Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cdkeys - Seasons?

YannoliYannoli Posts: 48 Member
So I’ve bought Cat & Dogs from Cdkeys before and I was planning on buying Seasons from them because I’m a broke college student and it’s cheaper there

Comments

• YannoliYannoli Posts: 48 Member
    Recently I saw that it shouldn’t be trusted? So I’m wondering if I should go that route again. Can people tell me their experiences with the site, whether good or bad. Thank you!
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Hi, I've used that site countless times before and had no issue. I use PayPal. They have Seasons priced $25.79 right now for preorder, I got it because I was afraid of the price rising between now and the release date.

Seasons is also up on Amazon and Target, if you have any gift cards laying around.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • YannoliYannoli Posts: 48 Member
    KJB wrote: »
    Hi, I've used that site countless times before and had no issue. I use PayPal. They have Seasons priced $25.79 right now for preorder, I got it because I was afraid of the price rising between now and the release date.

Seasons is also up on Amazon and Target, if you have any gift cards laying around.
    Tysm! Yeah I saw that and was thinking about just preordering from there.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2018
    I personally don't think it's worth the risk. I've used Cdkeys once or twice myself then learned more about it and other similar sites. No, nothing has happened to my Origin or Steam account but I've seen others effected by chargebacks before. Just because someone has used it many times doesn't mean your accounts not at risk even a year later. I fully aware my account is still at risk and those I bought codes for. Now I know better and I'll wait for sales if I must.

*shrugs* Totally up to you. When your account gets locked after a chargeback, you can open a case with Origin to have them undo it. (If whoever's helping feels nice) Steam is more strict.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I’ve bought and preordered from cdkeys lots of times and I trust them, but definitely use PayPal.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    When in doubt, do checkout through PayPal, they’ve got your back if there’s anything funny and won’t hesitate giving you a refund.

That being said, I’ve purchased from them a few times now and have had no problems. Never preordered though.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I pre-ordered cats and dogs from them pretty early. Paid upfront. Then the price dropped by a couple of £. I thought I would be cheeky and ask if they could match it (not expecting them too,) but they refunded the difference!

I've used them 3 or 4 times and had no problem at all.

I heard it was a similar site called cjs-cdkeys that was the one to be wary of?
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I'm in the UK and I pre-ordered Cats and Dogs and didn't have any issues whatsoever (I used Paypal) In fact, my download was available slightly before the origin one. I've also recently pre-ordered Seasons from there too. It's nearly half price on there compared to Origin.

I believe there is a site with a similar name that people have had some issues with as the post above me states. Just make sure it's the right one.