Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♪ Muse Cycle 2 ♪ - Winner Announced!

MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
SKXrgHR.png

Welcome music lovers to Muse Cycle 2!

In this competition you will be making photos based on your interpretations of songs, or in other words, what they mean to you or inspire in you. Your images can be about the entire meaning of the song, just the feeling (as some will lack singing), just snippets of the lyrics, or any hidden messages you hear. Majority of the rounds are free-reign with no specific requirements so your imagination can run wild, and there are also no examples in this comp since it is all about listening and imagining. I will try my best to avoid music videos, as I want you guys to make edits based on what you think, not what the video is showing (even if some videos have nothing to do with the song).

These songs I choose will either be straightforward or confusing, it just depends on what I choose and how you see things. Also, the songs I choose will not be hardcore (so no hardcore rap, screamo, or hardcore metal, etc.), or inappropriate (though some may imply or have a word or two), so that everyone can enjoy the competition, and for future cycles I may do specific eras/genres. Also, please keep in mind that some songs may be sad or even refer to things, like guns, or cheating. These songs though can range from pop, Vocaloid, rap, jazz, rock, Celtic, fantasy, 90’s, classical, epic, swing, or even techno, so having a wide taste and appreciation for music will be a good thing. I will do my absolute best to give you guys a wide variety, though there are some songs that I’ve been dying to see be interpreted, so some genres may appear more than once, it just depends!

I hope you enjoy this competition, and who knows, maybe you’ll find a new artist you like. ;)

(If you would like to suggest songs, or specific genres/eras for future cycles, please message me!)

Muse Cycle 1
Simmetry Thread

m8sOLp3.png
More like any info I didn't cover. :lol: They are slightly long because of that, but please make sure to review them so you understand what's going on.
  • If this is your first modeling competition, or you are still unfamiliar with our customs, I recommend reading my modeling guide located here. And here are Editing and Modeling Tutorials for those that need it.
  • There is no roleplaying or storytelling required in this comp, unless you choose to do so. Explanations for your photos, when submitting, are recommended and may be required depending on the song chosen (such as songs lacking lyrics).
  • The explanations you provide should not be the main way you express your idea. This means that your picture should be able to tell majority of the story without the explanation. The explanation is only meant to clarify and explain why you did what you did.
  • A wide range of music with different themes may be chosen. Please keep this in mind when signing up as we do not want drops just because one or two songs made you uncomfortable for whatever reason.
  • S2/S3/S4 models are allowed.
  • You can use different sims for each assignment this cycle. Any gender, any size, Teen-Elder. No supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi/etc. sims, and no berry sims. Sims can be from previous competitions and must be of your own creation.
  • Remember that we do not alter the genetics in modeling (body shape/features, muscle, fat, etc. or skin color). Besides hair color/style and eyebrows, everything needs to be changed back to normal after the assignment (this includes contacts, tattoos, giving tans, etc.).
  • CC is allowed and recommended, but not required.
  • Editing is optional, but recommended. You are allowed to draw for this comp.
  • Follow Community Rules: No cheating, no copying, no face/body plastering (includes simmerizing). (No photoskinning in this comp. Hair photoskinning is fine if high quality and correctly edited.)
  • Follow Forum Rules: No nudity, no inappropriate content, no excessive blood. If you must do excessive blood or nudity for your assignment, post it on the Simmetry thread instead, or send it to me via pm.
  • Assignments will be 7-10 days long, depending on the song. New rounds will be posted as soon as scoring starts, or once majority turn in.
  • This is a cumulative competition with no eliminations. There will only be 10 rounds for this competition, with the Final 3 competing in round 10.
  • Please see the Scoring section for information on judging/ranking, rank value, and tips.
  • No re-using assignments from previous competitions. (Generally an unspoken Community Rule, but stating it regardless.)
  • Complete redos/resubmissions are not allowed so no one feels that their interpretation is wrong, and changes the idea as a result. However, you can edit your post and image once to fix errors like lighting, etc. only. Inform me when you do so.
  • Extensions need to be asked for at least 5+ hours in advance and are automatically granted. Extensions last for 2 days unless you absolutely need more time, but please state so beforehand so we can work out the time.
  • Late submissions are accepted if you submit before the judges get back to me, but please just ask for an extension instead of being late. If you have not submitted by the time scoring is published, you will automatically receive the lowest rank, which means lowest amount of points for that round.
  • Please avoid dropping or disappearing to the best of your ability.
  • Be respectful! No fighting, insulting, or belittling yourselves.
  • Everything is due by 11:59 pm Arizona time (MST is closest time). I will include a timer with the assignments, but here is a nifty timezone converter as well: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
  • If you have questions or concerns, say something! Don’t hesitate and cost yourself points or stress because you weren’t sure of something.
  • Have fun! ;)

iZigomU.png
wyPhAc0.png
Not Checked In

Checked In
@alexis3142 (Lex)
Assignment Submitted
@MyFavoritedesign (Angela)
@Movotti (Movotti)
@wbombje (Erin)

r6n5DKr.png
tQqVSvl.png
Post edited by MizoreYukii on

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited August 2018
    WreIlRT.png
    Assignment 8 - Into The Darkness

Another vague song, and I'm sure most of you gamers have heard this song before. Please do not base your images on the actual game though, just focus on the song's lyrics or beat as usual. This is your final round, so do your absolute best! You guys are still close in scores, and this can be anyone's round. I am giving you till the 18th to finish your shots, so please take your time.

Due date: 8/18 - Timer

https://youtu.be/aPRySFzfh7U

bSceTuT.png
    This competition uses a ranking system, as I didn’t feel that it was fair to score these with a rubric when this was based on creative interpretation. The ranking system works like the other comps, in that points are assigned to each rank and added up at the end to determine placement.

Feedback is optional on your end, and also on the judges end. So, if you don’t want feedback for whatever reason, say so, and the judges will skip your comments every round. Otherwise everyone will receive feedback from us as normal, unless a judge is skipping a round. Feedback includes the usual pros/cons, how to improve editing, and how better to go about executing an idea. We will keep them short to make judging faster.

When judging, the judges must consider these (in order):
    1. Creativity
    2. Relevance
    3. Quality & Composition
    4. Judge’s Preference (to act as a tie breaker)
    How Creative you are is the most important aspect of this competition. Next, Relevance, is just to make sure you are being inspired by the song itself. Judges are only to look for a small relevance, and this can be as small as a single line of lyrics. We then consider your Quality and Composition. Like most comps we will not be looking at game quality, just editing quality and how the image looks overall. Finally, the judges consider their Preference as sometimes we get stuck on who to place where when tied or unsure.

They then rank the images based on everything above.
    Ranking
    1. 20 points
    2. 18 points
    3. 16 points
    4. 14 points
    5. 12 points
    6. 10 points
    7. 8 points
    8. 6 points
    9. 4 points
    The rank and point value differs depending on how many contestants we have. If you miss a round, you receive the lowest amount of points for that round. That means if we have 6 contestants and one doesn't submit, the lowest rank is 5. That means the one who didn't submit receives the same rank as whoever got rank 5, meaning they both got 12 points instead of 10. Hopefully that made sense, but if not, ask questions.

I will be posting scorecards so people can see how judging is going, but I will not reveal total points, etc. until we get to the final 3, as I feel that stresses everyone.

Tips:
    • Be creative! If your sim is just standing there staring at the camera when the song is about devoted love, etc., you will not do well. Make sure your image tells a story. Here is what I said last cycle:
      When I say standing, I mean with very little posing (neutral standing basically), with very little expression. Of course, depending on the idea and explanation you present me with, the more I'm expecting from your sim. If you say your sim is supposed to be dancing, they need to be dancing. If they are working on a project, they need to be working on a project, not standing there surrounded by work. If the sim is supposed to be sad and standing in the rain, I'm not expecting much, just a sad standing position with a sad expression. Hopefully that clears up any confusion.
    • This is not a regular modeling/fashion competition. Don’t worry about how fashionable the model is, don’t focus on editorial poses, etc. Go for poses that actually express your idea, and dress them appropriately for the situation.
    • If you feel your image starts to become confusing and/or unrelated, provide an explanation as a just in case. The explanation is only meant to clarify, fill in missing details, explain metaphors, your view of the lyrics/theme, etc. The last thing you want to do is get the judges confused and not have an explanation to help guide them. Do not rely on your explanation to get the story across though.
    • Quality is not a large focus in this comp, but that does not mean you should forego quality. This means you should still do your best to fix edges, lighting, etc., but it is a small focus when judging.
    In other words, as long as you are creative and execute the ideas semi-well when doing your interpretations, you should do well in this comp.
    edited August 2018
    sPnXfNc.png
    Round 8 Entries
    Angela
    l69jFau.jpg
    Explanation
    Into the Darkness - we'll burn a light
    Into the Darkness - we all must fight, we all must fight

Movotti
    tumblr_pdr0emcAVN1v2n804o1_1280.png
    Explanation
    Into the Darkness - we are one
    Into the Darkness - we all must run
    Into the Darkness - we'll burn a light
    Into the Darkness - we all must fight, we all must fight

Lex
    Explanation

Erin with Linn
    U9zOlsF.png
    Explanation
    None
    edited August 2018
    drDutmW.png
    Mizzie
    Angela
    Comments:
    Your models' faces show such determination and like they are ready to face any battle coming their way. The background is great, it looks like they are climbing a mountain, and I'm loving the smoke effects. I just wish there was teensy bit more, like an enemy? Either way, I like this shot and think you did a wonderful job, especially throughout the comp! You have a real talent for photos. Also, those are some really awesome armors! I'd love to know where you got them from.

Movotti
    Comments:
    I'm just gonna start by saying I can't get over the staff of the girl in the back. Its just a block of color with a crazy swirl coming out! I love it but think its odd all at once. Either way, kudos for the creative creation and pose to go with it! Honestly that goes for the entire photo. The poses and setup of the entire photo is just awesome, and as usual you did a wonderful job pulling it off. I can't wait to see what you do next in our community, as its always a treat.

Erin
    Comments:
    I'm sorry you couldn't redo your photo, but I don't think the quality is bad at all! I love how eerie this shot is, with the dead plants all around, her alone and dressed darkly, and her heading towards a giant plume of fire in the distance. I do wish there was a bit more, as well as an explanation to help me confirm a few things, but otherwise this is a cool shot!

Jen
    Angela
    Comments:
    Really liked your shot. The outfits were amazing, you’d do well in my fantasy writing/modelling comp that is about to begin again. They look like they’re waiting for something to come out of the darkness to fight. Well done. I wish I could have seen a cave or something a bit more obvious is the only thing I’d say.

Movotti
    Comments:
    This is a great shot, it shows they are all there to fight as well as whatever is coming out of the darkness. They look like they have to go into the darkness to fight it, which is exactly what the lyrics say. So well done and a fantastic effort with so many Sims to organise.

Erin
    Comments:
    I like that you took a different perspective than the others. A child going back to face whatever darkness awaits her. It’s a great shot with a fascinating story within the picture.

Socal
    Angela
    Comments:
    I love this photo. Way to step it up for the finale. Everything about this works. The style, the poses, they are waiting to fight whatever is coming after them. The one thing that I would have liked is to see what was waiting for them in the darkness.

Movotti
    Comments:
    You have given us so many creative entries through out this comp, and this is no exception. I love this. It show the ultimate battle between good vs evil; light vs dark. Which is what the lyrics are all about. Well done.

Erin
    Comments:
    During this whole competition you have been creative, giving us imaginative entries that show you thinking outside of the box. And you certainly did this for the finale. Instead of taking the lyrics for face value, you have your model ready to face the darkness (and destruction) that awaits her.
    edited August 2018
    bnoV5A1.png
    Wow! You guys made this round a tough one, and the scores were close! I loved everyone's photos throughout this competition, and you guys really did a phenomenal job, especially on the finale. Congrats to the joint winners, and congrats to everyone on your placements!

Round 8
    Rank 1
    Movotti
    tumblr_pdr0emcAVN1v2n804o1_1280.png

Rank 2
    Erin with Linn
    U9zOlsF.png

Rank 3
    Angela
    l69jFau.jpg

Round 8 Scorecard
    UoElE3J.png

Overall Ranks
    Joint first place with a total score of 384:
    (Movotti) @Movotti
    gTFTvQY.png

Joint first place with a total score of 384:
    (Erin) @wbombje
    M7gPI7V.png

Second place with a total score of 380:
    Third place with a total score of 326:
    Total Competition Scorecard
    8Brvhz2.png
    edited July 2018
    TAghqtj.png
    Round 1
    Assignment 1 - Beauty in the World

Just like last cycle we are starting out with something simple. :3

https://youtu.be/D1QHlUwkEYI

Angela with George
    ckJLduy.jpg
    Explanation
    We need more money, they say
    Change is gonna come
    Like the weather

George was a successful athlete, but after his injury found himself in a wheelchair.
    The only thing that he felt was confusion and a complete lack of his life's prospects.

When you don't know what to do
    Don't know if you'll make it through
    Remember god is giving you beauty in the world

He has now found the true meaning of love is more precious than any material success.

Hey baby when I'm looking at you
    I know it's fact is true
    There is hope for love
    There is beauty in the world

Dev with Catrina
    yD90wve.png
    Explanation
    None

Movotti with Belladonna
    tumblr_pa5b9pCZkf1v2n804o2_1280.png
    Explanation
    I didn't really listen to the lyrics closely, I just went with the first impression it gave. It felt like a bohemian/hippy dream.

Chell
    28861419448_7506cf4d22_o.png
    Explanation
    My personal interpretation was to seek out the things in life that inspire you to keep faith, even when the world seems lost.

Penguin with Olivia Marsh
    0l00S9Z.png
    Explanation
    My expression was to show off the natural beauty around us, whilst also embracing the beauty within yourself!

Lex with Sophia
    qkilCyV.png
    Explanation
    None

Maggie
    41878529035_6914b7178f_h.jpg
    Explanation
    None

MzSammyRose with Vanessa Vale
    41890931695_c5f3610c3e_o.jpg
    Explanation
    The Lyrics that Inspired Me:
    When I look around I see blue skies
    I see butterflies for us

I also got a really sunny vibe from the whole song, and happy vibe. So i kinda placed that in my photo as well, giving it a nice sunkissed- Happy Feel.

Erin with Uma Sparkles
    risA64O.png
    Explanation
    Uma Sparkles is a young drag queen who dreams of making it big. In the bottom left corner, you can see her out of drag as Charles. She has a Polaroid of her and her boyfriend Brandon on vacation on top, and her performing with two fellow queens on bottom.

Round 2
    Assignment 2 - Mordred's Lullaby

Some of you will probably recognize the name, but regardless if you do, try to avoid researching! Just feel the music and lyrics and go from there instead. ;)

https://youtu.be/ny7NZPfl0l4

Angela with Queen
    KGHXyRQ.jpg
    Explanation
    Hush, child
    The darkness will rise from the deep
    And carry you down into sleep
    Child, the darkness will rise from the deep
    And carry you down into sleep

Dev
    a3tTO6x.png
    Explanation
    Morgan le Fay whispers her deathly lullaby while Mordred sees visions of battle with his father, King Arthur. Battle image was taken from N. C. Wyeth's illustration for Sidney Lanier's The Boy's King Arthur... "Then the king ran towards Sir Mordred, crying, 'Traitor, now is thy death day come.'"

Movotti
    tumblr_pam8whhjdk1v2n804o1_1280.png
    Explanation
    Long before the Lannister twins was Arthur and his Sister Morgana
    Mordred is the proof of how Arthur betrayed Guinevere with Morgana, Arthur's half-sister.
    In my image I have Morgana instilling loyalty in Mordred, from the cradle, loyalty only to his mother, and the story she tells, of how he will denounce his father, to the horror of the 'flower' Guinevere. All for the revenge of his mother, for whom, Arthur's existence is proof of the horrors and cruelty done to her own parents: Her mother plum by Arthur's father, her Farther murdered, and her rightful rulership stolen)

Chell
    27992114777_f56f277696_o.png
    Explanation
    Because the song has a medieval vibe, and is about vengeance and betrayal, I went portrait style with this one with her holding Her "son" aka a sword.

Penguin
    Explanation

Lex
    KHKD7Ms.png
    Explanation
    None

Maggie
    5in2a96.png
    Explanation
    None

MzSammyRose
    41933723075_7f4d8eaafc_o.jpg
    Explanation
    So for the contest i decided to do my own take on Morgan Le Fay. The song in my opinion is from her perspective, and it's about her vengeance and hate. I wanted to try to capture that essence in this piece, I wanted to capture the spirit of that darkness and the feel of the character itself, I also was inspired by the haunting and darkness of the song all together. #NerdMoment

"Each moment I'm watching my vengeance unfold"

Erin
    ppQbPJs.png
    Explanation
    The mother conjures a dark spirit from the depths of the water to posses her son to do her evil work for her. The son is the one in intimidating armour. The mother is slightly transparent to show that she is there in spirit. She controls the evil spirits that have taken over her son to exact her revenge.

Round 3
    Assignment 3 - Butterfly

Not a lyric video, so you'll need to read the lyrics below the spoiler.

Lucid dreams
    Haunted days
    Do I step when you step til you walk away
    I know the truth
    It's hard to change
    Break away to find a way to break away the chains
    Fast asleep
    Living blind
    I am free
    When I open my eyes
    I see the truth in front of me
    When I open my eyes
    I'm nothing like I used to be
    Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Days go by
    Nothin's changed
    Been standing in the same spot as yesterday
    Tryin' to move
    Pick up the pace
    Sometimes you need some time to reeavaluate
    Fast asleep
    Living blind
    I am free
    When I open my eyes
    When I open my eyes
    I'm not the man I used to be
    Butterfly (spread my wings)
    Butterfly
    I won't sleep
    No longer blind
    I am free
    When I open my eyes
    When I open my eyes
    No longer what I used to be
    Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Butterfly
    https://youtu.be/2OYqlyB33eo

Angela with Griffin and Anna
    F8kOpjh.jpg
    Explanation
    Lucid dreams
    Haunted days
    I know the truth
    It's hard to change
    Butterfly
    Butterfly

Dev
    YtUFXMf.png
    Explanation
    I got my inspiration from the lyrics below. Her eyes are now open and she can clearly see the past, present, and future.

Haunted days
    I know the truth
    It's hard to change
    Fast asleep
    Living blind
    I am free
    When I open my eyes
    When I open my eyes

Movotti with Howe Kool
    tumblr_pb7y88stKo1v2n804o1_1280.png
    Explanation
    Haunted days
    I know the truth
    It's hard to change
    When I open my eyes
    No longer blind
    I am free
    When I open my eyes
    When I open my eyes
    No longer what I used to be

I'll leave it up to the viewer as to which way they want to imagine his change went.
    Black hat to preacher, or preacher to black hat?

Chell
    29285496448_989dd27d96_o.png
    Explanation
    None

Lex
    Ei8cPLG.png
    Explanation
    Living blind
    When I open my eyes
    When I open my eyes

MzSammyRose
    Explanation

Erin with Tyler
    kaKb66A.png
    Explanation
    None

Round 4
    Assignment 4 - Waiting for Love

RIP Avicii. Great artist taken too soon!

https://youtu.be/wkYY46wkG-I

Angela
    SIfYt25.jpg
    Explanation
    I'll be waiting for love, waiting for love...

Dev
    cmehxux.png
    Explanation
    Where there's a will, there's a way, kind of beautiful
    And every night has its day, so magical
    And if there's love in this life, there's no obstacle
    That can't be defeated

For every tyrant a tear for the vulnerable
    In every lost soul the bones of a miracle
    For every dreamer a dream we're unstoppable
    With something to believe in

Movotti
    tumblr_pbp7v53xMC1v2n804o1_1280.png
    Explanation
    Stupid weekdays that get in the way of you going out and looking for a person to woohoo... I mean, love.

Monday left me broken
    Tuesday I was through with hoping
    Wednesday my empty arms were open
    Thursday waiting for love, waiting for love
    Thank the stars it's Friday
    I'm burning like a fire gone wild on Saturday

Chell
    8kmJGlf.png
    Explanation
    The vibe I got off it is very "current events" so I decided to go with a modern approach to "looking for love" Who needs social interaction when there's a site/app for that.

Lex
    NOQfkc0.png
    Explanation
    Description, staying home on alone, swiping through dating apps because finding love is hard. I wanted to go for, "relatable feel" and like cozy, glam, but also frustrated since dating apps are so annoying.

MzSammyRose
    Explanation

Erin
    PwMK5Pj.png
    Explanation
    Anita's elderly dog, Baxter (in the photo) passed away and Anita had been scared to get a new dog. She was afraid that she couldn't handle losing another dog. Months later she found Whisper (on the couch) through a shared post. Whisper had been in the shelter for years. Everyone just kept adopting other dogs, but Whisper kept getting overlooked. She looked at Whisper's sad face in the photo and knew that she was just looking for someone to love her. Anita adopted Whisper and knew that they had both been waiting for love, and now Whisper would have her furever home and the void in Anita's heart from losing Baxter would be filled.
    edited August 2018
    TAghqtj.png
    Round 5
    Assignment 5 - This Bitter Earth (On the Nature of Daylight)

Honestly, best combination of music I've ever seen. This is a favorite of mine for several reasons, one being that it was used for the release trailer of my favorite MMO/video game, The Secret World (recently rebooted as Secret World Legends). If you like story driven games, supernatural/fantasy, history, lore, puzzles, and/or conspiracy theories, I highly recommend checking out the game.

Due date: 7/19 - Timer

https://youtu.be/D0TnJUsoR7s

Angela with Hana Bradly
    fux3qbS.jpg
    Explanation
    And if my life is like the dust
    Ooh, that hides the glow of a rose
    What good am I?
    Heaven only knows

Movotti
    tumblr_pc08xgXIhs1v2n804o1_1280.png
    Explanation
    Oh, this bitter earth
    Yes, can it be so cold?
    Today you're young
    Too soon you're old

Does it need explaining?
    You find love, but life doesn't last forever.
    You get old, death takes one or the other.
    You may find happiness, but it will always end in a loss.
    It's the bitter side of life.

Lex
    SA5qgj3.png
    Explanation
    This bitter earth
    Well, what a fruit it bears
    This bitter earth

And if my life is like the dust
    Ooh, that hides
    The glow of a rose
    What good am I?
    Heaven only knows

Erin
    8XJHT35.png
    Explanation
    I went for an overgrown post-apocalyptic scene. Humans nearly destroyed the Earth with their destruction of resources and war. Long after most of them are gone, the Earth has taken over again. Lizette is one of the few survivors living in the era of the bitter Earth where life is harsh.

Round 6
    Assignment 6 - Pretty Little Gangster

Assignment 6, we're close to the finale!

https://youtu.be/vzqKbMrHFSo

Angela with Jasmine and Raiden
    Fr0gi7o.jpg
    Explanation
    But power can also be blinding
    Feet will never touch the ground, pretty little gangster now.....

Movotti with Belladonna and Diva
    tumblr_pcipimsCmR1v2n804o1_r1_1280.png
    Explanation
    I mostly went with the overall theme of fame and money corrupt, once you get a taste of a 'better' way of life, you don't want to go back.

The real world can be so confining
    Their confining real lives now seen on the silver screen.
    Just to find a way to steal the crown
    Just shove your rival out of the way.

Lex
    KDVRWn2.png
    Explanation
    These are the lyrics that inspired me, I went more for the part that's being faked/made up. So I though my model had like a sly facial expression which fit what I was doing.

Hollywood, the land of stars
    Shattered dreams will break your heart
    Draped in jewels to look the part
    It's my anthem, it's my anthem
    Crystal glasses, chandeliers
    Cameras flash at big premieres
    Welcome to the new frontier
    Can we get some, can we get some

Erin with Omara
    ZJHzdeg.png
    Explanation
    None

Round 7
    Assignment 7 - In Hell I'll Be In Good Company

The lyrics are a bit vague in this one, so I imagine this round will be a bit more difficult. Regardless, looking forward to your shots! We have one more round after this and then we're done!

https://youtu.be/3XrVzTCr_PY

Angela with Madison and Lucas
    CVwMPWB.jpg
    Explanation
    Oh Lord I ain't coming home with you

My life's a bit more colder
    Dead wife is what I told her
    Brass knife sinks into my shoulder
    Oh babe don't know what I'm gonna do

After I count down, three rounds, in hell I'll be in good company

Movotti
    tumblr_pd0xye3k3F1v2n804o1_1280.png
    Explanation
    Went with the overall story: abusive husband, wife who can't take it any more, murder. They're both going down.

Lex
    qD0HJLM.png
    Explanation
    So with this one, I tried to think out of the box. I took the lyrics below that inspired me and I came up with this.

Proud of and disgusted by her
    Push shove, a little bruised and battered
    Oh Lord I ain't coming home with you

Erin with Violet
    U8v2Saj.png
    Explanation
    None
    edited May 2018
    Sorry for the extra week of waiting everyone! Muse Cycle 2 is now up, and I hope you guys enjoy the new cycle! I couldn't decide on some of the songs until the last minute, there's just too many I want to see represented! :scream: And knowing me, like last time, I’ll be switching things around until the very end. :joy: Because of that I might run a Cycle 3 again very soon, with a few months of break in-between of course, just to get the songs out of my system.

Not much changed in the rules this cycle. We are still doing a broad music theme, and this is still a non-elimination comp. The only changes are that one, I am allowing you to use any sim you want for the assignments. Before you still had to submit and use only 1 sim for all the assignments, like a traditional comp. This cycle I am lifting that rule to see what happens. You are not obligated to use different sims, so please don’t feel pressured to switch just because others are. However, when submitting your app, please choose a sim that will represent your presence in this comp. This can be a simself or one of your models, either works. I list the age limits, etc. in the rules and app.

Two, I’m thinking of allowing everyone in the finale rather than a final 3, depending on how many people join and are present at the end of the comp. If we have 5 contestants by the end of the comp like last time, then we’ll probably do a final 5. If there is 6 or more then we’ll probably do a final 3 only. If you are joining, please post to let me know your thoughts on the matter. You are welcome to message me about it instead, or of any concerns or questions as well.

And three, you can now edit your post and image once to fix errors like lighting, etc. only. I wanted to lighten up on this rule so people could fix minimal errors. Like my other competitions though, please do not change your overall theme/idea once you have submitted your image. The one time edit is only for editing errors.

Lastly, just some general updates. Muse Cycle 1 has had its images moved to Imgur and they should now no longer break. I also added a new banner, Archive, to the previous assignments section so people knew what it was. While updating I was reminiscing and found several broken videos too. They have also been replaced.
    The Simmetry thread has also been turned into a general submission thread for any photos that may be against the rules.
    And yes, I reused the banners from last cycle, mostly because I like them and we’re still doing a broad music theme. I may change them later but for now we’re staying with the theme. :tongue:

Signups and A1 last for 10 days. I am really looking forward to the new cycle with you guys!

And for those waiting on Game On!, that will be out soon. I’m thinking end of June, but we’ll see what happens.

@Penguinwa101 @Kelebek @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @MissBirdie @psykt @kyky @fabtiffsim @Movotti @JennaCatz @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @kittymeow @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @alexis3142 @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @wbombje @ColorMePink @Socallucyfan @JoeJoe11 @InaMac69 @MaggieSims2018 @deviouslyvivid @lisabee2 @wiredhanna67 @annathefantabulous @SimlishPopstar @sdtfm @aussiekarima @simuelle @LilacUmbreon
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited May 2018
    The tags're working well. I would be interested to join the competition. <3<3<3 Should be head shot on the transparent background?
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • MaggieSims2018MaggieSims2018 Posts: 57 Member
    edited May 2018
    Awwww sheet.

Wow. I'm still on mobile only.... That would be harder to get things done. I'll see when I might get a home connection.
    Buuut, most likely, reserve.
    Post edited by MaggieSims2018 on
    Ohhh, yay! Glad the comp caught your interest!

@MyFavoritedesign Thank you for letting me know! <3 And yes, transparent. I knew I was forgetting something!

@MaggieSims2018 You can doooo iiittt! What website do you use to host your images? If you have a data transfer cable for your phone (not sure of the proper term, derp), you can use it to transfer the images to your phone and then download Flickr's app and upload it to that, or one of the other apps. I think Imgur has one now too. I had to do that when traveling a few years back, worked like a charm.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    @MizoreYukii

Happy to judge again, Mizzie if you'll have me.

@Jendowoz0612 Sure thing! Just send whatever headshot you want me to use, here or our PM. Glad to have you back on board! :3
    @MizoreYukii

Mizzie, do you want it on transparent or any background?

@MizoreYukii

Okay, thanks, Mizzie

• Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    RESERVE ME !!!!!!! <3<3<3
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Username/Preferred Name: Penguin

Favorite Genre: its still... K-POP!

Head Shot:
    qCbYDw8.png
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    Username/Preferred Name: Angela

Favorite Genre: Jazz, traditional pop and swing music (Frank Sinatra’s style)

Head Shot:
    U6qGUiP.png
    7HX1Vwg.png
    Thank you @MizoreYukii! <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • MaggieSims2018MaggieSims2018 Posts: 57 Member
    Ohhh, yay! Glad the comp caught your interest!

@MyFavoritedesign Thank you for letting me know! <3 And yes, transparent. I knew I was forgetting something!

@MaggieSims2018 You can doooo iiittt! What website do you use to host your images? If you have a data transfer cable for your phone (not sure of the proper term, derp), you can use it to transfer the images to your phone and then download Flickr's app and upload it to that, or one of the other apps. I think Imgur has one now too. I had to do that when traveling a few years back, worked like a charm.

Yeah, bit more complicated, my phone won't transfer, my computer won't recognize my phone... It's been an ongoing issue. I do use flickr, and can use my dad's computer to load them and such... So yes, count me in :)
    Assignment 1 - Beauty in the World
    Model George
    ckJLduy.jpg
    Explanation

We need more money, they say
    Change is gonna come
    Like the weather

George was a successful athlete, but after his injury found himself in a wheelchair.
    The only thing that he felt was confusion and a complete lack of his life's prospects.

When you don't know what to do
    Don't know if you'll make it through
    Remember god is giving you beauty in the world

He has now found the true meaning of love is more precious than any material success.

Hey baby when I'm looking at you
    I know it's fact is true
    There is hope for love
    There is beauty in the world
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • deviouslyvividdeviouslyvivid Posts: 103 Member
    Reserve me!