Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's official- No hail this time

Comments

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    loutredor wrote: »
    Waow.
    I'm starting to get really disappointed with this pack.
    I live in France and hail is extremely frequent here, especially during winter. It hails way more often than it rains.
    But oh well.
    It's not like I am super surprised or anything.
    Clearly the focus of this pack wasn't on weather.

Which is strange for a pack named seasons. Seasons are usually easily differentiated by the weather.

That's cool, I didn't know some places there is more hail than rain.

I know right? my last sentence was half ironic tbh.
    Well I've grown up in the South of France and now I've been living in Paris for a long time and I can testify hail is just as frequent in both places :s
    Lol, I live in the opposite side of the Mediterranean sea and hail is also quite common here. I can tell from how loud it is compared to actual rain. Now there is no more hail in Sims which is... odd. To say the least. Not exactly the best life simulator anymore.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2018
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Wow, did they really say that they focused the most on summer? If so that's kinda disappointing. I know the pack is being released in the summer and all, but the basegame is basically eternal summer.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    Another disappointment. The trade off being FX fog doesn't seem fair. What about the game play? Why bother having rain at this point?

Hail didn’t do anything in previous games except add a new death type and had sims react to the hail by being pelted by it. Hail didn’t really do anything in previous games so they probably left it out this time because they probably didn’t think it was necessary. They saved that little extra time and resources they would’ve spent on hail and adding proper reactions to hail to make other parts of the pack more detailed.

Hail wasn’t that big of a deal. Snow depth wasn’t that big of a deal. Yet, all of these “no big deal” omissions are starting to add up.

My question remains, and I mean this in the most non-toxic/bashing way, what are they spending their resources on over these basic weather effects? I really hope we find the answer soon.
    This. Some people are even saying they don’t have it where they live, honestly that’s not a valid argument. People keep saying to spend their resources else where, but at this point what are they? At some point, “spending resources elsewhere” just isn’t good enough.

I want to know where the resources went.

Also I rarely get hail and never snow here and I want those in sims because sims is a game. If I only did real stuff on my game I guess I'd have to get rid of a lot including vampires.

And what's the problem with options? Options mean people that don't want it don't get it while the rest can enjoy it without having to spend $20 on a vacation pack then $20 for hail and let's not forget a part of fall is in another pack for $10
    It's weird, EA seems to really be against gameplay options this time around. I remember TS3 had a toggle for close to every weather effect, moon cycle, life state, age sliders, etc. I feel like some checkboxes would be a fair middle ground.

Here is the tweet.

It says winter is great the team invested a lot in summer. If the kiddie pool is why we have no jail or snow or suntan....

I loved the options. I always activated everything because I love everything.
    Yubell wrote: »
    Why am I not surprised? It seems the closer we get to launch the more setbacks we encounter, I could excuse the snow depth but this is just lazy it's like they got to winter and just couldn't be bothered anymore so they'll just pour a bucket of white paint on the ground and hope and pray it appeases the fans. If they can't be bothered to give us basic features of winter is this pack really worth the money? when I can download a free mod that looks nearly identical to the weather we have here. Winter is my favourite season I never really cared for the others when I played the Sims 2 and 3 so I'll pass on this pack.

Same here. There is also a mod for sun tan and sunburn which they couldn't include for the amazing summer...
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Wow, did they really say that they focused the most on summer? If so that's kinda disappointing. I know the pack is being released in the summer and all, but the basegame is basically eternal summer.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    Another disappointment. The trade off being FX fog doesn't seem fair. What about the game play? Why bother having rain at this point?

Hail didn’t do anything in previous games except add a new death type and had sims react to the hail by being pelted by it. Hail didn’t really do anything in previous games so they probably left it out this time because they probably didn’t think it was necessary. They saved that little extra time and resources they would’ve spent on hail and adding proper reactions to hail to make other parts of the pack more detailed.

Hail wasn’t that big of a deal. Snow depth wasn’t that big of a deal. Yet, all of these “no big deal” omissions are starting to add up.

My question remains, and I mean this in the most non-toxic/bashing way, what are they spending their resources on over these basic weather effects? I really hope we find the answer soon.
    This. Some people are even saying they don’t have it where they live, honestly that’s not a valid argument. People keep saying to spend their resources else where, but at this point what are they? At some point, “spending resources elsewhere” just isn’t good enough.

I want to know where the resources went.

Also I rarely get hail and never snow here and I want those in sims because sims is a game. If I only did real stuff on my game I guess I'd have to get rid of a lot including vampires.

And what's the problem with options? Options mean people that don't want it don't get it while the rest can enjoy it without having to spend $20 on a vacation pack then $20 for hail and let's not forget a part of fall is in another pack for $10
    It's weird, EA seems to really be against gameplay options this time around. I remember TS3 had a toggle for close to every weather effect, moon cycle, life state, age sliders, etc. I feel like some checkboxes would be a fair middle ground.

Here is the tweet.

It says winter is great the team invested a lot in summer. If the kiddie pool is why we have no jail or snow or suntan....

I loved the options. I always activated everything because I love everything.

Well that makes no sense, but it’s pretty expected when it comes to this game. Not like summer has been the only season in the game for years, and it’s not like they haven’t already made tons of summer time content.... but let’s just focus on making more summer content for this pack that’s introducing three other barebones seasons.

Who is in charge here? Grant? Like how do you make a seasons pack, and then say oh yeah we really focused on the season that’s been in the game since we launched it 4 years ago. Here I thought EP’s were getting better, but here we see that’s actually not true. They still have downright terrible leadership at the top making really poorly chosen decisions.

What worries me. Right now summer seems super empty so what did the other seasons get?

I thought so too after the vampire pack and parenthood and then the disappointment came flooding back. Imho sims 4 has always failed the worst when it comes to expansions, incredibly empty and shallow.

You are right, we have so many summer packs already but they don't seem to have done a good job focusing on summer either since there isn't even sunburn which screams summer.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Yeah I really don't get how they could put so much focus into summer. It's always been there and nearly everything we have so far is summer oriented. Yet there's still no loungechairs or tanning.

I hope they don't piecemeal this like Cats & Dogs and My First Pet Stuff. Inb4 a "Winter Activities/Festivities" SP.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Reksoh wrote: »
    hail is basic? maybe in certain places but I dont think its a very common type of weather. I have experienced earthquakes, blizzards, heatwaves, and severe flooding where I live but the last time it hailed here was 10 years ago.

I live in the Caribbean, I never see snow, but I still expect a fleshed out seasons pack.

• SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2018
    wait...what?! not even lounge chairs?! :o how is it possible? What's next? Again a 9.99 pack that will contain what's missing from the EP?

Later edit: sorry I was too shocked, I know the topic is about hail. So with no snow depth, no tan, no hail, no lounge chairs, no beach, no...what else?
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    Wait so no snow depth, no hail and no sunburns??
    I don't understand why they think it's okay to leave out the basic seasonal things to focus on other aspects which aren't the reason why we were so excited about this ep. I feel like the focus should be on different types of weather before anything else.

And didn't they say there's no new world so they could focus more on the seasons? I'm not sure what they meant by that now... seasons as in what? It's definitely not the weather.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    They need to fix this now.
    7lbz0TP.png
    We can see there's already an animation that can go well with hail. They just need to add the hail as the rain cuz apparently it's just a ''screen'' like in TS2. It's pure laziness from this team! Fix this!
    Lu4ERme.gif
    I'm shocked to see that in 2018 with all the technology we have a company can still give us poor, rushed, rubbish game/dlcs like that. I'm really upset, angry and sick of their madness.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    How is this even possible!

No hail, no big deal, but where was that raining fish that I requested!

The Sims Game
    edited June 2018
    auramaris wrote: »
    Wait so no snow depth, no hail and no sunburns??
    I don't understand why they think it's okay to leave out the basic seasonal things to focus on other aspects which aren't the reason why we were so excited about this ep. I feel like the focus should be on different types of weather before anything else.

And didn't they say there's no new world so they could focus more on the seasons? I'm not sure what they meant by that now... seasons as in what? It's definitely not the weather.

This is the word I become to fear of. Focusing on C&D to give the best cats and dogs ever, focusing on seasons so no new world and focusing on summer but no tan and no lounge chairs, no beach.

Something seems wrong...
    edited June 2018
    We can clearly see that they don't have enough money. Even so EA is one of the richest games company but they can still under finance their games. Ha..ha.. :unamused:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Also, I have heard sims do not get sunburned anymore? I'm a pale pasty freckled person and sunburns were part of my childhood! Sunburns remind me of the nice pleasant beach days I would spend with my mother when I was a small child. To think that my sims will not experience such an integral part of beach going is very saddening to me. I cannot relate to my sims as much now. It feels wrong.

I wouldn't rule out the potential of sunburn/tanning being added in eventually. Getting sunburn/sun tan was not a part of Sims 3 Seasons either. They didn't add it until IP.
    ~ ~ ~
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Also, I have heard sims do not get sunburned anymore? I'm a pale pasty freckled person and sunburns were part of my childhood! Sunburns remind me of the nice pleasant beach days I would spend with my mother when I was a small child. To think that my sims will not experience such an integral part of beach going is very saddening to me. I cannot relate to my sims as much now. It feels wrong.

I wouldn't rule out the potential of sunburn/tanning being added in eventually. Getting sunburn/sun tan was not a part of Sims 3 Seasons either. They didn't add it until IP.

Not mean with you but I noticed that for TS4 players always find the excuse ''they didn't do that in TS3''. I just want to clarify : It's not because TS3 didn't make something that TS4 shouldn't too. Games are supposed to evolve and not regress. I think TS4 is one of the only game on earth to regress instead of evolve.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited June 2018

Tanning/Sunburn was from Seasons in TS3. I remember it was that and not IP because several of the Seasons loading screens showed tanned/tanning/burnt sims. Also the tanning booth.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Lexington1988Lexington1988 Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2018

Not mean with you but I noticed that for TS4 players always find the excuse ''they didn't do that in TS3''. I just want to clarify : It's not because TS3 didn't make something that TS4 shouldn't too. Games are supposed to evolve and not regress. I think TS4 is one of the only game on earth to regress instead of evolve.

I disagree with this. It's evolved, just not in the specific way that you would prefer. And I'm sorry for that, but for a lot of people, myself included, Sims 4 is an enjoyable game with a lot of enjoyable features. it's the only version of Sims I've been able to play without CC or mods, and not get bored after a short amount of time.

And "they didn't do that in TS3" is rarely an excuse. it's usually a frustrated response to people bringing up stuff that was in Sims 3 that either won't be added to TS4, or just hasn't been added yet. The sims 4 is not the same game as The Sims 3! I loved the Sims 3, occassionally still play it, but I view TS4 as a completely different game, and that helps me view the newly released content in isolation, which means I don't get frustrated when Sims 4 doesn't have things like deep snow or hail. From my point of view, it never had them, so why would I miss them?

ETA: I would have liked hail, and I would have liked deep snow. I'm not going to judge the entire pack until I see what features or aesthetics have been added in place of those features.
    Post edited by Lexington1988 on
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    This is not going to be a popular opinion but I am not going to miss the hail. I am sorry for those of you who wanted hail added to the game and I understand your disappointment and frustration. I am very bothered by the lack of snow depth. The truth is everyone plays differently and each player has things that are important to us based on the way we play the game as well as our personal experiences. I am still smarting over the lack of dog houses. I wish EA would open the purse strings a little and everyone would be able to have the things that feel important to us.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I just can't wait for more features to be revealed to be honest.
    edited June 2018

I disagree with this. It's evolved, just not in the specific way that you would prefer. And I'm sorry for that, but for a lot of people, myself included, Sims 4 is an enjoyable game with a lot of enjoyable features. it's the only version of Sims I've been able to play without CC or mods, and not get bored after a short amount of time.

And "they didn't do that in TS3" is rarely an excuse. it's usually a frustrated response to people bringing up stuff that was in Sims 3 that either won't be added to TS4, or just hasn't been added yet. The sims 4 is not the same game as The Sims 3! I loved the Sims 3, occassionally still play it, but I view TS4 as a completely different game, and that helps me view the newly released content in isolation, which means I don't get frustrated when Sims 4 doesn't have things like deep snow or hail. From my point of view, it never had them, so why would I miss them?

Agree to disagree. Sims 4 never got pools, yet we missed them and after 2 month (if my memory still works), at the community request, we got them. Sims 4 did not get toddlers. No pets. So you're saying that you did not miss anything from that because they were never there from the beginning? We had no vampires, ghosts, festivals, etc and yet they are here. Why? Because for some of us, previous Sims games were more complete then Sims 4 (honestly I never used cc or mods in Sims3, cause I could create almost everything I wanted through CAS). Laundry - there was a whole community involved in this pack - was it new to the franchise? Don't think so.
    Don't call people frustrated just because you do not agree. We are all entitled to our opinion, cause we vote. With our wallet in this case.
  • Lexington1988Lexington1988 Posts: 70 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I just can't wait for more features to be revealed to be honest.

Same. It feels like some people have written the entire pack off already, even though we haven't been told everything it does have yet.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new gameplay and features.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Well, from all of these exclusions I got from my slight case of PEPS to my usual skepticism over TS4 EPs. Too many basic features excluded... Again...