Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• TwillsTwills Posts: 1 New Member
    Now we need the Sims farm. More animals and activities
  • ohepiohepi Posts: 64 Member
    You have no idea how much I have wanted this and how angry it has made me that it took this long. This EP better be as great as the ones in the older games if not better than they were.
    ohepi: simming since age ten!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited May 2018
    No picnic basket, no sunbathing, no thick snow.
    Looking back at previous expansions we're getting a lot. But I just can't cope with that snow being just a terrain paint.
    Guys why do you agree with it. Don't you think that game would look much nicer in winter?
    Hopefully we'll get some more interesting info next week

Only thing confirmed is no picnic basket.

No Deep Snow?

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/meet-the-climates

You guys, I think this may be hinting at weather traits?

They mentioned lying by the pool....

Could it be...LOUNGE CHAIRS?! ::gleeful applause::

No Grant ruled lounge chairs out.

So what are they lying on? A towel? The ground?

I didn't see them lying on a towel. What time in the trailer did this happen?

They were't lying on them, but there were 2 towels under the "picnic basket" decór in the water balloon scene.

I hope those towels have gameplay.
  • Silversoul7Silversoul7 Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi, I'm not sure if this has been answered, but does this pack allow for different climates in different locations? I would hope they wouldn't give Windenburg and Oasis Springs the same climate. Also, do we have any control over that climate? I put a bunch of palm trees in Newberg, and I'd hate to have to change that.
  • Distant_Wisteria666Distant_Wisteria666 Posts: 10 New Member
    I just so happened to be wondering what The Sims 4 Seasons will be like (if it were to become a thing) right before it was announced! Like, the same day it was announced!
  • Distant_Wisteria666Distant_Wisteria666 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @AlwaysTheSun said:
    > Noo!! Why is the snow so flat??!

The game is still in development (I think) so they might make the snow deeper.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I saw Spooky Day Stuff items in the Seasons trailer.
    y'all got bread?
  • kismetkismet Posts: 61 Member
    The ending definitely impressed me the most! Like, wow! How cool is that? I think incorporating elemental powers would seriously be bad-🐸🐸🐸🐸! I see electric, but maybe there's more? Can't wait to preorder next week!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Do you think we'll get a new trailer this week? I really hope so, I need to know more.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Knowing there's no new world now is a bit disappointing cause there's no beaches in the game....pack still looks pretty good so far but beaches will be missed for the summer qq

Yeah, glad for the seasons but it is disappointing to find out there are no new worlds as it has just been confirmed. Makes me think that I'll probably take my time getting this pack now. Perhaps in the next Expansion pack...
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Btw, I love the changing seasons concept in Sims4 but in real life, snow make look cute to some but it is a nightmare to deal with. It also starts to look ugly and messy after awhile.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    If the reason this EP is packed with content is because there's no new world, then I'd rather not have new worlds in EPs again. :P
    Completely agree I'm so glad they skipped a world for once and gave us actual well thought out game play. I cant imagine how great Get to Work could of been if they spent the time improving shopping instead of adding that 4 lot world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    We don't know how "well thought out" the gameplay actually is, and we won't until we actually play it.
    So far, all we have is what the Devs gave us.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Hi, I'm not sure if this has been answered, but does this pack allow for different climates in different locations? I would hope they wouldn't give Windenburg and Oasis Springs the same climate. Also, do we have any control over that climate? I put a bunch of palm trees in Newberg, and I'd hate to have to change that.

We think so, but no details yet. I'm sure we'll see a trailer/blog on this in the coming days :)
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Do you think we'll get a new trailer this week? I really hope so, I need to know more.

I hope so!
    I can't wait to know more about the gardening career, the activities you can do for the holidays, the effects of weather on sims, and, well, the snow.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    I really like new clothes. So much nicer than The Sims 3 where neck was exposed and it did not look really nice.
    So gift giving is coming back ? Or it is only during the holiday?
  • BrookeSimsBrookeSims Posts: 40 Member
    I am so happy about this expansion! It is truly going to make this game 100% better. Story lines will also just be soo much better.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Knowing there's no new world now is a bit disappointing cause there's no beaches in the game....pack still looks pretty good so far but beaches will be missed for the summer qq

Yeah. So far, no sign of beach-related activities.

From everything that we've been told about how the game works, we probably won't, because there's no new world. At most, maybe the Sims will lay down on a towel or something. If I remember correctly, Sims could stargaze anywhere? So, maybe the same goes for lying on a towel.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    If the reason this EP is packed with content is because there's no new world, then I'd rather not have new worlds in EPs again. :P
    Completely agree I'm so glad they skipped a world for once and gave us actual well thought out game play. I cant imagine how great Get to Work could of been if they spent the time improving shopping instead of adding that 4 lot world.

I had completely forgotten that world from Get To Work was even there, until I just read this post! So while I enjoy most new worlds and adore Brindleton Bay, some of them clearly aren't worth it.
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    wow this looks amazing!!!! can’t wait until it’s released for console
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    The working of the seasons, is it the same as in Sims 2? So one household can be summer and another can be winter? I used this to track time...
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I'm so excited, this thing drove me crazy!!!
    y'all got bread?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    So should we expect another trailer on Tuesday?

Don't know if we should expect another trailer, but definitely expect more and more blog posts to come out every week or so.
    I think a trailer will come, but not this Tuesday for some reason.

With today being a holiday here in the US (it's Memorial Day) we might not get a trailer till Wednesday or Thursday. We've already had two blog posts so I could see more of those as well -- at least one to explain the calendar system and adding holidays, and one for the various holiday events and community activities (roller/ice skating and such).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I am not sure if I can talk about this here.. but it was from the new blog today about the Climate family

This caught my interest
    "And finally, winter. We can’t say much about winter, except that it may bring some unexpected family members."

..... I am confused by this.. curious if this mean pregnancies will occur more often in winter time? That could be interesting if they added that! Or does it mean something else entirely? I'm super excited to find out! xD

I'm also wondering about rotational play.. if I go to a house and play.. and I start on Summer and end on Winter.. will it be winter in that same spot when I get back, or will I have missed winter and entered Spring because I was playing another family?

If it's the latter then I suppose I'll be keeping my individual families in separate saves and only playing one family per save; which I'm fine with..... sorta... just because that's how I've been doing it already, but lately I've been wanting to add more of my own Sims to the game instead of having townies being the only friends my Sims have. :/

Time will tell. Can't wait for more information.

My theory is that family will drop by for a surprise visit for Christmas, bearing food and gifts. Kind of like the welcome wagon, but with extended family. A mini-family reunion. I really hope this is what it means. But more likely, the toddler is Winter and it has something to do with births. :/

Unless the game generates family members, I'll have to wait -- most of my Sims are brand new with no family to stop by. Maybe friends will come visit as well?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)