Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Mobile Feedback - Suggestions for Improvements

Comments

• ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    It'd be really great if retired Sims could be 'interactive' for a longer time, especially now that we have a senior-related story. I started it with one of my Sims and his mother, I got almost 50% done, but I can't move it forward because the game already gives me only the option to move the elders out. A little frustrating.

I haven't experienced that yet since I don't have any elders yet but It is constantly telling me to retire my sim.
    I think there should be more interactions with children, and elders,
    and like we mentioned before, it would be nice to have a teen life stage.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• FlapjacqFlapjacq Posts: 12 New Member
    I can’t quote reply from my iPad.. but i saw somewhere that someone recommended to try opening the chests at odd hours / non peak hours . I did get all rare items opening chests at those times but i don’t know if the amount of players opening boxes at the same time actually affect our chances. Hahah
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    It'd be really great if retired Sims could be 'interactive' for a longer time, especially now that we have a senior-related story. I started it with one of my Sims and his mother, I got almost 50% done, but I can't move it forward because the game already gives me only the option to move the elders out. A little frustrating.

I haven't experienced that yet since I don't have any elders yet but It is constantly telling me to retire my sim.

The costant reminder of retirement is annoying as well. But when you aged up Sims to elders, after couple of days the blue icon just appears over their heads, and you have no other option but move them out completely or try to ignore the icon and let them roaming the house with no reason. It's a shame, especially that we have that new elders story. It looks like you can't complete it with your own elders, unless you spend a lot of time on that to speed things up.
    Flapjacq wrote: »
    I can’t quote reply from my iPad.. but i saw somewhere that someone recommended to try opening the chests at odd hours / non peak hours . I did get all rare items opening chests at those times but i don’t know if the amount of players opening boxes at the same time actually affect our chances. Hahah

Thank you! I’ll try that out. I know my sister finally received the bubble blower yesterday around midnight so Maybe I’ll get lucky and receive the rare items finally lol
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

The costant reminder of retirement is annoying as well. But when you aged up Sims to elders, after couple of days the blue icon just appears over their heads, and you have no other option but move them out completely or try to ignore the icon and let them roaming the house with no reason. It's a shame, especially that we have that new elders story. It looks like you can't complete it with your own elders, unless you spend a lot of time on that to speed things up.

I agree. Children and elders have such short life stages. I only spend a few moments with my child before it wants to grow up into an adult. I guess there’s more to do with adults anyways but it would be nice if there were a story for parents and children to bond other than the few events so that when the child grows up into an adult, it doesn’t say to do an “introduction”, it just unlocks the next part of the story or something.

Same with elders. If they have a story, let them do it! Let them retire whenever the story is done. I don’t like how the game tries to rush everything (and constantly remind you) - aging up, retirement, etc. and it blocks you from interacting with the character until you grow them up.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Kjam85911Kjam85911 Posts: 1 New Member
    Why can’t i post my own question??? There is no option so all I can do is reply to another post.... I need help! When you do a free action, say you “discuss latest cat gif” and you earn 5 seconds of time... what does that time go towards??? I thought it went towards daily time and decreased time til my next energy point would appear, but it doesn’t because I did some 2m ones and nothing... so what is it actually for??
    Kjam85911 wrote: »
    Why can’t i post my own question??? There is no option so all I can do is reply to another post.... I need help! When you do a free action, say you “discuss latest cat gif” and you earn 5 seconds of time... what does that time go towards??? I thought it went towards daily time and decreased time til my next energy point would appear, but it doesn’t because I did some 2m ones and nothing... so what is it actually for??

I believe you have to be a member in the forums to post. Keep participating in discussions to increase your points :smile: & I think by doing those actions, you are decreasing the time. Like if you complete an action that says 12m, it should decrease the time left until the event ends by 12 minutes. But it doesn’t count towards time for your energy points.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

@Kjam85911

Whoops, I just noticed you said a free action lol. Idk if I can edit my comment on my phone so I’ll just write a new comment lol :#

I think it is just timing how long the action takes before you complete it. Like how a rinse in the shower takes like 5 seconds. You don’t earn or decrease time with free actions. You can gain points towards your relationship with the other sim or gain XP.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Coop3Coop3 Posts: 4 New Member
    I really really really would love to have a way to trade objects with other players or sell them like a garage sale of sorts. Per my comment about events... I do NOT need 6 elegant mirrors.
    Coop3 wrote: »
    I really really really would love to have a way to trade objects with other players or sell them like a garage sale of sorts. Per my comment about events... I do NOT need 6 elegant mirrors.

I agree! My friends and I were talking about that just yesterday.
    I have tons of repeat items now, some of which my friend doesn't have, and vice versa. It would be nice to be able to trade objects or sell unwanted objects. If I have new chairs, I don't really need the old ones that I put in the storage.

The event ornate box just irritates me lol
    I just reallllyyy dislike that I keep getting the same pants over and over, any time of the day, only for it to be swapped for tickets *eye rolls*
    Why can't it just stop including the item (that can't even have repeats) as one of the prize options?
    Bubble blower and shirt pleaaaasseeeeeee !!!
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Speaking of annoyances, I tried the box at the exact time my sis got the bubble blower and received the pants again .. 2x in a row..
    Now I am left with 4 deluxe coins, 6 hours to go for the next event to unlock, 3 events I will have to do to be able to get ONE ornate box, 19 hours for the leisure (80 deluxe coins) event, and only 13 hours left in the entire event. So ... I've accepted I just won't get those prizes :'(
    && I am trying to play without spending any real money on the app.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• NozzaNozza Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Ashbash89 said:
    > Also, I keep getting issues with Sims not starting an event when I confirm it. So I'll set up a bunch of long shifts before bed, but when I check it in the morning, at least one of my Sims will only 'begin' when I open my app. It saves them me assigning the event, but doesn't save them starting it. So, not only do I not get the money or tickets from the long shift, but then they are stuck in a long shift for the next six hours. It's incredibly annoying. I feel like, if the game can save them being assigned, it should be able to save them starting it too!

I’ve had that same experience. It doesn’t make sense, especially when there’s no way to cancel the event/shift once you’ve selected it.
  • JillRN213JillRN213 Posts: 5 New Member
    We need a way to make more money by painting and selling our painting like in Sims 4. I never have enough Simoleons.
    Thanks
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    We need a very big huge update of where we can sell back items in the inventory for either sims coins or sims dollars. We also need a larger map with more places to go for jobs. Need a lot more jobs options. We need the waterside distract to be active so we have another place to work. When it comes to the family ... we should have two more slots to add more sims and the kids we have should be linked to a family tree option so we can be able to interact with them too. The children should have to option to go to school or be homeschool and they should have points also like the adults do.

When it comes to events ... when the event is OVER .. if any coins or items are left over .. they should be turned into either cupcakes or sims bucks. They should not be wasted from the event. We work too hard to get items and if we have an extra .. the should not be wasted.

We need more levels pleaseeeeeee then level 40. The game is toooooooo addictive. Each update you do .. add like 15 to 20 new levels. Make the levels interesting. Level 40 aient enough. Also, we need a better To Do List .. It should not be the same thing all the time. Change up from time to time.

We need more hobbies pleaseeeeeeeee! ( A MUST)

Fix the glitches in the game! (A MUST)

Lastly .... Request of all .... Have an International World Event where the sims would travel with a passport and earn new clothes and house items like this last event.

Double Request: .... We need a huge option to travel to the houses of our friends on our list so we can make friends of their sims and interact.

THIS IS A DEEp HUGE REQUEST OF A HUGE FAN OF THIS GAME.
    TTKIncorporated
    We need a very big huge update of where we can sell back items in the inventory for either sims coins or sims dollars. We also need a larger map with more places to go for jobs. Need a lot more jobs options. We need the waterside distract to be active so we have another place to work. When it comes to the family ... we should have two more slots to add more sims and the kids we have should be linked to a family tree option so we can be able to interact with them too. The children should have to option to go to school or be homeschool and they should have points also like the adults do.

When it comes to events ... when the event is OVER .. if any coins or items are left over .. they should be turned into either cupcakes or sims bucks. They should not be wasted from the event. We work too hard to get items and if we have an extra .. the should not be wasted.

We need more levels pleaseeeeeee then level 40. The game is toooooooo addictive. Each update you do .. add like 15 to 20 new levels. Make the levels interesting. Level 40 aient enough. Also, we need a better To Do List .. It should not be the same thing all the time. Change up from time to time.

We need more hobbies pleaseeeeeeeee! ( A MUST)

Fix the glitches in the game! (A MUST)

Lastly .... Request of all .... Have an International World Event where the sims would travel with a passport and earn new clothes and house items like this last event.

Double Request: .... We need a huge option to travel to the houses of our friends on our list so we can make friends of their sims and interact.

THIS IS A DEEp HUGE REQUEST OF A HUGE FAN OF THIS GAME.

Yes!!!!!! :smiley:
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    the prices always fluctuate to fix things too. It's annoying . Our sims don't make enough money to afford to fix things that break so frequently. Either give them a much higher sim salary or lower the prices of things that break and the frequency of when they break. Our sims may have to go down to the law office and protest these issues with Yetti protest signs like the PC version of the game

Yes! The luxury couch I got for free costs 980 coins, possibly more, to repair. I left it broken because I wasted a lot of coins fixing the luxury mirror as well.
    katzX3 wrote: »
    > @ForumExplorer said:
    > Heres an idea!
    > Maybe don't scam people by giving them the same item over and over from an event list. I'm done.
    > Oh wait! But everyone is still waiting for the mailbox to be moveable.

> Hint: the developers don't even listen to your feedback and have no intention of changing for our convenience!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’m So DISAPPOINTED over the World of Luxury Event!
    I now have SIX Tapestries! 3 Mirrors, 2 Bracelets, 3 Poufs. Two items- the Room Divider & the hanging lamps were at least something I wanted/could use!

Why do they replace some duplicate items with some other things like tickets? Why didn’t they give us the option to Claim or take the Substitute?
    I really don’t want to take part in any of those LONG event quests anymore-
    The idea was Fun, but the execution is a Fail imho

Hope you get some more good items.

Currently I have everything. 3 couches. Etc etc. Excluding the bubbler. Hopefully I get one. Fingers crossed.

Also the green Sims tokens, should no way in hell should be counted as a rare item. More scam tactics.

I got the same pair of pants like 3x only to be substituted by 10 tickets of two different types of tickets..150 deluxe coins wasted.
    I have a bunch of mirrors, poufs, dividers, etc. All I am missing from the items is the bubble blower, the tapestry, and the woman's shirt.
    Somehow, it just loves to give me a bunch of the repeat items to give me ticket substitutions that can be earned through events and quests.
    I wish it would substitute for a different item from the collection. It's irritating waiting hours for the event to finish, using the coins, getting repeat items, and then having to wait more hours (or spend simcash) for the event to unlock again. :#

Also, to reply to your other comment, it would be helpful for the developers to read the feedback since it would benefit them and possibly improve their game, but even if they don't, it's nice to vent lol

Yes the higher the value of the item, the more it cost to fix. I have just learned to not click on things when doing interactions that cost too much to fix. Even the price of clearing land is too high. Also they need to tone down the frequency of things breaking . If someone is playing without real money and they only have one sim, would take them forever to advance in the game. the salaries payout are too low and everything cost to much to buy or fix. The Bubble Blower is really expensive to fix that i rarely use it. Your not missing anything! EA either needs to add a handiness trait , add a handyman to the game,lower all the prices or give a much higher salary. I went to put facial hair on my sim, I don't know if it's a mistake typo on the price but EA wants to charge over 500 sim dollars for that facial hair.
  • CoorulCoorul Posts: 18 Member
    I have an idea. When you host a party you could choose a few things to sell to your guests at a discount price. Like a small garage sale.
  • CoorulCoorul Posts: 18 Member
    [quote="ForumExplorer;c-16498431"][quote="katzX3;c-16496640"]> @ForumExplorer said:
    > Heres an idea!
    > Maybe don't scam people by giving them the same item over and over from an event list. I'm done.

> Hint: the developers don't even listen to your feedback and have no intention of changing for our convenience!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I now have SIX Tapestries! 3 Mirrors, 2 Bracelets, 3 Poufs. Two items- the Room Divider & the hanging lamps were at least something I wanted/could use!

Why do they replace some duplicate items with some other things like tickets? Why didn’t they give us the option to Claim or take the Substitute?

[/quote]

Currently I have everything. 3 couches. Etc etc. Excluding the bubbler. Hopefully I get one. Fingers crossed.

Also the green Sims tokens, should no way in hell should be counted as a rare item. More scam tactics. [/quote]

I didn’t get the bubbler, and I worked so hard to. It sucks. And my friend got it all the time

Yes the higher the value of the item, the more it cost to fix. I have just learned to not click on things when doing interactions that cost too much to fix. Even the price of clearing land is too high. Also they need to tone down the frequency of things breaking . If someone is playing without real money and they only have one sim, would take them forever to advance in the game. the salaries payout are too low and everything cost to much to buy or fix. The Bubble Blower is really expensive to fix that i rarely use it. Your not missing anything! EA either needs to add a handiness trait , add a handyman to the game,lower all the prices or give a much higher salary. I went to put facial hair on my sim, I don't know if it's a mistake typo on the price but EA wants to charge over 500 sim dollars for that facial hair.

Yes, I noticed that too. The higher the value, the higher the price to repair. But I just don’t understand how they calculate the costs of the repair. I got two luxury couches, and one of them cost me 938 (I checked the price again because I still haven’t repaired it for that ridiculous amount) and the other was like 400 something to repair. I asked my friend how much it cost for her to repair the same exact couch when her couch first broke and it only cost her 90 coins!!! My sister got the bubble blower and it broke on the first use and was also a really high repair cost. We are all around the same level so I don’t think there’s a correlation with that. And things break constantly too. I kept all my cheap furniture around to avoid high repair costs. All of my counters are still the cheap ones and costs like 1-3 coins to repair.

And I agree, the prices for the CAS items are super expensive as well, coins and simcash. I’m trying to save those 500 simcash just to open the fourth slot. Like I said before, I’m trying to play without spending actual money, so I realize that you don’t earn enough simcash, because I just don’t want to lol, so it would take a while to get to the 500 sim cash, and also like you said, their salaries are also pretty low so to get new furniture that costs more than 2,000 or repair furniture for more than 900 coins is more than the paychecks of 3 long shifts just going to one item unless you spend the small amount of simcash you have to get more coins or rush events. Basically, if you want the good stuff, you need to pay :#:# I’m not too surprised that it pushes that upon its players. It’s a common tactic for mobile games. Just don’t make it so hard for players to get some good content too, for those who can’t spend money on a mobile game. There should be some kind of balance, in my opinion.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Coorul wrote: »
    > @ForumExplorer said:
    > Heres an idea!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also the green Sims tokens, should no way in hell should be counted as a rare item. More scam tactics.

I didn’t get the bubbler, and I worked so hard to. It plum. And my friend got it all the time

It’s okay, I didn’t get it either. 1 hour before the event ended, I got the mirror but I already had all of them, so I received tickets. Then my sis got the shirt like 30 min before the event ended and I tried it at the same time and I opened my last box, I got the pants again.. 10 minutes before the event ended, I was still doing more events to get more deluxe coins and it stopped giving out deluxe coins, so I ended with 38 deluxe coins lol I was so over it LOL
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Yes, I noticed that too. The higher the value, the higher the price to repair. But I just don’t understand how they calculate the costs of the repair. I got two luxury couches, and one of them cost me 938 (I checked the price again because I still haven’t repaired it for that ridiculous amount) and the other was like 400 something to repair. I asked my friend how much it cost for her to repair the same exact couch when her couch first broke and it only cost her 90 coins!!! My sister got the bubble blower and it broke on the first use and was also a really high repair cost. We are all around the same level so I don’t think there’s a correlation with that. And things break constantly too. I kept all my cheap furniture around to avoid high repair costs. All of my counters are still the cheap ones and costs like 1-3 coins to repair.

And I agree, the prices for the CAS items are super expensive as well, coins and simcash. I’m trying to save those 500 simcash just to open the fourth slot. Like I said before, I’m trying to play without spending actual money, so I realize that you don’t earn enough simcash, because I just don’t want to lol, so it would take a while to get to the 500 sim cash, and also like you said, their salaries are also pretty low so to get new furniture that costs more than 2,000 or repair furniture for more than 900 coins is more than the paychecks of 3 long shifts just going to one item unless you spend the small amount of simcash you have to get more coins or rush events. Basically, if you want the good stuff, you need to pay :#:# I’m not too surprised that it pushes that upon its players. It’s a common tactic for mobile games. Just don’t make it so hard for players to get some good content too, for those who can’t spend money on a mobile game. There should be some kind of balance, in my opinion.

The prices fluctuate on repairs. I still have my basic kitchen counters from the original start of the game. . the bathroom too. I too only pay 1-3 for repairs. My bubble blower broke a few times and it cost anywhere from 600-900 to repair.

No facial hair soul patch should cost 500 sim dollars. It''s a speck on my sims face. They have full clothing that costs less than that.

I have all my slots opened. I used all 4 sims to complete this past event. You need 4 slots and have all your sims constantly doing something to make money. the best is to have your sims do quick shifts. you make more money that way if you just check on them once every hour while you can. I give them long shifts and the event they have to complete for the next day the night before. Let them complete everything while your asleep or off doing other things.

it also takes forever to get heirlooms and open traits unless you keep retiring sims and making a new one via cas or having babies
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    ATTENTION developers OF SIMS MOBILE:

Deep Request Here:

We need a new better update with options from where the other players have requested. The game is very very very addictive to the human being for it is like a relaxing tool for the inner soul.

SUGGESTION FROM A SIM GEEK:

1. Kill the ads on the mailboxes and give the sims bills to pay
    2. Add more tabs to add more sims to be active and playable
    3. Cut off the fees to buy more pieces of land to build .. HEY! .. we work hard enough to get to where we are in earning cash and coins
    4. Open u the Waterfront district on the map with job options like Ocean Scientist ... etc to the bases of water (A MUST)
    5. Have BETA TESTERS for the game to give you feedback ... ( A MUST )
    6. Have Bella Goth as a game advisor throughout the game to assist.
    7. Add more levels then Level 40 .... not enough levels.
    8. OMG ... More clothes and hair in the game ... ( Cut the packs out ) ...Should be like included in an update.
    9. Give the option to sell items in the inventory that we have tooooooo many of for sims cash or sim bucks.
    10. ... (This is the final request) ...... Fix the friends list .. the friends appear and disappear off the list even thou they are added.

I am a huge fan of the sims, and I feel that a person like me should have challenges with events .. but no long on events time etc. Old events from past events should be added to shop inventory to buy for those who maybe new to the game like the spa from a previous event or Christmas event from last year.

I have tons of ideas and so do the other players ... hear the cries for Help and For Improvement.
    TTKIncorporated
  • sissers123sissers123 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Coorul;c-16509254"][quote="ForumExplorer;c-16498431"][quote="katzX3;c-16496640"]> @ForumExplorer said:
    > Heres an idea!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/quote]

Also the green Sims tokens, should no way in hell should be counted as a rare item. More scam tactics. [/quote]

I didn’t get the bubbler, and I worked so hard to. It plum. And my friend got it all the time [/quote]

I didn't get it either I got the bracelet at least 6 times and pretty much everything multiple times besides the blower or lights. plus the events took way to long to complete and open back up. I'm extremely disappointed in the results of that quest
  • ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    sissers123 wrote: »
    Coorul wrote: »
    > @ForumExplorer said:
    > Heres an idea!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn’t get the bubbler, and I worked so hard to. It plum. And my friend got it all the time

I didn't get it either I got the bracelet at least 6 times and pretty much everything multiple times besides the blower or lights. plus the events took way to long to complete and open back up. I'm extremely disappointed in the results of that quest

I liked the event. The special event items were beautiful, tapestries dividers lamps etc and are well worth investing into.

I stand by my word of the duplicate item rewards and the green tokens being considered rare rewards.

The events are pretty self explanatory. Spend 100 bucks and spin the will get discount items and event items. ...but this will make the second event where I payed and didn't get a special item. The hotel and blower. There was a point where I got the same blouse 4 times in a row and decided to rage in this comment section.

Final Review: Beautiful home items. Proud to have them.

Once again the duplicate item and rewards are buzzkills. If they would just remove that feature then peoples moral would be better.
  • ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    Hottub* not hotel^ edit