Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The biggest reason that I've been waiting for Seasons... (Pic intense)

CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

My favorite TS3 family lives in the house in the upper left hand corner and these are all of the activities that they get to enjoy every summer.

bHVqBrr.jpg

NtjE0Ri.jpg

At a resort near their vacation home:

7qYlxen.jpg

MH4pWcO.jpg

On clear nights, the kids like to sleep on the sand under the back deck, where they can fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean:

3agLBLf.jpg

I know that these activities didn't come with Seasons, but I had hoped to see them this time around:

cvUuk53.jpg

eEOzLnG.jpg

SHuvrn9.jpg

Finally, I know that we're supposed to be getting pool parties. I don't know what that entails. However, I hope to see these activities make a comeback. These and more (because most people don't have a dive platform in their backyards):

iXGYwAW.jpg

3A1S8bn.jpg

Note the lounge chairs in the last pic. I already know that we're not getting those. However, a Seasons pack would have been such an appropriate time to see them return. I mean, c'mon.

Seasons is such a big deal in each iteration. This time, I feel like we're all missing out on one of the most popular aspects of summer. Now, we'll probably need to buy another pack, just to experience these things with our new families in TS4.

What are the things that you were hoping to see for Seasons?

I3Ml5Om.jpg

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    TS4 Seasons is going to be way, way, way better than TS3 Seasons - excluding any nitpicking here and there.

It is going to be a one-way ticket to Simming heaven.

That's my opinion.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

My favorite TS3 family lives in the house in the upper left hand corner and these are all of the activities that they get to enjoy every summer.

bHVqBrr.jpg

NtjE0Ri.jpg

At a resort near their vacation home:

7qYlxen.jpg

MH4pWcO.jpg

On clear nights, the kids like to sleep on the sand under the back deck, where they can fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean:

3agLBLf.jpg

I know that these activities didn't come with Seasons, but I had hoped to see them this time around:

cvUuk53.jpg

eEOzLnG.jpg

SHuvrn9.jpg

Finally, I know that we're supposed to be getting pool parties. I don't know what that entails. However, I hope to see these activities make a comeback. These and more (because most people don't have a dive platform in their backyards):

iXGYwAW.jpg

3A1S8bn.jpg

Note the lounge chairs in the last pic. I already know that we're not getting those. However, a Seasons pack would have been such an appropriate time to see them return. I mean, c'mon.

Seasons is such a big deal in each iteration. This time, I feel like we're all missing out on one of the most popular aspects of summer. Now, we'll probably need to buy another pack, just to experience these things with our new families in TS4.

What are the things that you were hoping to see for Seasons?

I'm hoping to see that pool slide.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    TS4 Seasons is going to be way, way, way better than TS3 Seasons - excluding any nitpicking here and there.

It is going to be a one-way ticket to Simming heaven.

That's my opinion.

Somehow, from seeing some of your earlier posts, I have a feeling that this one was meant to be sarcasm. ;)

In any case, my fondest wish is that it would be true. But so far, all of the stuff that I've shown above won't be a part of it, since there's no new world. Maybe the team has found a way to update the existing beaches without disturbing our saves? Wouldn't that be a welcome surprise!

@catloverplayer Me, too! :smiley:
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    @Cynna since everything in the post was from Island Paradise(I think) minus the diving board i don't expect any of it in TS4 Seasons
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    A lot of these features are from Island Paradise though, including relax sun bathing.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I was hoping to see flower arranging, greenhouses, swings, kiddie pools, awesome weather effects, tree decorating, gift giving, botanist career, new harvestables, new recipes, custom holidays, snow shoveling, raking leaves, ice skating, roller skating, a magical scarecrow, and pool parties.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I expect some of the beach stuff to come in a beach themed vacation pack... I'm sure we will get summer stuff too though in this game, but they have to spread it out for all seasons. I'm happy with how they made it so far and expect to be even happier when it's in my game. I'm looking most forward to beekeeping, rollerskating and sprinklers for summer (so far). I guess I'm a glass is half full kinda gal ;).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    @Cynna since everything in the post was from Island Paradise(I think) minus the diving board i don't expect any of it in TS4 Seasons

The pool floats are from Seasons and the open ocean came with that too.
  • Options
    I feel the same though.

So far, we have gotten sprinklers and a splash pool for summer. No pool floats, sandcastles, sandpit, separate slide for the backyard -_-, no ocean swimming, sunbathing,tanning booth, a normal diving board. There is a picnic basket, that is only decor :)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I do really hope for a beach or island themed pack to come out afterwards. I could see why they would want to get seasons out of the way first, though.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Same here Simgirl, I've always wanted to see sim decorating the Xmas tree :3
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Pretty sure almost all of that is from Island Paradise...
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

From what I recall, ocean swimming only came with Island Paradise, and you could only swim in the ocean in THAT world. It was only later that they opened up the ability to swim in oceans in OTHER worlds
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

From what I recall, ocean swimming only came with Island Paradise, and you could only swim in the ocean in THAT world. It was only later that they opened up the ability to swim in oceans in OTHER worlds

Sorry but nope. You can go watch the season trailer for sims 3. Part of the trailer is where they showed the oceans being opened up for the first time with sims walking into the water and some of them on pool floats.

Here you go
    https://youtu.be/yB5nTGm0j3Q

It was always available in all worlds.
  • Options

Sorry but nope. You can go watch the season trailer for sims 3. Part of the trailer is where they showed the oceans being opened up for the first time with sims walking into the water and some of them on pool floats.

Hmm, I must have gotten it mixed up with something else. I do recall being annoyed at something with oceans being restricted to only one world, now I'm trying to remember what it was..
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited May 2018

There was a patch update when Sims 3 seasons launched, which made it possible to swim in the ocean. You didn't even need Sims 3 Seasons since it was a free update - (I'm welcomed to being corrected if I'm wrong on that..)

but you're right that a lot of the features in the pics are from island paradise.

Maybe a vacation themed pack is next, the game really needs a world where open water swimming is possible.
  • Options

Hmm, I must have gotten it mixed up with something else. I do recall being annoyed at something with oceans being restricted to only one world, now I'm trying to remember what it was..

I think what you are thinking of were the dive lots. But they can actually work in other worlds perfectly fine.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I feel the same though.

So far, we have gotten sprinklers and a splash pool for summer. No pool floats, sandcastles, sandpit, separate slide for the backyard -_-, no ocean swimming, sunbathing,tanning booth, a normal diving board. There is a picnic basket, that is only decor :)

If you have seasons only then yeah. (So far that's all we know anyway) But we also have Lemonade and other ice cold drinks, wind chimes, water slides, etc. Backyard stuff is absolutely perfect for summer.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Jouvay wrote: »

There was a patch update when Sims 3 seasons launched, which made it possible to swim in the ocean. You didn't even need Sims 3 Seasons since it was a free update - (I'm welcomed to being corrected if I'm wrong on that..)

but you're right that a lot of the features in the pics are from island paradise.

Maybe a vacation themed pack is next, the game really needs a world where open water swimming is possible.

Thanks for the clarification. I must have gotten it mixed up with something else. I image they'll probably do something similar to Sims 2 and just have resorts where you can swim in the ocean.
  • Options
    I feel the same though.

If you have seasons only then yeah. (So far that's all we know anyway) But we also have Lemonade and other ice cold drinks, wind chimes, water slides, etc. Backyard stuff is absolutely perfect for summer.

True, even though I have all those packs I don't feel an experience should only feel complete with other packs. So for me the pack itself is a little lacking.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I do really hope for a beach or island themed pack to come out afterwards. I could see why they would want to get seasons out of the way first, though.

Agreed. I always felt that it'd make more sense to make Tropical / Alpine vacation destinations only after Seasons was already out, simply because it's more fun to escape the summer / winter that way xD given how many people have been asking for it, I do think / hope we'll get a beach pack some day, complete with lounge chairs, sunbathing, volleyball, looking for shells, ocean swimming, ... It makes sense not all of that is in Seasons though. Still, even though I'm not really waiting for beach stuff as much as I'm waiting for more supernaturals & even though I don't use it all that much in TS3 either, I can understand why others want it. So I hope that'll come in a future pack :)
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »

Agreed. I always felt that it'd make more sense to make Tropical / Alpine vacation destinations only after Seasons was already out, simply because it's more fun to escape the summer / winter that way xD given how many people have been asking for it, I do think / hope we'll get a beach pack some day, complete with lounge chairs, sunbathing, volleyball, looking for shells, ocean swimming, ... It makes sense not all of that is in Seasons though. Still, even though I'm not really waiting for beach stuff as much as I'm waiting for more supernaturals & even though I don't use it all that much in TS3 either, I can understand why others want it. So I hope that'll come in a future pack :)

I'm the same. I want supernaturals in my game but I don't usually play them XD I think they make the world more interesting and if you play with them it's so much fun

My witch in sims 3 started a fire killed 3 sims since the whole neighborhood had to come dance around it. Then killed himself with the haunting cure. Thought I'd reincarnate him with from but it turned him into a cat.

So I really want more of these unpredictable experiences in sims 4. I love it when the weird stuff happens.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

All of it, really? Then what came with Seasons?

Thank you. I was beginning to wonder if I was having a Mandela moment. I knew that some of the stuff came from IP, I said so in my post. But not all of it.

I could have sworn that sunbathing came with Seasons. And wasn't the picnic basket from the base game?
    I feel the same though.

Yes, that was the point of my post.

So far, we haven't seen much of anything having to do with summer. There were snow ball/water balloon fights, like TS3, and the kiddy pool. However, I didn't see much else.

It's such a shame that beaches were totally left out this time. I hope that, at least, the pool party comes with pool floats, a true diving board, and a water slide -- even a simple one, I don't care.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I think that you may be thinking about scuba diving.

I specifically left that out because I knew that there was no way on earth that we'd be getting that with Seasons. However, since snorkeling is much like swimming, I had hoped to see it again. But...no beaches.
    I was hoping to see flower arranging, greenhouses, swings, kiddie pools, awesome weather effects, tree decorating, gift giving, botanist career, new harvestables, new recipes, custom holidays, snow shoveling, raking leaves, ice skating, roller skating, a magical scarecrow, and pool parties.

Sure, but not one thing in that list to do with beaches. That's what I was really hoping for. So far, this pack seems very light on water activities (which is what I equate with summer).

I've been having pool parties in the game since the moment that EA introduced pools. I really hope that they introduce something different from what I've been doing already.

Hopefully, there will be another trailer to show some of that stuff.

I'm trying to understand how EA does things, but nothing seems to have any rhyme or reason. They released a camping pack with no sleeping bags, a Parenthood pack with no bunk beds, no picnics, we've been waiting four years for a lounge chair that has been base game fare up until now, and we still can't have Sims swim at the beach.

It's really odd how they're doing things this time.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

All of it, really? Then what came with Seasons?

Thank you. I was beginning to wonder if I was having a Mandela moment. I knew that some of the stuff came from IP, I said so in my post. But not all of it.

I could have sworn that sunbathing came with Seasons. And wasn't the picnic basket from the base game?
    I feel the same though.

Yes, that was the point of my post.

So far, we haven't seen much of anything having to do with summer. There were snow ball/water balloon fights, like TS3, and the kiddy pool. However, I didn't see much else.

It's such a shame that beaches were totally left out this time. I hope that, at least, the pool party comes with pool floats, a true diving board, and a water slide -- even a simple one, I don't care.

I'm guessing that may be because it's hard to show off summer and summer related features in a trailer with a game that has been set in summer for almost 4 years now. Simguru Grant on twitter said that they invested a lot into summer this time around:

So I'm guessing there's more of summer to be showed off soon.