Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A POSSIBLE COMPETITOR FOR THE SIMS SERIES [LEGITIMATE]

BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
edited June 2018 in Off Topic Chat
I came across this new life simulator (it's in development) called Trinity: Mysterious System. Unlike Project Vie (which was a disappointment), it's a legitimate game. I'm not sure how long it was in development for or when it's release date is. I also don't know much about to come check for yourselves:

https://youtube.com/channel/UCq8v_wYWpXaXgAFoSxlFaow/featured

https://twitter.com/trinitymsgame

trinityvideogame.com/en/

https://facebook.com/trinitymsgame/

NOTE: It states that characters can have children. I believe aging will also be included. The setting of this game is going to take place on a planet called Trinity. This game is focused on "peace" (unlike a lot of current games). And it's much more than a life simulator! A It's going to be an SiFi/adventure/life simulator/exploring/strategy/possibly RPG type game!

My Opinion:

The graphics look much better than Sims 4. I hope this game includes a plentiful amount of content and focus on family life, unlike Sims 4. (And hope they don't rip us off with money-grabbing, empty stuff/game/expansion packs, just like the Sims 4)
Post edited by BuzzBuzz on

Comments

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Fascinating!!!
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Nice but I don't think EA has anything to worry about.
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    Nice but I don't think EA has anything to worry about.

That's true.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's probably too early in development for EA to consider. Of course, there was a time we didn't think Cities Skylines would come to anything and it's blown Sim Cities out of the water.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's probably too early in development for EA to consider. Of course, there was a time we didn't think Cities Skylines would come to anything and it's blown Sim Cities out of the water.

Hmm I guess we'll have to wait and see! ;) (You're right though)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It looks like something in the alpha stage. It's going to need a lot more work to look impressive
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Based on this tweet, it does look like it has seasons from the start though, lol

Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I looked at their site and their tweets and I have to say: this is a very ambitious undertaking. They have a lot of things planned for it for such a small team.

They're going to need to put a lot of effort and marketing to get this off the ground. I'd love to have it succeed, though.

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Looks cool but I've seen a lot of similar game concepts fall through. Hope this one goes all the way.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Looks interesting. Very different from Sims, mind you - set characters, strong emphasis on exploration and discovery. Seems to be more pick-one-character-to-live-this-experience-with. Which is fine. I'm not sure it would be so much a "competitor" as a game with overlapping space.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    As much as I'd like a competitor (healthy competition between companies is great for the customers), I don't think this will be it :*
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Looks interesting. Very different from Sims, mind you - set characters, strong emphasis on exploration and discovery. Seems to be more pick-one-character-to-live-this-experience-with. Which is fine. I'm not sure it would be so much a "competitor" as a game with overlapping space.

I looked through the site and they did mention allowing you to create your own characters somewhere. The predefined characters seem to be more of a starting point. Although not a lot has been implemented so far.

• HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    I'll be honest. The 3D characters looks creepy, animation looks awkward and lighting/shading in game seems to need a lot of work. The gameplay concept might be considered as the "competitor" since that is what lacking in Sims 4 (yeah, sims 4 is boring af) so I'll still look forward to it and give it a try. Maybe i can waive all the graphical issue.
    Heidr wrote: »
    I'll be honest. The 3D characters looks creepy, animation looks awkward and lighting/shading in game seems to need a lot of work. The gameplay concept might be considered as the "competitor" since that is what lacking in Sims 4 (yeah, sims 4 is boring plum) so I'll still look forward to it and give it a try. Maybe i can waive all the graphical issue.

I agree. The skin looks too matte, and the animations could use more fluidity. Overall it needs a lot more work, but if they ever come up with an actual product, I'd love to try it out.

edited June 2018
    @icmnfrsh @Heidr The graphics may not be perfect (the game is still in development so animation would defiantly be better throughout progress, I hope) but I still prefer it over Sims 4. Sims 4 is too blocky and cartoonish in my opinion. The Sims look like virtual Barbie dolls. The skin is plastic-like, the hair is just play dough, and the textures are horrible.
    edited June 2018

Would include some of the Sims elements such as raising children and aging but yes totally different from the Sims. I thought it could make a possible competitor but I'm not really sure. Maybe not, though.
    True. Sims 4 is a bit cartoony for my taste. This one looks promising, but it has a long way to go.

icmnfrsh wrote: »
    True. Sims 4 is a bit cartoony for my taste. This one looks promising, but it has a long way to go.

Agreed!
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't really like the look of it tbh, I really love the sims 4 as it's so different to other games. I wouldn't like it if it was too realistic. It's nice to see someone having a go at asimilar game though.
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I don't really like the look of it tbh, I really love the sims 4 as it's so different to other games. I wouldn't like it if it was too realistic. It's nice to see someone having a go at asimilar game though.

It is good to see a game with Sims elements. Do you like the cartoony graphics of Sims 4?
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Heidr wrote: »
    I'll be honest. The 3D characters looks creepy, animation looks awkward and lighting/shading in game seems to need a lot of work. The gameplay concept might be considered as the "competitor" since that is what lacking in Sims 4 (yeah, sims 4 is boring plum) so I'll still look forward to it and give it a try. Maybe i can waive all the graphical issue.

I found the characters distasteful, almost goulish. The landscape lacks depth. Not attracted to it as of yet.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Sounds more like a Sims 4 history challenge then a new life simulator
    6adMCGP.gif
  • HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    Eh, well. I'm putting aside all the "taste" and bias. Sims 4 graphic is at least attractive and charming. The cartoony design suit the comical animation. The Rendering is nice and everything (As expected from an Triple A developer). But the gameplay design is way too repetitive and dull (even if you compare it to TS2 and TS3).

This new competitor, they seems to have decent and promising gameplay concept. If this become an actual product and it is indeed surpass the gameplay of sims, it will become a worthy opponent. Alas, improving graphic won't be hard since there are a lot of great modeller/animator/rigger/modder out there.

by then, EA have to make sure they can create a solution to their boring/repetitive gameplay, else, their product will absolutely losing to Indie Developers. Could be this one, could be another.
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    edited October 2018
    Definitely not a competitor to the Sims.
    You may love or you may not love The Sims 4 animation, but at least you have to admit, that it has its own harmony. However, this game is far from "realistic" too, because the real hair and skin don't look like that, unless it's a wall poster in the barbershop.
    And not talking about what we see, I had a talk with one of the people who work on the game. And they truly have a problem with accepting criticism, because once you say something different from "Wow, your game looks gorgeous, can't wait it to be released!", you're immediately claimed as a "hater" with such phrases as "Haters gonna hate" or "Stop throwing carp at us!!!!!!!" to follow. They can get mad at simple questions like why they don't have followers, and they'd say: "It's hard!!!! We work alone!" forgetting, that there are projects, made by one person, and they have their audience.
    To me, with such an attitude towards criticism and advices, they won't go far.