This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

It's official- No snow depth

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    Does this mean that we are not getting any "Snow day" ? Because it would be weird if the game tells you that there is too much snow to go to school/work if there is no snow depth ...

No I don't think so since sims can still build snowmen and be snow angels and have snowball fights. Blizzards will also occur.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    aws200 wrote: »
    Wow what a TERRIBLE 'expansion' pack so far. lol
    -No Festivals
    -No sun burns
    -No tanning
    -No tanning booths
    -No snow depth
    -No life state
    -No diving board
    -No swimming in bodies of water
    -No pool floats
    -No ability to choose what seasons you want
    -No ability to disable certain types of weather
    -No kissing booth
    -No haunted house
    -No eating contest
    -No soccer net
    -No picnic basket
    -No ice staking on frozen bodies of water
    -You're the only one who can throw parties still so so much for relatives and friends inviting your Sims over for the holidays
    -The weather is just a screen effect and not 3D like Sims 3 had and is like Sims 2 fake weather
    -Snow mounds are just for pointless collectibles (lame!)
    -Snow is a plain white texture and not real snow (Sims 3 did it better)
    -Pets don't get anything to wear for the weather (it doesn't affect them)

-Leaves don't decay or fall off the trees its all fake effects to fool you into thinking its Fall

Man Sims 4 continues to be a failure and makes even Sims 2 look good. lol
    Go buy Sims 2 and Sims 2 Seasons, thank me later. Much better experience and that game is over 10 years old!

When they added pet clothes on a stuff pack people complain about DLC for DLC, now after you are complaining that pets don't get anything from the weather?

Also each sims game and expansion packs are supposed to be different. If Seasons in Sims 3 was about going out and exploring with your friends to different seasonal festivals then Sims 4 is different, it emphasizes about holidays, and gardening. I would rather have new things than rehash of the past experiences.

But the sims 4 seasons is a rehash of past experiences. Everything we have seen except the thermostat and the kiddy pool was in the sims 2 or 3. Ice skating, snow angels, building snow men, snowball fights, being struck by lightning, gardening, holidays have all been done before which is fine as it wouldn't be winter without the above activities as an example. But the more I read, it appears we lose things more than we gain.

This is how I feel. I don't see that what has been given up, snow and a new world is worth what we got. I was happy to give up an new world in sims 3 because we got nearly 20 activities and that doesn't include the holidays, parties and all that. We got amazing seasons with that and aliens that I prefer to the annoying gtw ones. Sims 4 leaves me feeling we keep losing stuff to gain little.

Are we REALLY forgetting the fact that the community was rioting on the forums because they said greenhouses weren't in sims 4 but in a separate store bundle released around the same time?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    -No Festivals
    -No sun burns
    -No tanning
    -No tanning booths
    -No snow depth
    -No life state
    -No diving board
    -No pool floats
    -No kissing booth
    -No haunted house
    -No eating contest
    -No soccer net
    -No picnic basket
    -You're the only one who can throw parties still so so much for relatives and friends inviting your Sims over for the holidays
    -The weather is just a screen effect and not 3D like Sims 3 had and is like Sims 2 fake weather

-Leaves don't decay or fall off the trees its all fake effects to fool you into thinking its Fall

Go buy Sims 2 and Sims 2 Seasons, thank me later. Much better experience and that game is over 10 years old!

When they added pet clothes on a stuff pack people complain about DLC for DLC, now after you are complaining that pets don't get anything from the weather?

Also each sims game and expansion packs are supposed to be different. If Seasons in Sims 3 was about going out and exploring with your friends to different seasonal festivals then Sims 4 is different, it emphasizes about holidays, and gardening. I would rather have new things than rehash of the past experiences.

But the sims 4 seasons is a rehash of past experiences. Everything we have seen except the thermostat and the kiddy pool was in the sims 2 or 3. Ice skating, snow angels, building snow men, snowball fights, being struck by lightning, gardening, holidays have all been done before which is fine as it wouldn't be winter without the above activities as an example. But the more I read, it appears we lose things more than we gain.

This is how I feel. I don't see that what has been given up, snow and a new world is worth what we got. I was happy to give up an new world in sims 3 because we got nearly 20 activities and that doesn't include the holidays, parties and all that. We got amazing seasons with that and aliens that I prefer to the annoying gtw ones. Sims 4 leaves me feeling we keep losing stuff to gain little.

Are we REALLY forgetting the fact that the community was rioting on the forums because they said greenhouses weren't in sims 4 but in a separate store bundle released around the same time?

I remember that, it was a mistake on their part but at least they didn't remove snow and green houses then told us its the best game ever.

It was wrong but there was more than enough added and improved.
  • Options
    Well I just saw a tweet posted about no sun tanning or sunburns.

What is making summer so great according to them? I sure hope it isn't the splash pool. This is something a modded did just like this white paint snow.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @ichchen wrote: »
    How often will this pattern repeat itself?

Something is missing and without the community pointing it out and debating about it EA probably wouldn´t tell us anything.

I will still buy this pack but it is definetely a dissapointment - once more...

It has always happened and always will happen.

If they never sacrificed anything, it would mean we would get the exact same packs every Sims game.

Sometimes they will sacrifice something in order to provide something new.

They’re choices may not always be ideal, but they’ve always made them.

Sims 3 Seasons ditched content that people loved from Sims 2, it happens.

I'm really curious what the omission of snow depth will get us compared to Sims 2 Seasons, which provided snow depth, skating, greenhouses, expanded gardening features, a world, full-fledged PlantSims, 6 new careers, new NPCs including penguins, new lifetime wants, three new deaths, new radio stations, curved swimming pools, and a plethora of other features not listed.

Off topic but what were the 6 careers? I should really download sims 2 again.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    -No Festivals
    -No sun burns
    -No tanning
    -No tanning booths
    -No snow depth
    -No life state
    -No diving board
    -No pool floats
    -No kissing booth
    -No haunted house
    -No eating contest
    -No soccer net
    -No picnic basket

Are we REALLY forgetting the fact that the community was rioting on the forums because they said greenhouses weren't in sims 3 but in a separate store bundle released around the same time?

That was quite annoying too, and really shows TS4's tactics were a build up of many years of similar strategies.

Miss the days of The Sims 2 where we would get original content in a pack that was just amazing and totally worth the price. Think about it -- seasons was a franchise first concept, and now it, like nearly every other pack TS2 provides, is used as a benchmark of measuring content.

There's a common belief that fans just spend too much time comparing the newer Sims packs to the old, and get themselves disappointed when things aren't there, but I feel it's more so whatever they compensate those lacking features for does not hit the mark. Number one thing on my mind right now is retail features, which were shoehorned in a career pack, and were severely limited. Their excuse was the focus was on the 3 careers, which I felt to be the most restrictive, hand-holding, anti-player experience the franchise has ever given us.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member

Something is missing and without the community pointing it out and debating about it EA probably wouldn´t tell us anything.

If they never sacrificed anything, it would mean we would get the exact same packs every Sims game.

I'm really curious what the omission of snow depth will get us compared to Sims 2 Seasons, which provided snow depth, skating, greenhouses, expanded gardening features, a world, full-fledged PlantSims, 6 new careers, new NPCs including penguins, new lifetime wants, three new deaths, new radio stations, curved swimming pools, and a plethora of other features not listed.

Adventurer, Education, Gamer, Journalism, Law, and Music
  • Options

Adventurer, Education, Gamer, Journalism, Law, and Music

Thank you. I never knew those came with seasons. Younger me really didn't pay attention.
  • Options

Adventurer, Education, Gamer, Journalism, Law, and Music!

More Seasons features listed here.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    -No Festivals
    -No sun burns
    -No tanning
    -No tanning booths
    -No snow depth
    -No life state
    -No diving board
    -No pool floats
    -No kissing booth
    -No haunted house
    -No eating contest
    -No soccer net
    -No picnic basket

Just felt like making a little list:

Activities confirmed in Sims 4 Seasons so far:
    1: Thermostat
    2: Different outfit categories for seasons besides winter. Summer outfits only one confirmed so far but hinted at more.
    3: Custom Holidays
    4: Christmas Tree decorating
    5: Gift Giving
    6: Ice skating
    7: Roller Skating
    8: Swing Sets
    9: Kiddie Pools
    10: Sprinklers
    11: Scarecrows
    12: Weather Machine
    13: Father christmas
    14: Easter Bunny
    15: Bee Keeping
    16: Water Balloon Fights
    17: Snowball Fights
    18: Raking Leaves
    19: shoveling snow
    20: scouts
    21: An unknown ability with lightning
    22: Greenhouses
    23: Flower Arranging
    24: New Botanist Career
    25: Basic holidays
    26: Umbrellas and Scarves
    27: egg hunt

Sims 3 Seasons:
    1: Festivals
    2: Basic Set Holidays
    3: Ocean Swimming (Patch, also note that pets cannot swim unlike sims 4)
    4: Diving boards (added in patch)
    5: Snowboarding
    6: Illness (Honestly was pretty bad, just like sims 4 illness, sims also did not get days off from school)
    7: Weather Machine
    8: Umbrellas
    9: collectible wild flowers
    10: Sun tanning/sunburn
    11: Rake leaves
    12: Snowball fights
    13: Soccer
    14: waterballoon fights
    15: Greeting card booth
    16: eating contests
    17: carving pumpkins
    18: ice skating
    19: roller skating
    20: egg hunt
    21: slow dance
    22: love tester machine
    23: snow cones
    24: horse shoes
    25: trick or treating (I don't know about anyone else, but it was horribly bugged for me and nobody was ever home and no kids ever came to my house)

Now keep in mind the point of this wasn't to Diss sims 3 seasons, I absolutely loved that pack and still do. The way that seasons gradually changed, and all the little details like water on the road and foggy windows in winter were absolutely amazing. There are plenty of things it's "missing" though like green houses, sprinklers, etc. I'm sure I missed a couple things for both sims 3 and sims 4, but they roughly have the same amount of content so far at least with premium gameplay objects. Sims 4 isn't even done announcing stuff yet, we just learned about the thermostat yesterday.

The flat snow is a personal aesthetic appearance, it's 100% fine if you dislike it, and it's fine for you to be upset about it. I
    actually ENCOURAGE you to voice your discontent, just like people with the toddler ball pit did and it wound up getting fixed. IF enough people speak out there's a good chance they'll patch it.

I want to end off with that overall, the sims 3 expansion packs seem to have a lot more content than sims 4, and I admit that. Cats and dogs should have had other pets, it was a complete cash grab whether they say it was or wasn't. Seasons looks like it's the first pack that has a decent amount of content though, and I am very happy about that.

• Options

Adventurer, Education, Gamer, Journalism, Law, and Music!

More Seasons features listed here.

Thank you too. I'll look at the link. ^^
  • Options
    -No Festivals
    -No sun burns
    -No tanning
    -No tanning booths
    -No snow depth
    -No life state
    -No diving board
    -No pool floats
    -No kissing booth
    -No haunted house
    -No eating contest
    -No soccer net
    -No picnic basket

Are we REALLY forgetting the fact that the community was rioting on the forums because they said greenhouses weren't in sims 3 but in a separate store bundle released around the same time?

That was quite annoying too, and really shows TS4's tactics were a build up of many years of similar strategies.

Miss the days of The Sims 2 where we would get original content in a pack that was just amazing and totally worth the price. Think about it -- seasons was a franchise first concept, and now it, like nearly every other pack TS2 provides, is used as a benchmark of measuring content.

There's a common belief that fans just spend too much time comparing the newer Sims packs to the old, and get themselves disappointed when things aren't there, but I feel it's more so whatever they compensate those lacking features for does not hit the mark. Number one thing on my mind right now is retail features, which were shoehorned in a career pack, and were severely limited. Their excuse was the focus was on the 3 careers, which I felt to be the most restrictive, hand-holding, anti-player experience the franchise has ever given us.

Retail was pretty pathetic. It blew sims 3's retail out of the water for sure, but Sims 2 still stands on top.

I definitely agree with you. I was upset about the lack of greenhouses since I loved gardening in sims 2, but I was okay with it over all since the Seasons were beautifully well done. Gradual rain, fog on the windows etc. It was very immersive.

Deep snow however isn't a necessity to me, it often annoyed me that things would become buried in the snow.

If it bothers some though, I encourage them to speak up and possibly get it changed.
  • Options
    -No Festivals
    -No sun burns
    -No tanning
    -No tanning booths
    -No snow depth
    -No life state
    -No diving board
    -No pool floats
    -No kissing booth
    -No haunted house
    -No eating contest
    -No soccer net
    -No picnic basket

Retail was pretty pathetic. It blew sims 3's retail out of the water for sure, but Sims 2 still stands on top.

I definitely agree with you. I was upset about the lack of greenhouses since I loved gardening in sims 2, but I was okay with it over all since the Seasons were beautifully well done. Gradual rain, fog on the windows etc. It was very immersive.

Deep snow however isn't a necessity to me, it often annoyed me that things would become buried in the snow.

If it bothers some though, I encourage them to speak up and possibly get it changed.

Agreed.

Snow depth in TS2 didn't bother me too much, as if you had it set to the higher end of its settings, it included a new feature that showed underneath the snow with your cursor.

Either way, I'm not too bothered by the lack of snow depth, but it is a genuine question of how the pack is going to be better without it. I really hope the pack's features make up for it, as this pack theme has probably the most potential of gaining back fans that have left this iteration.
  • Options
    -No Festivals
    -No sun burns
    -No tanning
    -No tanning booths
    -No snow depth
    -No life state
    -No diving board
    -No pool floats
    -No kissing booth
    -No haunted house
    -No eating contest
    -No soccer net
    -No picnic basket

Just felt like making a little list:

Activities confirmed in Sims 4 Seasons so far:
    1: Thermostat
    2: Different outfit categories for seasons besides winter. Summer outfits only one confirmed so far but hinted at more.
    3: Custom Holidays
    4: Christmas Tree decorating
    5: Gift Giving
    6: Ice skating
    7: Roller Skating
    8: Swing Sets
    9: Kiddie Pools
    10: Sprinklers
    11: Scarecrows
    12: Weather Machine
    13: Father christmas
    14: Easter Bunny
    15: Bee Keeping
    16: Water Balloon Fights
    17: Snowball Fights
    18: Raking Leaves
    19: shoveling snow
    20: scouts
    21: An unknown ability with lightning
    22: Greenhouses
    23: Flower Arranging
    24: New Botanist Career
    25: Basic holidays
    26: Umbrellas and Scarves
    27: egg hunt

Sims 3 Seasons:
    1: Festivals
    2: Basic Set Holidays
    3: Ocean Swimming (Patch, also note that pets cannot swim unlike sims 4)
    4: Diving boards (added in patch)
    5: Snowboarding
    6: Illness (Honestly was pretty bad, just like sims 4 illness, sims also did not get days off from school)
    7: Weather Machine
    8: Umbrellas
    9: collectible wild flowers
    10: Sun tanning/sunburn
    11: Rake leaves
    12: Snowball fights
    13: Soccer
    14: waterballoon fights
    15: Greeting card booth
    16: eating contests
    17: carving pumpkins
    18: ice skating
    19: roller skating
    20: egg hunt
    21: slow dance
    22: love tester machine
    23: snow cones
    24: horse shoes
    25: trick or treating (I don't know about anyone else, but it was horribly bugged for me and nobody was ever home and no kids ever came to my house)

Now keep in mind the point of this wasn't to Diss sims 3 seasons, I absolutely loved that pack and still do. The way that seasons gradually changed, and all the little details like water on the road and foggy windows in winter were absolutely amazing. There are plenty of things it's "missing" though like green houses, sprinklers, etc. I'm sure I missed a couple things for both sims 3 and sims 4, but they roughly have the same amount of content so far at least with premium gameplay objects. Sims 4 isn't even done announcing stuff yet, we just learned about the thermostat yesterday.

The flat snow is a personal aesthetic appearance, it's 100% fine if you dislike it, and it's fine for you to be upset about it. I
    actually ENCOURAGE you to voice your discontent, just like people with the toddler ball pit did and it wound up getting fixed. IF enough people speak out there's a good chance they'll patch it.

I want to end off with that overall, the sims 3 expansion packs seem to have a lot more content than sims 4, and I admit that. Cats and dogs should have had other pets, it was a complete cash grab whether they say it was or wasn't. Seasons looks like it's the first pack that has a decent amount of content though, and I am very happy about that.

When I said activities I meant gameplay objects which I think sims 4 has about 8 so far and sims 3 has snowing like 15 or more.

Dogs can swim in pools, just googled it.

And sprinklers were in the bg for sims 3.i find it quite disappointing that 2 of the summer activities that we know of so far is swing and sprinklers.

You forgot aliens XD pool floats
    Fireworks also came with seasons
    Parasol
    Tanning booth is one of my favorites.
    Igloos.

For sims 4 has the egg hunt been confirmed? Last I saw it was speculation. Will scarves be separate from clothes because that'll be pretty cool.

But my comparisons have always been gameplay objects because I find those to be lacking most in sims 4.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    They could’ve at least made it slightly deep. At least enough to cover the soles of their feet. :/
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    -No Festivals
    -No sun burns
    -No tanning
    -No tanning booths
    -No snow depth
    -No life state
    -No diving board
    -No pool floats
    -No kissing booth
    -No haunted house
    -No eating contest
    -No soccer net
    -No picnic basket

Agreed.

Snow depth in TS2 didn't bother me too much, as if you had it set to the higher end of its settings, it included a new feature that showed underneath the snow with your cursor.

Either way, I'm not too bothered by the lack of snow depth, but it is a genuine question of how the pack is going to be better without it. I really hope the pack's features make up for it, as this pack theme has probably the most potential of gaining back fans that have left this iteration.

That's how I feel. I hate that there is no real snow but I'll give the pack a chance of there are thing that make me go wow I want to try that. The vet career was it for me in cats and dogs because I always wanted a sim to be a vet.
  • Options
    DJQ1308DJQ1308 Posts: 44 Member
    I'll admit that I'm sad there's no snow accumulation, but it's definitely not enough to make me skip this EP. There's a lot to look forward to in this pack in my opinion.
    So definitely disappointed, but now focusing on the things I'm excited for.
  • Options
    Marnetti wrote: »
    They could’ve at least made it slightly deep. At least enough to cover the soles of their feet. :/

This! Slight depth is better than none. As far as im. Concerned there isn't snow in this pack.
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    Also @Zeldaboy180, I checked and Breath of the Wild does look like there is some depth to the snow. I've seen several pictures in which Link's feet sink in the snow. I don't know, correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't played in a while.

0DrqVjL.jpg

I think that screenshot is just from clipping into the Mountain, although I'm not entirely sure. Off the top of my head there are only a few places where the snow has a very deep depth, if at all.

He's clearly in a dip in the mountain side. There's a little ridge right behind his feet. It doesn't indicate his feet are deep in snow at all.

I’ve played the game. His feet do sink the snow.

Snow.jpg
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    Also something that just makes up the lack of snow dept *at least for me* is that Santa is actually coming back! He was on top of my list for what I wanted for seasons. I remember seeing him in the sims 2 so I'm glad they finally brought him back! Plus they made him more European Santa which is something really nice to see!

When I first saw him, St. Nicholas or Father Christmas came to mind, I never thought of him as Santa.

Yeah you are right I'm pretty sure they won't call him Santa. They will probably go with one of his other names. I think I was just really excited for how they decided to dress him.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I guess this whole snow business is really subjective... I was born and raised in Germany and we used to have white winters and quite deep too... However with the years it became less and less. I live in California now and here it literally never snows, so yeah I am totally fine with flat snow, the other snow effects etc. look amazing, so I am sure once all you people have your fingers on the game, you too will adore it ;)
  • Options
    rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    Also something that just makes up the lack of snow dept *at least for me* is that Santa is actually coming back! He was on top of my list for what I wanted for seasons. I remember seeing him in the sims 2 so I'm glad they finally brought him back! Plus they made him more European Santa which is something really nice to see!

When I first saw him, St. Nicholas or Father Christmas came to mind, I never thought of him as Santa.

Yeah you are right I'm pretty sure they won't call him Santa. They will probably go with one of his other names. I think I was just really excited for how they decided to dress him.

Did you ever stop to think that it could just be a fantasy like a bear outfit?