Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help? How long do NPC related to your household stay?

Ok, I know as of today how long retired Sims stick around after being retired but I have the following predicament: last night around 6.pm i aged up a child by accident who i was waiting to age until Olivia (current oldest sim in household) finished her hobby story (currently level nine of hobby). How long will the new adult stick around until I can promote them to the active household? I know when the game first came you would have to promote then within a certain amount of time or they basically said you needed to move on, but don’t know in this new version? Thanks for any help on this in advance....here’s hoping i dont have to eat cupcakes like a mad person...
I have big big plans for young Gabriela...

Comments

• FaeFae Posts: 37 Member
    If you click your family portrait, I believe there is an option to “move out” a sim if they follow the requirements.
  • zoeisabeliazoeisabelia Posts: 67 Member
    Thats the thing I don’t want her to move out, I want to keep her, but in the previous versions of the game I know you had a limited amount of time before you either had to promote thrm to playable or move them out. Thats what I want o avoid. I want to,know so if I have little time left, I will just rush through thr last level of the hobby of the oldest sim (i already have the option to do it but haven’t done so because I want to finish her hobby first)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't know how it works now. I do know that elders stay about 5 days and then they move out aka disappear forever.
    When my elder was ready to "move out", a birthday cake appeared on their head. As I have seen on children, making sim playable is still possible if they have birthday cake bubble on their head.
  • Shirokiti1001Shirokiti1001 Posts: 3 New Member
    How do I kick someone from my house
  • LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    AFAIK, retirement and move out is the only way.

I think moving out now is only through going to the family portrait and tapping move out. The timer is not as apparent anymore.
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.
    How do I kick someone from my house

If sim is a NPC in your family, click on the family portrait (picture that is on the sofa when you begin the game), click on the sim and choose Move Out. Divorcing will automatically move them out.
    If sim is a playable sim, you can't move them out. Either remake the sim or retire them when they announce they can. Retirement is unlocked in level 16. Sim must collect all 4 traits and do the events until they are ready to retire. After you retire your sim, the sim will become an elder and unplayable, so you can move them out (because they're still in the household). If about 5 days pass, the elder will display a birthday cake. Clicking on it will give you an option to move elder out.
    After moving an elder out, the Previous Generation button becomes avalible in the family portrait. Clicking on it will display the elders you are never going to see again by generations.
  • missmerizemissmerize Posts: 42 Member
    > @EgonVM said:
    > Shirokiti1001 wrote: »
    >
    > How do I kick someone from my house
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If sim is a NPC in your family, click on the family portrait (picture that is on the sofa when you begin the game), click on the sim and choose Move Out. Divorcing will automatically move them out.
    > If sim is a playable sim, you can't move them out. Either remake the sim or retire them when they announce they can. Retirement is unlocked in level 16. Sim must collect all 4 traits and do the events until they are ready to retire. After you retire your sim, the sim will become an elder and unplayable, so you can move them out (because they're still in the household). If about 5 days pass, the elder will display a birthday cake. Clicking on it will give you an option to move elder out.
    > After moving an elder out, the Previous Generation button becomes avalible in the family portrait. Clicking on it will display the elders you are never going to see again by generations.

what if the previous generation is a teenager? are teenagers playable (guessing not)?
    missmerize wrote: »
    > @EgonVM said:
    > Shirokiti1001 wrote: »
    >
    > How do I kick someone from my house
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If sim is a NPC in your family, click on the family portrait (picture that is on the sofa when you begin the game), click on the sim and choose Move Out. Divorcing will automatically move them out.
    > If sim is a playable sim, you can't move them out. Either remake the sim or retire them when they announce they can. Retirement is unlocked in level 16. Sim must collect all 4 traits and do the events until they are ready to retire. After you retire your sim, the sim will become an elder and unplayable, so you can move them out (because they're still in the household). If about 5 days pass, the elder will display a birthday cake. Clicking on it will give you an option to move elder out.
    > After moving an elder out, the Previous Generation button becomes avalible in the family portrait. Clicking on it will display the elders you are never going to see again by generations.

what if the previous generation is a teenager? are teenagers playable (guessing not)?

Sorry to tell this, but there are no teens in The Sims Mobile. Children age up to adults and that's it. There are no life stages between.
    The unplayable adults are just there to be either moved out or made playable if a sim slot is bought or freed up. You can also make children playable, but this will first age up the child to adult.
  • BlueWizardRobBlueWizardRob Posts: 102 Member
    [quote="zoeisabelia;d-937414"]Ok, I know as of today how long retired Sims stick around after being retired but I have the following predicament: last night around 6.pm i aged up a child by accident who i was waiting to age until Olivia (current oldest sim in household) finished her hobby story (currently level nine of hobby). How long will the new adult stick around until I can promote them to the active household? I know when the game first came you would have to promote then within a certain amount of time or they basically said you needed to move on, but don’t know in this new version? Thanks for any help on this in advance....here’s hoping i dont have to eat cupcakes like a mad person...
    I have big big plans for young Gabriela...[/quote]

You’ve probably already figured it out, but just so everyone can find the answer, it seems like children you age up to adults will stick around your house forever. You can kick them out if you want them to leave or you can make them playable which will eventually lead to retirement, but if you don’t do those things, they stick around.
  • TurquoiseOilLadyTurquoiseOilLady Posts: 3 New Member
    AFAIK??
  • BlueWizardRobBlueWizardRob Posts: 102 Member
    AFAIK??

As Far As I Know (AFAIK)
  • lowteacuplowteacup Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="BlueWizardRob;c-16431419"]

[quote="zoeisabelia;d-937414"]Ok, I know as of today how long retired Sims stick around after being retired but I have the following predicament: last night around 6.pm i aged up a child by accident who i was waiting to age until Olivia (current oldest sim in household) finished her hobby story (currently level nine of hobby). How long will the new adult stick around until I can promote them to the active household? I know when the game first came you would have to promote then within a certain amount of time or they basically said you needed to move on, but don’t know in this new version? Thanks for any help on this in advance....here’s hoping i dont have to eat cupcakes like a mad person...

You’ve probably already figured it out, but just so everyone can find the answer, it seems like children you age up to adults will stick around your house forever. You can kick them out if you want them to leave or you can make them playable which will eventually lead to retirement, but if you don’t do those things, they stick around. [/quote]

Does this mean unplayable sims won't age up at all after they've become an adult?
    [quote="BlueWizardRob;c-16431419"]

You’ve probably already figured it out, but just so everyone can find the answer, it seems like children you age up to adults will stick around your house forever. You can kick them out if you want them to leave or you can make them playable which will eventually lead to retirement, but if you don’t do those things, they stick around. [/quote]

does this also mean unplayable sims don't retire on their own or become elders/old? but stay as adults? because i don't want my first generation of sims to have children older than them (yes, still not retiring my first set of sims
  • CoorulCoorul Posts: 18 Member
    @Iowteacup I left adult children in my house for a long time. I don’t want to move them out because they have the good upbringing trait. I just made them playable when I finished whatever story i was finishing with my last sims. I’m pretty sure they don’t start aging until you make them playable.
    > @Coorul said:
    > @Iowteacup I left adult children in my house for a long time. I don’t want to move them out because they have the good upbringing trait. I just made them playable when I finished whatever story i was finishing with my last sims. I’m pretty sure they don’t start aging until you make them playable.

Thanks a lot @Coorul I'm just so attached to my current sims I don't wanna get rid of them just yet while of course trying to make them look as legit of a family as possible. Again, thanks!
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    One of my playable sims is having a relationship with a sim that was already part of the game as a club owner in the Downtown area district. My question is .. can that sim ( meaning the sim with no diamond)be able to move into the household and if so .. how?
    TTKIncorporated
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @TTKINCORPORATED

You have to be at level 8 to ask a sim to move in. You might want to check the origin forum for further assistance. Some claim there is a known bug with NPC and not being able to move them in. This bug could be effecting your game.
  • Themummyof4Themummyof4 Posts: 53 Member
    One of my playable sims is having a relationship with a sim that was already part of the game as a club owner in the Downtown area district. My question is .. can that sim ( meaning the sim with no diamond)be able to move into the household and if so .. how?

I did that several times. If you have an open slot, they'll move in as soon as you marry them.
  • LadyBug080808LadyBug080808 Posts: 8 New Member
    Help!! I just created two new Sims (wasn't my original plan, but it was late at night and I made a rash decision) and I got them married and they're currently in soulmate relationship stage 4. Would it be possible to get them divorced and move the ex wife out of the house? I'd rather make the retired Sims' daughter playable and marry her to the new guy.