Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's official- No hail this time

06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
Just wanted to share this for everyone to see. Thanks for asking and sharing the answer
@rudy8292

Mods feel free to do whatever you wish with this thread. I just wanted to put this out there.
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Wasn't expecting hail, so no biggie. Cool about the fog effects tho.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Wasn't expecting hail, so no biggie. Cool about the fog effects tho.

Just asking but why weren't you expecting it?
    I hope it looks like this

340?cb=20100917183250
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Good. Hail and freezing rain are terrible weather conditions. I'm glad my Sims don't have to suffer through them.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Wasn't there already fog in 2 and 3?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Yes.
  • Options
    Another disappointment. The trade off being FX fog doesn't seem fair. What about the game play? Why bother having rain at this point?

Rain was what all the work hours went into and then they just quit.
  • Options

I posted a picture of 3 above
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I have felt a long time ago not to expect too much from Sims 4 and I was going to buy this EP on launch day but look my Sims are going to have to enjoy those endless summer days for awhile until the EP can be gotten on the cheap side and then I will feel I paid for the EP what it really worth. Those that get enjoy it and those that don't do not worry about it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options

Yes.

I don't know why they act like fog is some brand new feature that will make up for no hail, when both hail and fog were in 2 & 3. Do they think we have amnesia?

They do. This game has so many 'firsts'
    With their marketing I thought these were the first pets to have fears and obsessions. Play sims 3 to. Find out my one cat is obsessed with the fish tank. Literally wakes up and sits infront of it until her needs to eat or sleep. The other one hunts every second he can and I never directed him. They were scared of things too, I just forgot what
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    lol, the sims don't even know there's a world around them. Unless it's flirty falls or stupid things like that. So now they are going to get upset by a bit of rain.

BTW, the fog in FH doesn't phase them so I don't think the new and improved fog will either. It's just for visuals for the player. This team is somehow not understanding that the player can't get immersed if the sims aren't.....

Unless this is how shallow people have actually become?

This!! I just told someone I can't play sims 4 long because my sims don't make it believable. I done any seem anything bothers them and if it does. It's forgotten in a day. They don't care of the walls aren't painted or if they have the worst furniture. Their spouse chests and its a mild annoyance.

In sims 3 it's been way too long and my sim's gf still gets upset that he cheated.
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I have felt a long time ago not to expect too much from Sims 4 and I was going to buy this EP on launch day but look my Sims are going to have to enjoy those endless summer days for awhile until the EP can be gotten on the cheap side and then I will feel I paid for the EP what it really worth. Those that get enjoy it and those that don't do not worry about it.

I stopped expecting much long ago but for some reason I had hope seasons would continue to include the basics.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I stopped expecting much long ago but for some reason I had hope seasons would continue to include the basics.

I am going to wait for a very good sale and pay what I really feel it is worth. Wish this was on Humble Bumble which I am an member for it would be sold cheap. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    hail is basic? maybe in certain places but I dont think its a very common type of weather. I have experienced earthquakes, blizzards, heatwaves, and severe flooding where I live but the last time it hailed here was 10 years ago.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I am going to wait for a very good sale and pay what I really feel it is worth. Wish this was on Humble Bumble which I am an member for it would be sold cheap. :)

Yup that's what I'm doing too. I can't pay $40 for this pack. I feel there are many games which I would rather pay that much for.
  • Options
    Reksoh wrote: »
    hail is basic? maybe in certain places but I dont think its a very common type of weather. I have experienced earthquakes, blizzards, heatwaves, and severe flooding where I live but the last time it hailed here was 10 years ago.

It's always been a sims basic. It's kinda like expecting toddlers.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

It is common in some places in the states and it can be very dangerous as well when the hail can become the size of baseballs or larger and it is becoming quite common in some states. It happened in Florida and broke some car windows.
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member

It is common in places and it can be very dangerous as well when the hail can become the size of baseballs or larger and it is becoming quite common in some states. It happened in Florida and broke some car windows.

I know. That's why I said "maybe in certain places"
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Also, I have heard sims do not get sunburned anymore? I'm a pale pasty freckled person and sunburns were part of my childhood! Sunburns remind me of the nice pleasant beach days I would spend with my mother when I was a small child. To think that my sims will not experience such an integral part of beach going is very saddening to me. I cannot relate to my sims as much now. It feels wrong.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

It is common in places and it can be very dangerous as well when the hail can become the size of baseballs or larger and it is becoming quite common in some states. It happened in Florida and broke some car windows.

I know. That's why I said "maybe in certain places"

The only thing I never experienced in my life yet is an earthquake and hope never to feel one. :)
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Also, I have heard sims do not get sunburned anymore? I'm a pale pasty freckled person and sunburns were part of my childhood! Sunburns remind me of the nice pleasant beach days I would spend with my mother when I was a small child. To think that my sims will not experience such an integral part of beach going is very saddening to me. I cannot relate to my sims as much now. It feels wrong.

That's true. I'm sorry you can't relate to your sims without sunburn. I too experienced lots of sunburn in my childhood.