.

If they DON'T let them move in then what options are there? What is the best option?
    1 - have them get a divorce? (Is that possible, and how)?
    2 - create a new playable Sim and start them out in a dating relationship till they get married. (What happens to the kids with the previous husband)
    3 - create a new guy in my 2nd (open) playable spot. Then retire my original sim that I made to look similar to me, and create a new girl. Then have those two date and get married? What would happen to the kids of the first two who were married but not living in the same house? Two of the kids are NPC adults and 2-3 are kids/toddlers.

Other ideas?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2018
    @TurquoiseOilLady I just had this discussion in another thread and feedback for EA. If the other player's sim is already married, your sim can not marry that sim. That other player may not want to give you their sim. I don't think your sim can remarry another sim once they are married. it's best not to use other player's sims unless they agree to give you their sim beforehand. @rosemow should be able to tell you more

Also I forgot. Another player posted they were going to give their sim to another player but the sim was ready for retirement so the game would not let them transfer the sim
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    So I married someone else's sim (who I had not arranged before hand to marry and have move in with me).
    So we are married and at relationship level 10 with a lot of kids together. I retired my second orginial sim from when I didn't know what I was doing. So that leaves me a playable spit now for my Sim's husband to move in. I DID request for them to move in, but that was at least 2 days ago now. How long would you wait to hear back on if they are going to move before moving on.

If they DON'T let them move in then what options are there? What is the best option?
    1 - have them get a divorce? (Is that possible, and how)?
    2 - create a new playable Sim and start them out in a dating relationship till they get married. (What happens to the kids with the previous husband)
    3 - create a new guy in my 2nd (open) playable spot. Then retire my original sim that I made to look similar to me, and create a new girl. Then have those two date and get married? What would happen to the kids of the first two who were married but not living in the same house? Two of the kids are NPC adults and 2-3 are kids/toddlers.

Other ideas?

Hello
    I haven’t tried divorcing my sims but on a thread on the AHQ EA site, EA_Mai posted this about having your sims break up
    Sorry for the wait! But... why do you want to break the happy couple?? Frown

Jokes aside, yes, it's possible. Use evil interactions with the Sim you want to break up with until you get the option Wink
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Guide-Be-social-and-grow-relationships-in-The-Sims-Mobile/m-p/6701337/highlight/true#M1574

You would need to keep doing mean interactions until the option to break up /divorce the sim appears.
    @rosemow thanks. Good to know there is a divorce / break up option
  • TurquoiseOilLadyTurquoiseOilLady Posts: 3 New Member
    Ya. These kinds of things would be VERY helpful to know when first starting the game(like a short tutorial when you first start).

If I had known then I would have made player one "me" and #2 my Sim's future spouse so I wouldn't run into the problems of getting another sim in a relationship with mine all the way to level 10 and married with kids and then not be able to have them move in
  • KenYugiKenYugi Posts: 2 New Member
    Once a Sim had moved once he/she can't move again. So you can give your sim back to your friend.
  • danielscolbertfamilydanielscolbertfamily Posts: 6 New Member
    One of my sims mothers (another player) appears to have just recently retired. The son would like to invite his mother to move in with him after they reach level 8 friendship. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    QUESTION:

Can a playable sim ask a game sim with no blue diamond over the head to move into a household? ( Meaning a sim that is already part of the Sims Mobile game (like the owner of the club) if the playable sim and the already game sim have a relationship together? They already completed a relationship story together.
    TTKIncorporated
    edited June 2018
    @danielscolbertfamily Once a sim is retired , they will eventually leave the game. You have to do family interactions , the retired sim can mentor grandchildren in a hobby, they will leave you heirlooms that will open up new careers or traits. The retired sim will stay around for I think 5 days and then they will say goodbye. They will remain on your family tree. I believe the son should be able to interact with his retired mother sim until she leaves the game so you can try and complete the relationship. It's best to complete all relationships or close to before you retire a sim.

@TTKINCORPORATED If no one owns the sim , it would be an NPC. I believe you can move them in however others have posted if the sim is close to retirement the game may not let you move them in. Double check this with @rosemow. She may know.

It's best to stay away from other sims and make your own, I posted to ea in the feedback section on the issues people have with not using their own sims