Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, but we can we talk about the Storms

I think it’s probably one of the most overlooked things in the trailer. The storms looks super violent, with the wind. Those palm trees looked like they were about to uproot and fly away :joy:

And I LOVE how the lightning looks. Not only do we get cracks of lightning we also get a flash that flashes on the world not the screen (I’m not sure if that’s how it was in 3, I know 2 just had an onscreen flash. The Sims 3 on console just has an onscreen flash too)

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I LOVE STORMS so I’m excited!

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Ooooooh I’m going to re-watch the trailer to see what I think. I LOVE storms (Aussie here!! We get WILD storms in summer) I hope it is reminiscent of storms where I live!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited May 2018
    @Kamio wrote: »
    Ooooooh I’m going to re-watch the trailer to see what I think. I LOVE storms (Aussie here!! We get WILD storms in summer) I hope it is reminiscent of storms where I live!

Aussie too! NSW

It gets WILD here hahahaha
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I live in FL and I find hurricanes to be relaxing so long as they stay under a category 4. Tropical storms are the best to sleep through or watch movies with the fam.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I always enjoy watching a good thunder/lightning storm!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sims 3 definitely had the lighting and the flash. I usually zoom out when it's storming and try to catch lighting as it strikes. I love storms too XD
    One of the reasons I loved sims 3 seasons was the thunder storms that you could see blowing and bringing the trees.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I love relaxing in bed during a thunderstorm. Shame they are rare in my part of the world.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The sims 2 had the lightning strike. It killed my sim in the hot tub the other day.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The sims 2 had the lightning strike. It killed my sim in the hot tub the other day.

Strike yes, but when lightning would flash, I think just the screen flashes not the world if that makes sense.

You didn’t see the house go white from the lightning flash for example, the screen would just flash white.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I love the wind! I never had seasons in Sims 3, so not sure if it’s entirely new, but I think it’s such a great and realistic addition.
  • XxJoshuaSimxXXxJoshuaSimxX Posts: 63 Member
    If you have the pets EP, they could hide
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't think they'll be implemented this time around, but for future Sims titles I'd like to see dusters kick up in desert worlds. Here in the Mojave we'll get very powerful straight line winds often in excess of 65 MPH. Sometimes they'll produce dust storms that are a real pain the neck. While they're more common in the northwest portion of the desert we sometimes get them in the south where I live. That would make for some pretty nifty autumn weather.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Do storms have hail too? I think hail is currently being wondered about.

Technically you can have a snow-storm, but I wouldn't go there - because a billion Simmers will want to know if it accumulates.

So, it may be safe to discuss hail - assuming it is relevant to storms.

Thunder, lightning and hail seemed to be a good mix - ie not just thunder, lightning and rain.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Oh man. I would love if storms include sheet lightning even. But not getting my hopes up. I love storms so much. Except that time that the neighbour's house got hit when I was sitting on the porch storm-watching. :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I think it’s probably one of the most overlooked things in the trailer. The storms looks super violent, with the wind. Those palm trees looked like they were about to uproot and fly away :joy:

And I LOVE how the lightning looks. Not only do we get cracks of lightning we also get a flash that flashes on the world not the screen (I’m not sure if that’s how it was in 3, I know 2 just had an onscreen flash. The Sims 3 on console just has an onscreen flash too)

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I LOVE STORMS so I’m excited!

I caught the bit about the storms. I may have read it over at V.I.P. but I'm very excited, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Ah, don't you just love the spontaneous deaths in the Sims 2? One second, your sim is having a romantic lounge in the hot tube, the next second they're dead :D I hope sims can be electrocuted in the pool or hot tub in the Sims 4
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2018
    I hope your electronics get water damage and eventually malfunction if they are left outside during the rain/snow (sorry Movie Hangout Stuff :lol:)
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I don't think they'll be implemented this time around, but for future Sims titles I'd like to see dusters kick up in desert worlds. Here in the Mojave we'll get very powerful straight line winds often in excess of 65 MPH. Sometimes they'll produce dust storms that are a real pain the neck. While they're more common in the northwest portion of the desert we sometimes get them in the south where I live. That would make for some pretty nifty autumn weather.

Have you been to OS lately? I love settling my sims in the desert. I also love the sand blowing around and small dust devils you can see blowing.
    I used to live in Las Vegas which is high desert and loved the wind but unfortunately the tumble weeds would get to be a problem. Love the desert environment.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Love storms, and love the one in the trailer. <3

We had a pretty wild storm here the other night. I know it's a long shot, but just maybe Thor was celebrating the imminent release of sims 4 seasons. :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Hmmmm...... maybe they've focused more on worlds
    y'all got bread?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Like_That wrote: »
    Hmmmm...... maybe they've focused more on worlds

We know that there's no new world in the pack, and also that there are storms. You'll find a compilation of what we know so far in http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940199/seasons-simguru-maxis-sourced-info, on the first page of the thread. Once info from Simmers with early pack access starts coming in, @catloverplayer usually starts a thread for links to all their videos and blog posts.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I'm hoping we get some decent storms. They were my favourite part of past seasons packs. I'm honestly excited for this pack based on just lightning alone. Except in real life...i'm not so much haha.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The rainstorms definitely look to be the most impressive in this pack out of the earlier versions.

The snowstorms though...
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    How cute would it be if they had a rainbow after a storm in the game?
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Omg I've watched the trailer so many times and never noticed the storm until this thread. I was always focused on the lightning sim, the storm looks awesome!!!
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Do storms have hail too? I think hail is currently being wondered about.

Technically you can have a snow-storm, but I wouldn't go there - because a billion Simmers will want to know if it accumulates.

So, it may be safe to discuss hail - assuming it is relevant to storms.

Thunder, lightning and hail seemed to be a good mix - ie not just thunder, lightning and rain.

Storms can have hail, it depends on the storm. I live in the south eastern US and we get hail with our storms pretty often.