Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation 2018 (Patch Is Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
This will be a game changing update to the Base Game. We already know that the new glass roofs are being added and I think that we might be getting the motive cheats the gurus use during the livestreams. Anyway time to speculate about what other updates might come to this patch. This is a Pre EP Patch so it should release on June 18th or June 19th or maybe sooner.

This makes me think we're getting the motive cheats. If I'm wrong then I apologize. I could be mistaken.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited June 2018
    Moderators can y'all move this thread to the Speculation Section for me? I meant to put it there in the first place.
    edited June 2018
    @EA_Lanna can you move this to the Speculation Section for me?

Edit
    Thanks for moving this topic.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well I think we might get something good this time around because there was a big patch before sims 3 seasons
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited June 2018
    I'm hoping for the update that will let you start a new game without going into CAS so you can start editing your world from the start or play one of the premade families.

In TS3 Seasons ep patch we got the option to tie relationships to boy/girlfriend/engaged in cas and swimming in the ocean and lakes.
    and diving boards
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    Maybe gift giving will be included in the patch.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
    Maybe gift giving will be included in the patch.

Possible but I don't think it will.
    I'm hoping for the update that will let you start a new game without going into CAS so you can start editing your world from the start or play one of the premade families.

In TS3 Seasons ep patch we got the option to tie relationships to boy/girlfriend/engaged in cas and swimming in the ocean and lakes.

I would like that
    Hoping we get an update to change the background color of cas.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The toddler swimwear category should be patched in so its base game content for future packs besides that no idea not like we are getting ocean swimming...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The toddler swimwear category should be patched in so its base game content for future packs besides that no idea not like we are getting ocean swimming...

The gurus have already stated that it will be coming with seasons and not in the base game.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'm just hoping they don't break my game, again.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

It was supposed to be added a while ago, right? I remember I was starting a new game some time ago, and it struck me then 'Wait, shouldn't I go right to the map and not CAS?'. Did it ever work for anybody?

Other than the glass roofs and some bug fixes, I'm not expecting much. I feel it's too soon to get the motives cheats, and they still are considering it.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Bug fixes and pre EP stuff
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I wonder whether the calendar will be patched in. There could be a basic scheduling system that anyone can use but you need the pack for holidays.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Along with pre EP stuff, now this is the last straw, if they don’t let us listen to our custom songs in Tween Pop, NuDisco, Singer-Songwriter, Latin, and Latin Pop, I’ll never wanna be happy with it again! I cannot believe I’m saying this but, 24K Magic is a song for me to hear, as long as I need to hear, they need to fix the radio stations!
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I was actually assuming the patch would come out June 21, the day before the EP. but yeah, I guess it could be sooner than that. I’m wlmost positive the Cats and Dogs patch was out the day before the EP.

Obviously we are getting the glass roofs, which is great. I don’t really think we’ll get much else. I highly doubt, at this point, that they’d patch in rain. I’m expecting some other big bug fixes to come with it. My only worry is that I know it’s going to break MCCC and I’ll have to wait for that to be updated because I can’t play without it anymore. I’m also expecting CC to break. Not sure if build and buy mode stuff will need updating, but I’m wondering if clothing etc will need an update so you can designate it for different seasons. So likely I’ll be waiting for a sims studio batch fix there too
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

The gurus have already stated that it will be coming with seasons and not in the base game.
    Really? All I seen was a Guru talking about toddler swimwear and him thinking it was in the game already/
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I think they'll patch in rain. Rain will be put in the base game to encourage simmers to buy the Seasons pack and experience more types of weather.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I was actually assuming the patch would come out June 21, the day before the EP. but yeah, I guess it could be sooner than that. I’m wlmost positive the Cats and Dogs patch was out the day before the EP.

Obviously we are getting the glass roofs, which is great. I don’t really think we’ll get much else. I highly doubt, at this point, that they’d patch in rain. I’m expecting some other big bug fixes to come with it. My only worry is that I know it’s going to break MCCC and I’ll have to wait for that to be updated because I can’t play without it anymore. I’m also expecting CC to break. Not sure if build and buy mode stuff will need updating, but I’m wondering if clothing etc will need an update so you can designate it for different seasons. So likely I’ll be waiting for a sims studio batch fix there too

I'm thinking the patch will be out the 19th or 20th (Tuesday/Wednesday) to give modders and CC creators the opportunity to try and get their mods updated by the time the pack drops. Especially people who create custom harvestables -- if we're getting seasonal plants they'll want to adjust some of their plants to match up with certain seasons. And you've got the script mods that a lot of people use like MC Command Center and UI Cheats Extension. While EA doesn't officially support mods, the devs understand how important they are to many players so they try to give time for the mod developers to make compatibility adjustments.

Some people are still reporting issues with retail, especially selling produce using the Lice Cold Refrigerator -- with gardening being a big deal that might be a major fix they've been working on. Also Sims are still showing up in odd outfits to festivals so that needs to be resolved.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2018
    Besides bug fixed and the glass roofs, I am hoping maybe some minor stuff at least such adding a doorbell (I though I heard about a doorbell with Seasons and it is really needed. I barely hear when some sims so up and get no notices that they want to come over, so I often miss sims). I also would like an online dating system.

If they ever do another big patch again and they seem to do that like maybe once year or for something that was meant to be in the game, I would love a Story Progression or a Chemistry system. I want it to feel lively again without having to rely on mods. Mods keep breaking and messing with the game. We need some basic features back. I don't care if it isn't part of base game and requires an expansion; please add it eventually. I can only take so much of the same thing without getting bored. Sims can't get drunk, slow dance, read the news, receive love letters, there is no system that allows sims to tell other sims that your sim is cheating or anything.

It Sims 3 wasn't so horrible or Sims 2 worked better with windows 10, I can at least play them while waiting; but I can't so, Sims 4 is the only really stable game and we really really need some new and old things to be added in (I still don't have all the stuff packs. I rather some things go back to being part of EPs. They are more costly so they need more and it still cheaper in the long run to get one EP then a bunch of stuff packs and game packs as they do add up).
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    Outside of glass roofs (which is something I'm really looking forward to!), I suppose we'll see. Obviously, there would be a number of bug fixes, but I'd be curious to see if there is anything else they may be adding onto it?
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Do you think it will break as many custom content and mods like the C&D patch did? I'm usually always looking forward to fixes and free stuff, but this time… :no_mouth:
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I think they'll patch in rain. Rain will be put in the base game to encourage simmers to buy the Seasons pack and experience more types of weather.

For a ong time I was thinking about that, but now I rather doubt they will. But maybe they could update the lighting in general, like add some cloudiness to the eternal summer?
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2018
    Do you think it will break as many custom content and mods like the C&D patch did? I'm usually always looking forward to fixes and free stuff, but this time… :no_mouth:

Seeing how it is going to be a big expansion that will change worlds, be prepared for massive amount of mods breaking like in C&D's. Part of me is looking forward to it; yet another part is dreading it as I am not looking forward to finding every single broken mod.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on