Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What New Features will there be besides Calendar?

Comments

• wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    How is knowing how many days it is until bunnyfest so great?

You have the question answered right here with our behavior. Extremely many people anticipate the release of Seasons, including myself! Counting down the days and preparing stuff for it, like game changes before hand etc. If we have an actual functional calendar in game we can create the same anticipation for certain events, such as family visiting etc. and much more. I for myself know it will help, I have way too much to do in my real life, can't keep track of my Sim's life as well. So I don't write anything down and as a fact never had a party event yet, because I just don't have the incentive to prepare for it days in advance and anticipate it. I know the calendar + the weather of course will bring tons of energy into my Sims game style!

This.

So your sim gets engaged...
    • You put the wedding in the calendar.

Is that it? NOPE!
    • Weddings need fancy togs! Schedule an event to go dress/suit shopping wiith the bridesmaids/groomsmen.
    • Crowded house? Book a honeymoon for some alone time after the wedding.
    • What about food? Plan a tasting of cakes at a bakery or sample meals at a restaurant.
    • Get the girls/lads together for a hen/stag party.
    • Future Mother-in-Law needs to chill? Have a spa day together before the wedding.

And finally...
    • Wedding Day! Do the thing with the ring.
    • Head off on honeymoon, get pregnant and start planning for the baby's arrival.
    For me it doesn't sound that interesting because I can just keep it in mind - bachelor party in 5 days, wedding in 7 days, vacation in 8 days. And if I switch through multiple families then I just make a quick note somewhere on my computer, like a simple .txt file that says "Family A - Planned wedding in one week"
    Having the in-game option sounds neat, but I totally understand why people don't see it as enough new content. It's practical and neat, but for many people it's not really new gameplay :|
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

You have the question answered right here with our behavior. Extremely many people anticipate the release of Seasons, including myself! Counting down the days and preparing stuff for it, like game changes before hand etc. If we have an actual functional calendar in game we can create the same anticipation for certain events, such as family visiting etc. and much more. I for myself know it will help, I have way too much to do in my real life, can't keep track of my Sim's life as well. So I don't write anything down and as a fact never had a party event yet, because I just don't have the incentive to prepare for it days in advance and anticipate it. I know the calendar + the weather of course will bring tons of energy into my Sims game style!

This.

Is that it? NOPE!
    • Weddings need fancy togs! Schedule an event to go dress/suit shopping wiith the bridesmaids/groomsmen.
    • What about food? Plan a tasting of cakes at a bakery or sample meals at a restaurant.
    • Future Mother-in-Law needs to chill? Have a spa day together before the wedding.

And finally...
    • Head off on honeymoon, get pregnant and start planning for the baby's arrival.

I'm sorry, that all sounds so much fun... but I'm having trouble getting hyped for it when there's all this other stuff being cut.

You're clearly REALLY into stories. I suppose the calendar might do well with that kind of thing but... I have this huge suspicion that all those exclamation marks in its description are getting people a lot more excited than they should be.

You know what? I don't mind the calendar. What I mind, is that EA is clearly cutting back and so we're getting much simpler features because the Devs are still able to fit those into their deadlines.

Agreed!! They said they cut a world, snow, hail, sun tanning for other features.

The calendar is a major feature and i don't see why all of that was given up for a calendar. All that is in the pack is what I assume took the least amount of time to make. Making a snow angle is less time consuming than a ski slope. Making a calendar is definitely not as complicated and time consuming as the left out weather and world.

I am glad some people find use out of this. I've always done this without needing an over hyped system to do it for me. I know the calendar will be forgotten by me just like the group function is because i don't waste my time to play Sims on stuff like that that to me doesn't add anything to their lives.

Don't mean to sound harsh o's that's how i'm coming off.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    the people complaing about cutting the world, if they didn't cut the new world, you wouldn't be getting the calendar UI or anything.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    BlAMdeM.png

I was patiently waiting for the winter and fall blog to see if there's any fun *cough* NEW *cough* gameplay activity but all what's mentioned is a calender and drinking hot coca and inviting guests to a party..i mean WOW I'm really impressed..i mean besides ice skating (which is literally the only new gameplay thing you can do in winter)

I'm sorry I'm really trying hard to find anything interesting to do in fall and winter I'm tired of endless summer and please no, drinking hot chocolate is not a new gameplay, inviting guests is not a new gameplay, you can already do that in game
    I want GAMEPLAY please prove me wrong and tell how if there's fun gameplay I don't want to lose hope because seasons is my Fav EPs

I could just forget about deep snow, no hail, no sunburnt or tan if there's actually good gameplay..
    EA seems to do what's the easiest less tasking things and recycling ideas and talk about them and promoting them as a new gameplay, like no sorry drinking hot coca is not a new gameplay neither inviting guests to eat in your house
    Why EA has to be lazy..why

Gameplay equals skating,decorating the tree,building snowmen etc etc.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    the people complaing about cutting the world, if they didn't cut the new world, you wouldn't be getting the calendar UI or anything.

Good. I'd rather have a world with beaches and suntanning, maybe some ball sports, kids being able to play tag and build sand castles than have a calendar to plan when my sim should go out to make a snow angel.
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Good. I'd rather have a world with beaches and suntanning, maybe some ball sports, kids being able to play tag and build sand castles than have a calendar to plan when my sim should go out to make a snow angel.

Too if they would have added a world we wouldn't be getting Seasons in June. We'd be getting it in November.

Too if they would have added a world we wouldn't be getting Seasons in June. We'd be getting it in November.

Well hopefully it would've put more on the table then instead of rushing it out so they can sell winter stuff in a few months.

I've never been disappointed in seasons pack. Until now.
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member

This.

Is that it? NOPE!

And finally...

You can already do all this though. You don't need the calendar to do those. I understand it will make things easier to organize for you but you don't actually need an in game feature to plan things either.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

I wonder if it's really the case or is it just speculation...? I can see how a new world can take a lot of development time but is that the reason why we got one EP per year by now?

Well hopefully it would've put more on the table then instead of rushing it out so they can sell winter stuff in a few months.

Remember they haven't showed everything. Their saving some stuff for EA Play and the Livestream.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    loutredor wrote: »

This.

Is that it? NOPE!

And finally...

You can already do all this though. You don't need the calendar to do those. I understand it will make things easier to organize for you but you don't actually need an in game feature to plan things either.

actually we DO need it since you can't PLAN in advanced stuff because currently if we plan parties even if it's the middle of the day, the dinner party starts then and not when YOU want it to start
    6adMCGP.gif
    Omri147 wrote: »

I wonder if it's really the case or is it just speculation...? I can see how a new world can take a lot of development time but is that the reason why we got one EP per year by now?

I think it is.

Remember they haven't showed everything. Their saving some stuff for EA Play and the Livestream.

I don't know but i feel like they are saving an in-depth look at calendars.

I would love a surprise with a bunch of new exciting dun things for sims to do but I won't get my hopes up.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member

This.

Is that it? NOPE!

And finally...

I'm sorry, that all sounds so much fun... but I'm having trouble getting hyped for it when there's all this other stuff being cut.

You're clearly REALLY into stories. I suppose the calendar might do well with that kind of thing but... I have this huge suspicion that all those exclamation marks in its description are getting people a lot more excited than they should be.

You know what? I don't mind the calendar. What I mind, is that EA is clearly cutting back and so we're getting much simpler features because the Devs are still able to fit those into their deadlines.

Agreed!! They said they cut a world, snow, hail, sun tanning for other features.

The calendar is a major feature and i don't see why all of that was given up for a calendar. All that is in the pack is what I assume took the least amount of time to make. Making a snow angle is less time consuming than a ski slope. Making a calendar is definitely not as complicated and time consuming as the left out weather and world.

I am glad some people find use out of this. I've always done this without needing an over hyped system to do it for me. I know the calendar will be forgotten by me just like the group function is because i don't waste my time to play Sims on stuff like that that to me doesn't add anything to their lives.

Do people really think that if we didn't have the calendar we would have a world Plus all weather known to man plus every other feature that they personally want? I highly doubt it. I think they would have just spent the time on some other feature that some other group would complain about. Thing from the get-go they decide what they want to spend resources on and I don't think that a new world has been on the table at all from what I've read
    edited June 2018

This.

Is that it? NOPE!

And finally...

actually we DO need it since you can't PLAN in advanced stuff because currently if we plan parties even if it's the middle of the day, the dinner party starts then and not when YOU want it to start

Well you can still decide in advance which day and at which hour you will have the party, and then make it start when the hour has come.
    I agree with you though that it would be better to be able to organize it in advance, for purposes of realism. It is better for immersion. But it still doesn't allow you to do things you couldn't do before, concretely speaking. So although a good detail, I don't think it could be considered a major gameplay addition.

Edit: If the calendar actually allows you to do things you couldn't do before, like having a sim over for several days, then I will agree that it is a good gameplay addition.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't think if you removed the Calendar you would have more. I don't think EA is giving the Devs the TIME to do more.

Although I'm not surprised we don't get a new world, I'd hoped they would put the effort that's normally in a new world into bigger things than a calendar.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited June 2018
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

This.

Is that it? NOPE!

And finally...

Do people really think that if we didn't have the calendar we would have a world Plus all weather known to man plus every other feature that they personally want? I highly doubt it. I think they would have just spent the time on some other feature that some other group would complain about. Thing from the get-go they decide what they want to spend resources on and I don't think that a new world has been on the table at all from what I've read

Nope but I saying what they effectively said by saying they left those things out to work on other new major features.

Edit like the person above me said, when they said they weren't adding a world i thought it would mean amazing weather. There isn't amazing weather and summer is a let down so far and all we have to show for it is a calendar.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I don't think if you removed the Calendar you would have more. I don't think EA is giving the Devs the TIME to do more.

Although I'm not surprised we don't get a new world, I'd hoped they would put the effort that's normally in a new world into bigger things than a calendar.
    Me too, I thought no new world would mean more content in general but I still don't see it yet...
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018

This.

Is that it? NOPE!

And finally...
    For me it doesn't sound that interesting because I can just keep it in mind - bachelor party in 5 days, wedding in 7 days, vacation in 8 days. And if I switch through multiple families then I just make a quick note somewhere on my computer, like a simple .txt file that says "Family A - Planned wedding in one week"
    Having the in-game option sounds neat, but I totally understand why people don't see it as enough new content. It's practical and neat, but for many people it's not really new gameplay :|

Yeah, because that's so much easier and efficient. Sounds fun, too. :D Don't forget we can choose 'traditions' or behaviors that our sims do during an event. We'll get more details about how it all works soon.
    IceyJ wrote: »

This.

Is that it? NOPE!

And finally...

I don't know about you, but I don't see the fun in trying to remember hundreds of events & activities for my sims when the game can do it for me and give me an in-game reminder so I don't forget. Also, it keeps track of when sims are busy/already have something on their schedule and what the weather will be like. Not to mention choosing dress code, activities and who knows whatever else we can customize. You guys are seriously diminishing the potential of this feature.

Apart for their work hours, I don't think sims outside your household will have a schedule, unless story progression was implemented. But more importantly, does that mean we will have to take every guest's work hours into account when planning a party? That seems more like a negative than a positive to me.

As for the other features you mentionned: can't you already choose the dress code for events? Just like planning parties in advance, it was such a basic feature in Sims 3 that I didn't even realize it would be an addition for Sims 4. But ok then, that's great I guess. As for the activities, I am not a fan of events with checklists.

Also, hundreds of events? What kind of life do your sims have? :D
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

This.

Is that it? NOPE!

And finally...

I don't know about you, but I don't see the fun in trying to remember hundreds of events & activities for my sims when the game can do it for me and give me an in-game reminder so I don't forget. Also, it keeps track of when sims are busy/already have something on their schedule and what the weather will be like. Not to mention choosing dress code, activities and who knows whatever else we can customize. You guys are seriously diminishing the potential of this feature.

I'll give him this. When it comes to planning I can definitely see use in the calendar for stories. It's no fun to have to remember it all. Now the game will do it for you, making your game easier. You know, if you pay.

But it shouldn't have to be the most exciting new function in a Seasons pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited June 2018

This.

Is that it? NOPE!

And finally...

Apart for their work hours, I don't think sims outside your household will have a schedule, unless story progression was implemented. But more importantly, does that mean we will have to take every guest's work hours into account when planning a party? That seems more like a negative than a positive to me.

As for the other features you mentionned: can't you already choose the dress code for events? Just like planning parties in advance, it was such a basic feature in Sims 3 that I didn't even realize it would be an addition for Sims 4. But ok then, that's great I guess. As for the activities, I am not a fan of events with checklists.

Also, hundreds of events? What kind of life do your sims have? :D

Well, I would think sims that we invite to an event would get it added to their schedules. But hopefully in that case, the guest can 'take time off' from work to attend. We can currently invite sims at any time & work hours are ignored.

I don't think we can choose dress code for parties, but we can for club gatherings. That was just one example of things we can (probably) customize. There will be more.

You're right. Since I have hundreds of sims, I would have to keep track of thousands of events. Lol.

Things do add up, ya know? ;)
    edited June 2018

This.

Is that it? NOPE!

And finally...

I'll give him this. When it comes to planning I can definitely see use in the calendar for stories. It's no fun to have to remember it all. Now the game will do it for you, making your game easier. You know, if you pay.

But it shouldn't have to be the most exciting new function in a Seasons pack.

Actually, (don't quote me on this, lol) I have a feeling that scheduling basic events will be part of the patch.

And it's one of the most exciting functions in the pack. Because.... it is. Lol.