Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List your ideas for car gameplay here one of the SimGurus wants to know

14567810...Next

Comments

• pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    Btw, I wanted to add what I'd want from a cars pack:

Similar to Sims 2 in that sims actually get in the car and back out of the garage/driveway and then drive to the end of the street. Also more to do with the car like fix it and woohoo in it. AND I want carpools, bikes, and taxi's back in the game. .

O also, if we ever get witches again I want flying brooms :)

Basically, thinking about it now, I'd want the ability to have a car and drive it patched in to the main game and then anything extra added as a pack. If it's just a pack then in the future we may not get worlds/packs that support driving (and are like City Living where I can't imagine my sims being able to have a car).
    I want the future worlds to be able to support cars being parked or being able to added a drive way or garage to your lot.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    just like in TS2! and cars to go to the job, buses to go to schools!
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I also think that would be nice have bycicles and motorcycles!
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I think many of us simmers are really missing the sims 2 version of cars/transportation. I was just commenting to my daughter (also a simmer since sims 1), I sure miss that sweet option to drive the kiddies to school. Hubby/wife carpooling to work. I also like the idea of having cars that our sims could repair. I don't think we have enough for our handy sims to do as it is. and I definitely think a cute addition could be having the teens sneak a ride in the car, only to be grounded for it. IMO, I really enjoyed having the cars drive off into no where.

All I know is that toddlers started out of conversation and some simmer's ideas, and look at the Amazing, and well implemented surprise that we got in return. ;) I have faith on cars coming to our sims in this sims 4 iteration.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »

9Mo2qSF.jpg

Did you guys see these cars parked in the recent Cats & Dogs livestream???

If this is hinting at what I hope it's hinting at, then I fully hope that drivable cars are coming in a patch sometime soon...like, right before the EP drops. Fingers crossed, you guys!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    > @Simmer_Will said:
    > Ideas would include:
    >
    > - Sims learning to drive in a new 5-level driving skill - mastering it earns you a license
    > - Sims can become mechanics in an all new active mechanic career based out of a new car garage lot type
    > - Mechanics will also need to work on the new 10 level Mechanic skill which will unlock the ability to upgrade your cars in different ways (underbody lights, custom horns, hydraulics) and could include unlockable items like a tow truck, garage items like tool chests, etc.
    > - Cops! This game pack could also introduce police officers (and police cars!) to the series with them being able to pull over your Sims (off-screen) for driving without a license, speeding/getting in an accident (low-level driving skill) or even for having a broken headlight (need to fix your car by bringing it to a garage or repairing it yourself!)
    > - Bicycles and motorcycles should be introduced in this pack, with bicycles being available for children and up - maybe even a cute little tricycle for toddlers!
    >
    > EDIT: It's important for the Gurus to understand that we don't necessarily want cars just to serve as transport from point a to point b, because in the Sims 4 we can just teleport. Therefore in-depth skills, upgrades, new lot type (garage), new career, etc. all become more of the focus rather than just driving like in TS3.

I REALLY LOVE THIS! Please EA!!!
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
    I have suggestions too:

I would also love to see functional gas stations. Have a chance to be fined for cops for traffic irresponsibility. (New function for police career? New interaction for the Parenthood package?)

-More interactions with Parenthood: Teens "borrowing" the family car, decreasing your level of responsibility.

Police cars and school buses back! Maybe an ambulance function to take a sick Sim to the hospital.
    >For the REAL hospital.... The one who is forgotten in the Get to Work expansion, because we only visit when we are pregnant.

Alternative means of transport. Taxi, bicycles, buses (with functional bus stops), motorcycles ....

Dealerships, different styles of cars, customization with high level of mechanics...

There are so many good ideas for this!
    Wish list:
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I agree with most of the comments I read. I had my comment as a draft, don’t know why I never posted it lol but basically, I miss all the sims 2 animations with the cars. Even though it wasn't an open world, there were plenty of things to do with the car and it added depth to the game. It made for great stories/videos. I don't like how our sims just walk off and disappear in Sims 4. I wish we could see the teens and kids get into a school bus and have the bus drive off. I like seeing the sims actually open the door and get in the car. Little details add to the realism of the game.

In sims 2, we could drive or Carpool to work, woohoo/makeout in the car, limos would pick up the sims at the end of weddings and taking them to their honeymoon, helicopters would take them on tours, cops would catch burglars or our teens that snuck out, etc. I think one of the main issues might be the visuals of the vehicles passing by or the fact that some places don’t have streets for cars to drive in or they don’t have access to it. I think someone mentioned it in a previous comment. A solution could be to have the fake cars drive only on the further side of the road so that our sims can drive on the right lane. Also, for the areas where cars won’t have access to the street, it could be as simple as adding bike racks or train stations, where you just see the sim go into a vestibule and down the stairs. Maybe designate an area where sims walk to where cars can park/pick them up.

I love some of the ideas people came up with, like the trailers, bikes, motorcycles, delivery cars, fire trucks, ubers, getaway cars, or the kid cars (Barbie cars and possibly strollers for newborns/pets) I think those would be fun to have as well. Most of the interactions would have to be while the car is parked in the driveway, which is fine. That’s how it was in Sims 2. In community lots, it could be parked on the side of the road or if they have a parking lot. A cool feature could be, Like someone said, as you increase skill, you unlock new customization for the car as a mechanic. Interactions for the cars can include Woohoo, makeout, listen to music, take selfies in the car, nap in car, pretend to drive, learn to drive, watch movies, etc. Maybe while watching a movie at a drive in, the car battery goes out and the car has to be fixed at the mechanics. Drive-thru places could also be an option, like the drive-In diners or fast food LOL. Angry sims can go to the car to yell or shout forbidden words as a way to calm down without disrupting others. Parents could lend the car to teens or forbid them to use it, tempting them to want to sneak out with (or without) the car. Maybe there can be an interaction where your sim goes to a rabbit hole (like volunteering) and come back with grocery bags. Idk. There’s a bunch of things that we can do for cars.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Everything they could do in TS3 + many of the ideas mentioned here, such as car washes and drive-in cinemas.
    > @ayyitsmell said:
    > I agree with most of the comments I read. I had my comment as a draft, don’t know why I never posted it lol but basically, I miss all the sims 2 animations with the cars. Even though it wasn't an open world, there were plenty of things to do with the car and it added depth to the game. It made for great stories/videos. I don't like how our sims just walk off and disappear in Sims 4. I wish we could see the teens and kids get into a school bus and have the bus drive off. I like seeing the sims actually open the door and get in the car. Little details add to the realism of the game.
    >
    > In sims 2, we could drive or Carpool to work, woohoo/makeout in the car, limos would pick up the sims at the end of weddings and taking them to their honeymoon, helicopters would take them on tours, cops would catch burglars or our teens that snuck out, etc. I think one of the main issues might be the visuals of the vehicles passing by or the fact that some places don’t have streets for cars to drive in or they don’t have access to it. I think someone mentioned it in a previous comment. A solution could be to have the fake cars drive only on the further side of the road so that our sims can drive on the right lane. Also, for the areas where cars won’t have access to the street, it could be as simple as adding bike racks or train stations, where you just see the sim go into a vestibule and down the stairs. Maybe designate an area where sims walk to where cars can park/pick them up.
    >
    > I love some of the ideas people came up with, like the trailers, bikes, motorcycles, delivery cars, fire trucks, ubers, getaway cars, or the kid cars (Barbie cars and possibly strollers for newborns/pets) I think those would be fun to have as well. Most of the interactions would have to be while the car is parked in the driveway, which is fine. That’s how it was in Sims 2. In community lots, it could be parked on the side of the road or if they have a parking lot. A cool feature could be, Like someone said, as you increase skill, you unlock new customization for the car as a mechanic. Interactions for the cars can include Woohoo, makeout, listen to music, take selfies in the car, nap in car, pretend to drive, learn to drive, watch movies, etc. Maybe while watching a movie at a drive in, the car battery goes out and the car has to be fixed at the mechanics. Drive-thru places could also be an option, like the drive-In diners or fast food LOL. Angry sims can go to the car to yell or shout forbidden words as a way to calm down without disrupting others. Parents could lend the car to teens or forbid them to use it, tempting them to want to sneak out with (or without) the car. Maybe there can be an interaction where your sim goes to a rabbit hole (like volunteering) and come back with grocery bags. Idk. There’s a bunch of things that we can do for cars.

What wonderful ideas! I had also been thinking about many things like what you mentioned. Like include parking in the shops so we can visit them with our cars. Restaurants with drive-thru options would be great too! An outdoor cinema, so we can watch a beautiful movie inside the car, enjoying the scenery with our crush. Why do not you open a topic in the forum part about ideas by pasting this text? Maybe our dream will come true if we insist!
    Wish list:
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
    > @Tahabata said:
    > > @ayyitsmell said:
    > > I agree with most of the comments I read. I had my comment as a draft, don’t know why I never posted it lol but basically, I miss all the sims 2 animations with the cars. Even though it wasn't an open world, there were plenty of things to do with the car and it added depth to the game. It made for great stories/videos. I don't like how our sims just walk off and disappear in Sims 4. I wish we could see the teens and kids get into a school bus and have the bus drive off. I like seeing the sims actually open the door and get in the car. Little details add to the realism of the game.

Yeah... Its very VERY sad, i miss this details too. I was very disappointed to see sims disappearing before entering the elevators. Also just as we jump directly to a loading screen when we accept a date. In so many other things that sims do in a totally unrealistic way. Very disappointing ...
    Wish list:
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.