Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hail included too, right?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    Yeah, this is a bit concerning. First no snow depth, then no sun burn/ tanning, now no hail? What they ARE putting in the game better make up for this.

That's what I'm wondering. They keep saying what there isn't and saying it's so they could work on other stuff. What were they working on though?
    Santa's outfit?
    Flowers?
    A calendar?

I don't see where the best seasons yet is.

A scarecrow and bunny NPC? They can't say flower arranging because we've had that before. And I don't figure their calendar will work as it is supposed to because they can't even fix calls for dinners or dates! Or mealtimes and tablesettings!

They didn't even bring a new world. There's nothing in this worth an expansion price tag.
  • Options
    LawlzimaqtLawlzimaqt Posts: 81 Member
    Nope no hail this time around :(
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    It's official guys and gals; No hail included either.

But hey, it's going to be the best and most realistic Seasons EP ever, right? ...

Oh for crying out loud!

Why not just call the game The sims 4 Weather lite.

No hail, no snow depth, no sun tan/burn, no seasonal allergies. But we have fog that will most likely be fx and the sims won't see it /care so hip, hip Hooray!

Nope. Just FX. They sure don't care about each other so it would be REALLY REALLY bad if they all of a sudden cared about the fog or rain more.

Good point.

I truely don't understand how they can say this is the most intricate and detailed seasons yet. Have they forgotten sims 2?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Yeah, this is a bit concerning. First no snow depth, then no sun burn/ tanning, now no hail? What they ARE putting in the game better make up for this.

That's what I'm wondering. They keep saying what there isn't and saying it's so they could work on other stuff. What were they working on though?
    Santa's outfit?
    Flowers?
    A calendar?

A scarecrow and bunny NPC? They can't say flower arranging because we've had that before. And I don't figure their calendar will work as it is supposed to because they can't even fix calls for dinners or dates! Or mealtimes and tablesettings!

They didn't even bring a new world. There's nothing in this worth an expansion price tag.

That's what I keep saying too. Sims 3 we were told they didn't make a new world and we got a lot of awesome stuff. The alien spaceship alone is soo much fun. But now we don't get a new world, no proper snow, blizzards with flat snow. No hail, no sun tan and the list seems to be growing daily.

I'm really curious what used all the development hours?
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

Santa's outfit?
    Flowers?
    A calendar?

That's what I keep saying too. Sims 3 we were told they didn't make a new world and we got a lot of awesome stuff. The alien spaceship alone is soo much fun. But now we don't get a new world, no proper snow, blizzards with flat snow. No hail, no sun tan and the list seems to be growing daily.

The calendars, Bon, the calendars.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Santa's outfit?
    Flowers?
    A calendar?

I'm sure it's really really awesome and the best thing they've ever done, whatever it is.....
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Hail is terrible IRL. Why would I want to subject my Sims to that? I don't mind if there's no hail at all. Snow and rain is good enough for me.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    Hail is terrible IRL. Why would I want to subject my Sims to that? I don't mind if there's no hail at all. Snow and rain is good enough for me.

Consequences and realism. And there are many players who like more deviant play.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

It's a seasons expansion, there are many elements of seasons that aren't pleasant to experience. Storms aren't always pleasant but they are in game (I think)
  • Options

Because it's funny when it hits them. And I like less happy stuff for realism
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »

Santa's outfit?
    Flowers?
    A calendar?

I'm sure they'll be as exciting as calendars irl.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    edited June 2018

Santa's outfit?
    Flowers?
    A calendar?

Oh! I have a calendar in my room. I bought it from a village in central Italy. That little village was actually the home of one of the most important Christian saints of all time. So her face shows up on every page of it. It's also written in Italian so I don't understand anything, but it's still nice to have. I like to stare at it sometimes. I think that's pretty exciting. The new calendars sound nice!
    Post edited by xBob18 on
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

Santa's outfit?
    Flowers?
    A calendar?

Oh! I have a calendar in my room. I bought it from a village in central Italy. That little village was actually the home of one of the most important Christians saints of all time. So her face shows up on every page of it. It's also written in Italian so I don't understand anything, but it's still nice to have. I like to stare at it sometimes. I think that's pretty exciting. The new calendars sound nice!

I'm sure you'll find the game calendar even better. You can mark when to visit your brother. It's the ultimate gameplay.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited June 2018
    As I implied before, this addresses one of my chief concerns about the pack. The frequency and lethality of hail during the summer months was a nuisance to me. First, I know of no place on Earth that receives 50% of it's summer month precipitation in the form of hail. Secondly, the hail rains death upon sims, making outdoor plans during the summer a risky endeavor. I wanted to see either the probability of hail drastically reduced or eliminated entirely. They went with total elimination. Fine by me.

This pack is giving me a lot of what I am wanting. Things are looking up.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    It's official guys and gals; No hail included either.

But hey, it's going to be the best and most realistic Seasons EP ever, right? ...

Oh for crying out loud!

Why not just call the game The sims 4 Weather lite.

No hail, no snow depth, no sun tan/burn, no seasonal allergies. But we have fog that will most likely be fx and the sims won't see it /care so hip, hip Hooray!

Nope. Just FX. They sure don't care about each other so it would be REALLY REALLY bad if they all of a sudden cared about the fog or rain more.

Good point.

I truely don't understand how they can say this is the most intricate and detailed seasons yet. Have they forgotten sims 2?

They can say it but I know different. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    As I implied before, this addresses one of my chief concerns about the pack. The frequency and lethality of hail during the summer months was a nuisance to me. First, I know of no place on Earth that receives 50% of it's summer month precipitation in the form of hail. Secondly, the hail rains death upon sims, making outdoor plans during the summer a risky endeavor. I wanted to see either the probability of hail drastically reduced or eliminated entirely. They went with total elimination. Fine by me.

Wow your game was pure evil. I usually get hail like once a sims year.
  • Options

Wow your game was pure evil. I usually get hail like once a sims year.
    It hailed with great frequency in The Sims 2, and even more so in The Sims 3. I am pleased to see it go.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    It hailed with great frequency in The Sims 2, and even more so in The Sims 3. I am pleased to see it go.

I would have rather they made it less frequent than completely gotten rid of it. Or maybe allowed us to toggle it on or off.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I would have rather they made it less frequent than completely gotten rid of it. Or maybe allowed us to toggle it on or off.

Yes I agree, for it is all about options. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options

I'm pleased not to have to deal with the possibility of death storms raining down this time. Of course, they could always drastically increase the probablility of lightning strikes to compensate which would leave things in a de facto sameness. Perhaps I celebrate too early.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm pleased not to have to deal with the possibility of death storms raining down this time. Of course, they could always drastically increase the probablility of lightning strikes to compensate which would leave things in a de facto sameness. Perhaps I celebrate too early.

That's funny you would say this, but in my Sim games I seriously never encountered a natural death... Not by hailing, not by satellite or meteor hitting, not by electric shock etc. It seems like in my Sims games the death rate is way too low... I actually have to always download mods that higher the chances for everything... Including abductions...
  • Options
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    ]
    I would have rather they made it less frequent than completely gotten rid of it. Or maybe allowed us to toggle it on or off. I'm pleased not to have to deal with the possibility of death storms raining down this time. Of course, they could always drastically increase the probablility of lightning strikes to compensate which would leave things in a de facto sameness. Perhaps I celebrate too early.

That's funny you would say this, but in my Sim games I seriously never encountered a natural death... Not by hailing, nit by satellite or meteor hitting, not by electric shock etc. It seems like in my Sims games the death rate is way too low... I actually have to always download mods that higher the chances for everything... Including abductions...

In which game can sims die from hail? I never. Knew that to be possible
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    Lawlzimaqt wrote: »
    Nope no hail this time around :(

Thank goodness. I detest when they put hail in the Sims. I keep it shut off in sims 3. In real life I see animals and small kids get hurt - including two of my own kids and our puppy once - with hail and just refuse to have it in the games I play. Not always do you get warning for hail in real life, so your little kids (mine were 3 and 4 years old and our puppy was just 3 months old) are out playing in their back yard and suddenly start getting stoned by hail. Left my kids and puppy scared to death of the back yard for the longest time.

In sims 4 where toggles don't work I was hoping there would be no hail in this game seeing we couldn't shut it off like Sims 3 had it. So I'm thrilled if it isn't in the game. If it is my sims kids and pets are never going off their porches.

Lightening I actually have no issues with seeing thunder warns people to get inside well before lightening usually strikes. So I actually like thunder and lightening - it's just hail I despise.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    ]
    I would have rather they made it less frequent than completely gotten rid of it. Or maybe allowed us to toggle it on or off. I'm pleased not to have to deal with the possibility of death storms raining down this time. Of course, they could always drastically increase the probablility of lightning strikes to compensate which would leave things in a de facto sameness. Perhaps I celebrate too early.

That's funny you would say this, but in my Sim games I seriously never encountered a natural death... Not by hailing, nit by satellite or meteor hitting, not by electric shock etc. It seems like in my Sims games the death rate is way too low... I actually have to always download mods that higher the chances for everything... Including abductions...

In which game can sims die from hail? I never. Knew that to be possible
    The Sims 2, and I think 3 as well...
  • Options
    edited June 2018

That's funny you would say this, but in my Sim games I seriously never encountered a natural death... Not by hailing, not by satellite or meteor hitting, not by electric shock etc. It seems like in my Sims games the death rate is way too low... I actually have to always download mods that higher the chances for everything... Including abductions...
    Interesting. I had random deaths out the wazoo. And don't even get me started on the abductions. If my sim even looked at a space rock in Sims 3 those aliens were going to start coming every. single. night. I didn't even mouse over them for fear of the little green men.