Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you like a Remastered Edition of the Sims 1?

2...Next

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    VMScofield wrote: »
    Make it work on Windows 10 without jumping through hoops, add a few things that were missing (i.e. seasons/weather), and throw it on Origin. As it is, I bought the Complete Collection and looked up how to make it work because I'm determined.

Just do it, EA! DO IT! I thought you guys liked money? You're sitting on a goldmine and doing nothing.

If it had Seasons it wouldn't be a remaster, it would be a remake.

I'd only want them to touch Sims 1 if they were going to ONLY do the following:
    • Update game to run on current OS's
    • Fix major glitches that would render a game unplayable.

Graphics and content would have to remain the same. Otherwise, it's not a remaster, but a remake.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2018
    I learned that its common for game developers to use previous game content to create a next instalment in a series. Mostly on games that are release every year, like soccer games and other sports. I think that a Sims 1 Remastered Edition including all the expansion packs from it could work if they used The Sims 4 to make The Sims 5 (which would be The Sims 1 Remastered Edition). Now, imagine The Sims 1 + The Sims 4 Graphics and its improvements - The Sims 4 mistakes. Everyone would go crazy. They could even implement Sims 2 in that, releasing Sims 2 EPs and SPs for the Sims 1 Remastered. They could release The Sims 2 Base Game content including the neighborhoods as a Generations Game Pack, and... if they wanted... they could even create newwer packs for this game, like Farming Expansion Pack, or Summer Vacation Expansion Pack.
    I would go crazy. The marketing would bring so many people back, people who loved and played Sims 1 and 2 and no longer enjoy the franchise.
    EA would have a huge amount of money for that.
    Imagine Sims 2 Nightlife + The Sims 4 improved vampires. Or Sims 1+ Sims 4 Toddlers + Sims 2/3 Teenagers and better elders. OMG it would be so amazing... Seeing classic objects, wallpapers, floors, clothing, hairstyles, neighborhoods, houses, premades, stories, based animations... Everything improved, modernized and beautiful graphics.
    They can even keep Sims 1 Zodiac personality system, i think it would make our sims even more realistic if the added both traits and zodiac systems. Zodiac could work in a more basic personality, the oens we had... like neatness, playfulness, etc... and the traits jsut adding bits of personaloty, like being a Bro sim, or cleptomaniac, or vegetarian... Those types, you know?!
    In a few years Sims 1 and Sims 2 will no longer be able to run on modern computers, and fusing them into one imrpoved game would make them thrive for a few more years.
    I wonder: How the Old Town neighborhood would look in 3D?
  • XHails_HaileyXXHails_HaileyX Posts: 14 New Member
    If I could have the Sims 1 remade today, in exactly the way I wanted it to be remade...

It would be impossible to make, because I would want to keep the original graphics, but that poor technology no longer exists, therefore my remake of it also wouldn't exist.

The game could PRETEND to have the same graphics by roughing up the HD graphics every single game company uses today, but the fact still stands that it would be HD, and no matter how ugly you try to make HD look it won't be ugly. You just can't get the amazingly terrible and absolutely perfect graphics from the 90s anymore. Even if you could, they wouldn't run well AT ALL on our super ultra 4k monitors. We'd all have to downgrade back to 2000s CRT monitors, which are no longer made sadly.

But - if we could use 90s technology again, and the sims 1 remake could look as beautiful as it originally did, the only extra things I would want added are more lots, catalogs that separate walls and fences, and the ability to have kids ACTUALLY AGE WHY DONT THEY AGE WHY WAS THIS NEVER A THING
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    If I could have the Sims 1 remade today, in exactly the way I wanted it to be remade...

It would be impossible to make, because I would want to keep the original graphics, but that poor technology no longer exists, therefore my remake of it also wouldn't exist.

The game could PRETEND to have the same graphics by roughing up the HD graphics every single game company uses today, but the fact still stands that it would be HD, and no matter how ugly you try to make HD look it won't be ugly. You just can't get the amazingly terrible and absolutely perfect graphics from the 90s anymore. Even if you could, they wouldn't run well AT ALL on our super ultra 4k monitors. We'd all have to downgrade back to 2000s CRT monitors, which are no longer made sadly.

But - if we could use 90s technology again, and the sims 1 remake could look as beautiful as it originally did, the only extra things I would want added are more lots, catalogs that separate walls and fences, and the ability to have kids ACTUALLY AGE WHY DONT THEY AGE WHY WAS THIS NEVER A THING

I think that its not hard to get the game to be playing exactly like the original one. Its all about coding, and they can just rewrite the coding in a newer graphics setting. They will probably jsut have to translate some of the coding that probably evolved from 2000's to today.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    Would love it. Super Star and Making Magic - visiting Old Town - having Drew Carey show up at parties - sigh - all yes.

My Window 10 high end built (8 core) for me desktop pc may be a great running pc but darn thing will have nothing to do with Sims 1. My hubby says I should have put in Windows 10 Pro instead of Window 10 home and I would not have had this issue. Not sure though, as he has Pro and I don't see any of his older games on that either - but will not pay another 150 dollars or more - not sure of it's price just to go pro just for Sims 1. So yes - would love the whole thing for my present pc for sure. I have spent more than I could afford as it is 2 years ago - lol.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Would love it. Super Star and Making Magic - visiting Old Town - having Drew Carey show up at parties - sigh - all yes.

My Window 10 high end built (8 core) for me desktop pc may be a great running pc but darn thing will have nothing to do with Sims 1. My hubby says I should have put in Windows 10 Pro instead of Window 10 home and I would not have had this issue. Not sure though, as he has Pro and I don't see any of his older games on that either - but will not pay another 150 dollars or more - not sure of it's price just to go pro just for Sims 1. So yes - would love the whole thing for my present pc for sure. I have spent more than I could afford as it is 2 years ago - lol.

I play the sims 1 in HD on win 10 Home edition but I had go download a fixed exe to make it work. I first installed all the packs from the original disks. There was some ikernel error during the installation of vacation but fixed by deleting the old ikernel file in the installshield folder on the main drive so it is possible to play ts1 if you know what you're doing.
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    I only played the first sims at my friends but it looked like a great game so would definitely like to give a remastered sims a go. If they could add life stages it would be awesome.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

It's a Windows update that stops it running. Microsoft decided that certain DRM software like SafeDisc (which Sims 1 uses) is now a security risk because of the way it installs onto your system. Remember the Securom controversy when they started using that for Sims 2? Well now after all this time Microsoft decided that it's a bad thing so they stopped it from working on all versions of Windows from Windows 7 upwards. There are ways around it like disabling this particular Windows update or replacing a file from the game that we can't talk about on this forum.

This is actually one of the reasons why I wish they would release the game on somewhere like GOG with the fixes for modern day resolutions because not everyone knows they can or feels inclined to fiddle around with files and settings just to get the game running. I have two versions of the game; the original expansions as they were released and the Complete Collection but I'd probably still buy a digital copy if they priced it similarly to SimCity 4 on GOG, just for convenience sake.
    iscQh5U.png
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    They should just release it on origin. Give it the credit it's due.
  • ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    No thanks.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes. Put it on Origin updated to work with Win 10.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    YES! Please!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Yes. I dream of doing families from sims 1 to 4... Like one giant legacy!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...