Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fires should be handled better by NPCs

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So right now I was playing a child who went over to someone's house, and a fire started. The people who lived there are evidently too stupid to extinguish it, and I can't leave the lot during a fire, can't talk to anyone, can't use the phone to do anything remotely useful, can't even fish for some stupid reason. So all I can do is stand and watch everything burn. Already been there 16 hours now, starving, peed self, going to miss school...seriously, if you aren't going to implement firemen, at least make the idiot npc sims put the fire out.

Comments

• ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Finally went out after 23 hours. I love random events like fires, but this was just stupid the way it played out.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Yikes. I lost my Gen. 2 heir's wife when a fire broke out at their campground. She dared to light the grill! Wasn't her first time to do so, either, which is what took me by surprise. She successfully made dinner the evening before. Neither her husband, her two sons, or her ghostly father-in-law or herself could extinguish her. There was simply NO OPTION. I sat in my desk chair and watched her get as black and crispy as an over-roasted marshmallow. The ground was scorched, too, that's how hot a fire it was. I have to say, since I was blogging about my Legacy Challenge, that this scenario made for a good chapter in this saga. LOL

http://galacticgals.blogspot.com/2016/01/generation-twochapter-eight-it-wasnt.html
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2018
    Firefighters would solve the entire issue. Why are there no public services in this game?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    It's a definite shame that the tax dollars our Sims pay don't go into funding public services! From not having the ability to call the cops, to there being no firefighters, and to where there is no healthcare to speak of! No taxation without representation I tell you!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I nearly lost Candy Behr a couple of days ago due to this. She was the uncontrollable 'go with' sim for mine to Selvadoria. While my sim has having a nap Candy lit off the grill, and proceeded to ignite herself and the surrounding area. Fortunately, for some reason my sim woke up in time to run out, and the 'extinguish' option was available. Close call, though. It makes no sense at all to not have basic services like police and firemen available.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I nearly lost Candy Behr a couple of days ago due to this. She was the uncontrollable 'go with' sim for mine to Selvadoria. While my sim has having a nap Candy lit off the grill, and proceeded to ignite herself and the surrounding area. Fortunately, for some reason my sim woke up in time to run out, and the 'extinguish' option was available. Close call, though. It makes no sense at all to not have basic services like police and firemen available.

I lost Jade Rosa during a campout that way, only there was not 'extinguish' option for either herself, her husband, or my playable ghost. She was the wife of my Legacy Challenge heir, too. It was a hard blow, but I rolled with it, as Pinstar's rules suggest we should. I was blogging about this journey and it turned out to be good fodder for the next chapter. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited May 2018
    One time my boyfriend was playing a Sim who died in a cooking fire. He was the only person in the household and had no smoke alarms, so there was no way to put the fire out and the grim reaper couldn't get around the flames to claim him. We sat watching while the fire burned literally everything in his house for 3 or 4 Sim days before it went out. It was so stupid, I was laughing so hard I cried by the time it was all over. xD
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • MeskenasBoiiMeskenasBoii Posts: 39 Member
    Dare I day it, smarter sims !
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Crazy idea: how about some kind of NPC specifically designed to put out fires when contacted? We could call it like a Fireputterouter or something, and they can be called on the phone when a fire breaks out. I know it all sounds kinda risky given what a bold and unheard of new idea this is, but I think it might actually catch on with the fans if we give it a shot.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    One time I had been playing as my first Police Officer sim and I had him out on patrol that day and it landed him at the Partihaus place. While I had him doing usual patrol stuff, apparently Paolo Rocca had lit their outdoor grill on fire and I couldn't do anything about it. They just ran outside the house and started panicking and doing nothing. I couldn't enter their house to extinguish it so I watched it slowly engulf their patio. Luckily I could leave the patrol area simply by clicking on my Sim to head back to the station. This is one of many examples that firemen need to exist in Sims 4.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Crazy idea: how about some kind of NPC specifically designed to put out fires when contacted? We could call it like a Fireputterouter or something, and they can be called on the phone when a fire breaks out. I know it all sounds kinda risky given what a bold and unheard of new idea this is, but I think it might actually catch on with the fans if we give it a shot.

I see what you did there rofl
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    So right now I was playing a child who went over to someone's house, and a fire started. The people who lived there are evidently too stupid to extinguish it, and I can't leave the lot during a fire, can't talk to anyone, can't use the phone to do anything remotely useful, can't even fish for some stupid reason. So all I can do is stand and watch everything burn. Already been there 16 hours now, starving, peed self, going to miss school...seriously, if you aren't going to implement firemen, at least make the plum npc sims put the fire out.
    I don't think that all Sims have fire extinguishers though - some will get theirs out, but not all of them do - so there must be some kind of system for it.

The fallback is the sprinkler system thing.