Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think the point of making the holidays is player control over the name and what's entailed. I like it. I kind of hope "default" holidays are like default clubs. You can delete them or they might not happen. I can live with it if they have it but this customization thing is more up my alley.
    egTcBMc.png
  • UniversalbriiUniversalbrii Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Jeojji said:
    > Although I'm sure this will be an amazing addition to the base game, I still observe, from the trailer, certain issues that I do not believe were intended but should still be discussed.
    > In the trailer, we are able to see families enjoying Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, and Easter. I do understand that these are some of the most well-known holidays globally, but they are not what ALL households would consider "the norm". In my opinion, this upcoming expansion pack is culturally lacking.
    > I'm personally from a Chinese background, and I can say that I do not celebrate any of those holidays. Instead, I celebrate festivals such as Lunar New Year, the Mid-Autumn Festival, and the Qingming Festival. Other holidays that are widely celebrated by several people are Ramadan, Eid, Diwali, Chuseok, and Cinco de Mayo.
    > The holidays shown within the video were very Eurocentric and target Western culture.
    > I am not suggesting to overload the game with all the holidays that exist, but having some diversity would definitely make the gameplay more interesting. I fully understand that with the release date so near, it is practically impossible to piece together something of quality, but I really do hope the team puts some consideration into this.
    >

SimGurus on twitter explained that we would be able to create our own holidays so that the game would feel personal to us! I believe that it will mirror Get together and the way we could create our own groups!
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,402 Member
    edited May 2018
    As for the thunder, simguruEmory on twitter said “but I believe thunderstorms will always make your Sims tense if they're out. You can always make it so that they love the rain though.” hopefully however it isn’t always raining. He also “officially leaked” that toddlers will get a swimwear clothing options
  • Doons99PDoons99P Posts: 908 Member
    So excited for gameplay and machinima. And I love that they've brought the scarecrow back from The Sims 2!
  • alexa426alexa426 Posts: 54 Member
    YESSSSS
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    pre-ordered. :)
  • alexa426alexa426 Posts: 54 Member
    so excited
  • postlamppostlamp Posts: 5 New Member
    Slightly confused: how are more clothing categories going to work? In reality, it will be quite annoying if we have to make outfits for every season (I already spend hours in CAS). Apart from that, and the snow depth issue, super excited! Just hopes it's worth the hype this time.
  • KimmycuteyKimmycutey Posts: 4 New Member
    I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR SIMS4 SEASONS AND SWINGS ARE BACK! ---- but.. when do we get different set of stairs and when can we split level?
  • cup_kakecup_kake Posts: 34 Member
    Thanks @CrystalAbyss1, but to a less confusing subject, anyone got any ideas for custom holidays?
    139?cb=20160208212432

• gamer_boo666gamer_boo666 Posts: 1 New Member
    hello I am so excited however I do have a few questions
    1)will your sims being out in the cold for to long have an effect
    2)why are some spooky stuff objects in the seasons trailer
    3)will we chose the season or will the weather and holidays come at random
    4)will there be new festivals like there is in the city
    thank you please like if you know and also comment
    from gamer_boo666
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    from gamer_boo666

1: That has not been confirmed.
    2: Reasoning has not been explained.
    3: When you launch either you pre-existing saves or a new save for the first time when you've installed the pack, you can choose which season to start in, but you can not customise seasons. (ex. winter, winter, fall, fall). Although the weather machine seems to have some power over that.
    4: They chose to focus on holidays this time around, so no new seasons, but new holidays - even customisable ones.

:smile:
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    from gamer_boo666

It was confirmed that there are new deaths, and one of them is 'chilling' (as SimGuruEmory said), so I guess it's safe to say there will be consequences of staying in the cold for too long :) Also he confirmed that you can have eternal season (for example winter) with the weather machine. You can change the length of seasons too, but I'm not sure if you can do it separately for each of them, but if so I guess you can skip some of them that way.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Oh yes, so excited. snowmen weather machine and scare crows yaaa
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    from gamer_boo666

It was confirmed that there are new deaths, and one of them is 'chilling' (as SimGuruEmory said), so I guess it's safe to say there will be consequences of staying in the cold for too long :) Also he confirmed that you can have eternal season (for example winter) with the weather machine. You can change the length of seasons too, but I'm not sure if you can do it separately for each of them, but if so I guess you can skip some of them that way.
    Wow didn't think of this yet till you posted that... but an eternal season like winter .. could be useful in some sort of apocalypse challenge. Not going to play this way at first but could be fun to play around with later.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Oh no! Thunderstorms make Sims very tense. Great. :/ Does this mean they will end up needing to tweak an overactive emotion in the following patch?
    I love thunderstorms and I expect my Sims to as well. I would hope that this is counteracted with some new traits....
    I think they mean when there outside I don’t think they’ll be tense in the house. I believe the reason why they get tense is because when there put in a thunder storm they could die.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    Hi, I don't have twitter, does anyone know if radiators from Vampires will work in Seasons?
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • IkutuchaIkutucha Posts: 11 New Member
    Woohoo! We finally got it, yay! Can't wait till June 22, will be pre-ordering this one!:)
  • VieraRedMageVieraRedMage Posts: 42 Member
    > @cup_kake said:
    > Thanks @CrystalAbyss1, but to a less confusing subject, anyone got any ideas for custom holidays?

National Pizza Day is a real life day** in the US, @cup_kake ! It's not much more than a cursory title "holiday" but it does exist. Pizza is pretty much a food group if not half the food pyramid in Chicago & a valid reason for any gathering, so it's almost impossible to /not/ hear about this "holiday" from at least 2 people you know, especially old-timer, lifelong Chicagoans who've recently discovered the internet. (**Actually, I'm pretty sure there's a National AND an International Pizza day, as I vividly recall celebrating that twice this year....)

My suggestion? Make this a legit holiday for the Sims, but make it a bit more encompassing than just ordering a pizza & calling a friend over [S]20 minutes after your mom asks if you knew it's National Pizza Day and you awkwardly act as if you'd intended doing that all along[/S]. Make it like a 1-day love letter to all things pizza. Have sims throw a party, order a bunch of pizzas, have them all talk about pizzas/food/cooking, watch the cooking channel (or a movie if you have Movie Hangout Stuff!) while eating pizza, maybe even have them attempt to make pizza at home (which I thiiiink is possible without mods but I may be wrong) - basically, have a festive, cheesy culinary bash that delights Sims' tastebuds and cooking skills. Discover the true meaning of pizza. Don't just eat the pizza, feel the pizza. BE the pizza. ~
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think the reason for them adding in custom holidays is that people who are not American can create their own holiday celebrations (religious or otherwise) that they celebrate. All the current holidays are mostly American, so, now, anyone can create any holiday they wish for their sims to celebrate, Hanukkah, Boxing Day, etc. This could also include birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
    I think the reason for them adding in custom holidays is that people who are not American can create their own holiday celebrations (religious or otherwise) that they celebrate. All the current holidays are mostly American, so, now, anyone can create any holiday they wish for their sims to celebrate, Hanukkah, Boxing Day, etc. This could also include birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
  • Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    omg!!! seasons was my favorite thing for sims 3. and it's being released the day before my birthday!! :D
    giphy.gif
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    So as it's been confirmed that snow is just a terrain paint, I'm gonna have to say that this series is over for me.
    Can't really understand how players can cope with it.
    The Sims 4 has only limitations.
    Why do they develop the game if it's so limited.
    Not every place has snow up to your knees. This pack is full of so many wonderful things that a couple of weeks of winter with nondeep snow is not a problem for me.