Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Transgender option for pride

Comments

• livingforwardslivingforwards Posts: 144 Member
    I would like to see this option as Sims has always been light years ahead of other games with gender (except Izzy is taking our gems and giving us all clothing we cannot use - what is that all about?) If players don’t want the option, they can play without using it or go play any other app game where there’s no choice in family set up.
  • BoronoreBoronore Posts: 1 New Member
    So are y’all making the suggestion just for the sake of it, or what? How exactly do you expect the game to implement the feature? If a person is born a man, and then opts for gender reassignment, and identifies as a woman, isn’t that person now a woman? So how is a male Sim who started out as a female Sim supposed to be different from one who was created as a male Sim? Isn’t it up to player to come up with a back story? Are y’all wanting surgery scars or something? Because you can already freely change the gender of a Sim under appearance. What extra step are y’all hoping for? A special icon to mark your Sim as transgender man instead of an actual man? Isn’t the point that once people transition, they become their desired gender, not “something else?”
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Those of you who are hating on the idea just for the sake of bullying people who are different from you, real life has nonbinary people in it. I knew they existed when I was in first grade back in the 1970s. This is not a new topic, folks. And those of us who are cisgender (not trans) might want to make celebrities like Caitlyn Jenner or Chaz Bono in the game. Get a sense of humor. A life where everyone is the same would be very, very boring.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • BramBram Posts: 25 Member
    I don't support this
  • SimKenzieSimKenzie Posts: 31 Member
    As a feature, I support this. But would devs see this suggestion? Maybe post it on EA Answers HQ?
  • SyrenaeSyrenae Posts: 6 New Member
    Really would love this option. For some it'd be easier to realistically create themselves or come to terms with it.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Boronore wrote: »
    So are y’all making the suggestion just for the sake of it, or what? How exactly do you expect the game to implement the feature? If a person is born a man, and then opts for gender reassignment, and identifies as a woman, isn’t that person now a woman? So how is a male Sim who started out as a female Sim supposed to be different from one who was created as a male Sim? Isn’t it up to player to come up with a back story? Are y’all wanting surgery scars or something? Because you can already freely change the gender of a Sim under appearance. What extra step are y’all hoping for? A special icon to mark your Sim as transgender man instead of an actual man? Isn’t the point that once people transition, they become their desired gender, not “something else?”

i don't know how the mobile game works, but i'm pretty sure op is just asking for the custom gender options that are already in the pc game.
    tumblr_p6xy4i5Yy81v707rto3_r1_500.png
    that's how it would be implemented.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• TheRealXtremeTVTheRealXtremeTV Posts: 17 Member
    @Poltergeist I agree! The custom gender settings would work better to support a transgender feature. :smile:
  • Leilani19Leilani19 Posts: 2 New Member
    Nope.
  • Leilani19Leilani19 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="darkpiro;c-16379012"]I would like to apologize for my comment earlier. It was too aggressive. My thoughts on this matter is why do games like this have to include a huge liberal based ideology when it comes to gender. In all iteration of this game there were two genders, male or female. And in each game you could marry either gender. Why do you need to have something in this for pride when they already includes homosexuality within it? Catering solely to a specific community would be a huge turn off for this game. But that's my two cents. [/quote]

I agree with your original comment.
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    Anyone else noticed/said there's an option for two men to have a baby together? I thought it was so great. I wanted my sim to continue his bloodeline/DNA but I got him to marry another male NPC. They had a daughter who I'm now currently playing. Much to my pleasure :D
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    edited April 2018
    Boronore wrote: »

i don't know how the mobile game works, but i'm pretty sure op is just asking for the custom gender options that are already in the pc game.
    tumblr_p6xy4i5Yy81v707rto3_r1_500.png
    that's how it would be implemented.

Your idea is great. I was born a woman and will forever be but I really like this idea. I would still play a game with this feature built in. It allows other people to understand what the LBGT community have to Go through. You can already marry another women in the game, same with a male sim with another male sim. Why not go further?
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    The Sims mobile cas is already so limited. I'm not sure how it would work outside of allowing cas items to be worn by both genders. I'm only saying that because the mobile game is pretty basic. Can't even have a proper family.
  • MilaZomareMilaZomare Posts: 16 New Member
    Never knew trans was an option in the Sims 4, but awesome to know! Since it's been implemented in another Sims game, it shouldn't be too difficult for it to be worked in later on. Honestly, it sounds like a cool thing to play around with and would help a lot of other users feel more represented.
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    That would be cool...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • CoorulCoorul Posts: 18 Member
    Even on sims 3 on my phone ten years ago you can have a relationship with anyone, man or woman, and I always admired that about sims. I noticed on sims mobile you can change any of your sims genders at anytime, so I think that’s cool.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Coorul wrote: »
    Even on sims 3 on my phone ten years ago you can have a relationship with anyone, man or woman, and I always admired that about sims. I noticed on sims mobile you can change any of your sims genders at anytime, so I think that’s cool.

You will get a whole new sim if you change gender. I tried it. it does not flip the same sim from male to female or visa versa
  • CoorulCoorul Posts: 18 Member
    Awww nuts. I haven’t tried it, so I didn’t know that
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Coorul wrote: »
    Awww nuts. I haven’t tried it, so I didn’t know that

I know! It does not work like the PC game.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2018
    Transgender in a mobile game no thank you. I am not a huge fan of it in TS4.
    Some things on TS4 I don’t like either, but I find that not using the features I’m not crazy about helps :smile: I don’t see why making the game more enjoyable for a group of people would detract from someone else’s experience, and I have faith the devs share my opinion, seeing the work they’re doing on the main game. Fingers crossed!

(BTW, Christina Aguilera has been a fierce LGBT advocate for almost 20 years now, seeing a gif of her is almost as nice as seeing rainbow flags at Pride, thank you for the smile!)
    I am not a fan of it in a game I never said I was against it in real life but turning a game into a real life thing crosses the line how I play. I deal with that in TS4 but I don’t have to like that feature I find offensive to me. I don’t choose to make my sim transgender I don’t want to see it in any of my neighborhoods but it’s been in it already.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • AppyellaAppyella Posts: 3 New Member
    I love this idea, but even beyond that, can we please please please get a non-binary option?! I am non-cis individual- I don’t identify as male or female exclusively. Some call it genderqueer. I would love a neutral option! I am however happy that queer relationships are supported in the mobile app though, thank you for at least going there. Also, to the haters, it’s not that hard to explain to a child. Here is how simple it is: some people are she, some he, and some are they. It’s literally that easy. My youngest sibling is 4 and even he understands.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I think this would be an interesting addition, but agree that it might be difficult to implement since TSM is an extremely basic form of the game compared to TS4.

At the very least, I'd like to see the gender tags removed from clothing as I feel like it'll be a simple coding change. I was really disappointed to see how limited things like makeup and jewelry are for male Sims...they get to wear 1 necklace, really? They can wear diamonds if they want to...
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • LinAgata5LinAgata5 Posts: 1 New Member
    Definetely yes.
    And I have something to say to people who are against it.

1. Sims is about creating custom characters. This is the idea behind the game. Why should other players feel limited in their creative power just because you guys hate trans people? You don't like trans characters - you don't need to make them then. I will make them.

2. This is not about pride. I am not trans and has never ever questioned my gender by I have around trans 20 characters in TS4 on PC. Why? Because I am interested in creating all kinds of different characters. I do not focus on the fact that they are trans I just really like the androgyny look. The game would not be the same without this possibility.

3. You guys don't care about how others feel. You don't care about what others might need in the game. You literally think that because you don't like trans characters nobody should be allowed to make them. What a terrible way of thinking...
  • SheenOmalleySheenOmalley Posts: 10 New Member
    TransGender AND Same Sex Couples ABSOLUTELY! This is our real world. A strong supporter of LGBT Persons, we have many in our family! I think it will send a positive message to open things up! I've had a Lesbian Couple (Unable to marry, but able to adopt a child) and a Gay SIM. Wanted to make a TransGender Sim. It is to make a Female flat chested (it's in the BODY part of the SIM Design) & give the females BUTCH or LIPSTICK appearance. But limitations on the clothing available stops that. Perhaps the addition of unisex clothing or allow all clothing available regardless of the sex of the sim. Will help.
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    I don't understand what you mean by transgender. Sorry if this is offensive but 1)I haven't played The Sims 4 so I don't understand the references to that and...
    2)When you say transgender do you mean making Sims with the characteristics of both sexes? If so isn't that intersex and not transgender which are not the same thing?

I guess my question is since you can already change the sex of Sims and same sex couples can have biological babies with their DNA even though this is physically impossible in the real world isn't that already transgender?
    I'm speaking of the scientific explanation of transgenderism not the way the term is used colloquially. A sim which is neither male nor female biologically from creation would be intersex. If you give it cosmetic surgery but it's still biologically it's original sex that's transgenderism. So is that what is being requested?
    Would that be an operation performed as part of the medical story? Because I don't think there are life stories about self discovery so I guess it would have to be an additional category.