Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 - Money & Family Trees

octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 40 Member
Hey guys! Just wondering for all you simmers out there who still play the best game Maxis created. ;)

What’s the most amount of money youve earned without money cheat codes?

Also how many generations have you gotten to before you started over or your game crashed. ;) curious.

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Hmm...
    The most money I've earned without money cheats is about 40,000 simoleons. The reason was because first I had them make friends and build skills in order to get high in the career. Secondly, I didn't find any reason to spend the money in the household. The amount of money just grew and grew and as the house was small, the bills were also small.
    Answer to your second question: 4 generations. I was thinking: I'll play tomorrow as I have to keep other families up. That was all in the disc version, and when my computer broke down, I was only able to recover the Ultimate Collection version (Yes, I had two The Sims 2 games installed in my computer, one from discs and the other from Origin).
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi :mrgreen:

The most I made was about 8 million from a venue business before I got bored- for a BaCC. It took a million to earn a University and Sims. So, it was easy after my Sim earned their gold flower making badge and the sales badge. Just bumped the price to 5k and 2 Dazzles and the customers will stay until I get all their stars (using a few tents).
    After they earned it I took it away leaving them a few 100k to build another business and their home.

I've finished a Legacy at ten generations and an Apocalypse at 6 generations. I always move on since it's the beginning which is the most fun for me. :)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I have no idea the max amount of money I made was. I did have a game (my very first one I played for years) last for 42 generations. It didn't crash, but the computer I was playing on did. :'( Never even thought of transferring stuff, I wasn't that sims/tech savvy back then.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @JULES1111 wrote: »
    I have no idea the max amount of money I made was. I did have a game (my very first one I played for years) last for 42 generations. It didn't crash, but the computer I was playing on did. :'( Never even thought of transferring stuff, I wasn't that sims/tech savvy back then.

OMGoodnes- 42, that's Awesome! :cookie:
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I think about $100,000? (I was abusing a lot of loopholes about how to run a business and at least half of that was business perks...)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited April 2018
    JULES1111 wrote: »

42!!!! Good gawd, that's like eternity.

ETA - I should probably answer the question, too. Haha. I think my Sims have earned over a million over multiple generations. Usually I have a child inherit the house so they don't have to do anything but work and add on and eventually there is nothing left for them to add. So they just amass money. I think the longest I've gone is 16-18 generations. Not quite sure the exact number. But that one crashed and then I started playing TS3 to heal that bitter wound.
  • octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 40 Member
    edited April 2018
    YESSSS
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    60,000 I believe and moist of the time only 4 gen maybe 5 once. I play so many different hoods in rotation the same as I do the families within each hood.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Hmm.. I believe the most the most my house hold has ever made without cheating was between 15,000 to 30,000.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Never thought about it. Never been my goals. I probably made a million with one store owner who ran five businesses, since it was easy to just sell them back to the community after he reached five stars on all of them. Never played Sims for several generations, I play the entire town not just one family. I think the longest families each had like a third generation eventually, but I was still playing the entire towns/subhoods. Legacy isn't my thing but was important to a Nancy Drew story I was playing where she, her friends and the Hardy Boys had to know each other as little kids, teens, and college and after they grew up. Usually if anyone goes to college and then get married they may have a second generation or a third but not much farther than that. I have never 'started over' per se, I may create a new hood with different goals and different stories and cultures but never actually 'started over'. I play them all, too. My longest hood was about ten years RL, before I decided to retire it. Holmes knew too many people, and no way to remove them from memories without corruption. I had a rule, if they were friends with him they couldn't die. lol So, it was getting tedious after ten years to keep up with all of them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.