Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Cebu2cool wrote: »
    @Pallystyle Very nice build ...and ummm Sim Entry is a thing too? I feel out of the loop.

Each challenge generally has a Sim (There wasn't one for Hawthorne because forum members submit a sim for this challenge), Room, and Full Build option. You are welcome to enter one, two, or all of the challenges options. Totally up to you :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    everyone has such creative builds! Love them all!

IDK if I'll be entering this time around.....just not in love with my build and don't have the energy to start again xD

Hi @FidgetyAtom - I totally understand that one. I had an idea, and I just don't have the skills to do what I wanted. I am working on a build, but I am just not sure if it will be finished in time. It is the long weekend here, and I need to get doing some things tomorrow. Anyway, maybe just enter the room or sims challenge.

I've been wondering about this one, myself, lately. I keep thinking I should demote myself back down to the Beginner level, because I struggle so much with the camera controls when I'm trying to take photos for my slides, and with the builds half my time is spent on SimsVIP, Carl's Guides, etc looking up how to do things with the cheat codes and advanced techniques. I just didn't want to be unfair to people who are literally just starting out, when I've been playing Sims since the first iteration of SimCity. :neutral:
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #95 - We Need Some Space -
    FORUM ID: wrathofcath
    ORIGIN ID: wrathofcath
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Life On Mars
    LOT COST: $401,705
    LOT NAME: Sandtrap Flat
    BUILD COST: $2000
    TOTAL COST: $421,705
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/HNtJ4VK
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome to the newly developed Mars Habitation for Simlings! It's a completely self contained Habitation designed with the utmost care, to be both aesthetically pleasing as well as completely self sustained. It contains six bedrooms for a team of astronauts and scientists, four bathrooms, kitchen, recreation room, gym, laboratory, greenhouse, study and more. Everything to ensure a safe, comfortable and productive life style for the team.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    TWITTER TAG: I'm out of the loop.
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Still haven't made one BUT I do have the best of intentions.
    TUMBLR LINK: Again, out of the loop.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Fox1ogH.png

dcuWZPy.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    4Sanne wrote: »
    Cebu2cool wrote: »
    With the upcoming Seasons EP I see that my MARS 3.0 Green House is going to have an upgrade! tn9yfGO.jpg

Yeah!! The very first shot of the trailer and I practically died of joy because of that glass roof!! Then, later on, you see a similar glass roof but with a distinctly different pattern! :o Maybe this will actually be a new roofing type? I hope so... Than we'll have to do another Mars Habitat :p

@Cebu2cool you’ll need to engineer a solution so you don’t get metiorites in your building! ;-) my immediate thought was a SIM watching TV, a meteor comes through the glass roof and SIM gets sucked out in space. But I could not agree with you more it looks like a fantastic roof or object! Very nice build also.
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited May 2018
    FORUM ID: itguyinsc
    ORIGIN ID: itguyinsc
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1E81C206614F11E8855859B32C46482C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=itguyinsc&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2000
    LOT NAME: Sandtrap Flat - Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST:$299,268
    TOTAL COST: $301,268
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/E2VoWpV

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Ready to launch from Earth on a journey to Mars. Discovery is a prototype designed as a self-sustaining environment for life on another planet. Enter through one of the four depressurization chambers then you will enjoy a kitchen and dining area in addition to Renewal Pods, Hygiene Pods, Entertainment Pod, Fitness Pod plus Research & Medical Lab with Indoor Garden as well. Complete water filtration and clean-air system including solar panels for energy. There is a uniquely designed water filtration system for water that may be found. The Discovery has additional walls that descend beneath the ground to encapsulate any potential water sources. This increases productivity and survival statistics for “out of this world" travelers. The exterior has an abundant supply of exhaust ducts/vents and fans to keep the air inside pure and clean. In addition to the roof top solar panels, there is a fuel powered generator to allow for a lengthy stay on any planet!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: of course :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used, MOO used, Enlarged items used, DeBug items used, Unlocked items used

wSzOQ6R.png?1

Fn3hZvq.png?1
    Post edited by itguyinsc on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    FORUM ID: KojiK
    ORIGIN ID: K0J1K
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Mars Habitat
    LOT COST: 2.500
    LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent
    BUILD COST:203.939
    TOTAL COST: 206.439
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/q9rRTbF
    ENTRY DETAILS: Top Secret Mars Habitat design adapted to fit 6 astronauts on its enclose and comfortable artificial atmosphere including a lab, gym, kitchen,pool, harvestable garden and living quarters for the whole crew everything in a self sustainable ambience.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOCC, MOO
    TWITTER TAG: @TheSimsDesigns
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

wO7o3Dp.png
    sEMSuGA.png

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited May 2018
    FORUM ID: Abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LOT: Sandtrap flat (Windenburg)
    LOT COST:
    LOT NAME: Mars Utopia
    GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C474FA4D61D211E8856511D77608EF1A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: $353 081(on gallery)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157694175831512

ENTRY DETAILS:
    With everything you will need to survive on Mars, Mars Topia is just the place you need. On the second floor is the telescope. On the first floor we have the lounge/ entertainment room. Large kitchen and laundry. Science lab equipped with the best equipment. On the ground floor a botanic garden and a swimming pool/gym. In the basement, 3 sleeping quarters cubicles, 4 full bathrooms and a clinic. First floor basement a blastoff room. On the ground floor there is state of the art water purifying system and ISRU equipment to produce enough oxygen for the inhabitants. On the roof there are solar panels for energy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used, MOO used, Enlarged items used, DeBug items used

Z0Oy6Hr.png

BWEhLrZ.png

Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    For the room challenge...what if my build is going to have a garden area? It says the budget for the garden room is unlimited? So say I build the mars base and the base is 500,000$ and then the room itself is 50,000$ so the whole lot would be 550,000$? Or should I make the garden room a separate build?
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited May 2018
    CHALLENGE #95 - We Need Some Space
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LOT: MARS ROCKS COLONY
    LOT COST: $2,500
    LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent, Newcrest
    BUILD COST: $491,157
    TOTAL COST: $493.657
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/qYHqRi3

ENTRY DETAILS:
    MARS ROCKS COLONY is a self-contained space complex for 6 sims. Although a prototype, this complex will be able to house sims on Mars! Using solar panels and wind turbines for energy. There is also a back-up MegaSim-2525 generator. A new water filtration technology is featured utilizing the underground Martian water wells and plant's photosynthesis properties to ensure plenty of clean water. Enjoy life in space, with space-age technology in the kitchen with a food synthesizer, bar and lounge area, and recreation and library. Command center and science lab, plus a garden research center employing experimental growing techniques. Four droids are also featured to help in the daily work.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but MOO + resizing used, debug & unlocked items
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

NIGHT_VIEW_BNS95.png

mars_rocks_main_water_filter.png

Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited May 2018
    For the room challenge...what if my build is going to have a garden area? It says the budget for the garden room is unlimited? So say I build the mars base and the base is 500,000$ and then the room itself is 50,000$ so the whole lot would be 550,000$? Or should I make the garden room a separate build?

@VagueNightmare - there are 3 challenges. One is the Mars habitat build with a budget of $500,000 simoleons (which needs to be built with a garden and other criteria). The second is to create 6 sims, and the third is a room challenge for the garden, which has an unlimited budget. So, if you are doing the Mars habitat build, you can't go over the $500,000 simoleon mark. But, for the separate challenge....the room challenge....not part of the build, but separate, is for a garden area with an unlimited budget.

I hope that helps :)

@abelhinha35 - do you have some other images in imgur? I only see one and normally the judges need to see room shots, etc. of the build.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    @SoulGal7, I do have 112 pics for my slide show. Just need to tag them all. :)

@SoulGal7, I do have 112 pics for my slide show. Just need to tag them all. :)

@abelhinha35 - oh that's great!
  • BolonkafrauchenBolonkafrauchen Posts: 73 Member
    FORUM ID:Bolonkafrauchen
    ORIGIN ID: bolonkafrauchen
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) established
    LOT: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery) Mars Project
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: (Which lot you built on)Newcrest, tranquil Crescent
    BUILD COST: 442.372
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)445,144
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    https://imgur.com/a/eORMEZc
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    Dear general Harris,
    This is my design for the sims Mars – Project. I hope you will be happy to find that I have managed to stay within the budget and size of the project. The top 2 storey of the build are designed for the living quarters of your scientists. They key to happiness when living in a secluded area is both space and privacy. That is why each scientist has his/her own en-suite bathroom in the sleeping- area. There is a spacious dining-place with a canteen, which will be able to serve even more people, if proven necessary. The living-room area has a TV and playing features, there is a big gym, complete with a yoga- and pool area. Surrounding the build is a glasshouse roof- and wall system to be let on the Marsian ground, ready to host Marian plant-life. One of the scientists is from Sixam and he agreed to provide some of their original plants to try if the conditions work. The light of the UV-lamps in this section is different to the “normal” greenhouse as it provides the for Mars required colour-spectrum. You also find the observatory in this area, it has been fitted very tightly WITHIN the roof, so that no oxygen escapes and the atmosphere is preserved.
    The whole “science area” is downstairs in the basement. This makes it easier for thew scientists to maintain a “work-life balance” by actually separating work and free-time. There is a big microscope room, a room for chemistry analysis, a big greenhouse for all sorts of fruit and vegetables. Since the greenhouse is in the basement, it is two storeys high and has room enough, even for trees. There is also an archaeology room and a room for physical experiments, which also contains the motors for electricity, and oxygen, needed for the Sims to survive. One of the Sim scientists should be a doctor to help with any medical emergency that is why I included a small hospital ward. Apart from a small kitchen for break time, there is also a big study –and conference room, where each scientist has his or her own desk, as well as a conference table. Last, but not least, the Sixam offered to place one of their transportation devices into the Mars-station. This may enable visiting scientists from Sixam, or if found , from Mars, without having to open the outer doors. Sixam promised to deliver one of these transporter systems to other Alien scientists, if needed.
    The costs were within the budget. But to make things cheaper, the sleeping quarters and bathrooms are all of modular structure. Creating them the same, will make serial build cheaper and more effective. Furniture of both bedroom and bathroom are available in a variety of colours to ensure private taste despite this money-saving procedure.

I do hope you like my works, and I will be happy to get back to you, if you should have questions
    Yours
    Bolonkafrauchen – designer-
    P.S. I forgot to add, there is a small cupboard under the basement stairs. It contains a baby bed and a small cupboard with clothing and baby-formula. While I whole-heartedly discourage anyone to raise a child under such enclosed conditions, accidents DO happen and the extreme short Sim pregnancy might find it impossible to find an emplacement scientist in time. This supply might bridge the early baby stage, enabling the mother to return to Simsworld via Sixam when the child has reached toddler stage.
    Technical comment. The hospital wing would be playable as a hospital if you swapped the alien are with a reception room. I did not do that, for the obvious reason that the sims insice the Mars project should be enclosed on their own during the trial perod. But I still wanted medical emergencies on Mars taken care of 
    The observatory sticks to the ceiling of the “outer greenhouse” on purpose 
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry . yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) NoCC
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please
    d64joUn.png?1
    kHCajnM.png?1

vdeaSb2.jpg
  • BolonkafrauchenBolonkafrauchen Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2018
    FORUM ID:Bolonkafrauchen
    ORIGIN ID: bolonkafrauchen
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) established
    LOT: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery) Mars Project
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: (Which lot you built on)Newcrest, tranquil Crescent
    BUILD COST: 442.372
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)445,144
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    https://imgur.com/a/eORMEZc
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    Dear general Harris,
    This is my design for the sims Mars – Project. I hope you will be happy to find that I have managed to stay within the budget and size of the project. The top 2 storeys of the build are designed for the living quarters of your scientists. They key to happiness when living in a secluded area is both space and privacy. That is why each scientist has his/her own en-suite bathroom in the sleeping- area. There is a spacious dining-place with a canteen, which will be able to serve even more people, if proven necessary. The living-room area has a TV and playing features, there is a big gym, complete with a yoga- and pool area. Surrounding the build is a glasshouse roof- and wall system to be let on the Marsian ground, ready to host Marian plant-life. One of the scientists is from Sixam and he agreed to provide some of their original plants to try if the conditions work. The light of the UV-lamps in this section is different to the “normal” greenhouse as it provides the for Mars required colour-spectrum. You also find the observatory in this area, it has been fitted very tightly WITHIN the roof, so that no oxygen escapes and the atmosphere is preserved.
    The whole “science area” is downstairs in the basement. This makes it easier for the scientists to maintain a “work-life balance” by actually separating work and free-time. There is a big microscope room, a room for chemistry analysis, a big greenhouse for all sorts of fruit and vegetables. Since the greenhouse is in the basement, it is two storeys high and has room enough, even for trees. There is also an archaeology room and a room for physical experiments, which also contains the motors for electricity, and oxygen, needed for the Sims to survive. One of the Sim scientists should be a doctor to help with any medical emergency that is why I included a small hospital ward. Apart from a small kitchen for break time, there is also a big study –and conference room, where each scientist has his or her own desk, as well as a conference table. Last, but not least, the Sixam offered to place one of their transportation devices into the Mars-station. This may enable visiting scientists from Sixam, or if found , from Mars, without having to open the outer doors. Sixam promised to deliver one of these transporter systems to other Alien scientists, if needed.
    The costs were within the budget. But to make things cheaper, the sleeping quarters and bathrooms are all of modular structure. Creating them the same, will make serial build cheaper and more effective. Furniture of both bedroom and bathroom are available in a variety of colours to ensure private taste despite this money-saving procedure.

I do hope you like my works, and I will be happy to get back to you, if you should have questions
    Yours
    Bolonkafrauchen – designer-
    P.S. I forgot to add, there is a small cupboard under the basement stairs. It contains a baby bed and a small cupboard with clothing and baby-formula. While I whole-heartedly discourage anyone to raise a child under such enclosed conditions, accidents DO happen and the extreme short Sim pregnancy might find it impossible to find an emplacement scientist in time. This supply might bridge the early baby stage, enabling the mother to return to Simsworld via Sixam when the child has reached toddler stage.
    Technical comment. The hospital wing would be playable as a hospital if you swapped the alien are with a reception room. I did not do that, for the obvious reason that the sims inside the Mars project should be enclosed on their own during the trial period. But I still wanted medical emergencies on Mars taken care of 
    The observatory sticks to the ceiling of the “outer greenhouse” on purpose 
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry . yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry) NoCC
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please
    d64joUn.png?1
    kHCajnM.png?1

vdeaSb2.jpg
    edited May 2018
    @Bolonkafrauchen - such a lovely build. The greenhouse is so lush!

@abelhinha35 - I finally got a chance to look at your slide show and your build is so unique and awesome! Love the bunkbeds!

@Pallystyle - I so love your build and the "glow" from the building. Nice!

@Kojik - Wow! What a great build. It really does look like it belongs on Mars. Fantastic job, and even though you didn't mention it in your slide show, I love your Mars rover "digging" on the site :)

@WrathofCath - This is such a terrific build and a fantastic layout. Superb!

@itguyinsc - This is such a beautiful looking build. I am in awe. The layout is so well thought out. It really is nice.

@VagueNightmare - what a very futuristic build! Ingenious use of the desk lamp as pillar lights - very cool.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    edited May 2018
    FORUM ID:VagueNightmare
    ORIGIN ID:FailureCloud
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C9EFBC10627311E88BDF59B32C46482C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FailureCloud&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:N/A
    LOT NAME: The Future is Here
    BUILD COST:206,870$
    TOTAL COST: 206,870$
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/PrpQrej

ENTRY DETAILS: Ahem! *puts on my best 60's radio announcer voice* Yes folks you read that right! The Future of space living is here! Feast your eyes on the Mars Module made by SIS* Self-contained and self-sustaining this place has it all! Enjoy the conservatory, take a jog in the fitness room, or put your mind to the test in the expansive sub level research facility! With so much to do you will never be bored in the Mars Module! And all this can be yours for the low low price of 206,870$! (+S&H) *Sims in Space is not responsible for alien abduction, please read and sign all safety disclosure forms upon purchase!

Notes about my entry: The Doctors stuff doesn't work its purely aesthetic(doctor items have never worked off of a sims job site). I wanted to make it look like the facility had a medical bay, and i also wanted to make a creepy alien dissection room that's heavily monitored and barricaded to civilian sims.

The Mars module is built into the side of a pool and 2 small caves can be found on the lot with strange flora! The sub level has a very noticeable rock formation jutting into the room. I wanted to make it look like the sims had hit a rare martian ore vein and then built around it(Like frey house 2. A refrence picture of this is saved to the slideshow as well.)

The theme for my build was retro futurism which i based the build off of a picture i will add into the slideshow. Retro futurism was based off of science and technology advancements that never came to be, and I wanted to capture the pure absurdity of retro futurism in this build!

Player tested!

Sim entry to come later today!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: nah i just did this for fun
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/FailureCloud
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Front:
    faUYGhv.png

Research Lab:
    gCUeK3c.png
    Post edited by VagueNightmare on
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    Oh my goodness Everybody!! What absolutely AMAZING builds!! I LOVE them ALL!!

@BuildnShare -- I can hardly wait to see what the New Challenge will be.. this is all so exciting!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    FORUM ID: Oliana
    ORIGIN ID: jadeiam
    LOT: Mars One Gallery Link
    LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Sandtrap Flat, Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST: 311,455
    TOTAL COST: 313,455
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Mars One
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mars One is a modular habitat system capable of sustaining six astronauts/scientists for extended periods of time. The environmental control and life support system (ECLSS) is fully self contained and ensures the viability of life on Mars. Fitted with medical lab, storage facilities, private sleeping quarters and communal living space, environmental bay, water storage and recycling plants, advanced science lab and recreational areas.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes :)

2dvpkhY.png
    1lSpwB3.png
    @oliana - what a terrific build. The rooms flow very nicely and I love the M1 on top of the build. Very nice!
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    FORUM ID: trashdocka
    ORIGIN ID: Sekyria
    LOT: Here
    LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Sandtrap Flat
    BUILD COST: 156 629
    TOTAL COST: 158 629
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/4bVb6BE
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to create a very light environment, with windows and a lot of white interior. The bottom floor consists of a kitchen and a recreation room which connects with the greenhouse. The laboratory is connected with the kitchen and the gym is connected to the recreation room. On the second floor there is two big bedrooms with three beds and one bathroom each. In the middle of the building there is a rocket ship.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    TWITTER TAG: -
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: -
    TUMBLR LINK: -
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    hRuWWDg.png
    MsoX2HL.png

• kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    FORUM ID: kilra0
    ORIGIN ID: kilra0
    LOT: Enter Space
    LOT COST:2000
    LOT NAME: Fledermaus Bend / Forgotten Hollow
    BUILD COST:494,118
    TOTAL COST: 496,118
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/rYedfw8
    ENTRY DETAILS: my Mars mission has already contact to their new neighbours, the scientists are going crazy about it but look at the slideshow and see yourself how good life on Mars is
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    8FSCWbN.png
    lMVVy2W.png
    it had to happen
    BI3nsKt.png
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I'm blown away by the entries again this challenge! You are all so creative!!!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare -- I can hardly wait to see what the New Challenge will be.. this is all so exciting!!
    This makes us all very happy bunnies here at BuildnShare!!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member

FORUM ID: linday
    ORIGIN ID: iamlinday
    LOT: Gallery link
    LOT COST: §1500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow, Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST: § 381,791
    TOTAL COST: § 383,291
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Blog post link
    ENTRY DETAILS: Where to start?? I wanted to make something that felt utilitarian, for the most part, but also added some sort of comfort, a home away from home. So the astronauts got stuck with sleeping pods instead of bigger bedrooms, but I added some greenery behind glass, and included natural light even on the basement level, to try to keep them sane up there. I also wanted to focus on the greenhouse area - and that's where I started and the build developed from. I had fun!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a
    TWITTER TAG: @linday_
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    28540276988_e7f49bb81f_z.jpg
    28540138278_5dc6aa85ae_z.jpg
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #95 - We Need Some Space

FORUM ID: 4Sanne
    ORIGIN ID: 4Sanne

HOUSEHOLD: GALLERY LINK 'Sailers amongst the stars'
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: SLIDESHOW 'Sailors amongst the stars'

ENTRY DETAILS:

Meet our team: The Sailors to the stars!
    From left to right:
    Mateo Mesa, Biologist and Botanist
    Tito Nguyen, Aerospace Engineer and resident Computer Wizz
    Micheal Kane. Doctor, surgeon and bio-engineer
    Carmen Ash, Chemist
    Sam (Samantha) O'Reilly, Mechanical Engineer
    Mira Rey, Geologist

Mateo 'Bushman' Mera is our Biologist and Botanist.
    He was always kind of a wild child. Running away from home, bringing 'lost' puppies back when he returned. He grew up on his families farm where he helped with the livestock and crops, inventing new ways to increase biodiversity and yield. He never thought he would be able to go to college, let alone university, but his parents and teachers saw great potential in his divergent mind and brilliant inventions. So they collaborated to get him a scholarship.
    As a biology student he once went to Selvadorada to study fire bats for two months. He ended up staying for three years, discovering many new types of plants. Among those was a distinct alien species, which triggered an interest in space. This is also how he earned his nickname 'Bushman'.
    After finishing his biology studies, he pursued his PhD. in botany. After wich he applied for the SSA's astronaut candidate program. His time surviving in the jungle made him an excellent candidate and he was accepted. He never stopped his research and published several studies even after becoming an astronaut.
    He likes rockclimbing, cooking and gardening.

Tito 'Titan' Nguyen is our aerospace engineer and self-taught computer wizz.
    Growing up there was nothing he rather did than playing computer games. He was a quiet and shy boy, never really feeling he fit in. When he discovered online gaming, he became somewhat of a legend with his avatar 'Titan', winning several major tounaments. By this time he had taught himself how to fix any computer he could get his hands on. Interacting with so many people and traveling the world for contests really helped him come out of his shell.
    He studied computer science and worked as a computer systems engineer for a few years, but found it utterly boring. He missed the thrill he loved so much in gaming, so he set to finding himself a career that would fit him better. He decided to get his PhD. in aerospace engineering and went for a job interview at the SSA, who suggested he might be an ideal candidate for their astronaut candidate program instead. He jumped at the chance and got accepted.

Dr. Micheal 'X-Ray' Kane is our physician and surgeon. He also does some bio-engineering in the medical field.
    He was an army brat. He grew up moving with his parents from base to base, all over the world. After military school he became an army pilot.
    This however, never fully satisfied him, so he went and studied medicine at the Uniformed Services University. He was a field doctor for years, before he became interested in bio-engineering.
    He earned his nickname 'X-Ray' because of his unprecedented precision equally with a weapon and a scalpel. His colleagues said he must have X-ray vision.
    He collaborated with the Biomedial Engineering for Exploration Space Technology (BEEST) Laboratory and became more and more interested in space exploration. A few years ago he was accepted to the SSA's astronaut candidate program. He has been training for missions like these ever since.
    He likes playing chess and, although he is an utterly serious man, he secretly loves to dance (aslong as nobody is watching ofcourse).

Carmen 'Hot Stuff' Ash is our Chemist.
    She has always been kind of a day-dreaming girly girl, except for her fascination with science. In the small town where she grew up, she was the only girl in her school to attend those classes, and aced every one of them. When the guys were all going to MIT, nobody really thought she would go as well, being a girl and all. Initially she just went to spite them, but she ended up falling in love with Chemistry.
    Being such a pretty girl, she was used to guys hitting on her. So when one day at work a guy yelled "Watch out, Hot Stuff coming through!" when she was walking by with her tray of radioactive and highly hazardous materials, she automatically assumed he meant her. They were both a little embarrassed when it became clear he had only meant to warn people about what she was carrying around. Still, the nickname "Hot Stuff' stuck, because she definitely was a head-turner.
    She started working for the SSA to help develop quick and easy watercontamination tests. She met Micheal Kane and joined him in perfecting ways to create medical tracers and chemical markers for use in outer space. He was highly impressed with her skills, said he could use her help 'on the road' and suggested she'd apply to the astronaut candidate program to see if she could join him on his missions. Ofcourse she did and now she is the newest member of the team.
    She likes to paint and play the violin.

Sam 'O-matic' O'Reilly is our Mechanical engineer.
    She was the only child of a flightschool owner. Her dad looked after her on his own after her mom died when she was three. From the time she could walk, she was at the fightschool, always tinkering around with the broken equipment. When she was 12 she could fix anything from parachute equipment to planes. Everybody said: "with Sam around everything gets fixed automatically". After a while they just started calling it 'Sam-o-matic repairs' and her name became synonymous with that.
    Since her father was a flying fanatic, he taught her to fly as soon as she could reach the levers and pedals. The day she turned 17 she got her official licence and started working with her dad, not only on the ground but also in the air.
    Two years later he died. Utterly distraught Sam just wanted to get away from the place she had loved so much, but was now painfully empty without her father. She decided to sell the flightschool and she used the money to get her commercial pilot licence. When she realized she wasn't old enough to fly with any domestic airline yet, she decided to go abroad. She became one of the youngest airline pilots ever. After a few years she met a nice young man, settled down with him and stopped taking every flight she could get.
    After a while she even quit her job to study Mechanical engineering, because she had started to miss tinkering a lot. She did notice she had a hard time staying in one place, still. She was getting pretty restless. When she got her degree and suggested to her guy they should spend some time traveling, he couldn't leave his home... and she couldn't stay. On her way to the airport she was thinking about her years flying and realized there was no place on this earth she hadn't already been. She decided her only option was to not stay on this planet... and got herself to SSA to apply to the astronaut candidate program. She (again) became one of the youngest to get accepted and has been flying missions for a few years now.

Mira 'Rockstar' Rey is our Geologist.
    After getting her PhD. in Geology, she conducted extensive research in Antarctica and the jungles of Selvadorada. During one of her studies - as a newbie in the field- she was sure she had found some rare spacerocks and rushed to show her supervisors. In her excitement she tripped and fell face first into a huge excavation ditch, losing her precious spacerocks and frantically jumping around to both find them and not ruin the whole excavation. One of her colleagues saw her 'dancing around' and decided to play 'We will Rock you' very loudly on his boombox, alerting everyone in camp to Mira's predicament and earning her the nickname 'Rockstar'.
    One of her fascinations is terraforming. She wrote several papers on this subject, gaining prestige and respect in her community . She worked for the SSA as a scientist, remotely investigating the stratigraphy, geology and geomorphology of Mars' surface for years. When she heard a team was going to be sent there in the near future, she immediately applied for the astronaut candidate program, and was happy to be accepted and chosen to be one of the scientist joining the mission.
    She loves rockclimbing and started practicing creative writing.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    KOl2pWQ.jpg
    qAhnJci.png

*Edited: Replaced first picture with one which shows the astronauts in the right order.
    Post edited by 4Sanne on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top