Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLICK AND SIGN HERE if you are furious with the lack of attention Mac users are getting!

Comments

• Moo13Moo13 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Singed. at least tell us you messed up with this WA expansion. But no sense of responsibility, sigh.
  • SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited November 2009
    coffeesim wrote:
    Signed!

Does anyone know if there has been a comment from the so called "gurus" since August in this forum? It really seems as if they do not care much.

We have been around quite a bit trying our hardest to address as many issues as possible. I guarantee you that the issues Mac users are experiencing have been and are continued to be worked on as quickly and efficiently as possible so we can get the latest updates pushed out to our users.
  • Papillon14Papillon14 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2009
    /signed
  • DataWizardDataWizard Posts: 35 New Member
    edited November 2009
    SimGuruBrent (and all other EA Sims 3 Staff Members), we greatly appreciate all your hard work in the past, and I think alot of us (at least I do) understand how hard it can be to find strange bugs such as this, and kill them. That being said, however, something as critical as predictable and repeated crashing of a game is 1,000 times more important than an expansion pack. If half of the mac users can't even play the game as is, how many of those users do you think will go out and buy an expansion pack for a game they can't even play?

Depending on how this all works out, I may not be buying another "Mac Compatible" EA game for a loooong time.
  • SimCooleoSimCooleo Posts: 99 New Member
    edited November 2009
    coffeesim wrote:
    Signed!

Does anyone know if there has been a comment from the so called "gurus" since August in this forum? It really seems as if they do not care much.

We have been around quite a bit trying our hardest to address as many issues as possible. I guarantee you that the issues Mac users are experiencing have been and are continued to be worked on as quickly and efficiently as possible so we can get the latest updates pushed out to our users.

Thank you for always trying your best on mac issues. I don't have any problems with The Sims 3, but so many others do. Can you please do something about the mac issues in the forum?
  • KattoonKattoon Posts: 2
    edited November 2009
    signed!!

Very upset! I am also upset at GameTree Online for not posting the Need Patch to Play game info when you go to purchase the game. They are being just as deceptive. Had I known that I would have to wait for a patch to play the game, I would have never purchased it in the first place.

Shame on Game Tree for not posting the information. Shame on EA for not providing the patch and giving us the same attention as the PC users.
  • Thorne2050Thorne2050 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2009
    It seems that in addition to signing here a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau would be helpful. At least for those in the United States http://www.bbb.org/us or Canada http://www.bbb.org/canada

My downloaded copy does not work either. After three days EA has yet to respond to my email, which is how I ended up finding about the issue here. GameTreeOnline has been responsive but I have told them that they should pull the game until the patch is released and that I will expect a full refund if EA does not deliver a working patch by Friday, November 27. GameTreeOnline has responded that they will continue to sell World Adventures believing that EA will release a patch early this week. While I disagree with this business decision I sincerely hope that they are correct.
  • FranseinFransein Posts: 6
    edited November 2009
    Sign me up
  • MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited November 2009
    Thorne2050 wrote:
    It seems that in addition to signing here a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau would be helpful. At least for those in the United States http://www.bbb.org/us or Canada http://www.bbb.org/canada

My downloaded copy does not work either. After three days EA has yet to respond to my email, which is how I ended up finding about the issue here. GameTreeOnline has been responsive but I have told them that they should pull the game until the patch is released and that I will expect a full refund if EA does not deliver a working patch by Friday, November 27. GameTreeOnline has responded that they will continue to sell World Adventures believing that EA will release a patch early this week. While I disagree with this business decision I sincerely hope that they are correct.

Yep! BBB is a good idea; I already sent them an e-mail... haven't gotten an answer yet though and I'm located in Europe so I don't know if it's valid or not.
  • SimCooleoSimCooleo Posts: 99 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Michabean wrote:
    Thorne2050 wrote:

Yep! BBB is a good idea; I already sent them an e-mail... haven't gotten an answer yet though and I'm located in Europe so I don't know if it's valid or not.

BBB only works if you live in the US or Canada.

mysig_611983730.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BeckBeck09BeckBeck09 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2009
    SIGNED!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ridiculous
  • minersminers Posts: 12 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed!

no CAW, buggy games, and always number 2. Sick of it I haven't even played my game in like 3 months now because of all these bugs while saving and quitting. uhhhhhh!
  • LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited December 2009
    We're moving close to a month after it's release, and I still can't play it...
  • gatitavelisgatitavelis Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    I don't know if anyone has posted this subject, but I just noticed that the new feature create a world (or something like that) would be available for PC only. WHY???? I'm furious with EA, and I even decided I'm not gonna buy any more expansions or new game.... grrr
  • MoiSim51MoiSim51 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I can't play my game at all any more. I am once again trying to uninstall and reinstall everything, but that seems so crude and extreme. And it might not work anyway. It kind of takes the fun out of the game when you can't play it!
  • DerekSDerekS Posts: 24 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed! I was disgusted that I bought the game and couldn't play _FOR A MONTH_ due to Disc Authentication Error.

Absurd.
  • skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited December 2009

Sadly, mac customers don't seem to matter to EA. That is the way I feel ...

All I have is a mac because I'm poor and that's the hand me down my
    family can give to me.

Oddly 'nuff, ok?

Anyway ...

I cannot figure out how to make the latest patch work well, I finally got it to
    launch but things I bought at the store are not showing up in the game.

Also I'd like to buy World Adventures Expansion Pack but cannot find it.

Message says its available for download but I cannot find it ... the best I can find
    is a message from the Store on the buy page that doesn't make much sense, it
    says that the physical product (what is the "physical product"?) is available
    for both PC and Mac but the one from the Store is only available for PC.

Yet the message says it is available for digital download.

Maybe EA could post a link where we could buy it.

I don't understand why the Store doesn't have a mac version to get.

Anyway I'm tired and not having a good day so I'm a bit grumpy sorry, but it would
    be nice to be cared for as much as PC people are cared for.

• anthchnganthchng Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed!!
    Absolutely agreed!!!
  • firekitty500firekitty500 Posts: 102 New Member
    edited December 2009
    UUUHHHGGH can I sign up twice?! this is getting ridiculous!! I'm tired of jumping through hoops just to have my sim hair work, I'm tired of fearing the next patch, I'm tired of wondering if I should get world adventures for fear of my sims disappearing or likewise, I just want my game to work on my new macbook!!! is that so hard?!!?!
  • carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited December 2009
    i bought a expresso machine and its asking me to cook a meal? horrible. shoot I evn click on the counter and asks for cooking a meal. :(

I gave up on making a movie all together because of the lack of support . sign me up!
  • CharisseNicole87CharisseNicole87 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have been experiencing nothing but issues with my copy of the sims 3. I have had my profile deleted from the server randomly (an "accident" which no one could explain to me, although I did get a bonus $30 worth of stuff out of the issue), my installer won't load, my CC from thesims3.com won't install, and even after uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing disk permissions, making a new account and installing it there, I STILL am having nothing but issues. I have invested far too much money into the game and my computer for me to be told that there is "nothing" that can be done and have more money tossed at me like money will fix the problem. I WANT TO PLAY!!!
  • HeartHeart Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    The whole thing with EA and Mac makes me sick. It's not just for the Sims but every game they turn out. No support, no interest, no response. Period. And it goes on forever. I am sick of the company. Since I installed Mac OS 10.6, the Sims doesn't work anymore. I have spent hours trying many, many fixes suggested by various people on various different forums... but none of them work.

EA has a history of being clueless about a lot of things, but their ignoring of those with Apple computers is legendary... and amazingly, they've heard this for years and years, but have never done anything about it. Given Mac's increasing market share of PC users, I think EA might consider waking up. But I doubt it. I'm just going to stop playing their games, starting with Sims 3. ... On the other hand, it doesn't work on my computer anymore, so they've basically made the decision for me. No more EA games.
  • lake420lake420 Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    SIGNED....but will they take notice?
  • JTGJustinJTGJustin Posts: 109 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Signed. I'm furious about EA not giving CAW to us Mac users. MACS ARE FOR CREATIVITY! PC's are for work! Get your act together EA, you use macs yourself. You show them off in the background of every developer walkthrough you make. So if you're showing them off, let US use them. We paid more for a mac, is it that difficult to give us what the cheapskates are getting?
  • KikiSimKikiSim Posts: 13 New Member
    edited December 2009
    We need to get this forum thread and Alexroz9's to EA. How long will they ignore us?! I'm signing.