Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What New Features will there be besides Calendar?

graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
BlAMdeM.png

I was patiently waiting for the winter and fall blog to see if there's any fun *cough* NEW *cough* gameplay activity but all what's mentioned is a calender and drinking hot coca and inviting guests to a party..i mean WOW I'm really impressed..i mean besides ice skating (which is literally the only new gameplay thing you can do in winter)

I'm sorry I'm really trying hard to find anything interesting to do in fall and winter I'm tired of endless summer and please no, drinking hot chocolate is not a new gameplay, inviting guests is not a new gameplay, you can already do that in game
I want GAMEPLAY please prove me wrong and tell how if there's fun gameplay I don't want to lose hope because seasons is my Fav EPs

I could just forget about deep snow, no hail, no sunburnt or tan if there's actually good gameplay..
EA seems to do what's the easiest less tasking things and recycling ideas and talk about them and promoting them as a new gameplay, like no sorry drinking hot coca is not a new gameplay neither inviting guests to eat in your house
Why EA has to be lazy..why

Changed thread title - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    That's how I feel too. It is starting look that besides Santa there is nothing really gameplay wise. Especially when the calendar is a major feature.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    That's how I feel too. It is starting look that besides Santa there is nothing really gameplay wise. Especially when the calendar is a major feature.

I can't believe calender is a major feature, like literally this is super easy to do and EA tries to find the less exciting tasks to do in very lazy way to not work harder on this EP and make it exciting
    A calender is the major feature..i mean lol..i dunno whether to cry or laugh
    Any modder can make calender feature in a week it's super easy and doesn't take much coding, I don't get people who excited for this and forget all the awesome things we could do in fall in Sims 3 from haunted house to participating in contests
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'd hate to jump to EA's defense again, but in the interest of being fair, they haven't shown everything yet.

But they did show snowball fights, snowmen, and snow angels among other things in the trailer. Those aren't "nothing" last I checked. There are probably lots of things I'm forgetting.

I know it's bad that the release of info is slow, but just wait until more is shown before jumping to conclusions.

I don't think there is more. When has EA hidden a ton of fun features for sims 4.

Snow angels
    Snow ball fight
    Shoveling weird piles for no reason
    Snowmen
    Ice skating.
    Santa- I don't trust him yet because of those evil bears
    Three decorating.

Shoveling is the new feature.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I have said this before but..
    The Sims 4 lags depth and everything is shallow. I'm sorry to say but it wont change. So this doesn't surprise me at all. Every pack may look pretty but that's about it. To me TS 1-3 were better.
    (Exceptions Parenthood & Vampires, those are good packs and very detailed)
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    The Sims 4 lags depth and everything is shallow. I'm sorry to say but it wont change. So this doesn't surprise me at all. Every pack may look pretty but that's about it. To me TS 1-3 were better.

Sims 4 has great and detailed vampires. I enjoy parenthood too
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    My general rule with TS4: GPs are good and for the rest... Never get my hopes up too much...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This is starting to get depressing every time they release any info its adding no game play make a turkey sip some cocoa I'm sorry that's the best they got instead of saying and so much more they maybe should of listed something more that's fun beyond new food. Here's a crazy idea tell us something we don't know about if there content/gameplay we don't know about which I'm starting to doubt.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited June 2018
    Like I said in another thread, I'm kinda disappointed there's no new winter activities other than stuff we already had in previous Seasons EPs. Ice skating, snowman building, snowball fighting and snow angels have been in all of them so far (with the exception of ice skating, this also includes TS1 Vacation).
    Post edited by Omri147 on
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    This is starting to get depressing every time they release any info its adding no game play make a turkey sip some cocoa I'm sorry that's the best they got instead of saying and so much more they maybe should of listed something more that's fun beyond new food. Here's a crazy idea tell us something we don't know about if there content/gameplay we don't know about which I'm starting to doubt.

I don't know it sounds like me when I run out of things so say "and there is soo much more" code for maybe one or two things that have been said before but we don't want to admit the pack is empty.
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    The gameplay is creating holidays and playing them out.
    I guess I understand what you're saying, things like snowboarding, igloos, and skiing would have been cool.

I'm not sure what else I could possibly think of, though. When I think of winter IRL, I think of snowball fights, snowmen, snow angels, shoveling, and most importantly - holidays. I've been ice skating a few times and skiing once (although I hated it!), so maybe I'm biased but I think everything we've been told about so far sounds just amazing. It's exactly what I would have asked for for my sims.

I'm sorry there doesn't seem to be enough game play for you, though. I really hope if there aren't anymore features being added that you find something about the EP that you will enjoy.

I would actually love a ski object. Kinda like the snowboarding on from sims 3 but it would be a giant slope with a ladder and then there would be different course and obstacles for sims to overcome as their skill improves.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »

These holidays are based on club system and throwing parties/feast parties I wouldn't actually call it new gameplay, renaming throwing a party and inviting guests to your home a holiday won't make a NEW gameplay
    I'm talking about weather/seasonal gameplay..
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I see it the same way. Much like with the clubs they're giving us the tools to make our own gameplay.

The clubs and Vampires are my most used features right now, so I can see the Season gameplay become my next favorite!!! :smile:
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I see it the same way. Much like with the clubs they're giving us the tools to make our own gameplay.

The clubs and Vampires are my most used features right now, so I can see the Season gameplay become my next favorite!!! :smile:
    Totally. As I said in another thread, I have not been this excited since Vampires.
  • alimafionalimafion Posts: 81 Member
    Hmm the lack of gameplay features is a bit of a let down if I’m honest. I like the idea of having a calendar but I was hoping that wouldn’t be a main feature :(
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I feel like they've shifted their focus from new gameplay you can experience on the holidays to the system that lets you schedule them. It's underwhelming to me.

Outside of Christmas trees/gifts, what holiday activities does Seasons offer? What gameplay does it add that will be unique to Easter or Halloween or Valentine's Day?

Watching my Sims cook a meal, drink a couple of bar drinks and dance to the stereo is something I could do any day I want without a little window in the top of the screen reminding me that doing those things means I'm meeting the goals for that holiday to achieve a gold star rating. I worry that without much content associated with each holiday, they're going to end up feeling suspiciously close to any other party in the game.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    alimafion wrote: »
    Hmm the lack of gameplay features is a bit of a let down if I’m honest. I like the idea of having a calendar but I was hoping that wouldn’t be a main feature :(

I think I've said this before but I really adore your profile picture :love: