Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    edited May 2018
    Simmiller wrote: »
    > @Trimoth said:
    > Marduc_Plays wrote: »
    >
    > Trimoth wrote: »
    >
    > BTW allowing careers for teens is as easy as changing the resources in Sims4Studio and can be done in about 30 seconds. I have all of my adult careers working for teens now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe you could give more info on that? Thx in advance.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I opened up any career in sims4studio then go to the tab and find
    >
    > >Career Tuning line 11
    > TEEN
    >
    > >Interaction Tuning Line 115
    > TEEN
    >
    > The easiest way to do this is to click 'ctrl+f and search for YOUNGADULT' and you paste the
    > TEEN
    > above young adult and it converts to allow the careers for teens. Very simple and easy.
    >
    >
    > Here is a visual representation of the steps:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hit save when done editing

Would you mind if I add this to the tutorial on MTS?

sure go for it, it would save a lot of time if creators in the future could make all their careers teen inclusive!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Trimoth
    There are other differences between adult careers and teen careers than just this line though.

@Simtan16
    I've noticed it too, I'll take a look.

@Simeresther @Amandèle @Simmiller @Charzard
    I'll change the export process to avoid this. It's happening when the career is big, and the export is taking a long time.

@ConnyB1987
    It's on my list of things I'd like to add.

@KPC0528 @midnitetech
    I haven't reproduced the PTO bug so far. It's showing up fine on the phone. I'll keep an eye on it. Do you have a LastException file perhaps ?
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    @Neia thank you!
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • KPC0528KPC0528 Posts: 9 New Member
    @Neia I haven't had any LastException errors pop up in game :/ So weird....
  • Simtan16Simtan16 Posts: 8 New Member
    @Neia Thank you for your response. I hope you'll be able to get to the bottom of it soon. Also, I'll be looking forward to your new features.
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    KPC0528 wrote: »
    @Neia I haven't had any LastException errors pop up in game :/ So weird....

@Neia no LE's here either. I've tried removing all other mods to check that's not an issue. I don't THINK I'm doing anything wrong with python
  • DreadMermaidDreadMermaid Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Neia! I want to thank you for your hard work creating this web tool. It is absolutely amazing and I find no faults with it so far whatsoever. I've made a couple of careers and I love it! :) I would like to make a few suggestions though. Do you have an email address I can contact you on?
  • KPC0528KPC0528 Posts: 9 New Member
    @midnitetech Obviously not if it was working fine, then all of a sudden disappeared!!! The only other mods I've installed since then are KawaiiStacie's mod, so I wonder if they're conflicting.
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    KPC0528 wrote: »
    @midnitetech Obviously not if it was working fine, then all of a sudden disappeared!!! The only other mods I've installed since then are KawaiiStacie's mod, so I wonder if they're conflicting.

I messaged you yesterday as I fixed it
  • JoFe0211JoFe0211 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys,
    I have a problem with custom careers. My Sims can't take a Vacation Day and I dont know why. Does anybody know what could cause theis?
  • AurialAurial Posts: 53 Member
    I'd love to test this!
  • aqua951aqua951 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey. I want to create with this tool a "career" for children - something like interest clubs that a child can attend after school. how to make a career that will be available for the child? please tell me. (and sorry for my English, I'm not a native).
  • SimmerRockySimmerRocky Posts: 9 New Member
    > @JoFe0211 said:
    > Hey guys,
    > I have a problem with custom careers. My Sims can't take a Vacation Day and I dont know why. Does anybody know what could cause theis?

I think its something to do with the python script. im not sure how to use it myself either tbh.
    @Neia Hey, just wondering, when i set the working start hours in 24hour clock format it switches them around so for example i want to start at 11am (1100), in game it starts me at 11pm (2300) and vice versa. has anyone else had this or am i doing something wrong?
    @SimmerRocky
    If you want to start at 11am, you put 11
    @Neia ahh perfect, thank you. i was adding the 00 for the 24hr style clock. thanks for clearing that up :)
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited May 2018
    I can't seem to export a career for testing. I hit the export buttons and get the screen that says my career is being exported and then nothing seems to happen.

The problem was adding the large 1000 x 500 illustration. It would not export with the illustrations. When I removed them it worked. Any ideas for illustrations?

Edit: Ignore, it finally saved with illustrations.
    Post edited by Bronwin2 on
  • KimchibunnyyKimchibunnyy Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey neia! When I export a career and open it in sims4studio there are errors with the string. All the language strings say english and it won't let me access the strings.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    In designing a career is three the limit for objectives? And if you have branches in your career can you have more than 2 after the main career? Is there any reason when the career branches you couldn't have four choices?
    @Kimchibunnyy
    Indeed, there seems to be a problem when opening the STBL in S4PE too. I'll take a look.

@Bronwin2
    You can add as many objectives and as many branches as you'd like in the tool (no branches of branches though). You'd need to test if it works in game. So far I've made a career with 4 branches and it worked fine.
  • ThriaThria Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi everybody!
    I have a problem: The tool is absolutly amazing at first. I love it. But in my professionell dancer career it doesnt show wellness and dancing in the objectives (ingame). I have all addons for the game. I hope you can understand my problem? :-)
    greetings
    Thria wrote: »
    Hi everybody!
    I have a problem: The tool is absolutly amazing at first. I love it. But in my professionell dancer career it doesnt show wellness and dancing in the objectives (ingame). I have all addons for the game. I hope you can understand my problem? :-)
    greetings

Have you put the Neia_Careers_Commom.package in your mod folder ? It's required for some objectives.
  • ThriaThria Posts: 11 New Member
    Where can I find it? I dont found the package in the zip or somthing else. Thank you for the help!
  • alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member
    Hi, thanks for creating this tool! It's very useful <3

Btw i also noticed that even tho I include the vampire skills into my mod the Neia_Careers_Commons.package doesn't automatically download into my zip, maybe you should upload it somewhere on the site so people can just download it in case it doesn't work and they need it ;)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi @Neia ! I have my first custom careers working, and now I'm wondering... What do I do with them when there's a game update? I know you regularly update yours, so I figure there must be something I should prepared to do.

I'm also wondering if you've considered adding career outfits and rewards to the career builder, or if that's not stuff that you can access in the game.

EDIT: Also, thank you for this tool! It's SO AWESOME! And sorry it took me soooo long to finally use it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top