Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Windows 7-10 Fixes

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    BMSO wrote: »
    My issue isn't flickering black screens it's buy mode. I click on anything and buy mode is so laggy it doesn't even load and this is playing it on Sims 2 UC. I've tried looking everywhere for a solution.

This is usually a securom thing. Either update your game, or run it cracked and remove securom.

I thought the securom was removed? I had to reinstall it yesterday and it started working again I'll give it an update today and hope for the best. Thanks for the tip.

If you had the previous digital download or were using the disks, you still have securom on your pc. It does not uninstall with the game. You must use a special program to get rid of it, or it stays forever.

Keep in mind that Sims 2 is not the only game out that comes with Securom. You may have another game that installed it on your PC, especially if you play older games.

That is true. Other games used Securom. I don't know how many used the nasty version though. There is more then one version of it.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    My issue isn't flickering black screens it's buy mode. I click on anything and buy mode is so laggy it doesn't even load and this is playing it on Sims 2 UC. I've tried looking everywhere for a solution.

This is usually a securom thing. Either update your game, or run it cracked and remove securom.

I thought the securom was removed? I had to reinstall it yesterday and it started working again I'll give it an update today and hope for the best. Thanks for the tip.

If you had the previous digital download or were using the disks, you still have securom on your pc. It does not uninstall with the game. You must use a special program to get rid of it, or it stays forever.

Keep in mind that Sims 2 is not the only game out that comes with Securom. You may have another game that installed it on your PC, especially if you play older games.

That is true. Other games used Securom. I don't know how many used the nasty version though. There is more then one version of it.

I believe the issue with securom and Windows 10 is a compatibility issue which would affect all versions of Securom.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member

Mkay, I'll look into getting securom removed.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

edited May 2018

I believe the issue with securom and Windows 10 is a compatibility issue which would affect all versions of Securom.

You have a point. :D A good one at that.

Just google Leefish Securom there are instructions for removing it. We can't link it though, forum don't like Leefish..
    Oh and you can skip the third instruction if you want, since they removed it from the latest downloads of UC. You shouldn't have to worry about it re-installing. Actually you REALLY only need the first program linked, the second is just key clean up, that isn't important.
    edited May 2018

Just google Leefish Securom there are instructions for removing it. We can't link it though, forum don't like Leefish..
    Oh and you can skip the third instruction if you want, since they removed it from the latest downloads of UC. You shouldn't have to worry about it re-installing. Actually you REALLY only need the first program linked, the second is just key clean up, that isn't important.

I actually figured out the lag issue with build and buy. Turns out when I deleted the thumbnails it was placing them all back in the game. So the quick fix I did was just to reinstall the game. I also had to update it twice but it runs smooth with no issues.

Apparently deleting the thumbnails with UC causes a lag problem unlike when you play it on disc where you can delete the thumbnails.

I actually figured out the lag issue with build and buy. Turns out when I deleted the thumbnails it was placing them all back in the game. So the quick fix I did was just to reinstall the game. I also had to update it twice but it runs smooth with no issues.

Apparently deleting the thumbnails with UC causes a lag problem unlike when you play it on disc where you can delete the thumbnails.

Ahh yes. That is because it has to regenerate all of the build/buy thumbnails. That makes sense. Glad it is running better for you now! :)
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

Pretty much any EA game that came out after... I think about 2005? Came with Securom. The reason that it crashes new loads is that every time you start up accessing those game files it checks to see if you're copying them and this is not something that most computers love.

If you are using a newer windows computer you absolutely should manually remove securom - it's not compatible with anything after win7, largely because windows considers it a computer security risk.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    So uh, my sims 2 UC installed without some folders...

2nrogo0.jpg

Is this a Win10 problem, or just origin messing with my life?
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited May 2018

2nrogo0.jpg

Which ones- Downloads/Projects/SavedSims? It's neither.
    Projects and SavedSims are made when you use Body shop, iirc. Maybe Downloads, too- Idr. (or Projects will be made with HomeCrafter plus) :)
    You can make the Downloads folder if you need it.
    Rflong7 wrote: »

2nrogo0.jpg

Projects and SavedSims are made when you use Body shop, iirc. Maybe Downloads, too- Idr. (or Projects will be made with HomeCrafter plus) :)

I was thinking it had installed without the config file. I'm blind. :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member

2nrogo0.jpg

I was thinking it had installed without the config file. I'm blind. :sweat_smile:

Aw... I guess I should wait for more specific questions. I always end up trying to help by asking questions to get the full picture. :cookie:

2nrogo0.jpg

Aw... I guess I should wait for more specific questions. I always end up trying to help by asking questions to get the full picture. :cookie:

Questions is always a great place to start. I had just failed to see the difference. :lol:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    edited May 2018
    Sometimes if you don't see the files if you run the game it will automatically load the files after you have exited the game. Though you will have to make the downloads file yourself for UC since it isn't included. The disc version isn't included either unless you have already downloaded a .sim file. You will also need the sims2 clean installer. Just don't update the clean installer it works fine as it is.

• Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    I have no CC installed, just recently downloaded UC again. However, now when I load any household, before it heads into the game it comes up with "The application has now terminated... blahblahblah". Can anyone help?

Yes, i've cleaned the Cached RAM to make it all FREE using TheJessaChannels tip. This used to work but no longer does. The game will simply not load anymore.

I use a GTX 1080ti.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
    Azarinop2 wrote: »
    I have no CC installed, just recently downloaded UC again. However, now when I load any household, before it heads into the game it comes up with "The application has now terminated... blahblahblah". Can anyone help?

Yes, i've cleaned the Cached RAM to make it all FREE using TheJessaChannels tip. This used to work but no longer does. The game will simply not load anymore.

I use a GTX 1080ti.

Have you used the graphic rules? With a GTX1080ti, you will need to edit your files by hand, the graphic rules doesn't do a complete job. Instructions for that here.

http://simlili.tumblr.com/post/146373494212

I use a GTX 1080ti.

Have you used the graphic rules? With a GTX1080ti, you will need to edit your files by hand, the graphic rules doesn't do a complete job. Instructions for that here.

The game already recognises my GPU fine. The only problem is entering any households within neighbourhoods. Once it's loaded a household, the game crashes and displays the terminate message.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif

I use a GTX 1080ti.

The game already recognises my GPU fine. The only problem is entering any households within neighbourhoods. Once it's loaded a household, the game crashes and displays the terminate message.

Sounds like you may have a corrupted file somewhere.

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I was going to make a thread; but glad this one exist. I am having so much trouble with Windows 10. If my sims goes to a busy lot or wants to throw a party, it lags so much now. It takes literally hours as how they move and in game time is just so slow now. Yet when they are alone or with only a few sims, it's fine.

I use a GTX 1080ti.

Hmm ok. Just a couple questions. When you altered your video card and graphic rules files, did you put copies of the altered files in both the Config and CSConfig folders?

Are you using compatibility mode or running the game as administrator? (You shouldn't the game runs better now without doing either of these)

Have you used the 4GB patch? If not you can try that. http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php you use this on the .exe of the game in the game files.

Have you tried deleting the cache files? You could also see if you just got a hiccup in the folder when it generated, move your neighborhoods folder out to someplace safe, such as your desktop. Launch the game to let the file regenerate, then go in and see if you have the same problem.

You are using no CC, do you have any mods?

Problems are harder to fix now because of their "generous update" :s Now there are new ones, they should have left it alone.

I use a GTX 1080ti.

Hmm ok. Just a couple questions. When you altered your video card and graphic rules files, did you put copies of the altered files in both the Config and CSConfig folders?

Are you using compatibility mode or running the game as administrator? (You shouldn't the game runs better now without doing either of these)

Have you used the 4GB patch? If not you can try that. http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php you use this on the .exe of the game in the game files.

Have you tried deleting the cache files? You could also see if you just got a hiccup in the folder when it generated, move your neighborhoods folder out to someplace safe, such as your desktop. Launch the game to let the file regenerate, then go in and see if you have the same problem.

Problems are harder to fix now because of their "generous update" :s Now there are new ones, they should have left it alone.

I have reinstalled the game, with the document folder reset to default. The game still terminates with the message when entering any household.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif

I use a GTX 1080ti.

Yes i've reinstalled from scratch using no CC and the game continues to terminate/close without warning. This seems to have happened when I updated Windows 10. And no I will not do a system restore, it's too much hassle and Microsoft will continue to insist updating.

TS2 is my favourite, and it's a shame Origin will not patch the game for Windows 10 compatibility.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
    edited June 2018
    SOLVED!

So it seems my OS requires TS2 to use the 4GB patch. After its installation the game finally works!

Why is this? :dizzy:

Edit: Turns out it's a false alarm. I got into tutorial though! However, i'm still unable to enter any households in ANY neighbourhoods. :(

Edit 2: Right so without Graphics Rules Maker forcing texture memory, I can now load into households. However as my GPU is modern the game disallows any of the graphics settings to change, so I must change the manually. Such a shame as graphics rules maker was a easy way through.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
    Wait is it solved?? :D Ya the graphic rules does not work with many more recent graphics cards, it has to be done by hand. I only used graphic rules so it could fetch the hex number from my graphics card, so I wouldn't have to search for it, then did alterations from there by hand. I hope you have it figured out now though and be able to play. Ironically the last update UC had was supposedly to get it to make it more compatible with 10... I have only seen it make things worse. :/ Glad I never updated *shews EA away*

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I have the Ultimate Collection. My problem is that I get an error message saying I lack memory every time I try to start the game, and I have no neighborhoods. I know about the 4GB patch, but I'm missing a "Game" folder in my installation.

yod0SD5.png
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2018
    So can anyone help me about the problem with lag that I had? I think it is a windows 10 compatibility issue. Is it that graphic rules thing? Would that damage my computer?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top