Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modeling Competition Directory ~ Closed

Comments

• MaggieSims2018MaggieSims2018 Posts: 57 Member
    Boy 'o howdy do I have comps planned.... MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I am planning an Editing comp, yes I said it, learn to edit or hone your skills :) I have 6 assignments already thought of, need to make tutorials :) This one will be further off, as there are more preparations to get this one going.
    And have like 7, or 8 now, ideas for regular type comps. Just waiting on internet at home and I can get those up and running :) Thinking of more 'erry day.

Can't wait to see them, @MaggieSims2018 It will be nice to have some others helping with hosting comps, I've been trying to keep them going for a while now and it will be nice to enter a few myself. :)<3

Yay!! So glad to see interest. Hosting is hard, I tip my hat at those who do it!
    Question for you, what is a limitation for you, since you are sims4. I've been asking so I can know so I can plan better assignments. I haven't played it, so I'm unfamiliar with downsides it has.
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I use Paint.net!
    ~ I would love to learn to edit my Sims properly!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

~ I use Paint.net!

Not familiar with that one, I'll have to Google. What would you like to learn, so I know I'm including everyone
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I use Photoshop CS6. <3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • deviouslyvividdeviouslyvivid Posts: 103 Member
    May I ask, is your avatar sims3? Will you be modeling with 3 our 4? No preference, I make my comps with both games in mind

I've only ever used TS3, mainly because I'm most comfortable with it. But I do have TS4.

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited May 2018
    Updates:
    • Updates to the tag list, cleared out a few inactive members. Welcome back @MaggieSims2018 and @deviouslyvivid!
    • Updated the Upcoming section. Also, I will be releasing a poll after Game On! is released to see which comps you guys want next.
      ~ Competition | Versace's Finest // by @Mamajanaynay // Start Date: End of Summer/Beginning of Fall
    • Muse Cycle 2 is now up and running! Signups are going for 10 days, till June 10th.
      ♪ Muse Cycle 2 ♪ // by MizoreYukii // All Games // Taking Applications
      Welcome music lovers to Muse Cycle 2!

In this competition you will be making photos based on your interpretations of songs, or in other words, what they mean to you or inspire in you. Your images can be about the entire meaning of the song, just the feeling (as some will lack singing), just snippets of the lyrics, or any hidden messages you hear. Majority of the rounds are free-reign with no specific requirements so your imagination can run wild, and there are also no examples in this comp since it is all about listening and imagining. I will not post majority of the songs as embedded videos for various reasons, but I will link to the songs and lyrics so you may click and listen. I will also try my best to avoid music videos, as I want you guys to make edits based on what you think, not what the video is showing (even if some videos have nothing to do with the song).

These songs I choose will either be straightforward or confusing, it just depends on what I choose and how you see things. Also, the songs I choose will not be hardcore (so no hardcore rap, screamo, or hardcore metal, etc.), or inappropriate (though some may imply or have a word or two), so that everyone can enjoy the competition, and for future cycles I may do specific eras/genres. Also, please keep in mind that some songs may be sad or even refer to things, like guns, or cheating. These songs though can range from pop, Vocaloid, rap, jazz, rock, Celtic, fantasy, 90’s, classical, epic, swing, or even techno, so having a wide taste and appreciation for music will be a good thing. I will do my absolute best to give you guys a wide variety, though there are some songs that I’ve been dying to see be interpreted, so some genres may appear more than once, it just depends!

I hope you enjoy this competition, and who knows, maybe you’ll find a new artist you like. ;)
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited May 2018
    I use photoshop cc 2018 @MaggieSims2018 :smiley:
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

edited May 2018
    @MaggieSims2018 Will this editing comp be just for general/beginners editing (as in teaching them to cut, etc.), or teaching specific techniques and tricks? Because if its a wide range competition for all levels then I'll probably want to participate to ease myself back in again. And 'cause I'd like a tutorial on your wet hair and clothes that you did forever ago (before the forums went bonkers :joy:). I use PS CC 2018 if its needed.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    I would like to know how to make dry hair look wet also, @MizoreYukii I have been trying to find a tutorial about that forever.

~ I use Paint.net!

Not familiar with that one, I'll have to Google. What would you like to learn, so I know I'm including everyone

~ I started to enter Modelling Comps (late) last year So have been watching "a lot" of Paint.net Tutorials, & have a lot of shiny new plug-ins to do all sorts of things,at the moment I am trying to sort out how to install PS Brushes into Paint.net!(especially hair brushes!)
    ~ I have been editing pictures for my friends stories since The Sim 2,( mainly hand painting pose misshapes! Or editing in a piece of relevance for the story!)
    ~ So anything I guess,not exactly a beginner but really not much better! (on some pictures I fluked it,I only just realised I had my in-game images set up wrong!Doh!)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

~ Just a suggestion, the Comp could start from the beginning,& anyone can enter,even those that are more advanced, but just want a re-fresher, have the Comp in levels so each person can enter at their suited level, I would start at the beginning! Just a suggestion/idea! @MaggieSims2018
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

@MaggieSims2018 Will this editing comp be just for general/beginners editing (as in teaching them to cut, etc.), or teaching specific techniques and tricks? Because if its a wide range competition for all levels then I'll probably want to participate to ease myself back in again. And 'cause I'd like a tutorial on your wet hair and clothes that you did forever ago (before the forums went bonkers :joy:). I use PS CC 2018 if its needed.

Basically how I have it laid out so far is starting super simple, then getting more complex, and re-using and practicing techniques from earlier tasks. Any one can enter, no grading against your peers, just comments and a general score out of 10 based on a few guidelines. No judges other than me so everyone can enter. Meant to be supportive and inspirational. No fear of elimination, so be creative and take chances and learn new things.

I have so many cool things planned, and yes, a wet tutorial :) also a bit of hair drawing, and undead effects. Each assignment will need one to 4 or 5 different tutorials, so a lot of preparation on my end. I've got my work cut out for me. :)
  • deviouslyvividdeviouslyvivid Posts: 103 Member
    @MaggieSims2018 This sounds amazing! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Basically how I have it laid out so far is starting super simple, then getting more complex, and re-using and practicing techniques from earlier tasks. Any one can enter, no grading against your peers, just comments and a general score out of 10 based on a few guidelines. No judges other than me so everyone can enter. Meant to be supportive and inspirational. No fear of elimination, so be creative and take chances and learn new things.

I have so many cool things planned, and yes, a wet tutorial :) also a bit of hair drawing, and undead effects. Each assignment will need one to 4 or 5 different tutorials, so a lot of preparation on my end. I've got my work cut out for me. :)

Oh, so going from beginner to advanced, right? Sounds great, and I really like the tutorials you have planned so far! =D We need more people to write effect and advanced tutorials like you're doing. Sim based ones are so hard to come by. :cry:
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited June 2018
    I still plan on doing some tutorials, but for some reason my computer doesn't recognize any of my three mics or two headsets, so it's either a driver issue, or a motherboard issue. I hope it's drivers. My MoBo is only 2 years old! And I can't really type out tutorials because my brand spankin' new neuropathy affects my hands too. I can mouse, but typing is difficult unless the Neurontin's fully set in. So I was going to do videos. I was going to do stuff like color theory, composition, Gestalt principles, typography, hierarchy, stuff like that.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    Vanadis wrote: »
    I still plan on doing some tutorials, but for some reason my computer doesn't recognize any of my three mics or two headsets, so it's either a driver issue, or a motherboard issue. I hope it's drivers. My MoBo is only 2 years old! And I can't really type out tutorials because my brand spankin' new neuropathy affects my hands too. I can mouse, but typing is difficult unless the Neurontin's fully set in. So I was going to do videos. I was going to do stuff like color theory, composition, Gestalt principles, typography, hierarchy, stuff like that.

YAAY! these are things i would love to know more in-depth on, and miss vana, dear, don't hurt yourself trying hun. <3 i send warm hugs your way
    Leslie made a color theory tutorial way back when. Will yours have more info Vana? If its alright, when your finished I can link it in the tutorial for those that prefer videos instead of written tutorials?
    I hope you figure out what the issue is (and yes, don't hurt yourself for our sake xD). I bought a mic like a week ago for my own tutorials but haven't even tested it yet. :sweat_smile: I hope it works. :grimace:
    Leslie made a color theory tutorial way back when. Will yours have more info Vana? If its alright, when your finished I can link it in the tutorial for those that prefer videos instead of written tutorials?
    I hope you figure out what the issue is (and yes, don't hurt yourself for our sake xD). I bought a mic like a week ago for my own tutorials but haven't even tested it yet. :sweat_smile: I hope it works. :grimace:

I think mine would have a tad more info. But not by much. Mine would include picking colors and how they affect the photo in general. Leslie's tutorial is awesome though that it lists which colors mean what in various ethnicities! Mine would be a video though, yes, kinda like a video lecture. But mine would include stuff like tertiary, tetradic, split-complementary, all those. I'd explain every color combination in detail, via voice. And give examples.

So yeah mine may have more info. But Leslie's is pretty spectacular.

We think the issue is that my neuropathy is caused by Fibromyalgia. I'd been having wide-spread, burning pain along my entire body for about a year and a half, and then suddenly one day, I just couldn't walk.

I have a mic on my headset, but I liked my Samson Go-Mic. Unfortunately, my hubs also had one, and broke his, then borrowed mine... by borrowed I mean stole... and broke that one too. But my headset mic ain't bad.

But yeah, in my tutorials, I'd cover the design principles of creating photos, and then some stuff for if we're doing ad comps.
    I'm somewhere between

I think mine would have a tad more info. But not by much. Mine would include picking colors and how they affect the photo in general. Leslie's tutorial is awesome though that it lists which colors mean what in various ethnicities! Mine would be a video though, yes, kinda like a video lecture. But mine would include stuff like tertiary, tetradic, split-complementary, all those. I'd explain every color combination in detail, via voice. And give examples.

We think the issue is that my neuropathy is caused by Fibromyalgia. I'd been having wide-spread, burning pain along my entire body for about a year and a half, and then suddenly one day, I just couldn't walk.

I have a mic on my headset, but I liked my Samson Go-Mic. Unfortunately, my hubs also had one, and broke his, then borrowed mine... by borrowed I mean stole... and broke that one too. But my headset mic ain't bad.

But yeah, in my tutorials, I'd cover the design principles of creating photos, and then some stuff for if we're doing ad comps.

That sounds awesome, especially for the ads! I can't wait for it. :D

Ouch, sounds really painful. I really hope the new medications work out well for you, and from the sound of things they are so far. After breaking something in each foot in my younger years, I've come to appreciate walking, even if it is annoying and in the heat. :sweat_smile:

Does that mean you found a working mic now?

Ouch, sounds really painful. I really hope the new medications work out well for you, and from the sound of things they are so far. After breaking something in each foot in my younger years, I've come to appreciate walking, even if it is annoying and in the heat. :sweat_smile:

Yes, I've got so many ideas!

Yeah, it's horrendously painful, but meds are nice. I'm on the starting dose which is 300mg/day of Neurontin but the highest dose you can take is 3600mg/day. My doctor just didn't wanna over-medicate me. But I called her the other day and said the 300 ain't cutting it. I have it partially for anxiety and I've been skin-picking a lot lately. If I don't have a scab to pick, I make one. Or forty. (Yes I have about 40 pick-marks all down my legs.) It's an anxiety condition called Dermatillomania. I also have the anxiety condition Trichotillomania which is the uncontrollable urge to pull your hair out. It stinks.

But yeah! It actually wasn't a problem with the mic. The mics were fine. Winderps did an update that hid this menu in it that had a check for "Disallow apps to use your mic" and we just had to find and un-check it. Now everything works!
    I'm somewhere between

Yeah, it's horrendously painful, but meds are nice. I'm on the starting dose which is 300mg/day of Neurontin but the highest dose you can take is 3600mg/day. My doctor just didn't wanna over-medicate me. But I called her the other day and said the 300 ain't cutting it. I have it partially for anxiety and I've been skin-picking a lot lately. If I don't have a scab to pick, I make one. Or forty. (Yes I have about 40 pick-marks all down my legs.) It's an anxiety condition called Dermatillomania. I also have the anxiety condition Trichotillomania which is the uncontrollable urge to pull your hair out. It stinks.

But yeah! It actually wasn't a problem with the mic. The mics were fine. Winderps did an update that hid this menu in it that had a check for "Disallow apps to use your mic" and we just had to find and un-check it. Now everything works!

I remember seeing some pics of that condition. Doesn't that hurt to do that? Well hopefully the new dosage works out in the end.

Oh that's good! Silly Windows, always doing stuff it shouldn't. xD

I remember seeing some pics of that condition. Doesn't that hurt to do that? Well hopefully the new dosage works out in the end.

Oh that's good! Silly Windows, always doing stuff it shouldn't. xD

Ya know, that's kinda tricky. Yes, it hurts, but people with Dermatillomania are generally desensitized to it. Plus when we pick, we're usually experiencing a lot of anxiety so that makes it harder to focus on the pain, at least for me.

But after it's done, give it a few hours, it'll start to sting like crazy! Or if something brushes up against the sores, ack!

And yeah, Winderps updates ruin everything. I've stopped seeing Sims 4 updates breaking stuff as "that bad" because Winderps updates are worse haha!

In other news I got a new 1TB SSD and I'm gonna run it alongside my 1TB HDD. I'm putting my Adobe suite on the SSD so Premiere Pro is gonna run so nicely when I get to make these tutorial videos!
    I'm somewhere between
    Finally posting an update post to go with the previous updates I've been doing behind the scenes.

Updates:
    • Welcome back @jaunty, @NShippudenFan, @peppergirl84, and @TEXASTWANGTONYA! And welcome to our new members @Storiessims4 @gardenGothic and @Sc3niX! @pinkbear never joined a comp and disappeared back in July, but will remain on the list for a little longer in case they do come back.
    • I've removed the "Sims 4 Only" tag list because in the past...3? years we've only ever had 1 comp that was just Sims 4, lol. This also saves me some effort when updating, as I no longer have to keep track of 2 (technically 4 due to the copy/paste) lists. If you do run a comp that for some reason requires only S4, ask for a list or just find a S3 user judge, or outside S3 participant, to help out.
    • I will be posting a question after this post, give or take a few days, to see everyone's opinions on how many comps should be running and which comps you guys would like to see next. Please let me know your thoughts once they are posted, either through voting and/or commenting (I do love it when you guys comment, so please don't be afraid to speak). The results will determine the next few comps I run for the rest of the year, and probably going into next year. I will be focusing more on hosting than competing this year so I can focus on finishing my tutorials and dealing with life projects.
    • New comp by @TEXASTWANGTONYA! Reserves have already filled up, but feel free to lurk!
      Fashion Plate // by TEXASTWANGTONYA // All Games // Sign-ups Closed
      Welcome To Fashion Plate / Cycle 1
      In This comp it will be all about FASHION and the different GENRE'S Of Fashion
      There will be a couple of rounds with FACE SHOTS ONLY-- The dynamics of these rounds will be based upon different types of fashion with makeup and or accessories
      This will be a very laid back and fun comp
      SIGS Will Be Given To All Placers In Semi-Final & Final & If You Would Like A SIG For Participation Just Let Me Know
      Open concept to backgrounds - Your choice - Leaving it to your own creativity and style
      In the Assignments I will have examples of fashion for each round - Mind you Google can be your best friend :):)
      Sims 3 Or 4 Are Invited
      YA To Adult/ Male Or Female
      IF you have ANY Questions at ALL.... Just Ask Me Here Please Hashtag Me, Thanks Or You May PM Me At Anytime!
      I Hope I Have Explained This Comp Well Enough If Not Just Ask....
    • Four competitions have ended and announced the winners!
      ♥ Congrats to @ColorMePink for first place in Sophisticated Man, and congrats to @abelhinha35 for second and @MyFavoritedesign for third.
      ♥ Congrats to @MyFavoritedesign for first place in Sophisticated Style Cycle 2, and congrats to @kittymeow for second and @lisabee2 for third.
      ♥ Congrats to @wbombje for first place in The Top Four, and congrats to @MyFavoritedesign for second, @Jendowoz0612 for third, and @aussiekarima for fourth.
      ♥ Congrats to @Movotti and @wbombje for first place in ♪ Muse Cycle 2 ♪, and congrats to @MyFavoritedesign for second and @alexis3142 for third.
    • These competitions have been moved to the past section.
      ~ Snapshot // by heather1306
      ~ Sophisticated Man // by Jendowoz0612
      ~ Sophisticated Style Cycle 2 // by Jendowoz0612
      ~ The Top Four // by Mamajanaynay
      ~ ♪ Muse Cycle 2 ♪ // by MizoreYukii
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Thanks For ALL Your Work MIZZZZ......!!!!! This Is Really Helpful.......... Thinking Cap On....... With Comments About Comps :D:D:D@MizoreYukii
    QUOTE- Congrats to @wbombje for first place in The Top Four, and congrats to @MyFavoritedesign for second, @Jendowoz0612 for third, and @aussiekarima for fourth.

~ I must have read it wrong, I thought I came in second in "The Top Four" that there was only a top three in the finals, as there was a tie!? ( forgive me if I am wrong,had a LOT going on in RL, so it is easy for me to be confused at the moment (today I had 4 teeth pulled still not with it,never had stitches in my mouth before ether!) ;)@MizoreYukii
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif