Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thermostat has been confirmed!

It seems The Sims 4 Seasons will have yet another "hot" feature in store for us.

mF6F329.png

Comments

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited May 2018
    I hope the thermostat works alongside bills - so that cranking up the AC during summer will be expensive, and if you haven't paid your bills then you're going to have to find another way to keep warm during winter once your electricity has been turned off
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2018
    I wonder if they will relabel clothes that are already in the game somehow. There are shorts ect..already.. and thinner tops that have come with many packs. Will be interesting to see how that is handled. So many of my guys wear jackets/hoodies ect for daily wear. It might end up being kind of annoying if there aren't categories to chose from. I want to use all my clothes from allll my packs. (Quantifying to mean use them appropriately). It's a wait and see but I'm excited to find out.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I wonder if they will relabel clothes that are already in the game somehow. There are shorts ect..already.. and thinner tops that have come with many packs. Will be interesting to see how that is handled. So many of my guys wear jackets/hoodies ect for daily wear. It might end up being kind of annoying if there aren't categories to chose from. I want to use all my clothes from allll my packs. (Quantifying to mean use them appropriately). It's a wait and see but I'm excited to find out.

I would like that to, that the majority of clothing have some sort of effect. Whether it's a base game, stuff pack, or game pack hoodie, it should make you hotter in Summer.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »

I would like that to, that the majority of clothing have some sort of effect. Whether it's a base game, stuff pack, or game pack hoodie, it should make you hotter in Summer.
    IIRC in TS3 they did this, they categorized what’s can be used during winter and what not.
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    Even in ts4 in cas we have clothes categorised (for example: tops - t-shirts, jackets, sweaters etc) I hope they will do something with it!
    Also i am hoping for option to customise sims outfits for each seson separately without going to cas with every starting season and dress up sim :/
  • alexa426alexa426 Posts: 54 Member
    dude im so excited
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member

From what I've read they are adding the four seasons to have their own categories just like everyday etc. So my guess is whatever you dress them in for say summer will be cool clothing even if it's a hoodie as long as it's a summer outfit it'll be cool. Kinda unrealistic but easy to use all the clothing from every pack.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    That's an amazing first for The Sims series, and something I've been wanting. Awesome.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Very cool (did you get the pun?) addition to our beloved Sims game! I can't wait!
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    It’s been confirmed that the thermostat will, in fact, increase the price of bills. :D
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    oh now i have a reason to let my sims roam naked freely in the city
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Apparently you can have a sim die via thermostat.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    It’s been confirmed that the thermostat will, in fact, increase the price of bills. :D

I really like this feature! Just like in real life :smiley:
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Looking forward to this
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    The thermostat is a great idea. It adds realism to the game, something the game sorely needs. So, if you don't pay your bills and it's freezing, and the electric and heat go off, you freeze!
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I imagine a materialistic sim might complain of being cold if they live with a frugal sim who keeps turning the heating down.
    Just an idea.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Interesting, maybe they will die of heat?
    y4mkWLvf0j5c_ard667E7MY4o7OC1V8A9e4_YQ_UI-z3ep_Y0mNNqqMOQ0-5SC1zawmdZ_Zi7QLWwhedGNaF6tDTdPiBm_KZeqlgyE0jicuyWGvEr4LUskXlw87d8y1xeNrHac7mNNNUX-fjBqiIqrIqOcAkXngpuDxgcdUk0_YKDubyaiSz6rCHAOxEQZM_iTSx1Q8VZUTijrzpIRBBTrBwA?width=799&height=495&cropmode=none
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh man, I just thought of devious way to use the thermostat. Lock them in a room in a hot house or box.. while you go out and garden or spend time in the pool... this is bringing out the >:) in me. Well doesn't take much. They give us more ways to torture our sims.. yahhh!
    egTcBMc.png
    Oh man, I just thought of devious way to use the thermostat. Lock them in a room in a hot house or box.. while you go out and garden or spend time in the pool... this is bringing out the >:) in me. Well doesn't take much. They give us more ways to torture our sims.. yahhh!
    Oh man, I got a sim in my household who is currently really just a bother, and I’m trying to figure what to do with her. Imma so do this!

• Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Am I the only one who really couldn't care less about this? I mean, yeah, it gives more ways to torture your Sims, but as 'normal' gameplay goes, it seems a bit lackluster.
    Just remembered, that they said there is no temperature thermometer like there used to be. Other than knowing what season it is, how would we know to use them or not. Are all houses/apartments going to get cold/hot inside that you need to use it? What about premade lots? It’ll be fun at first to torture a sim but is it going to have to be regulated every time.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Now my Big Bang Leonard can change the temperature and Sheldon can change it back.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2018

Omg you're a genius! >:)
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who really couldn't care less about this? I mean, yeah, it gives more ways to torture your Sims, but as 'normal' gameplay goes, it seems a bit lackluster.

They did say you could bring your family closer together when you lower the thermostate temperature in winter. (Maybe they'll do cuddling interactions lmao)
    And maybe it lowers bills if you don't heat your home, because they did say heating raises bills.
    a256aFi.gif