Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things The Sims 4 Seasons is missing so far

WoltereysWoltereys Posts: 45 Member
Again, I’m not saying that The Sims 4 Seasons is going to be a bad pack because so far in my opinion it’s one of the best. I just want to discuss what seasonal features from others packs like The Sims 3 this pack is missing so far. Again, we only know little, stuff here might be in the game. I don’t want people to think I want a replica, I just believe these stuff are basic features that should be in every season pack.
Summer
- No beach (confirmed)
- No Sunburnt so far...
- No picnic (confirmed)
Fall
- No Costume Party/Halloween (Need Spooky SP)
- No pumpkin Harvest or pumpkin plant so far...
- No Trick or treat so far...
- No Pumpkin carving (Need Spooky SP)
- No hail so far...
- No fog so far...
Winter
- No snow Depth so far...
- No Temperature Thermometer (confirmed)
Spring
- No allergies or sickness (confirmed)
- No egg hunt so far...
- No spring Dance or Slow dance so far...

Edit: I made some changes because its shown in the trailer that windows do get foggy and lakes do freeze!
Another change was removing festivals because I completely forgot that we had them in CL. Thanks to luthienrising who told me that SimGuruGrant said they focus more on holidays, which is good thing :)
Post edited by Woltereys on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2018
    @SimGuruGrant said that they focused on holidays rather than festivals. There's a build-your-own-holiday feature. It sounds to me, though, like you're really looking for Sims 4 Seasons to be the same as Sims 3 Seasons. I can't see that they've been remaking any packs just the way they were before.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    @SimGuruGrant said that they focused on holidays rather than festivals. There's a build-your-own-holiday feature. It sounds to me, though, like you're really looking for Sims 4 Seasons to be the same as Sims 3 Seasons. I can't see that they've been remaking any packs just the way they were before.

Exactly! It seems like so many people are looking for replicas. I personally enjoy each iteration being a little bit different. If I want TS2/3 features I fire up those games
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    You're right! The pack is pretty much empty! :D>:)

The Sims Game
  • WoltereysWoltereys Posts: 45 Member

I just believe that these are basic features. But you’re right about every pack being different. I just think that Pool games, tanning, allergies, Trick or treat, pumpkin, hail, fog, snow depth and temperature are basic things that should be in every Seasons pack.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    @SimGuruGrant said that they focused on holidays rather than festivals.
    Praise the lord!

Holiday stuff is quality stuff.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Festival activities will probably come in an a amusement park expansion.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I'm sure that if festivals in CL were customizable, people wouldn't mind Seasons not having festivals as well...
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    As irrelevant online dating might be in the pack, it was in TS3 seasons and we got it in a patch before it’s release. SimGuruGrant on twitter said he wanted it to be in CL but now I don’t see it ever coming. I’d have imagine it have a system like clubs where you can put you’re looking for a sim with a specific level in a skill and what not.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Festivals can often attract some naked woman - wearing just a towel - stampeding through it like a charging hippo.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/933919/scary-wide-eyed-woman-in-a-towel-stampeding-through-the-festival

I have witnessed it and got pictures of it and other Simmers say it is a normal thing at a festival for them.

So, I don't want her suddenly dressed as Santa or something - especially in a tiny bikini for a Summer festival!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am anticipating to learn more about holiday customization! It is the newest idea for Seasons that I never saw coming or would have imagined myself.
  • WoltereysWoltereys Posts: 45 Member

Woltereys wrote: »

I just believe that these are basic features. But you’re right about every pack being different. I just think that Pool games, tanning, allergies, Trick or treat, pumpkin, hail, fog, snow depth and temperature are basic things that should be in every Seasons pack.

To me, the basic features of a Seasons pack are spring, summer, fall, and winter, with associated weather. Everything else is interpretation of what's important in those seasons.

Like I said, I decide to remove some things from the list because I didn’t know they focused more on Holidays which is a good thing compared to festivals. I respect everyone’s opinion but I do think Sunburn (tanning)(Summer), allergies (Spring), Pumpkin/trick or treat (fall), are some basic stuff for every seasons.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I'm sure that if festivals in CL were customizable, people wouldn't mind Seasons not having festivals as well...

In my case, you're exactly right. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    no fog, seriously? :bawling:
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    no fog, seriously? :bawling:

Most of this list is not confirmed yet.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Sorry but I'd rather focus on what we're getting. Much more fun. :)
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    There is a picnic basket in the trailer.

And we do have temperatures, they just aren't farenheit or Celsius.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited May 2018
    On twitter a SimGurus forgot who, confirmed the picnic basket is just clutter.
    Edit:
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    In the Spring Bunny scene in the trailer, i noticed that the egg was actually glowing. I'm pretty sure that Egg Hunt will be a thing.
    y'all got bread?
    On twitter a SimGurus forgot who, confirmed the picnic basket is just clutter.
    Edit:

That's.... Dissapointing.
    What better way to celebrate a nice warm day than a picnic basket? :#
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Well for me the next generation always took what the old one had and did it better with extras. I can't imagine making holidays is interesting game play and I don't think it should be a major feature just as I don't like the group feature being major.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Well for me the next generation always took what the old one had and did it better with extras. I can't imagine making holidays is interesting game play and I don't think it should be a major feature just as I don't like the group feature being major.

I think the Holiday feature sounds really interesting, we've never been able to make our own holidays before. You can probably customize a lot of things about it too, similar to clubs. And, it seems you can set them for specific times in the Sims year, which is really interesting. How is it not interesting?
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I think the Holiday feature sounds really interesting, we've never been able to make our own holidays before. You can probably customize a lot of things about it too, similar to clubs. And, it seems you can set them for specific times in the Sims year, which is really interesting. How is it not interesting?

Yeah I like the idea of this thing!!1
    y'all got bread?