This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Which neighborhoods go with which season?

If we can assign the seasons of different neighborhoods, I'm thinking about creating a "Summer town" "Autumn town" "Winter town" "and Spring town". Winter town will not only look beautiful covered in snow, but also have a great area for an outdoor skating rink. Summer town will need to have lots of outdoor activities like a large park, a swimming pool and outdoor restaurants.

I'll still want to see all four seasons in each neighborhood, but I just like the idea of focusing on autumn for one area.

What do you think? Which town would look best in which season?

Comments

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,734 Member
    Summer - Oasis Springs
    Autumn - Forgotten Hollow
    Winter - Windenburg
    Spring - Willow Creek or Brindleton Bay
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Willow Creek in the trailer looked amazing during summer.
    Winter will be gorgeous in Granite Falls.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,591 Member
    Since Brindleton has a very "New England" style and some trees that already look like they are changing to Autumn, I really look forward to seeing it in Fall and Winter. But then, I look forward to seeing everything in Autumn, haha. Oh! And I really REALLY look forward to rain in the Selvadoradan jungle! <3 And ....WIND everywhere! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

When I had Sims 2 Seasons I made the desert town Spring, Summer, Summer, Autumn. All the other neighborhoods had all the seasons.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    @CorkysPetals - It has been confirmed that you CAN’T assign Seasons/weather. From what the gurus have said I’m deducing that you can effect the weather of towns with the weather machin and that’s about it.

The sim gurus have said that they’ve adapted the seasons to each town to create an appropriate climate - which I’m guessing means (let’s say) Sunmer might be the rainy season in Selvadorada, Spring and Autumn might be gloriously sunny and it might rain a little in Winter without snowing.

Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,092 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    @CorkysPetals - It has been confirmed that you CAN’T assign Seasons/weather. From what the gurus have said I’m deducing that you can effect the weather of towns with the weather machin and that’s about it.

The sim gurus have said that they’ve adapted the seasons to each town to create an appropriate climate - which I’m guessing means (let’s say) Sunmer might be the rainy season in Selvadorada, Spring and Autumn might be gloriously sunny and it might rain a little in Winter without snowing.

I kind of like this, because a lot of people would totally do this (although I daresay some would have gotten a kick from year-long snow in Oasis Springs). If seasons are customised to their world... I will like that.

To be honest, the tropics around the equator don't really have the four seasons - they have the wet season and the dry season. I'm kind of wondering, what this would mean - you know how it's high summer during the Christmas season in Austrailia, so does Seasons use hemispheres?

Also, this is another reason to have some sort of Aspen-based vacation world. You can go on vacation and play in the snow even if you live in one of the equatorial climates. The snow groundwork is already done so they can focus on more activities and the area.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    @CorkysPetals - It has been confirmed that you CAN’T assign Seasons/weather.

Oooops. I hadn't seen that.

Oh well, at least the different towns will have different "climates".

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    I'd say Newcrest would fit well with any season.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'd say Newcrest would fit well with any season.

Newcrest fits well with any generic town really.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png